The World's #1 Russian, Ukrainian & Eastern European Discussion & Information Forum - RUA!

This Is the Premier Discussion Forum on the Net for Information and Discussion about Russia, Ukraine, Eastern Europe and the Former Soviet Union. Discuss Culture, Politics, Travelling, Language, International Relationships and More. Chat with Travellers, Locals, Residents and Expats. Ask and Answer Questions about Travel, Culture, Relationships, Applying for Visas, Translators, Interpreters, and More. Give Advice, Read Trip Reports, Share Experiences and Make Friends.

Author Topic: How is your country going to look post-Coronavirus?  (Read 3102 times)

Offline d672

• Supporting Member
  • Trips: 5-10
How is your country going to look post-Coronavirus?
« on: April 01, 2020, 07:30:51 PM »

It's April 1st and the big topic on the news the last couple days has been how are people going to pay their rent at the start of the month. Here in Canada it's only been about 3 weeks that the virus has shut things down and already a major percent of the population are beginning to get into financial trouble. It sure shows how many people here are living from paycheck to paycheck! The govt says no one can be evicted while this crisis is going on and are telling tenants and landlords to make arrangements for paying later. But eventually those deferred payments are going to have to be paid, making it very hard to catch up. A very large number of people are not going to have any extra money to spend for a long time, and many will get pushed down to poverty level.

Then there is the businesses, there's a fear that many won't survive the crisis, maybe even up to half of them.

https://edmontonjournal.com/business/local-business/covid-19-chamber-survey-march-31/?utm_term=Autofeed&utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Facebook&fbclid=IwAR3PVfG0XsANJuob2ANhcam2oV1v_JYY813B28tbDP3fVo8dy_9CfdwHo5g#Echobox=1585779963

Three per cent of businesses have shut their doors for good because of the COVID-19 pandemic, and 47 per cent believe they will have to in the future, according to the latest survey by the Edmonton Chamber of Commerce.

All this in such a short period of time. it feels like our economy has been a fragile house of cards that just got blown over with no effort. It will probably take years to recoup if things stay like this for a few more months like they predict.

So how is it where everyone else here lives? Is the virus affecting your country this bad too? Or is Canada one of the only countries in big trouble?

Offline BillyB

• Trips: 10-20
Re: How is your country going to look post-Coronavirus?
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2020, 08:01:53 PM »
is Canada one of the only countries in big trouble?

Canada is the only country in big trouble. The rest of us is just pretending that we have trouble so you won't feel alone.

Don't worry, you will get to experience Communism at it's finest. Government will take care of the people and everybody will be equal, equally poor.
Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776. If you want to stop the war in Ukraine, fix elections, stop medical tyranny and forced vaccinations, lower inflation and make America and the world a better place, get Trump back into power. The Democrats and Republicans have shown they can't do the job. They are good at robbing us and getting people killed in non stop wars.

Offline d672

• Supporting Member
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2020, 08:44:20 PM »
 You might not be too far off! And imagine where you guys would be right now if Hillary got in and Trump never had the chance to turn your country around. You'd be in the same boat!  :)

Offline cufflinks

• Supporting Member
  • Trips: 1-5
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2020, 05:55:53 AM »
Just saw PBS broadcast of BBC World news... BBC is a globalist MSM proaganda leader but with a Global perspective.

One word comes to mind GRIM

USA Roosevelt Nuclear Powered Nuclear Armed Aircraft Carrier has been quarantined in Guam with 100 infected and 1000 crew moved to quarantine on shore good news they are young and Guam is Tropical so with a good disinfecting and a few weeks in Guam we might be able to reactivate the ship in our new BBC biowar.

Most of the USA now under stay at home orders with WHO and CDC retards finally saying face masks likely MORE effective than social isolation requiring the complete shutdown of the US economy for several months by the looks of things which may bankrupt 50% of US small businesses.  A friend is an Amazon seller who specializes in used books who ironically has seen his demand spike due to stay at home orders people now reading more books.

USA announced that the strategic supply of HCW PPE supplies nearly exhausted..  Putin sent a large plane full of PPE and ventilators to NYC... Time to end sanctions on Russia over Crimea.

One NYC MD treating Covid patients at the risk if their own lives warned that Cities with only 300 cases today will be as bad as NYC tomorrow.  With the criminal lack of PPE and med gear and insane dependence on evil CCP supply chains looks like USA about to make Italy, Spain and UK Social Justice states look well managed by comparison.

This criminal state of affairs in the USA will have severe repercussions for Globalist traitors.

Dr. Anthony Fauci this morning on the Today show that the USA is ramping up with infection curves similar to Italy.  Dr. Fauci has had to increase security due to death threats.

Perplexed by why some people have mild symptoms and others suffer rapid deterioration into double viral pneumonia.  Dr. Fauci said we will need natural history studies to deep dive for reasons why.

BBC tour of the world including Dante's Inferno of Viral death surges still in Europe, Lebanese Refugee camps and worst Africa a burgeoning disaster of biblical proportions.

Even President Trump's upbeat positive Billionaire spirit has turned very somber at the realization that we are likely to lose 200K people due to Covid.

New Hampshire, Boston and New England weather defined by April showers for the next week cleaning pollen out of the air in the process.  Stay safe.

Offline msmoby

• BANNED
  • BANNED
  • Spouses Country: Russia
  • Trips: 20+
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2020, 06:58:15 AM »
Just saw PBS broadcast of BBC World news... BBC is a globalist MSM proaganda leader but with a Global perspective.

One word comes to mind GRIM

USA Roosevelt Nuclear Powered Nuclear Armed Aircraft Carrier has been quarantined in Guam with 100 infected and 1000 crew moved to quarantine on shore good news they are young and Guam is Tropical so with a good disinfecting and a few weeks in Guam we might be able to reactivate the ship in our new BBC biowar.

Most of the USA now under stay at home orders with WHO and CDC retards finally saying face masks likely MORE effective than social isolation requiring the complete shutdown of the US economy for several months by the looks of things which may bankrupt 50% of US small businesses.  A friend is an Amazon seller who specializes in used books who ironically has seen his demand spike due to stay at home orders people now reading more books.

USA announced that the strategic supply of HCW PPE supplies nearly exhausted..  Putin sent a large plane full of PPE and ventilators to NYC... Time to end sanctions on Russia over Crimea.

One NYC MD treating Covid patients at the risk if their own lives warned that Cities with only 300 cases today will be as bad as NYC tomorrow.  With the criminal lack of PPE and med gear and insane dependence on evil CCP supply chains looks like USA about to make Italy, Spain and UK Social Justice states look well managed by comparison.

This criminal state of affairs in the USA will have severe repercussions for Globalist traitors.

Dr. Anthony Fauci this morning on the Today show that the USA is ramping up with infection curves similar to Italy.  Dr. Fauci has had to increase security due to death threats.

Perplexed by why some people have mild symptoms and others suffer rapid deterioration into double viral pneumonia.  Dr. Fauci said we will need natural history studies to deep dive for reasons why.

BBC tour of the world including Dante's Inferno of Viral death surges still in Europe, Lebanese Refugee camps and worst Africa a burgeoning disaster of biblical proportions.

Even President Trump's upbeat positive Billionaire spirit has turned very somber at the realization that we are likely to lose 200K people due to Covid.

New Hampshire, Boston and New England weather defined by April showers for the next week cleaning pollen out of the air in the process.  Stay safe.

Hmm, 'missed' anything there that remotely supports your 'MSM propaganda' stance ..

The BBC is reporting the news and even daring to report testing pledges re NHS staff in the UK aren't being met ...

I have never claimed to be a Blue Beret

Spurious claims about 'seeing action' with the Blue Berets are debunked >here<

Here is my Russophobia/Kremlinphobia topic

Offline cufflinks

• Supporting Member
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2020, 07:32:17 AM »
More bad news... reports this morning the USA had 6.6 Million new unemployment filings this week.

The reality is palpable...

Online Texan77

« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2020, 11:51:35 AM »
Here in the USA without government bails outs we would lose our entire group of retailers with except of three stores. We would be down to very few airlines. I am not sure that Boeing can survive without help. We would have the same problem with our population as 60 per cent of the country lives pay check to pay check. Part of why I am doing good here is part of my tenant are on ssi as I went to retires a few years back but I still have some workers. Workers get extra money of 600 dollars a week it they lose a job. Employers are also getting paid to keep works on at full salary.  This will likely be inflationary.

They are talking about not letting any oil imports into the USA for 90 days and extend it as long as prices reman low.

After all of the governments bailouts and when the dust settles in about one year it am not sure just what we will have. They are saying that it will likely be one years before airlines flights can be started back. Remember when we get control of the virus it will still come back any time we let our guard down. I am concern that people buying habits will change. It maybe the ends of malls at least the way they are now.

This week a plane from a US sports team landed in China to pick up one million n-95 mask. The Chinese would not let any one off the plane and the plane had to be gone in three hours. The mask had to be loaded by ground crew who did not come in contact with any body on the plane. They maybe back to work but it is not back to normal in China. We are going to have that problem here also.

3) There has been no "threat" to invade Ukraine. The US invented that and fed it to a complicit media.

Offline Manny

« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2020, 04:21:31 PM »
The worst of the virus situation will have passed like a Mexican wave within a few months, but that still leaves the question what will our countries look like? Or more specifically, what will our societies look like?

The economy will recover.

More notable will be the social changes. We understand now that this virus will not be the last virus. China is obsessed with obscure products from the animal kingdom. Rats, bats, dogs, pangolins, mice, snakes, tigers penises. It’s not mainstream, but it’s there.

Eating weird things is a thing in China. Much of it is a factor in Chinese medicine. The coronavirus will not be the last one. Rather it is the first (actually about the fifth) of many.

Masks, hand sanitising and social distancing will become the norm to some degree.

I remember reading in one of his books that Donald Trump describes himself as a germophobe. I’m with him on that. I’ve always been a little bit that way inclined. I had a stock of hand sanitiser already, because I always put a few on the shopping list and I ended up with half a cupboard full. I routinely took it to restaurants and wherever I go, and always have a couple of small bottles in my car or wherever I am. If I used an ATM for example, I would sanitise my hands when I got back in the car. 1000+ people fingered those ATM buttons since they were last cleaned (if ever).  :sick0012:

That was pretty unusual here, but not now. People used to think I was a little bit eccentric, but not anymore.

Similarly with masks. I started to use them on planes a few years ago when flying to Asia (I have avoided the post long haul sore throat that way). They are pretty normal in Asia but quite unusual in Europe. I started using them on European flights too. I think that will become more normal.

Social distancing and hygiene generally: I spent a couple of decades visiting an old school sandwich shop where they would make your sandwiches then handle your money with the same unwashed bare hands. I don’t recall being sick from there, but in hindsight I probably was a week later a few times.

I think practices like that are now suddenly a relic of the past and will become unthinkable. We are thinking about that stuff now. When I next go there I bet those women are wearing gloves and different people are handling the cash. Probably as it always should have been.

I remember when I first went to China and I went to the hotel breakfast bar in the morning. The guy at the omelette station was not only wearing a surgical mask he was wearing a plastic spit guard. Back then I thought that was overkill. You would never see that in England. Nowadays I would applaud that level of hygiene.

Our societies will change in these ways. There will be more gloves, masks, sanitiser and hygiene. We will think more about being in prolonged close contact with others such as for example on a Metro train. We will think more after we touch ATM machines, doorhandles, escalators, etc. We will wash our hands more often.
Read a trip report from North Korea >>here<< - Read a trip report from South Korea, China and Hong Kong >>here<<

Look what the American media makes some people believe:
Putin often threatens to strike US with nuclear weapons.

Offline Lord of the Dance

• Supporting Hero Member
  • Trips: None Yet
« Reply #8 on: April 02, 2020, 04:45:36 PM »
Oh come on Manny, you don't enjoy a good tiger penis once in a while? :laugh: What's the matter with those people.

I think you're definitely right, there's no going back after this scare. And that's probably a good thing in terms of businesses and the public at large stepping up the game on sanitization. But I do wish the all-out media panic would stop, it's helping no one.
"My soul cries out with a joyful shout that the God of my heart is great, and my spirit sings of the wondrous things that you bring to the ones who wait." - Canticle of the Turning

Offline cufflinks

• Supporting Member
« Reply #9 on: April 02, 2020, 04:57:45 PM »
Oh come on Manny, you don't enjoy a good tiger penis once in a while? :laugh: What's the matter with those people.

I think you're definitely right, there's no going back after this scare. And that's probably a good thing in terms of businesses and the public at large stepping up the game on sanitization. But I do wish the all-out media panic would stop, it's helping no one.

It helps their bloody MSM ratings though...

Offline Manny

« Reply #10 on: April 02, 2020, 05:07:08 PM »

The tiger penis reference comes from a book I read by the late drug dealer Howard Marks about his escapades in Hong Kong.

Here is the relevant section: https://tinyurl.com/vt7rh4b

Having read his book, when I first went to Hong Kong I wanted to experience the things he referenced. I did the longest escalator in the world, the tram up the peak, looked at Jervois St and around Wan Chai, I did the Star Ferry over to Tsim Sha Tsui, I avoided The Aberdeen floating restaurant (Not sure if tigers penis is still on the menu) because it is a rip-off and not value for money (says TripAdvisor).

He wrote so emotively about Hong Kong it made me want to visit. When I did I went back again. And again.
Read a trip report from North Korea >>here<< - Read a trip report from South Korea, China and Hong Kong >>here<<

Offline msmoby

• BANNED
  • BANNED
« Reply #11 on: April 03, 2020, 12:04:23 AM »

Similarly with masks. I started to use them on planes a few years ago when flying to Asia (I have avoided the post long haul sore throat that way).

Unless you had a control in the form of an identical clone, I think we can reserve judgement on that assertion ..

They are pretty normal in Asia but quite unusual in Europe. I started using them on European flights too. I think that will become more normal.

Said the guy importing loads of masks .. 

Social distancing and hygiene generally: I spent a couple of decades visiting an old school sandwich shop where they would make your sandwiches then handle your money with the same unwashed bare hands. I don't recall being sick from there, but in hindsight I probably was a week later a few times.

The wearing of gloves to prepare food and not touching money makes sense ... There'll be a further move away from cash and more card transactions

Our societies will change in these ways. There will be more gloves, masks, sanitiser and hygiene. We will think more about being in prolonged close contact with others such as for example on a Metro train. We will think more after we touch ATM machines, doorhandles, escalators, etc. We will wash our hands more often.

*I* think you might, but I'll willing to bet ( mostly) single guys will court women and not insist on full sanitary  practice in the same way they'll go bareback ... and not check for STIs

Offline Manny

« Reply #12 on: April 03, 2020, 12:13:21 AM »
*I* think you might, but I'll willing to bet ( mostly) single guys will court women and not insist on full sanitary  practice in the same way they'll go bareback ... and not check for STIs

The foregoing doesn’t apply to the underclass. They’ll still eat chips with dirty fingers and catch Chlamydia by fornicating under the influence of Stella.

Offline NS1

• Supporting Member
« Reply #13 on: April 03, 2020, 04:45:21 AM »
Funny how it only takes a couple of posts to get off topic.

Reality is, economically things will look much different when this is over.
Really small business will have a hard time being shut down 2-3 months.
Same as restaurants which typically have very tight margins.

Our world will look different and far more will not exist when this is over.
than many people think.
If you look around you, odds are you know a few of these yourself.

Another reality, how many people will go bankrupt with this.
People who living on the edge, the government help will not be enough.
Government help does not get rid of debt. Deferring payments etc only
increase debt when this is over.

Then governments themselves are not going come out of this pretty.
Amount given away, amount lost in taxes of monies not being spent or people
not working. Amounts lost to lower GDP

All of these will be big and even if our lives start to go back to ( new Normal)
in a few months, it could take years for many to recover from this.
There is nothing permanent except change.

Online rosco

• Supporting Member
« Reply #14 on: April 03, 2020, 04:58:08 AM »
The foregoing doesn’t apply to the underclass. They’ll still eat chips with dirty fingers and catch Chlamydia by fornicating under the influence of Stella.

Cheers for the chuckle Manny, that got the shoulders going.  ;D

Offline Dogsoldier

• Supporting Member
  • Spouses Country: Україна
« Reply #15 on: April 03, 2020, 05:30:17 AM »

Can they even afford Stella?

Offline Manny

« Reply #16 on: April 03, 2020, 07:52:24 AM »

They all drink some Polish beer now, I think it's called Letch or something.

A casual bloke who does some work for me tells me "nobody listens to Boris" and he is going to a barbie tonight with 20 odd of his closest friends.  :'(

Offline Steveboy

• Commercial Member
  • Trips: Resident
I support no government anywhere, ever, never. No institution, No religion!!

Offline Dogsoldier

• Supporting Member
  • Spouses Country: Україна
« Reply #18 on: April 03, 2020, 08:35:18 AM »

They all drink some Polish beer now, I think it's called Letch or something.

A casual bloke who does some work for me tells me "nobody listens to Boris" and he is going to a barbie tonight with 20 odd of his closest friends.  :'(
Shop the b******ds.

Offline BillyB

« Reply #19 on: April 03, 2020, 09:24:49 AM »
Looks like it maybe all good for Russia..

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2020-03-31/putin-s-economic-isolation-suddenly-doesn-t-look-so-bad?fbclid=IwAR32-RBwO6-Awpdi9uLErM95cWU9VoSASC9HbWSN8rGy8Doz3-Nel_VMox0

Finance Minister Anton Siluanov said last year that Russia has enough reserves to allow it to survive without borrowing for at least a year.

That was said last year without the knowledge they'd be facing a major crisis from a virus that will hit the economy hard. Who is Russia planning to borrow from? USA? We also have controlling shares of the World Bank and IMF because we have the most money to loan.
Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776. If you want to stop the war in Ukraine, fix elections, stop medical tyranny and forced vaccinations, lower inflation and make America and the world a better place, get Trump back into power. The Democrats and Republicans have shown they can't do the job. They are good at robbing us and getting people killed in non stop wars.

Online Texan77

« Reply #20 on: April 03, 2020, 09:47:30 AM »
The last I looked the Russian Ruble was not doing so good. It does not seem like everyone agrees that Russia in in such good shape. I surely do not want to brag about how great things are here in the West at this time. If Russia can hold out for a year after that then what?
3) There has been no "threat" to invade Ukraine. The US invented that and fed it to a complicit media.

Offline Steveboy

• Commercial Member
« Reply #21 on: April 03, 2020, 09:48:57 AM »
Looks like it maybe all good for Russia..

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2020-03-31/putin-s-economic-isolation-suddenly-doesn-t-look-so-bad?fbclid=IwAR32-RBwO6-Awpdi9uLErM95cWU9VoSASC9HbWSN8rGy8Doz3-Nel_VMox0

Finance Minister Anton Siluanov said last year that Russia has enough reserves to allow it to survive without borrowing for at least a year.

That was said last year without the knowledge they'd be facing a major crisis from a virus that will hit the economy hard. Who is Russia planning to borrow from? USA? We also have controlling shares of the World Bank and IMF because we have the most money to loan.

Every thing will come out in the wash over the next 18 months.. I don't really care what happens as long as I'm ok.. I only have one hope and dream from all of this and that is the end of the EU.. nothing will I've me more pleasure than watching the EU disintegrate .. Im even happy to attend church and prey for the occasion..Praise the lord I hope he answers my preyers..

Offline msmoby

• BANNED
  • BANNED
« Reply #22 on: April 03, 2020, 09:50:21 AM »

and you'll STILL employ such an amoeba ? ..

Offline Steveboy

• Commercial Member
« Reply #23 on: April 03, 2020, 09:52:18 AM »
The last I looked the Russian Ruble was not doing so good. It does not seem like everyone agrees that Russia in in such good shape. I surely do not want to brag about how great things are here in the West at this time. If Russia can hold out for a year after that then what?

Nothing looked very good after WW1 and WW2 nothing will look good after virus mk1 and virus mk2 Nothing was good when a rock hit Mexico and tipped half the dinosaurs out.. nothing was good when mount Vesuvius blew its top.. try asking pleny the elder about the Roman currency at the time..

Every thing in life always resolves its self over time.. the only time it will not is when the sun goes supernova..

Mike the most of your life while you can and enjoy your existence is what I say..

Offline BillyB

« Reply #24 on: April 03, 2020, 10:07:57 AM »
I only have one hope and dream from all of this and that is the end of the EU.. nothing will I've me more pleasure than watching the EU disintegrate .. Im even happy to attend church and prey for the occasion..Praise the lord I hope he answers my preyers..

The world had a decent economy during WWI although the Spanish Flu was preventing people from going out and working. WWII was an economic cure after the Great Depression. When war happens, people are working and progress is made as long as a nation isn't getting pulverized. If this virus lasts for years, economies will get destroyed, people are going to get upset and some nations are going to get weak. Some nations will be healthier than others. There will be temptation, arms sales will go up, and cartographers will get busy.

Registration