The World's #1 Russian, Ukrainian & Eastern European Discussion & Information Forum - RUA!

This Is the Premier Discussion Forum on the Net for Information and Discussion about Russia, Ukraine, Eastern Europe and the Former Soviet Union. Discuss Culture, Politics, Travelling, Language, International Relationships and More. Chat with Travellers, Locals, Residents and Expats. Ask and Answer Questions about Travel, Culture, Relationships, Applying for Visas, Translators, Interpreters, and More. Give Advice, Read Trip Reports, Share Experiences and Make Friends.

Author Topic: Latest gender statistics in Russia  (Read 2232 times)

Offline Olga_Mouse

• Trips: Resident
Latest gender statistics in Russia
« on: April 22, 2020, 02:06:23 AM »
Maybe someone would find it usesful...  :reading:

https://news.mail.ru/society/41490561/?
Leaving Russia is not an emigration, rather an evacuation.

Offline msmoby

• BANNED
  • BANNED
  • Spouses Country: Russia
  • Trips: 20+
Re: Latest gender statistics in Russia
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2020, 05:40:41 AM »
Maybe someone would find it usesful...  :reading:

https://news.mail.ru/society/41490561/?

Using google translate ... to 'help'

The number of men exceeds the number of women only in the age category from zero to 29 years - 1050 men per thousand women. In the group from 30 to 39 years old, there are 999 men per thousand women. [ so up to 40 .. no difference..in fact more guys, overall ..]

At an older ages, the number of women in relation to men  increases. Starting from the group of 40–49 years, the number of men is reduced to 926, at the age of 50 to 59 years - 839.

I think we can safely discount that ol' tosh about 'less men' .. unless your 'ave. 20 year old FSU lass'  seeks a wrinkly, like me ..  :coffeeread:
I have never claimed to be a Blue Beret

Spurious claims about 'seeing action' with the Blue Berets are debunked >here<

Here is my Russophobia/Kremlinphobia topic

Offline Manny

« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2020, 10:40:11 PM »
The ‘more women than men’ thing has always been used disingenuously:

"It is emphasized that the number of men exceeds the number of women only in the age category from zero to 29 years - 1050 men per thousand women.

In the group from 30 to 39 years old, there are 999 men per thousand women.

The department revealed the following trend - at an older age, the number of women in relation to men is increasing. Starting from the group of 40-49 years, the number of men is reduced to 926, at the age of 50 to 59 years - 839.

The difference becomes more noticeable between the ages of 60 and 89. So, per thousand women, on average, almost half the number of men was 569.

The most noticeable difference in the age group of 90-99 years is that there are 289 men of the same age per thousand women."

So, if you want a woman in her 90s, it’s four to one.  :chuckle:
Read a trip report from North Korea >>here<< - Read a trip report from South Korea, China and Hong Kong >>here<<

Look what the American media makes some people believe:
Putin often threatens to strike US with nuclear weapons.

Offline Lord of the Dance

• Supporting Hero Member
  • Trips: None Yet
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2020, 12:13:42 AM »
So, if you want a woman in her 90s, it’s four to one.  :chuckle:

Seems a good target age for certain members here.  :laugh:

From youth to old age, I find that men age (in physical appearance) much less than women, and women always seem to live longer than men. It's just one (or two, as it were) of those things.
"My soul cries out with a joyful shout that the God of my heart is great, and my spirit sings of the wondrous things that you bring to the ones who wait." - Canticle of the Turning

Offline d672

• Supporting Member
  • Trips: 5-10
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2020, 12:31:14 AM »
 Those statistics don't mean anything. Everyone knows Russian men are all drunks and beat their wives and cheat. So many women on the dating sites say so! Stop trying to talk us out of giving those poor lonely women a better option!  :chuckle:

Offline msmoby

• BANNED
  • BANNED
« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2020, 12:39:39 AM »

From youth to old age, I find that men age (in physical appearance) much less than women..

Well THAT's a topic in itself .. I disagree..

This lady is old enough to be your Mother ..  She has a (nearly) 36 year old son and is a Grandmother ..

Online rosco

• Supporting Member
  • Trips: 10-20
« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2020, 05:36:24 AM »

Shock horror, Moby disagrees with someone again....... :fighting0025:

So you found one person you can use against a basic generalisation. This is pretty much the basis for all of your arguments, you find one person who's situation contradicts general observation and then argue about it until your opponent cant be arsed with you any longer.

I'd say in general or on average, men appear to age naturally, better than women, with naturally being the key word. You will of course find polar opposite ends of the scale which cannot of course be used as proof of said generalisation. Comparing Jenifer Aniston at 51 and some 51 year old fat bloke who works in Greggs in Bolton, and using it as a basis to argue would be ridiculously stupid.

Posting a photo of one woman who clearly keeps fit, eats well and looks after herself doesn't make the readers go, oh look Moby's correct. The law of averages doesn't apply because he found 1 person to make a point with.  :'(

Offline Dogsoldier

• Supporting Member
  • Spouses Country: Україна
« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2020, 05:57:41 AM »

So you found one person you can use against a basic generalisation. This is pretty much the basis for all of your arguments, you find one person who's situation contradicts general observation and then argue about it until your opponent cant be arsed with you any longer.

That’s Moby for you.
He’ll dig out one alleged example to the contrary and then argue the point till the cows come home.
Moby is always right, Moby Knows best, Moby never lies, Moby blah blah blah.  :sick0012:

Offline msmoby

• BANNED
  • BANNED
« Reply #8 on: April 23, 2020, 06:04:59 AM »

So you found one person you can use against a basic generalisation.

That was but one example ..

Care to try  a reasoned counter ?

This is pretty much the basis for all of your arguments, you find one person who's situation contradicts general observation and then argue about it until your opponent cant be arsed with you any longer.

Nope.. Rosco wants to make another thread about ME..

I'd say in general or on average, men appear to age naturally, better than women, with naturally being the key word. You will of course find polar opposite ends of the scale which cannot of course be used as proof of said generalisation. Comparing Jenifer Aniston at 51 and some 51 year old fat bloke who works in Greggs in Bolton, and using it as a basis to argue would be ridiculously stupid.

I can find you a legion of FSU ladies in their fifties that put blokes from the same age group to shame .. I could mention Christine Brinkley's bikini body and suggest you'd not find too many guys in their seventies that could get away with wearing a speedo ..

There's LOTS of examples, Rosco .. just open your eyes...

Posting a photo of one woman who clearly keeps fit, eats well and looks after herself doesn't make the readers go, oh look Moby's correct. The law of averages doesn't apply because he found 1 person to make a point with.  :'(

Aside from my wife, my ex-wife, who can also wear skimpy bikinis into their fifties ?..

There was a time when an actress was finished when they got into their forties ..no longer, Rosco ..

Who else is fit and over fifty ?

Elle McPherson, Liz Hurley, Halle Berry, Courtney Cox, Heather Lockyear .....

https://people.com/style/celebrities-over-fifty-in-bikinis/

Online rosco

• Supporting Member
« Reply #9 on: April 23, 2020, 09:20:03 AM »

Indeed. Let's discuss your last post with reason with common sense because you're making yourself look rather silly again.

I can find you a legion of FSU ladies in their fifties that put blokes from the same age group to shame .. I could mention Christine Brinkley's bikini body and suggest you'd not find too many guys in their seventies that could get away with wearing a speedo ..

Bullshit. If you want to go down that road, you'll find plenty of famous/wealthy guys in their 70's looking sharp. Also comparing glamorous females in their 50's with no doubt a google image search of drunk Russian guys, then you might have a point. However that would be disingenuous.

I find it bizarre that you've hand picked half a dozen celebrity ladies, who were fairly naturally beautiful before and have had the benefit of a career and lifestyle that has afforded them the stylists, time and money to look after themselves. You have seen the average woman over 40 who works, looks after kids and doesn't moisturise, get her hair done or wear make up yes?

Aside from my wife, my ex-wife, who can also wear skimpy bikinis into their fifties ?..

And now we're getting to the bottom of it. We're not discussing what you think we're discussing i.e Are celebrity women more beautiful than celebrity men? or Are older women slimmer than older men? Or perhaps you've done the usual and fudged the discussion because you either enjoy arguing or you're not very bright?

Perhaps its your own standards which have pulled you down the wrong path? That all your ex wives and your current absent wife can wear bikinis in their 50/60's, you think this equals beauty? Moby being skinny isn't the same as being beautiful. Being skinny doesn't prove you've aged well either. I personally know plenty ladies in their 50's who could pull off a bikini but still look their age. We're talking about who ages better, not who's skinny.

Personally I believe its the face that tells us who's aged well.

The original point was made by Lordy.

From youth to old age, I find that men age (in physical appearance) much less than women..

I'm 39 and I see my friends who I grew up with. The average female in my area who I know, many having had children and without makeup and hair would be starting to look her age. Some women work hard at this and spend a pile of cash on cosmetics and hair dressers to maintain their looks. On the other hand, there's plenty guys of equal age who do nothing other than brush their teeth, shave and get a hair cut once a month and many still look boyish.

This isn't about competing or putting females down so try and lay your beta male, guardianista, faux offence to one side for the sake of a meaningful discussion. I reckon that if we were to get a pool of 100 men and 100 women as an experiment and photograph them over the decades without any hair, makeup or clothing, you'd find that on average;

"From youth to old age, I find that men age in physical appearance, much less than women."

This isn't about being sexist, mean or horrible. It's a general observation than many of us share......albeit an observation or opinion without fact. Perhaps men simply appear to grow older gracefully because we've never painted our faces etc. It's also worth pointing out that many young ladies out there all glammed up look like shit when you strip it all back. With men you generally get what you see.

Perhaps its the rate of change because of the facade, that makes many of us think this?

• Supporting Hero Member
« Reply #10 on: April 23, 2020, 09:54:16 AM »
This lady is old enough to be your Mother ..  She has a (nearly) 36 year old son and is a Grandmother ..

And therein lies another one: women are usually more flexible than men. If I tried to pull off such a maneuver it'd be curtains.
"My soul cries out with a joyful shout that the God of my heart is great, and my spirit sings of the wondrous things that you bring to the ones who wait." - Canticle of the Turning

• Supporting Hero Member
« Reply #11 on: April 23, 2020, 10:11:12 AM »
This isn't about competing or putting females down so try and lay your beta male, guardianista, faux offence to one side for the sake of a meaningful discussion. I reckon that if we were to get a pool of 100 men and 100 women as an experiment and photograph them over the decades without any hair, makeup or clothing, you'd find that on average;

"From youth to old age, I find that men age in physical appearance, much less than women."

This isn't about being sexist, mean or horrible. It's a general observation than many of us share......albeit an observation or opinion without fact. Perhaps men simply appear to grow older gracefully because we've never painted our faces etc. It's also worth pointing out that many young ladies out there all glammed up look like shit when you strip it all back. With men you generally get what you see.

Perhaps its the rate of change because of the facade, that makes many of us think this?

Just about sums it up.

I'm basing my observation on examples like this: when I look at a photo of my grandfather as a kid, I can see a resemblance to the man I know today. Whereas when I do the same with my grandmother I just can't see any distinct resemblance.

Offline msmoby

• BANNED
  • BANNED
« Reply #12 on: April 23, 2020, 10:31:30 AM »

Indeed. Let's discuss your last post with reason with common sense because you're making yourself look rather silly again.

Sighs, I realise you can't help yourself, but I meant responding to my suggestion that women wear equally - if not better - than men ...

Bullshit. If you want to go down that road, you'll find plenty of famous/wealthy guys in their 70's looking sharp. Also comparing glamorous females in their 50's with no doubt a google image search of drunk Russian guys, then you might have a point. However that would be disingenuous.

Proves you've not been on Russian beaches... 

I find it bizarre that you've hand picked half a dozen celebrity ladies, who were fairly naturally beautiful before and have had the benefit of a career and lifestyle that has afforded them the stylists, time and money to look after themselves. You have seen the average woman over 40 who works, looks after kids and doesn't moisturise, get her hair done or wear make up yes?

The women *I* have been lucky enough to give as examples have sons at least as old as, if not older - without said 'wealth' ...

One works for local govt, another has a cleaning biz, actually servicing some clients as well as running the agency and the last sells what she wears so has an added incentive to keep shape ...

We aren't talking about average guys or ladies , Rosco ... 

And now we're getting to the bottom of it. We're not discussing what you think we're discussing i.e Are celebrity women more beautiful than celebrity men? or Are older women slimmer than older men? Or perhaps you've done the usual and fudged the discussion because you either enjoy arguing or you're not very bright?

I'm quite certain what we're discussing ..."From youth to old age, I find that men age (in physical appearance) much less than women"

There is no 'right or wrong' .. this is subjective .... I disagree with LotD .. I listed some examples..  You've written a lot of words... more about me ..

Perhaps its your own standards which have pulled you down the wrong path? That all your ex wives and your current absent wife can wear bikinis in their 50/60's, you think this equals beauty? Moby being skinny isn't the same as being beautiful. Being skinny doesn't prove you've aged well either. I personally know plenty ladies in their 50's who could pull off a bikini but still look their age. We're talking about who ages better, not who's skinny.

Naturally, I refer to the whole package ... YOU concentrate on the fizzog, by all means .. 

Why you ( and some others)  feel the need to remind me that my wife is 'absent' .. or 'current'  eludes me ...   When I was your age I had a 7 yr old kid and another was on the way ..  I had no idea, nor plan I'd be married twice more . ;)   I,too,  might have even thought someone like me 'deserved it'  ...  :chuckle:

I'm 39 and I see my friends who I grew up with. The average female in my area who I know, many having had children and without makeup and hair would be starting to look her age. Some women work hard at this and spend a pile of cash on cosmetics and hair dressers to maintain their looks. On the other hand, there's plenty guys of equal age who do nothing other than brush their teeth, shave and get a hair cut once a month and many still look boyish.

Hmm, I don't know about you, but this site started off discussing FSU W and how to find one .. 

Whilst I realise one might think of Scots women and think of Nicola Sturgeon or Janette Tough ( wee Jimmy Krankie), I think of Hollywood's late Deborah Kerr and Hazel Irvine - who was nothing to look at in her twenties when she replaced poor ol' Julian Tutt...  Some Scots ladies wear very nicely ..

I believe your and LotD difference in opinion with mine is down to AGE ..   My appreciated of 'older women' is based on an ol' gits perspective ...   

This isn't about being sexist, mean or horrible.

'Of course not'.. Your references to 'betas' were not all met with offence ... A lot of laughter .. but offence .. not at all !

It's a general observation than many of us share......albeit an observation or opinion without fact.

Hallelujah..  SUBJECTIVE...    I only said I diagreed with LotD ...  :coffeeread:

Perhaps men simply appear to grow older gracefully because we've never painted our faces etc. It's also worth pointing out that many young ladies out there all glammed up look like shit when you strip it all back. With men you generally get what you see.

My wife doesn't wear slap - occasionally some waterproof lippy on the beach .. I'm 'in' to what you see is what you get .. the natural look ... A manicure and pedicure 3 times a year .. she cuts her own hair ;)   Lots of ladies wear v.little make up ..

Many older men have face-lifts, dye their hair and even wear makeup these days ... not me ...

Always enjoy chatting with you Rosco

Online rosco

• Supporting Member
« Reply #13 on: April 23, 2020, 10:41:34 AM »
I'm basing my observation on examples like this: when I look at a photo of my grandfather as a kid, I can see a resemblance to the man I know today. Whereas when I do the same with my grandmother I just can't see any distinct resemblance.

A fair point well made.

I do feel sorry for women because many have to work hard and spend, to keep themselves looking great. I don't mean that disrespectfully but my wife often says men are lucky. Before a wedding for example, women go through a gruelling schedule of maintenance to come out looking beautiful. Men shower, put on a suit and do their hair before being told they scrub up well.

Again, generally speaking of course.

:biggrin:

• Supporting Hero Member
« Reply #14 on: April 23, 2020, 10:58:55 AM »
I do feel sorry for women because many have to work hard and spend, to keep themselves looking great. I don't mean that disrespectfully but my wife often says men are lucky.

I agree! The male gender definitely gets the better deal in terms of practicality. I was never laughed at harder than in an instance where I suggested that a 12-pack of 'feminine hygiene products' should last a woman the whole year. Forgive me for being practical and logical, that's not how women operate.  :laugh:

Offline msmoby

• BANNED
  • BANNED
« Reply #15 on: April 23, 2020, 12:16:01 PM »

I agree! The male gender definitely gets the better deal in terms of practicality. I was never laughed at harder than in an instance where I suggested that a 12-pack of 'feminine hygiene products' should last a woman the whole year. Forgive me for being practical and logical, that's not how women operate.  :laugh:

Ah, so now the 'harmless misognogy' starts ..

This poster thinks the one of the best leaders we ever had was a woman ..   

Less testerone and more common sense ?

Offline Steveboy

• Commercial Member
  • Trips: Resident
« Reply #16 on: April 23, 2020, 01:58:05 PM »
it is another old fairy tale used by outdated web sites/marriage agencies and so on..

There are more women in Russia and it is NOT easy for a women to find a husband..  (:) That is why they ALL are searching for a foreign husband..

That one and a few other outdated fairy stories like "All Russian women are married by 25 or they will be left on the shelf" yeah really!!
I support no government anywhere, ever, never. No institution, No religion!!

Offline cufflinks

• Supporting Member
  • Trips: 1-5
« Reply #17 on: April 23, 2020, 05:18:59 PM »
I am sure we have all heard the saying that bears repeating...

Men age like scotch or fine wine and mellow over time...

Women age like milk :smokin:

Different sell by dates.

Offline cufflinks

• Supporting Member
« Reply #18 on: April 23, 2020, 07:23:46 PM »

• Supporting Hero Member
« Reply #19 on: April 23, 2020, 09:38:51 PM »

Offline msmoby

• BANNED
  • BANNED
« Reply #20 on: April 24, 2020, 04:24:25 AM »

Different sell by dates.

I have also heard the saying, "When words are scarce they are seldom spent in vain."

The other and original 'Shakespeare'...

Offline cufflinks

• Supporting Member
« Reply #21 on: April 24, 2020, 10:04:56 AM »
He has an informative and current YT lifestyle channel and web site featuring Belarus, Kstan, Ukraine, Russia and Brazil...  Fun to see the world in a Kool lifestyle manner.

He is both Red Pill and Reality Pill.

###

Offline msmoby

• BANNED
  • BANNED
« Reply #22 on: April 25, 2020, 12:18:02 AM »
He has an informative and current YT lifestyle channel and web site featuring Belarus, Kstan, Ukraine, Russia and Brazil...  Fun to see the world in a Kool lifestyle manner.

He is both Red Pill and Reality Pill.

###

..and he portrays a 'lifestyle' other regulars to Ukraine / Russia don't see ... ( UA/ RU Police 'regularly' stopping pedestrian foreigners ) hmm..

Some of us might believe this Oirish blather ..others GO there and realise he's  mostly talkin' out of his ARSE ...

Offline Manny

« Reply #23 on: April 25, 2020, 01:14:10 AM »

Different sell by dates.

I ran this theory past my wife who disagreed. Her thought was that while some men age well, others certainly don’t. Occasionally in Russia she encounters someone she knew when she lived there and she can’t recognise them today. They’ve gone flabby, no grooming and dress like they get their clothes from the charity shop. 

And not all women sour like milk. My wife looks great, especially compared to many local women of a similar age. Grooming and exercise helps of course. Amanda Holden is an excellent example of a woman ageing very well, she’s 49.
Read a trip report from North Korea >>here<< - Read a trip report from South Korea, China and Hong Kong >>here<<

Look what the American media makes some people believe:
Putin often threatens to strike US with nuclear weapons.

Registration