Information & Chat > Travel Discussion: Russia, Ukraine, Belarus, Baltics & The Stans

When will scheduled International air travel resume?

<< < (2/20) > >>

Texan77:
Airlines will look at who is traveling. Do they need low fares to sell tickets or will the population wiling to travel will pay what it cost. In business it is called what the traffic will bare. There is a very well developed computer program that figures out how the airline can make the most money and what the fares need to be to achieve that. I bet a lot of the earlier travelers will pay what it cost and the fares will be high. Then if they have to keep 1/3 of the seat empty they may not feel they can have low fares any more. I expect fares to be twice or more for earlier travelers as there will likely be little competition or reason to lower them. 

Steveboy:
I think they will be begging for passengers for the first few months and tickets will be dead cheap..

But I'm sure 6/12. months down the line that will finish and they will be charging usual price +30% .. to recoup they losses..

AvHdB:

--- Quote from: Texan77 on April 23, 2020, 02:17:07 PM ---Airlines will look at who is traveling. Do they need low fares to sell tickets or will the population wiling to travel will pay what it cost. In business it is called what the traffic will bare. There is a very well developed computer program that figures out how the airline can make the most money and what the fares need to be to achieve that. I bet a lot of the earlier travelers will pay what it cost and the fares will be high. Then if they have to keep 1/3 of the seat empty they may not feel they can have low fares any more. I expect fares to be twice or more for earlier travelers as there will likely be little competition or reason to lower them. 

--- End quote ---

Perhaps what the 'market will bare' is more accurate. It can be amusing though to see what people will bare in traffic.

AvHdB:

--- Quote from: AvHdB on April 23, 2020, 02:42:20 PM ---
--- Quote from: Texan77 on April 23, 2020, 02:17:07 PM ---Airlines will look at who is traveling. Do they need low fares to sell tickets or will the population wiling to travel will pay what it cost. In business it is called what the traffic will bare. There is a very well developed computer program that figures out how the airline can make the most money and what the fares need to be to achieve that. I bet a lot of the earlier travelers will pay what it cost and the fares will be high. Then if they have to keep 1/3 of the seat empty they may not feel they can have low fares any more. I expect fares to be twice or more for earlier travelers as there will likely be little competition or reason to lower them. 

--- End quote ---

Perhaps what the 'market will bare' is more accurate. It can be amusing though to see what people will bare in traffic.

--- End quote ---

Ugh! The correct spelling is bear, as an example; how much weight can a bridge bear.

Texan77:
Today they are willing to sell me a ticket for the middle of June from Houston to Kiev for 950.00 dollars with air Canada. Usually I pay about 850 but I did not see any KLM flights now and that is who I usually fly with. It would be any body's guess if it will really fly or not.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version