The World's #1 Russian, Ukrainian & Eastern European Discussion & Information Forum - RUA!

This Is the Premier Discussion Forum on the Net for Information and Discussion about Russia, Ukraine, Eastern Europe and the Former Soviet Union. Discuss Culture, Politics, Travelling, Language, International Relationships and More. Chat with Travellers, Locals, Residents and Expats. Ask and Answer Questions about Travel, Culture, Relationships, Applying for Visas, Translators, Interpreters, and More. Give Advice, Read Trip Reports, Share Experiences and Make Friends.

Author Topic: Government Petition: Please deny Richard Branson tax payers money to fund his ailing business  (Read 5156 times)

Offline Steveboy

• Commercial Member
  • Trips: Resident
Branson is a real shister...

The guy sends out patronizing letters to his staff about trying to save their jobs.. but hang on a minute he sent his staff home pretty dam fast without wages..

Your telling me he cannot pay their salary for 6 weeks? You may argue the point "Why should he pay the salary" This is correct nothing wrong with that! This guy

https://sports.yahoo.com/sheeran-furlough-083555372.html?src=rss.       he's happy to pay his staff for a few months out of his own pocket I guess you could say as some kind of respect .. If I had a guy or two working for me I would Aldo be happy to pay their salary for 2 months out of my own pocket, and so do many others..

The thing with tricky dicky is this he always presents himself as a kind of "Peoples person" which he is in fact far from!! Virgin owned the local health clinic in Lyme Regis for a period and he was a shitty payer and the locals were glad to see the back of him..

But anyway back to the "Peoples man " he falsely tries to market him self st.. "Peoples man"? He couldn't even pay his staff 6 week from Virgin funds.. what sort of a business can you have with no cash in the bank to do this? Pretty shit if you ask me?

He is no peoples man. he is just a shister and so what if his shitty airline goes bust.. plenty of other bigger fish went the same way. TWA.. PANAM.. big iconic brands.. but someone else stepped into their shoes , someone else employed the staff..

No one will miss tricky dicky.. as they say what comes round goes round and more more the case for this turd..

I support no government anywhere, ever, never. No institution, No religion!!

Online andrewfi

• Supporting Member
    • Articles About Almost Anything!
Ed Sheeran is paying for staff at his private pub. It's a handful of people. The Virgin Group employs over 8000 on the airline. A slight difference in scale.

I'd bet there are legal reasons connected to fiduciary responsibility that limit the ability of Virgin to fly the business into the ground to the detriment of the shareholders.
...everything ends always well; if it’s still bad, then it’s not the end!

Offline Steveboy

• Commercial Member
Ed Sheeran is paying for staff at his private pub. It's a handful of people. The Virgin Group employs over 8000 on the airline. A slight difference in scale.

I'd bet there are legal reasons connected to fiduciary responsibility that limit the ability of Virgin to fly the business into the ground to the detriment of the shareholders.

Yeah but ed Sheridan is worth just 170 million .. Virgin apparently is worth billions.. it makes no difference If I paid 2 members of staff full salary for 2 months that would be = to 8000 staff from Virgin..It is no different to the head of Amazon bragging about what a do good'er he is giving 3 billion to charity.. I would consider myself more generous than him if I just gave $500 to charity..

Of course Im not saying here it is any employers responsibility or not responsibility to pay staff that is up to the employer at all times..

But as I said Branson markets himself as a kind of peoples man who looks after his staff.. in fact he does not really any more than any other employer..

He has also spent billions /millions of Virgin galactic . it is a loss making venture at the moment of course maybe one day it will make some money but at the moment it is loss making and has been for years..

Maybe if he was such a good business man he would of not started investing in Virgin galactic till he had a decent rainy day fund.. if you ask me that is bad business and in any case it is always bad to over invest..

The man is a shister and nothing more.. I know for sure I will never fly Virgin.. but I have principles and for absolutely sure I would never ever go cap in hand to anyone especially people who I previously called stupid..which is basically what the turd is doing.. he is asking the general public for a bail out/cheap loan how ever you want to dress it up.. he is begging the people a few months back that he considered stupid dumb ass mo***** ***** that is the truth of the matter..

Offline Wiz

• Spouses Country: Russia
  • Trips: 20+

Laker Airways was a wholly private, British independent airline founded by Sir Freddie Laker in 1966. It was originally a charter airline flying passengers and cargo worldwide. The company did not survive Mrs Thatcher recession of the early 1980s (3.5 Million unemployed) and on 5 February 1982, Laker Airways collapsed owing £270m. Three years after the failure, rival transatlantic airlines settled a lawsuit that alleged they had colluded to cut fares and force Sir Freddie out of business.

Freddie Laker, founder and chairman of Laker Airways,, was a wonderful man and I am honoured to have met him! He gave me the best advice on how to make money. "Pile them High and make them cheap" and worked perfectly for me, 1978 - 1981, as a small company I made a lot of money at that time organising  holidays and flights to Greece.

Mrs Thatcher, also,  did not intervene to  provide Government Guarantees to Midlands Bank, in March 1991 to protect the International Leisure Group and its Airline Air Europe that was the main supplier of charter seats to Intasun Leisure, and many other small operators like mine!

As Richard Branson is not domicile in the UK and his companies are registered in Switzerland just wonder if he paid any taxes in the UK?

Didn't the Government had to Nationalise Virgin trains because ....... why now we should pay for his losses of Virgin Airlines.?

How many other British Airlines are loosing money because of the lockout and sorting out their own staff......

When Air Europe went bust my small company lost over £50 000, at the time,  that was paid in 1990 deposits for flight to be operated during next summer?

My company did not get any money back.... banks had priority!  >:(

PS: Steve try to find his Bio..... he almost went to prison... for not paying VAT!

Why the sun does not shine on the Ex- British Empire Anymore? Because God never trusted an Englishman in the dark!

Offline Wiz

Branson and other business people like him have a problem. They cannot (and should not) be expected to afford to pay for the salaries of people who cannot work, in large part, because of restrictions placed by national governments. That's not a normal business risk.

The underlying question that should be answered though is whether a post Covid-19 world can support all the airlines and infrastructure that were in use before the virus. If the judgement is that it can't then as a matter of policy no assistance should be given, or it should be targeted on the candidates most likely to perform adequately after the virus.

Make your choice........who to save!

As about Branson's Guarrantees, his islands ....... I am sure you read that have been destroyed by the typhoon.........and their value......is not 500 million....I read!

tiphat
Why the sun does not shine on the Ex- British Empire Anymore? Because God never trusted an Englishman in the dark!

Online AvHdB

• Spouses Country: Ukraine, Kiev
As about Branson's Guarrantees, his islands ....... I am sure you read that have been destroyed by the typhoon.........and their value......is not 500 million....I read!

Which guarantees? How many islands does he own? Which typhoon destroyed the islands? Have you seen any of the islands?

You read, I assume Cat in the Hat.

Note: My initial post did not correctly indicate the author. It is in fact Wiz as visible above, Reply#29.
“If you aren't in over your head, how do you know how tall you are?” T.S. Eliot

Offline Steveboy

• Commercial Member

[/quote]

He must have have some clothes or a few houses, boats he can do a quick fire sale with..

I can highly recommend a great series "If you can't pay we will take it away" Watch a few episodes of that then decide if dip wit should be entitles to a bail out from the UK tax payers..

Offline Steveboy

• Commercial Member
There are just two people I cannot stand .. both arrogant, double standards do as I say but not as I do and all the usual shit that comes out of these peoples foul disgusting mouths..

1. Richard Branson

2. Victoria beckam

Victoria beckam is another dumb ass   https://meaww.com/victoria-beckham-employees-furlough-salary-pay-taxpayers-net-worth-posh. She changed her mind on this now due to public outcry.. :laugh:

This women I really cannot stand .. she is a dumb f**** who only has the ability to wash a few plates nothing more..yet for some real crazy unknown reason she thinks she is some kind of fashion icon.. :laugh:

Who the hell would want to buy her crappy brand is way beyond me! I cannot think what mentality any women would wish to buy any of her crap and yes it really is crap made in Bangladesh anyone who considers them selves fashionable and trendy with any of her garbage must with be as stupid as her or completely friggin brain dead..my wife would never buy her trash and if she did I would bin it whilst she slept!!

Beckem has never made rouble with any of her business ventures and always asks her husband to bail her out or pay the creditors.. YET for some  christ knows reason considers herself a fashion icon.. :laugh: What a dumb b***

And this women really even thinks people are interested in her stupid dumb ass kids!! Who the hell is interested in her kids? Only other dumb asses!!

Victoria beckam  :sick0012: :sick0012: :sick0012: No thanks!

Online AvHdB

Ms. Beckam is seriously annoying and it would be on my list. * BUT if she was available and I could use a noise cancelling device, I might do mankind a small favour and pound her.

*in some ways a better version than the original, unfortunately ms is not on the list!

Offline Steveboy

• Commercial Member
Ms. Beckam is seriously annoying and it would be on my list. * BUT if she was available and I could use a noise cancelling device, I might do mankind a small favour and pound her.

*in some ways a better version than the original, unfortunately ms is not on the list!

I can't stand the bloody women!! If for some reason I was ever famous or on some list and had to meet her and for some reason would have to shake her hand I would just say

"You know what Victoria? I really cannot stand you! I'm not going to shake your hand"

I certainly would never do so to please anyone..

Horrible little women..

Offline Manny

I like Victoria Beckham.  :nod:

I've no time for Beardy Branson though.

Perhaps we could rename this topic "People Steve Hates"?  :chuckle:
Read a trip report from North Korea >>here<< - Read a trip report from South Korea, China and Hong Kong >>here<<

Look what the American media makes some people believe:
Putin often threatens to strike US with nuclear weapons.

Offline Steveboy

• Commercial Member
I like Victoria Beckham.  :nod:

I've no time for Beardy Branson though.

Perhaps we could rename this topic "People Steve Hates"?  :chuckle:

I can honestly tell you I do not hate many people.. Im not a hateful person! Im easy going but I just hate people with double standards..and hypocrites Yes I can't stand hypocrites  I do not care what people do in life, you do what you have to do to make life how you want, most want to make money and be happy myself included..life is to short to bicker too much..If some one is robbing banks for a living I don't care.. as long as they don't rob me,,

But those two yes I hate the dumb asses!!

I like Victoria Beckham but could you just explain one little thing what you like about this poisoned dwarf ?  :laugh:

Offline Wiz

Which guarantees? How many islands does he own? Which typhoon destroyed the islands? Have you seen any of the islands?

Note: My initial post did not correctly indicate the author. It is in fact Wiz as visible above, Reply#29.

I suggest when you come to your senses and the wine has stop controlling your head..... go and make some searches about the Necker Island that he bought for $28,000 dollars...... you will discover that it was destroyed from a hurricane.........

DO NOT TRY TO BE CLEVER for the sake to ridicule my comments.

You are justs a TROLL and nothing else... go talk to your mate Moby!

:evilgrin0002:

Online AvHdB

I suggest when you come to your senses and the wine has stop controlling your head..... go and make some searches about the Necker Island that he bought for $28,000 dollars...... you will discover that it was destroyed from a hurricane.........

DO NOT TRY TO BE CLEVER for the sake to ridicule my comments.

You are justs a TROLL and nothing else... go talk to your mate Moby!

Please understand Stud Muffin, first, NO typhoon passed by Necker Island.

Second, until presently, only Hurricane Irma has caused damage to the British Virgin Islands. While reported Necker Island was destroyed, they were receiving guests when I sailed by in the early winter. Other islands were more heavily damaged and the American Virgin Island were devastated.

We can assume that you have never seen Necker Island, except perhaps the pictures in a brochure. As mentioned above I sailed by it, big deal. 

While I am not sure, if you think that island is worth 500 million $US, I have a bridge connecting Brooklyn to Manhattan for sale. The generous chap that I am I will make a special price for you! For what it is worth he DID NOT buy the island as you suggest for $ 28,000.=

A veritable Greek oracle of misinformation is Wiz.

When you get past Cat in the Hat, perhaps an English classic such as Winnie the Pooh?

Offline Manny

I like Victoria Beckham but could you just explain one little thing what you like about this poisoned dwarf ?  :laugh:

I read her books and she came across really nice and good hearted, and she's from a decent family. I knew a few folks who met them when they lived up here when he was at United, people liked them. I always thought she was the best looking of the Spice Girls, and she's matured into a pretty keen looking milf.

Sure her fashion label isn't the most successful, but it's the millionaire version of a rich housewife bird with a shop selling candles and smelly stuff. Keeps her busy, she gets to hang out with designers and folks like Elton. Why not? They don't need the clothes thing to make a profit, it's a hobby really. Better she does that on his dime than be bored at home and end up shagging her tennis coach.

She's actually got a superb fashion sense, but not so much business sense. Her stuff is great looking and well cut but simply not good value for money. Had she have pitched lower in the market within reach of average middle class folks, it'd have done well. Her mistake was trying to enter the market at Versace and Hermes level without the history.

Also she kept her family together through some rocky times with the added pressure of the media spotlight.
Read a trip report from North Korea >>here<< - Read a trip report from South Korea, China and Hong Kong >>here<<

Look what the American media makes some people believe:
Putin often threatens to strike US with nuclear weapons.

Online AvHdB

Also she kept her family together through some rocky times with the added pressure of the media spotlight.

This I can respect but on the television and radio she is just annoying to the extreme. Perhaps it is her particular accent, but please STFU!

Offline Lord of the Dance

• Supporting Hero Member
  • Trips: None Yet
I have a bridge connecting Brooklyn to Manhattan for sale. The generous chap that I am I will make a special price for you!

:laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:

For what it's worth, we've decided to unload a few of our property holdings in the FL keys after hurricane Irma came through a few years back... did a lot of damage on Islamorada (fortunately our house is flood/storm proof, but some of the rentals are not).

Wiz, you should know that a typhoon is not native to the North Atlantic nor Caribbean oceans.

A short cartoon on Sir Richard Branson:

"My soul cries out with a joyful shout that the God of my heart is great, and my spirit sings of the wondrous things that you bring to the ones who wait." - Canticle of the Turning

Offline Lord of the Dance

• Supporting Hero Member
  • Trips: None Yet
I'll be honest, I really don't know too much about this fella, Sir Richard. I suppose my limited knowledge of his exploits would be his involvement in the aerospace industry. But a bit of YouTubing netted this interesting piece detailing his private island and the (sometimes famous) guests he hosts there. Definitely an eccentric of the far-out-there variety.

As to this bailout stuff, my personal belief is that a government should never interfere with business, whether for better or for worse... that's just not within the job description of a country's government.

"My soul cries out with a joyful shout that the God of my heart is great, and my spirit sings of the wondrous things that you bring to the ones who wait." - Canticle of the Turning

Online andrewfi

• Supporting Member
I tend toward the don't bail out businesses but there are times when it can be worthwhile. For example, a government might take the view that some businesses or sectors had a national strategic value. Or it might be that the failure of the business might have far reaching and unfortunate consequences. Then there's the costs involved in taking a load of people out of the workforce as compared to keeping an otherwise sound business working.

These factors are even more important at times like this. I am absolutely not making a case for Virgin here, but pointing out that a blindly doctrinaire approach is not the best way to go.

Offline Steveboy

• Commercial Member

I read her books and she came across really nice and good hearted, and she’s from a decent family. I knew a few folks who met them when they lived up here when he was at United, people liked them. I always thought she was the best looking of the Spice Girls, and she’s matured into a pretty keen looking milf.

Sure her fashion label isn’t the most successful, but it’s the millionaire version of a rich housewife bird with a shop selling candles and smelly stuff. Keeps her busy, she gets to hang out with designers and folks like Elton. Why not? They don’t need the clothes thing to make a profit, it’s a hobby really. Better she does that on his dime than be bored at home and end up shagging her tennis coach.

She’s actually got a superb fashion sense, but not so much business sense. Her stuff is great looking and well cut but simply not good value for money. Had she have pitched lower in the market within reach of average middle class folks, it’d have done well. Her mistake was trying to enter the market at Versace and Hermes level without the history.

folks like Elton  Christ i forgot that one!! Elton John a despicable person utterly.. here we have the usual hypercritical pr*** that hangs about with other pr***s .. here is a guy who has the f*** audacity to tell the likes of you and me to cut down our C02 emissions , take less holidays , use the car less often whilst this fat twat lays in bed sucking his partners plums and ordering private jets to collect his friends for a weekend party..

Then he has the bloody audacity  to say it is ok for him as he will pay some conscience tax to some green planet fund and plant a few trees to offset it.. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: he must think the general public are stupid.. of course he does!

What a idiot the guy has landed up as..

So ok one more to  the list

1. trick dicky
2. dip shit beckem
3. elton plum sucker john

Offline Dogsoldier

• Supporting Member
  • Spouses Country: Україна
  • Trips: 10-20

I read her books and she came across really nice and good hearted, and she’s from a decent family. I knew a few folks who met them when they lived up here when he was at United, people liked them. I always thought she was the best looking of the Spice Girls, and she’s matured into a pretty keen looking milf.

Sure her fashion label isn’t the most successful, but it’s the millionaire version of a rich housewife bird with a shop selling candles and smelly stuff. Keeps her busy, she gets to hang out with designers and folks like Elton. Why not? They don’t need the clothes thing to make a profit, it’s a hobby really. Better she does that on his dime than be bored at home and end up shagging her tennis coach.

She’s actually got a superb fashion sense, but not so much business sense. Her stuff is great looking and well cut but simply not good value for money. Had she have pitched lower in the market within reach of average middle class folks, it’d have done well. Her mistake was trying to enter the market at Versace and Hermes level without the history.

folks like Elton  Christ i forgot that one!! Elton John a despicable person utterly.. here we have the usual hypercritical pr*** that hangs about with other pr***s .. here is a guy who has the f*** audacity to tell the likes of you and me to cut down our C02 emissions , take less holidays , use the car less often whilst this fat twat lays in bed sucking his partners plums and ordering private jets to collect his friends for a weekend party..

Then he has the bloody audacity  to say it is ok for him as he will pay some conscience tax to some green planet fund and plant a few trees to offset it.. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: he must think the general public are stupid.. of course he does!

1. trick dicky
2. dip shit beckem

Has your Mrs taken social distancing to an extreme and banned you from the bedroom?  :chuckle:

You seem to be awful shirty of late.  :ROFL:

Offline Wiz

While I am not sure, if you think that island is worth 500 million $US, I have a bridge connecting Brooklyn to Manhattan for sale. The generous chap that I am I will make a special price for you! For what it is worth he DID NOT buy the island as you suggest for $ 28,000.=

A veritable Greek oracle of misinformation is Wiz.

Zionist Troll..... I told you to search and find the info..... not if you went sailing near his island!  Find another person to play your silly trolling games!

I have more important thing to do with my life!

Offline Steveboy

• Commercial Member

1. trick dicky
2. dip shit beckem

Has your Mrs taken social distancing to an extreme and banned you from the bedroom?  :chuckle:

You seem to be awful shirty of late.  :ROFL:

Are you saying I have no sex? My wife says I'm a non stop sex machine ... :chuckle:

Offline Wiz

Why The UK Government Won’t Help Virgin Atlantic

tiphat

Online andrewfi

• Supporting Member

Are you saying I have no sex? My wife says I'm a non stop sex machine ... :chuckle:

Just like she has convinced you that a centimeter is the same as an inch.

Registration