The World's #1 Russian, Ukrainian & Eastern European Discussion & Information Forum - RUA!

This Is the Premier Discussion Forum on the Net for Information and Discussion about Russia, Ukraine, Eastern Europe and the Former Soviet Union. Discuss Culture, Politics, Travelling, Language, International Relationships and More. Chat with Travellers, Locals, Residents and Expats. Ask and Answer Questions about Travel, Culture, Relationships, Applying for Visas, Translators, Interpreters, and More. Give Advice, Read Trip Reports, Share Experiences and Make Friends.

Author Topic: Government Petition: Please deny Richard Branson tax payers money to fund his ailing business  (Read 5199 times)

Offline Steveboy

• Commercial Member
  • Trips: Resident
Any Brits here please help me with my petition to stop dick head Branson taking your hard earned tax money to rescue his ailing business ventures..

Make him suffer!!

I’ve made a petition – will you sign it?

Click this link to sign the petition:
https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/314463/sponsors/new?token=tAZKaX8gNRg7BrDtv_Zo

My petition:

Deny Richard Branson access to TAX payers money to rescue his business ventures.

Please deny Richard Branson tax payers money to fund his ailing business.

Richard Branson is a tax exile and contributes as little tax to the UK government as is possible. He has substantial assets and just like any small man who owns a business in the Uk would have to do, he can sell assets including his private Island to help rescue his airline. From what I see he has no rainy day fund.
I support no government anywhere, ever, never. No institution, No religion!!

Offline Manny

• Spouses Country: Russia
  • Trips: 20+
Read a trip report from North Korea >>here<< - Read a trip report from South Korea, China and Hong Kong >>here<<

Look what the American media makes some people believe:
Putin often threatens to strike US with nuclear weapons.

Offline Wiz

Not a Virgin Anymore  :laugh:

Why the sun does not shine on the Ex- British Empire Anymore? Because God never trusted an Englishman in the dark!

Offline Steveboy

• Commercial Member
So it has now gone to be checked if it meets the standards ,if so the petition will be live within a week..

After this time it will be share like bloody crazy .. need 100,000 signatures..I think that will be easy!

Offline Steveboy

• Commercial Member
I cannot believe my petition is still under moderation..

In the meantime Virgin Australia has gone into administration... :thumbsup: tiphat

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-australia-52363428

And let us prey the sleeve bag has to wind his other companies up...Free market economy survival of the fittest .. there will always be someone else ready to step in to the twats shoes!!

https://www.bbc.com/news/business-52354865?SThisFB&fbclid=IwAR2u2ChtfxztdJVr6Pf9_TVbZgNNS694SrVLTf1Wr8Ichcb00qXkXoQaE_4

Offline msmoby

• BANNED
  • BANNED
You don't seem to get it, Steveboy...

I seriously doubt RB will be liable for much of the debt ...  'Trampu' has put businesses into bankruptcy ( ooops, sorry, Chapter 11)  SIX times  - stiffing creditors for MILLIONS - if not Billions in total..

Some folks voted for him, thinking this experience ( 'Good businessman') would make him a great 'leader'...  So..

Branson for PM ? ....

I have never claimed to be a Blue Beret

Spurious claims about 'seeing action' with the Blue Berets are debunked >here<

Here is my Russophobia/Kremlinphobia topic

Offline Steveboy

• Commercial Member

I seriously doubt RB will be liable for much of the debt ...  'Trampu' has put businesses into bankruptcy ( ooops, sorry, Chapter 11)  SIX times  - stiffing creditors for MILLIONS - if not Billions in total..

Some folks voted for him, thinking this experience ( 'Good businessman') would make him a great 'leader'...  So..

Branson for PM ? ....

Of course he will not!! Do you think Im that stupid!! I just want him to loose Virgin Atlantic so it is no longer his.. :laugh:

He is an obnoxious little as swipe who pretends to be a friend of the working class.. some kind of hero like robin hood ..
never liked the dick..

Now he is sending patronising letters to his staff.. He has a f**** big mouth , that pews out a obnoxious smell  :chuckle:

He also went against the will of the people who voted to leave the EU.. BUT now wants those people to bail him out!! The general public are to stupid to make a decision about Europe as he kind of said.. BUT the general public are ok when it comes to a bail out.. :ROFL:

Joke or what!!

Offline Steveboy

• Commercial Member
I don't like the leftist Guardian but they did a good story about Tricky dicky!@!

https://uk.news.yahoo.com/richard-bransons-bailout-plea-proves-145642730.html

Online rosco

• Supporting Member
  • Trips: 10-20

Branson for PM ? ....

Donald Trump lives in your little head, rent free. It must be horrible being Moby.  :snivel:

Offline msmoby

• BANNED
  • BANNED

Donald Trump lives in your little head, rent free. It must be horrible being Moby.  :snivel:

Your daily psychological ASSessments for the day constantly entertain ... Are you sure I'm not living in YOUR head ? ;)

Online rosco

• Supporting Member

Your daily psychological ASSessments for the day constantly entertain ... Are you sure I'm not living in YOUR head ? ;)

I correct your howlers, you just howl about Trump. Knowledge is power. 🤫

Offline msmoby

• BANNED
  • BANNED

I correct your howlers, you just howl about Trump. Knowledge is power. 🤫

You've 'corrected' my howlers on what ?  Forgetting you'd once called me ? :chuckle:

Certainly not on immigration, international qualifications or even Russia ...

As for 'Trampu' or 'Brexit' ... history will show us who called that right !    I'm so glad BoJo was cared for by a Portuguese Nurse .... hopefully she'll have reminded him that more of her kind cannot come, soon ...

Offline msmoby

• BANNED
  • BANNED
looks like there are already a few petitions going..

Well, he's deep 'sixxed' his Aussie avaiation  involvement - leaving Quantas no opposition and offered to put up one of his Caribbean island as collateral - so the guy - unlike 'Trampu' is not  adverse to losing something of his own ...

Offline Steveboy

• Commercial Member
Branson must be the poorest Billionaire on the planet! He actually owns nothing! No trains, no planes, no ships nothing its all on the tick or half owned by other people with more money than himself..

How the hell does a billionaire not have the power to even raise 300 million? What sort of billionaire is that then?

The man is a total clown with some shitty Island in the Caribbean that every now and again gets ripped to pieces by a hurricane..

Offline msmoby

• BANNED
  • BANNED
Steveboy, I can think of a President of the biggest country on earth...

He ( claims to ) owns f'all, too...

Offline Steveboy

• Commercial Member
The USA meaning of a billion is a thousand million, or one followed by nine noughts (1,000,000,000). Increasingly in this country we are using the USA meaning of a billion for these big numbers, and a trillion for the old UK meaning of one followed by twelve noughts.

So a billion is a thousand million.. tricky dicky is apparently worth 4500 Million..

Yet the little twat cannot even get his hands on 300 million cash?? :ROFL:

I see this quiet often in life really and it makes me laugh all the time.. I know so many people who say they have this, say they have that , say they are worth this or that but in reality they actually own jack shit!!

For example you can have a friend who says my house is worth 400K I got a car worth 20K I got all the latest gear, the latest clothes .. so you tell this person some super discount holiday come along and already 4 mates are going its JUST 600 GBP which is nothing .. yet this person does not actually even have 600 quid..spare in his pocket..

It is why I always look on the vast majority of people talk total bullshit about their finances and net worth.. the bottom line is if you have no cash at hand in the bank, under the matteress.. liquid assets with no loan on .. then really you have zilch ...

Offline Wiz

Billionaire Branson wants government support in the pandemic
downturn – and resorted to attention-grabbing tactics to get it

:coffeeread:
Why the sun does not shine on the Ex- British Empire Anymore? Because God never trusted an Englishman in the dark!

Online rosco

• Supporting Member
I'm so glad BoJo was cared for by a Portuguese Nurse .... hopefully she'll have reminded him that more of her kind cannot come, soon ...

Why do you feel the need to constantly lie? Perhaps you’re just stupid, who knows?

Online andrewfi

• Supporting Member
    • Articles About Almost Anything!
Branson and other business people like him have a problem. They cannot (and should not) be expected to afford to pay for the salaries of people who cannot work, in large part, because of restrictions placed by national governments. That's not a normal business risk.

Many people think that the rich have a building akin to Scrooge McDuck's gold vault where piles of money are stored, available for swimming in, spending, burning, whatever. That's not how it is at all.

A sensible person will have his or wealth in large illiquid form as investments. Right now, guess what types of assets are the least liquid? Real estate, stocks, businesses. Branson cannot simply turn up hundreds of millions of pounds. He has offered to pledge his single most valuable (non airline) asset as security for a loan at sensible terms. This seems not unreasonable. He is putting up a personal asset as security for a business loan.

It is worth noting that the airline is not solely owned by Branson. Virgin Atlantic is owned by a holding company owned jointly with Delta Airlines 49%/51% yet Branson is offering to pledge a personal asset for a debt that would be only partly his responsibility.

Some moan that the business should get no help due to the lack of taxes paid in the UK. That's silly. The company is based in the UK and a large number of the employees are British based, British tax payers. The economic argument is that by keeping these people in a job with a (hopefully) viable business following restructuring the costs to the exchequer are less than the cost of a loan that is likely to be repaid.

The underlying question that should be answered though is whether a post Covid-19 world can support all the airlines and infrastructure that were in use before the virus. If the judgement is that it can't then as a matter of policy no assistance should be given, or it should be targeted on the candidates most likely to perform adequately after the virus.
...everything ends always well; if it’s still bad, then it’s not the end!

Offline Steveboy

• Commercial Member
Branson and other business people like him have a problem. They cannot (and should not) be expected to afford to pay for the salaries of people who cannot work, in large part, because of restrictions placed by national governments. That's not a normal business risk.

Many people think that the rich have a building akin to Scrooge McDuck's gold vault where piles of money are stored, available for swimming in, spending, burning, whatever. That's not how it is at all.

A sensible person will have his or wealth in large illiquid form as investments. Right now, guess what types of assets are the least liquid? Real estate, stocks, businesses. Branson cannot simply turn up hundreds of millions of pounds. He has offered to pledge his single most valuable (non airline) asset as security for a loan at sensible terms. This seems not unreasonable. He is putting up a personal asset as security for a business loan.

It is worth noting that the airline is not solely owned by Branson. Virgin Atlantic is owned by a holding company owned jointly with Delta Airlines 49%/51% yet Branson is offering to pledge a personal asset for a debt that would be only partly his responsibility.

Some moan that the business should get no help due to the lack of taxes paid in the UK. That's silly. The company is based in the UK and a large number of the employees are British based, British tax payers. The economic argument is that by keeping these people in a job with a (hopefully) viable business following restructuring the costs to the exchequer are less than the cost of a loan that is likely to be repaid.

The underlying question that should be answered though is whether a post Covid-19 world can support all the airlines and infrastructure that were in use before the virus. If the judgement is that it can't then as a matter of policy no assistance should be given, or it should be targeted on the candidates most likely to perform adequately after the virus.

Yeah but he should sell his assets what ever he has and if that means selling them at rock bottom amounts to fund his other business so be it!! He deserves absolutely jack shit!

I have a friend who run a company for 25 years employed 34 staff.. when things went tits up do you know what the administrators sold his company name and assist for on a quick sale 20k!! Yes 20k all equipment and the company continuing with its name to another company he was doing 3 million a year, about 100k worth of equipment sold an a quick shot sale for jack shit! he also owned the business unit worth 500k that is still for sale! 2 years after..

Branson has plenty of assets he can sell within 48 hours! Anyone can raid cash in a matter of hours.. you sell it for  nothing! Do you know what Joe public has to do if they get short of cash and are not born with a silver spoon in their gob? Take a log book loan out when things get dire and a crazy interest rate on their car.. or go to the pawn shop with their watch..all sorts of things.

He has property? Then put in a quick auction to raise cash so what if he gets just 50% of the value who cares it is not my problem!! And it is not anyone else problem..

I have been there and done the lot many years ago.. and certainly learnt how to never have such a shit business that you cannot get access to reasonable amounts of cash fast.. I have no credit other than a house loan.. I own every thing and have cash in the bank no one owes me and no one ever will..

If you ask me he has a pretty shit business if he does not even own most of it and cannot get his hands on a few hundred million in cash.. over investing is cash is his problem!

He can sell his Island within 24 hours very easy!! Say it is worth 2 billion? then he sells it for 500 million ..job done! There are plenty in the world with available cash IN THE POCKET who would buy at such a discount.. I cannot see why he is not forced to sell Necter Island at 30% of the value to raise some fast cash..what is the problem there.. I can give him 100K within a day :laugh:

Simple as 1-2-3

Online andrewfi

• Supporting Member
    • Articles About Almost Anything!
Steve, if he sells at whatever price he can get right now then he gets, in practical terms nothing - forced sale, low price. Not much money, doesn't do much good.

If the asset is taken as security then if the loan isn't repaid the asset will be sold or used and at a higher price given that it wont be happening in the middle of the biggest pandemic since 1918.

The greatest good is done by maximising the value of the asset - unless you think that the action should be a case of punishing the guy for being wealthy and, I am sure that's not what you really want, is it?
...everything ends always well; if it’s still bad, then it’s not the end!

Offline Steveboy

• Commercial Member
I found the little turds Island

https://www.heart.co.uk/showbiz/celebrities/necker-island-location-worth-richard-branson/

It's just worth 80 million? How the F**** will that stand for collateral for 500 million..??  So looks like he could sell it within 24 hours at a knock down price of say 40 Million?? :laugh:

So just needs another 460 million now.. what else has the twat got to sell?? London property? Cars? Boats ? all can be sold within 24 hours..he could even sell hi wife..

Offline Steveboy

• Commercial Member
Steve, if he sells at whatever price he can get right now then he gets, in practical terms nothing - forced sale, low price. Not much money, doesn't do much good.

If the asset is taken as security then if the loan isn't repaid the asset will be sold or used and at a higher price given that it wont be happening in the middle of the biggest pandemic since 1918.

The greatest good is done by maximising the value of the asset - unless you think that the action should be a case of punishing the guy for being wealthy and, I am sure that's not what you really want, is it?

Steve, if he sells at whatever price he can get right now then he gets, in practical terms nothing - forced sale, low price. Not much money, doesn't do much good. This happens every single day of the year to thousands of ordinary people , they get nothing.. it is life!! He should of run his company better then..millions and millions of people have had to nearly give away assets to pay the bills..

Normal people do not get such deals Ever!

Punishing him for being rich? Noooooo I have nothing against making money or anyone making money and I have nothing against rich people we all want to make money.. nothing wrong there.. that is not the issue.. BUT I do have a problem with rich people like Branson who has a huge mouth!! So big he even tried to overturn the public vote to leave the EU this is much much much more important to me about the guy, a guy who generally thinks the general public are to stupid to make a decision about leaving the EU..

The guy is a total onanist..

Myself I have very strong principles and would never in my life do on to others what I would not expect myself.. But Branson it works like this

You decide to buy a nice place in Estonia and it is just going through with the estate agent.. I step in and say Hell Andrew what are you doing buying a place in Estonia!! You cannot do this I do not think it is a good idea! You should buy a place in the UK Im telling you now what you should be doing.. then whilst you are sleeping I call your estate agent and try to stop the sale, I tell them sorry my friend Andrew has gone a bit funny recently and has no idea what he is doing. and so on and so on..

Then guess what? One month later my business goes down the pan and I call you up and say "hey Andrew could you lend me 100K"

I think I know your answer..

It is no different with Branson.. the slime bag..

Online AvHdB

• Spouses Country: Ukraine, Kiev
While I may be mistaken, Necker Island owned in some Virgin company (R. Branson) is a very expensive resort. Sailed by it three? years ago, my thought after someone told me about it, big deal. I suspect the resort hotel/inn on St. Peters also in the British Virgin Islands is twice as nice.

But in fact I could care less, not my thing.
“If you aren't in over your head, how do you know how tall you are?” T.S. Eliot

Registration