The World's #1 Russian, Ukrainian & Eastern European Discussion & Information Forum - RUA!

This Is the Premier Discussion Forum on the Net for Information and Discussion about Russia, Ukraine, Eastern Europe and the Former Soviet Union. Discuss Culture, Politics, Travelling, Language, International Relationships and More. Chat with Travellers, Locals, Residents and Expats. Ask and Answer Questions about Travel, Culture, Relationships, Applying for Visas, Translators, Interpreters, and More. Give Advice, Read Trip Reports, Share Experiences and Make Friends.

Author Topic: Has the Coronavirus Affected Your Travel Plans?  (Read 6461 times)

Offline msmoby

• BANNED
  • BANNED
  • Spouses Country: Russia
  • Trips: 20+
Re: Has the Coronavirus Affected Your Travel Plans?
« Reply #50 on: March 17, 2020, 10:06:17 PM »
Silly BillyB and Cornfed

I would have been v.happy to self-isolate with SC for 14 days.. :chuckle:

However, things have moved on and she will fly to RU as her exiting health insurance cannot be extended beyond the end of the month and I cannot obtain cover as the UK has " taken the decision to advise British nationals against all non-essential international travel" 

https://www.gov.uk/government/news/travel-advice-foreign-secreatary-statement-17-march-2020

I have never claimed to be a Blue Beret

Spurious claims about 'seeing action' with the Blue Berets are debunked >here<

Here is my Russophobia/Kremlinphobia topic

Online Markje

• MCMLXXIV
    • Mark's unix pages
  • Spouses Country: Crimea
« Reply #51 on: March 18, 2020, 01:34:49 AM »

I will spend some time with her in the next few days ...   unless TH suddenly refuses tourists
Better Hurry, Schiphol airport is shutting down terminals already because no plane flies anymore.
OO===[][]===OO
My first trip to my wife: To Evpatoria!
My road trip to Crimea: Roadtrip to Evpatoria

Offline msmoby

• BANNED
  • BANNED
« Reply #52 on: March 18, 2020, 01:47:11 AM »

Better Hurry, Schiphol airport is shutting down terminals already because no plane flies anymore.

Too late (

SC is going back to the Rodina

We CAN meet in Cyprus - as we are resident there ..   but I lost my health cover in Thailand,  the moment our Foreign office advised ' not to travel abroad for non essential purposes'

Offline Steveboy

• Commercial Member
  • Trips: Resident
« Reply #53 on: March 18, 2020, 02:33:51 AM »
Silly BillyB and Cornfed

I would have been v.happy to self-isolate with SC for 14 days.. :chuckle:

However, things have moved on and she will fly to RU as her exiting health insurance cannot be extended beyond the end of the month and I cannot obtain cover as the UK has " taken the decision to advise British nationals against all non-essential international travel" 

https://www.gov.uk/government/news/travel-advice-foreign-secreatary-statement-17-march-2020

14 days will NOT help you!!! You can sit for 14 days in a cave.. but you only need to step outside and touch something and you will have it..

You only really have 2 options isolate for 3/4 months min if you think you have any health problems or just wait for it to come to you, if your fit and healthy you live and become immune .. choice is yours..

No graphs, no excuses, no loopholes, nothing can save you other than yourself.. even the :Cheltenham for Europe" or "Stroud for Europe" will not be able to help you , they will probably be culled 50% by end of the summer...

Life is a bitch!

I support no government anywhere, ever, never. No institution, No religion!!

Offline msmoby

• BANNED
  • BANNED
« Reply #54 on: March 18, 2020, 03:52:48 AM »

14 days will NOT help you!!! You can sit for 14 days in a cave.. but you only need to step outside and touch something and you will have it..

If you are Manny, you can wear gloves and masks, soak everything you've bought in Milton and you'll be fine ;)

You only really have 2 options isolate for 3/4 months min if you think you have any health problems or just wait for it to come to you, if your fit and healthy you live and become immune .. choice is yours..

?

China is apparently coming out the other side, but I'm not sure how long that'll last ... but good to note ..

No graphs, no excuses, no loopholes, nothing can save you other than yourself.. even the :Cheltenham for Europe" or "Stroud for Europe" will not be able to help you , they will probably be culled 50% by end of the summer...

Life is a bitch!

Steveboy, as more people who wanted to remain and will push to rejoin are younger....may be the virus is a conspiracy by the EU ...to 'cull' leave supporters?   :coffeeread:

Online AvHdB

• Spouses Country: Ukraine, Kiev
« Reply #55 on: March 18, 2020, 05:57:48 AM »
My daughter has returned to UK and is now determining whether to go back to Uni or head north to her mother.
“If you aren't in over your head, how do you know how tall you are?” T.S. Eliot

Online andrewfi

• Supporting Member
    • Articles About Almost Anything!
« Reply #56 on: March 18, 2020, 06:46:14 AM »
Probably best for her to go to university. Everything she needs is there, as well as her education and if they close early she will be able to travel back to her mum's place.

As for Mystic, and many others, there are valid reasons to want to get infected with Covid-19 as soon as possible. The problem is that getting infected is still not easy with only around 50,000 cases in the whole of the UK, you'll be wandering around like a latter-day Typhoid Mary giving the gift of Corona to all and sundry and that's not right or responsible.

Although the government has been holding back from using the words 'herd immunity' it is the inevitable result of following their strategy and is almost certainly better than setting the country up for a cycle of epidemics that will last until a vaccine has been created, tested and used on around 60% of the population.
...everything ends always well; if it’s still bad, then it’s not the end!

Offline Steveboy

• Commercial Member
« Reply #57 on: March 18, 2020, 07:00:33 AM »
My sister was in Tesco and apparently they are rationing the food, people are threatening the staff and the staff are calling on load speakers for calm..

Two weeks to go before the fighting starts..

Offline Chris

• Spouses Country: Chernivtsi, Ukraine
« Reply #58 on: March 18, 2020, 07:17:43 AM »
My daughter has returned to UK and is now determining whether to go back to Uni or head north to her mother.

My daughters University has stopped all classroom teaching of all forms and is endeavouring to provide teaching by alternative means eg skyping in etc, also some of their core activities are being handled differently.
Слава Україні

Offline msmoby

• BANNED
  • BANNED
« Reply #59 on: March 18, 2020, 05:11:42 PM »
My sister was in Tesco and apparently they are rationing the food, people are threatening the staff and the staff are calling on load speakers for calm..

Two weeks to go before the fighting starts..

In 'Manny's' nearest corner corner shop Tesco, the shelves are being cleared of pet-food, bleaches, pasta, bread in an instant after the shelves are stocked ..   What IS amusing is that the E.European food area was stacked and Polish noodles, Tomato 'Bolognese ' sauce are readily available.. Most shoppers are too thick to realise ..

Certainly not seen anarchic scenes, yet !..

Waiting for online deliveries is an issue and grocers keep reminding the public that demand is the issue ..not the supply chain ..

Offline msmoby

• BANNED
  • BANNED
« Reply #60 on: March 18, 2020, 05:22:09 PM »

My daughters University has stopped all classroom teaching of all forms and is endeavouring to provide teaching by alternative means eg skyping in etc, also some of their core activities are being handled differently.

I've been using Google Meet for some time, when arranging online meetings with Georgia, Russia, UK and even China ..

It's FAR better than Skype for 3 or more people .. but I've not used Skype's biz version ..

It's free to educational users, but there's a monthly fee for biz use ... well worth paying ...   

Heard on BBC R5 live about WhatsApp having a boom time re the creation of groups re expertise ( Doctors, etc ..sharing experiences)

We'll probably all be experts in video conferencing, soon

Online rosco

• Supporting Member
  • Trips: 10-20
« Reply #61 on: March 19, 2020, 06:07:34 AM »
SillyBllyB,

Why do you feel the need to be SO inattentive ?

As of now I can go to Russia ..not via Moscow and do not need to self-isolate ..

As of now, I can go to Thailand and not self-isolate

As of now, SC can come to France, Germany, Belgium .. no need to self-isolate

SC is going to go to the Rodina...

Too late (

We CAN meet in Cyprus - as we are resident there ..   but I lost my health cover in Thailand,  the moment our Foreign office advised ' not to travel abroad for non essential purposes'

Busted again Moby!

I genuinely hope you manage to sort something out but I can't help but laugh at smug plonkers getting found out in public.

:popcorn:

Offline Steveboy

• Commercial Member
« Reply #62 on: March 19, 2020, 06:14:01 AM »
SillyBllyB,

Why do you feel the need to be SO inattentive ?

As of now I can go to Russia ..not via Moscow and do not need to self-isolate ..

As of now, I can go to Thailand and not self-isolate

As of now, SC can come to France, Germany, Belgium .. no need to self-isolate

SC is going to go to the Rodina...

Too late (

Busted again Moby!

I genuinely hope you manage to sort something out but I can't help but laugh at smug plonkers getting found out in public.

:popcorn:

Your not going to be hearing to much from Moby as Im not sure he will have internet where ever he decides to hide.. but Im sure after it is all over some one will find him hiding away with his grandmothers jewelry box ready to exchange them for shelter.. :laugh:

Online AvHdB

• Spouses Country: Ukraine, Kiev
« Reply #63 on: March 19, 2020, 06:23:53 AM »

My daughter has returned to the North. Working as an intern on line and doing Uni stuff.

One does learn about the character of others when they are stressed. It can be quite informative as well as amusing.
“If you aren't in over your head, how do you know how tall you are?” T.S. Eliot

Offline msmoby

• BANNED
  • BANNED
« Reply #64 on: March 19, 2020, 07:05:12 AM »
So, you are still using restaurants, BillyB..

?!

After all this 'research' you keep posting..

Seems that you didn't figure out that social gatherings are not recommended, or why..

Offline BillyB

« Reply #65 on: March 19, 2020, 05:10:22 PM »
So, you are still using restaurants, BillyB..

Governments shut down restaurants except those that have a drive through, take out, or deliver. Some shut down completely but others I can walk in and take out food.

Seems that you didn't figure out that social gatherings are not recommended, or why..

You've been without your wife for over a month and a half and you think you're smarter than the rest of the married men here?
Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776. If you want to stop the war in Ukraine, fix elections, stop medical tyranny and forced vaccinations, lower inflation and make America and the world a better place, get Trump back into power. The Democrats and Republicans have shown they can't do the job. They are good at robbing us and getting people killed in non stop wars.

Offline Steveboy

• Commercial Member
« Reply #66 on: March 19, 2020, 05:14:53 PM »
I think a blood bath is coming to the USA 10 times bigger than Europe.. best get ready, get fit and healthy and prepare for war..

Offline d672

• Supporting Member
  • Trips: 5-10
« Reply #67 on: March 19, 2020, 05:54:44 PM »
 I think they already are preparing Steveboy

Gotta protect that toilet paper somehow!  :laugh:

Offline msmoby

• BANNED
  • BANNED
« Reply #68 on: March 19, 2020, 09:38:02 PM »

Busted again Moby!

Hmm, my original response must have been deemed 'inappropriate '  :chuckle:

Online rosco

• Supporting Member
« Reply #69 on: March 20, 2020, 03:58:33 AM »

Busted again Moby!

Hmm, my original response must have been deemed 'inappropriate '  :chuckle:

I gather that the majority of your posts aren't fit for human consumption. Perhaps you should alter your style and behave like an adult if you want to sit at the table with the big boys.

Offline MBS01

• Spouses Country: Ukraine
« Reply #70 on: March 21, 2020, 05:28:54 AM »
Things are quiet here too.  Everything is closed except for essentials like food and health.  So far schools only closed to the beginning of April, but already churches are closed likely even for Easter.  So no idea for how long.  Last night the border between Canada and the USA closed except for the movement of commercial traffic as we continue as each other's major business partner.

As to travel we were planning something later and not sure what will happen.  At least the airline is allowing free rebooking for those about to travel so will have to wait until it is closer to travel time and see what happens.  Anyway all rail and air travel into or out of Ukraine has been halted.  So far only 2 people reported sick that we have heard of there.  Not sure if this is for the whole country or just Dnipro.

So like many others wee wait and see.

Online Texan77

« Reply #71 on: March 21, 2020, 09:06:33 AM »
As of Yesterday Ukraine had 41 confirmed  cases and no deaths. They just bought 2 million more test kits from China.  They just also increased salaries for all health care workers that will work with covid-19 patients by three times. Ukraine has a very old population mean age. They know they do not have enough hospitals and no way they can afford to fight the virus. They are trying to stay in front of it and not be like western nations or like China. In Ukraine they often close schools and practices some social distancing to fight flu.  They are really better at this than the west. When I was there February 27 to March 5 my girl  already would not get into a cab or a bus.  Hand sanitation every few minutes. There was no reported cases in Ukraine when I arrive and the first case  was found when I was there.  Much like Wiz talking about his wife fighting the virus this seemed to be a cultural norm to her something she has done often. I really feel Russia and Ukraine will do better than the west or what China did at controlling this virus.   
3) There has been no "threat" to invade Ukraine. The US invented that and fed it to a complicit media.

Online Texan77

« Reply #72 on: March 21, 2020, 09:50:58 AM »
I think a blood bath is coming to the USA 10 times bigger than Europe.. best get ready, get fit and healthy and prepare for war..

As far as I can tell we seemed to be on about the same path. But also remember that the USA is a large country and there will be parts that will do poorly and there will be parts of it that are not so bad. So far it seems like big cities maybe the hardest hit. New York is turning into the next big hot spot.

The USA is adding far more hospital beds than the Chinese did with there new hospitals. We are deploring two hospital ships, converting empty buildings into hospitals for the virus, deploying a number of 500 bed field hospitals, and renting hotel rooms to be used as hospital rooms. All none emergency cases or surgeries are being throw out of the hospitals. What is limiting our ability to expand it a number of medical professions. The are deploying all armed forces medical staff, asking any body retired who is able body to please come back to work. They are letting some medical staff that would finishing school this spring to work before they would graduate. They are ordering ventilators and fast as they can be made.  Testing is a little late but the first free testing drive thru sight has opened in the Houston area with more sites coming. There are three other sites already in operation where you need a prescription or be a medical professional to get tested. It is all expected to not be enough.

Now Steve boy, what have they done in Europe that makes them so much better off?

Steveboy it is just nothing short of cruel of you to wish so many deaths of people you do not even know.
3) There has been no "threat" to invade Ukraine. The US invented that and fed it to a complicit media.

Offline BillyB

« Reply #73 on: March 21, 2020, 09:59:31 AM »
As of Yesterday Ukraine had 41 confirmed  cases and no deaths.

Ukraine reports a total of 3 deaths. Timeline below

https://www.Kievpost.com/ukraine-politics/timeline-of-ukraines-response-to-coronavirus-outbreak.html?cn-reloaded=1
Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776. If you want to stop the war in Ukraine, fix elections, stop medical tyranny and forced vaccinations, lower inflation and make America and the world a better place, get Trump back into power. The Democrats and Republicans have shown they can't do the job. They are good at robbing us and getting people killed in non stop wars.

Offline BillyB

« Reply #74 on: March 21, 2020, 10:04:55 AM »

America is prepared for war. We bought hotels and supplies but the hotels and hospitals aren't full. We've taken action that Italy and other Euro nations haven't taken and earlier action so I doubt we'll see a bloodbath. This virus China lost control of will hurt all our economies for years to come because our governments won't take the kind of action that is required by enacting a total lockdown for at least a month to defeat the virus. We will also have to close our borders for years because the virus can sneak back in.

Registration