The World's #1 Russian, Ukrainian & Eastern European Discussion & Information Forum - RUA!

This Is the Premier Discussion Forum on the Net for Information and Discussion about Russia, Ukraine, Eastern Europe and the Former Soviet Union. Discuss Culture, Politics, Travelling, Language, International Relationships and More. Chat with Travellers, Locals, Residents and Expats. Ask and Answer Questions about Travel, Culture, Relationships, Applying for Visas, Translators, Interpreters, and More. Give Advice, Read Trip Reports, Share Experiences and Make Friends.

Author Topic: When will scheduled International air travel resume?  (Read 6340 times)

Offline msmoby

• BANNED
  • BANNED
  • Spouses Country: Russia
  • Trips: 20+
Re: When will scheduled International air travel resume?
« Reply #50 on: May 19, 2020, 03:26:15 AM »
I am sure Wiz has brought this up elsewhere and added 3 more degrees to the temps))

Warm weather might indeed help stem the rapid spread of the disease if you work outdoors.

Thailand was these temps in January and still had cases and ultimately had to lock down.

The worst numbers, proportionally were in Bangkok, not tourist areas..
I have never claimed to be a Blue Beret

Spurious claims about 'seeing action' with the Blue Berets are debunked >here<

Here is my Russophobia/Kremlinphobia topic

Online AvHdB

• Spouses Country: Ukraine, Kiev
« Reply #51 on: May 19, 2020, 06:50:25 AM »
11 Nations that are part of the EU have agreed upon rules for the easing of travel restrictions. I am not certain what the web site is.

https://www.ekathimerini.com/252783/article/ekathimerini/news/11-eu-states-agree-on-rules-for-tourism-reopening
“If you aren't in over your head, how do you know how tall you are?” T.S. Eliot

Online andrewfi

• Supporting Member
    • Articles About Almost Anything!
« Reply #52 on: May 19, 2020, 07:20:29 AM »
Yeah there was a meeting late last week but as you can see from the list of countries that were in the piece it was quite limited.

It looks as though the real process will be a series of bilateral agreements between states/countries bases upon the criteria that are most important to those states. For example, Estonia is planning a process of whitelisting where countries with fewer than 26 new cases per 100,000 population will be able to enter the country. All others - not.

That list will be updated iiirc every week.

The UK is now saying that they too will be whitelisting countries with a low infection rate. Travellers from whitelisted or as they call it 'Air Bridge' countries can enter without quarantine. All others get 14 days quarantine in government facilities or private residences.

It means that travel will open on a very piecemeal basis and travel will require a fair bit of planning and flexibility.

...everything ends always well; if it’s still bad, then it’s not the end!

Offline andrew99

• Trips: 1-5
« Reply #53 on: May 20, 2020, 02:39:09 AM »
when should tickets be bought? :)

Offline Steveboy

• Commercial Member
  • Trips: Resident
« Reply #54 on: May 20, 2020, 03:50:17 AM »
Yeah there was a meeting late last week but as you can see from the list of countries that were in the piece it was quite limited.

It looks as though the real process will be a series of bilateral agreements between states/countries bases upon the criteria that are most important to those states. For example, Estonia is planning a process of whitelisting where countries with fewer than 26 new cases per 100,000 population will be able to enter the country. All others - not.

The UK is now saying that they too will be whitelisting countries with a low infection rate. Travellers from whitelisted or as they call it 'Air Bridge' countries can enter without quarantine. All others get 14 days quarantine in government facilities or private residences.

It means that travel will open on a very piecemeal basis and travel will require a fair bit of planning and flexibility.

We are both going to the Uk end of year some time.. Im not staying in any quarantine Im out, we will both be out ..

It is a bit of a joke for the Uk they had the bloody airports open for months letting every Tom Dick and harry in whilst the virus was increasing, in fact most hotels in London were welcoming the guests  right up to the last bloody minute.. then they decide months later when it is nearly over to quarantine people.. :laugh: :laugh:

Do one! Thats my answer.. I shall down the Pilot Boat with friends eating fresh scallops and crab.. not sat indoors..
I support no government anywhere, ever, never. No institution, No religion!!

Offline Olga_Mouse

When will scheduled International air travel resume? (Ukraine)
« Reply #55 on: May 20, 2020, 07:49:31 AM »
Ukraine is opening borders with Moldova and EU

https://lenta.ru/news/2020/05/20/ukraine_euro/
Leaving Russia is not an emigration, rather an evacuation.

Offline Contrarian

« Reply #56 on: May 20, 2020, 08:20:08 AM »

We are both going to the Uk end of year some time.. Im not staying in any quarantine Im out, we will both be out ..

It is a bit of a joke for the Uk they had the bloody airports open for months letting every Tom Dick and harry in whilst the virus was increasing, in fact most hotels in London were welcoming the guests  right up to the last bloody minute.. then they decide months later when it is nearly over to quarantine people.. :laugh: :laugh:

Do one! Thats my answer.. I shall down the Pilot Boat with friends eating fresh scallops and crab.. not sat indoors..

It was a bloody psyops from day one!

First in NYC that idiot Mayor DeBlasio encourages people to eat and mingle about, nothing to worry about, then later the rat tries to blame Trump!

Offline Contrarian

Online AvHdB

« Reply #58 on: May 20, 2020, 08:27:03 AM »
when should tickets be bought? :)

Within six weeks of serious exchanges with woman or women who interest you.

Online Texan77

« Reply #59 on: May 20, 2020, 02:11:56 PM »
When should a ticket be bought? The longer I looked the less I wrote. I would start looking for girl about six weeks before I plan to travel to the country and give the girls a date when we started writing. A lot of girls did not really want to meet a guy and I would find that out soon. 

When I was looking I would write about four women and then go meet them. It is amazing how a two hour dinner would tell me more than months of writing. When it does not work out I would not feel an emotional drop beyond a line thru another name and go to the next. At the end of the trip if there is no one left I would not let that bother me neither just plan another trip and start off with four more girls. The way to find the right one is to keep trying and do not get disappointed when it does not work out or if she is not what you expected. If I get stood up that was just fine that was just a dinner did not have to buy. Obviously she was not going to work out anyway.  I would plan to meet any girl a second day if dinner worked out. So I would have at least one day between dates. I would tell the girls just what I was doing and it would be explained if we got a long well and she expressed an interest in me, I could cancel the rest of the dates and or plan another trip soon just to meet her.     
3) There has been no "threat" to invade Ukraine. The US invented that and fed it to a complicit media.

Offline Steveboy

• Commercial Member
« Reply #60 on: May 20, 2020, 03:05:01 PM »
When should a ticket be bought? The longer I looked the less I wrote. I would start looking for girl about six weeks before I plan to travel to the country and give the girls a date when we started writing. A lot of girls did not really want to meet a guy and I would find that out soon. 

When I was looking I would write about four women and then go meet them. It is amazing how a two hour dinner would tell me more than months of writing. When it does not work out I would not feel an emotional drop beyond a line thru another name and go to the next. At the end of the trip if there is no one left I would not let that bother me neither just plan another trip and start off with four more girls. The way to find the right one is to keep trying and do not get disappointed when it does not work out or if she is not what you expected. If I get stood up that was just fine that was just a dinner did not have to buy. Obviously she was not going to work out anyway.  I would plan to meet any girl a second day if dinner worked out. So I would have at least one day between dates. I would tell the girls just what I was doing and it would be explained if we got a long well and she expressed an interest in me, I could cancel the rest of the dates and or plan another trip soon just to meet her.     

Blimmey a right studley you was then... :thumbsup:

Offline Manny

« Reply #61 on: May 20, 2020, 04:04:13 PM »
When I was looking I would write about four women and then go meet them. It is amazing how a two hour dinner would tell me more than months of writing. When it does not work out I would not feel an emotional drop beyond a line thru another name and go to the next. At the end of the trip if there is no one left I would not let that bother me neither just plan another trip and start off with four more girls. The way to find the right one is to keep trying and do not get disappointed when it does not work out or if she is not what you expected. If I get stood up that was just fine that was just a dinner did not have to buy. Obviously she was not going to work out anyway.  I would plan to meet any girl a second day if dinner worked out.   

In the middle of an unrelated topic, we find a gold nugget. I agree with this methodology 1000%. I did very similar.
Read a trip report from North Korea >>here<< - Read a trip report from South Korea, China and Hong Kong >>here<<

Look what the American media makes some people believe:
Putin often threatens to strike US with nuclear weapons.

Online Texan77

« Reply #62 on: June 12, 2020, 05:51:49 AM »
We have been trying to plan  trip. This is part of  letter I got from my girl this morning

I have read in the news in Germany parents of school children have been informed about education on distance next school year/
It seems they have the second wave too
Also Germany closed the boarders until 31th of August.
Travelling forbidden
3) There has been no "threat" to invade Ukraine. The US invented that and fed it to a complicit media.

Online andrewfi

• Supporting Member
« Reply #63 on: June 12, 2020, 06:06:45 AM »

Offline msmoby

• BANNED
  • BANNED
« Reply #64 on: June 12, 2020, 06:40:20 AM »
Tex' g/f is better informed than our andrewfi..

https://www.schengenvisainfo.com/news/eu-urges-member-states-to-resume-visa-operations-abroad/

Now whilst I don't expect to see Russians coming much before August. "Albania, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Kosovo, Montenegro, North Macedonia and Serbia should be the first to benefit from the abolishment of travel restrictions, as of July 1st"

Online AvHdB

« Reply #65 on: June 12, 2020, 08:08:12 AM »
We have been trying to plan  trip. This is part of  letter I got from my girl this morning

"Also Germany closed the boarders until 31th of August.
Travelling forbidden"

Germany placed as I recall some 160 countries on a list that it suggested citizens not travel to for vacation. It seems though many of the road crossings between Ukraine and Central European countries are open for citizens to pass. I believe airports in Ukraine will start next week accommodating International travelers.

Offline Steveboy

• Commercial Member
« Reply #66 on: June 12, 2020, 12:34:22 PM »
Looks like July 15th for Russia but as usual that will not include the UK! :laugh:

I guess that will be end of summer..

Online andrewfi

• Supporting Member
« Reply #67 on: June 12, 2020, 12:52:57 PM »
Tex' g/f is better informed than our andrewfi..

https://www.schengenvisainfo.com/news/eu-urges-member-states-to-resume-visa-operations-abroad/

Now whilst I don't expect to see Russians coming much before August. "Albania, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Kosovo, Montenegro, North Macedonia and Serbia should be the first to benefit from the abolishment of travel restrictions, as of July 1st"

Moby, go and read. Don't assume that you are the smartest man in the room when quite demonstrably you are not. Smart people can read - you seem to have some catching up to do there.

Offline msmoby

• BANNED
  • BANNED
« Reply #68 on: June 12, 2020, 02:24:39 PM »
Looks like July 15th for Russia but as usual that will not include the UK! :laugh:

Russia is no better

"Opening EU Borders for Russian Nationals, Not on Agenda"
  June 10th :((

https://www.schengenvisainfo.com/news/opening-eu-borders-for-russian-nationals-not-on-agenda/

Offline msmoby

• BANNED
  • BANNED
« Reply #69 on: June 12, 2020, 02:44:54 PM »

Moby, go and read. Don't assume that you are the smartest man in the room when quite demonstrably you are not. Smart people can read - you seem to have some catching up to do there.

I AM demonstrably smarter, esp. when it comes to knowing about immigration rules, EU Directives, EU immigration ( and there being  non compliance issues with individual nations ) obtaining Business and Work Visas and qualification equivalence ...

You see, unlike you .. I do not post bollox about such things .. I put MY knowledge into practice and actually DO know more than most border control officers in Ireland, UK, Cyprus, Spain, Greece .

I posted on here that an Irish citizen living in the North of Ireland, never holding an UK passport, would be allowed to have her US partner reside in N.Ireland and was proven right .. it took 'em 3.5 years .. 

Back in December, the senior guy who  interviewed me re SC's 'contested' entry told me they'd "never win" ..

This will bring about a new immigration law for those of us who were lucky enough to have been born in N.Ireland .. irrespective of passports we must be treated as EU citizens and not British re immigration law, if we so choose.

Do check.. 

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2020/may/14/northern-ireland-born-british-and-irish-win-eu-citizenship-rights

When andrewfi tells a poster to 'go read' , it's simply his std, "I've been busted by someone who actually HAS read" .. :coffeeread:

Online Texan77

« Reply #70 on: June 12, 2020, 03:02:56 PM »

Yea … Which summer? ??? 

I am sure it does not include the USA neither.

Offline Steveboy

• Commercial Member
« Reply #71 on: June 12, 2020, 03:17:37 PM »

Yea … Which summer? ??? 

I am sure it does not include the USA neither.

Yes your right I think No US either on July 15th, Just Turkey, China a few other places and all countries in Schengen zone I think..can enter after July 15th I think that is how it is..

Offline msmoby

• BANNED
  • BANNED
« Reply #72 on: June 13, 2020, 01:31:34 AM »
I think..can enter after July 15th I think that is how it is..

Then you know something no-one else does ))

Offline Steveboy

• Commercial Member
« Reply #73 on: June 13, 2020, 04:48:53 AM »
I think..can enter after July 15th I think that is how it is..

Then you know something no-one else does ))

I always do.. :laugh:

https://www.tourdom.ru/news/istochniki-regulyarnye-reysy-iz-rossii-za-granitsu-mogut-vozobnovit-15-iyulya.html

There is some other news of things going through but I will have to find it, its Russia things change over night..

Offline msmoby

• BANNED
  • BANNED
« Reply #74 on: June 13, 2020, 05:22:17 AM »

I always do.. :laugh:

https://www.tourdom.ru/news/istochniki-regulyarnye-reysy-iz-rossii-za-granitsu-mogut-vozobnovit-15-iyulya.html

There is some other news of things going through but I will have to find it, its Russia things change over night..

Given my headline and no plans to discuss RU Schengen Visas what will be the point of flts to the EU ? ((