The World's #1 Russian, Ukrainian & Eastern European Discussion & Information Forum - RUA!

This Is the Premier Discussion Forum on the Net for Information and Discussion about Russia, Ukraine, Eastern Europe and the Former Soviet Union. Discuss Culture, Politics, Travelling, Language, International Relationships and More. Chat with Travellers, Locals, Residents and Expats. Ask and Answer Questions about Travel, Culture, Relationships, Applying for Visas, Translators, Interpreters, and More. Give Advice, Read Trip Reports, Share Experiences and Make Friends.

Author Topic: Soviet era apartments  (Read 1229 times)

Online Omega1982

• Spouses Country: Not determined / USA
  • Trips: 5-10
Soviet era apartments
« on: February 29, 2020, 11:28:40 PM »
Does anyone know if the Soviet era apartments (the four story ones without elevator) have an association fee? 

In other words, if one owns the apartment what must one pay? 

Offline Guile

Re: Soviet era apartments
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2020, 02:20:40 AM »
You planning to buy one?!

Offline AvHdB

• Spouses Country: Ukraine, Kiev
  • Trips: 20+
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2020, 06:08:13 AM »
In Kiev yes. 6 stories, nice district. The equivalent of $30 per month.
“If you aren't in over your head, how do you know how tall you are?” T.S. Eliot

Offline Olga_Mouse

• Trips: Resident
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2020, 12:03:29 PM »
Does anyone know if the Soviet era apartments (the four story ones without elevator) have an association fee? 

Do you mean the montly utility bill, or the property tax?  ???

The first is mandatory for everybody; the second is paid only by those who are actually OWNERS (not living there after signing a "social renting agreement").

http://www.consultant.ru/document/cons_doc_LAW_51057/7b89f449104d0ce455365252ba57767d953e3b3c/

For the owners, the yearly property tax amount depends on the actual "кадастровая стОимость" (cadastral value?) that changes every year.

Can be checked here:
https://rosreestr.net/uznat-kadastrovuyu-stoimost-nedvijimosti

https://www.nalog.ru/rn77/taxation/taxes/imuch2016/
Leaving Russia is not an emigration, rather an evacuation.

Offline Steveboy

• Commercial Member
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2020, 12:37:04 PM »

Do you mean the montly utility bill, or the property tax?  ???

The first is mandatory for everybody; the second is paid only by those who are actually OWNERS (not living there after signing a "social renting agreement").

http://www.consultant.ru/document/cons_doc_LAW_51057/7b89f449104d0ce455365252ba57767d953e3b3c/

For the owners, the yearly property tax amount depends on the actual "кадастровая стОимость" (cadastral value?) that changes every year.

Can be checked here:
https://rosreestr.net/uznat-kadastrovuyu-stoimost-nedvijimosti

https://www.nalog.ru/rn77/taxation/taxes/imuch2016/

That monthly utility bill bill is ABSOLUTELY fantastic we pay about 7000 a month that's for nearly every thing .. compared to paying council tax/water rates/electricity and all the other things in the UK they rip you off with it is nearly heaven!! 
I support no government anywhere, ever, never. No institution, No religion!!

Offline Olga_Mouse

« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2020, 12:47:22 PM »

That monthly utility bill bill is ABSOLUTELY fantastic we pay about 7000 a month that's for nearly every thing... compared to paying council tax/ water rates/ electricity and all the other things in the UK they rip you off with it is nearly heaven!!

How many square meters you have now? I presume around 50-60?

And I also presume "nearly every thing" means that a) landline; b) electricity; c) internet are on top of the above stated amount, correct?

Offline msmoby

• BANNED
  • BANNED
  • Spouses Country: Russia
  • Trips: 20+
« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2020, 12:59:03 AM »

That monthly utility bill bill is ABSOLUTELY fantastic we pay about 7000 a month that's for nearly every thing .. compared to paying council tax/water rates/electricity and all the other things in the UK they rip you off with it is nearly heaven!!

That's more expensive than a regional city in Russia ..  I'm including property tax, 'Community charges' utilities, fibre internet and the premium package for  IP TV

I pay c. 4800 / month over a year for a mid 50's sq m place that's 10 years old

I have no idea how the property charge is arrived at - but it's not horrendous - compared to the UK ..
I have never claimed to be a Blue Beret

Spurious claims about 'seeing action' with the Blue Berets are debunked >here<

Here is my Russophobia/Kremlinphobia topic

Offline Steveboy

• Commercial Member
« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2020, 04:00:42 AM »

That monthly utility bill bill is ABSOLUTELY fantastic we pay about 7000 a month that's for nearly every thing... compared to paying council tax/ water rates/ electricity and all the other things in the UK they rip you off with it is nearly heaven!!

How many square meters you have now? I presume around 50-60?

And I also presume "nearly every thing" means that a) landline; b) electricity; c) internet are on top of the above stated amount, correct?

65 Sq meters .. internet is separate and so is electricity ... prices seem to have been going up for the last year though slowly I think..

Offline Olga_Mouse

« Reply #8 on: April 25, 2020, 07:49:32 AM »
65 Sq meters... internet is separate, and so is electricity...
prices seem to have been going up for the last year though slowly I think.

Yep, prices are growing every year.  :nod:  Rouble prices at least...  :biggrin:

Garbage removal, mobile phone (haven't noticed how my contract price grew up from 400 to 565 roubles - with the same 4BG / 500 minutes / 500 SMS?  ??? OK, 400 RUB in april 2015 were equal to 6,85  :money: while 565 RUB now are equal to 7,63  :money:), internet - from 400 to 450 and then to 500 RUB...  (:)

Offline Steveboy

• Commercial Member
« Reply #9 on: April 25, 2020, 04:00:21 PM »
65 Sq meters... internet is separate, and so is electricity...
prices seem to have been going up for the last year though slowly I think.

Yep, prices are growing every year.  :nod:  Rouble prices at least...  :biggrin:

Garbage removal, mobile phone (haven't noticed how my contract price grew up from 400 to 565 roubles - with the same 4BG / 500 minutes / 500 SMS?  ??? OK, 400 RUB in april 2015 were equal to 6,85  :money: while 565 RUB now are equal to 7,63  :money:), internet - from 400 to 450 and then to 500 RUB...  (:)

We have two internet providers I need a dynamic one and static and both keep some how not work so fast .. they they slow down you have to call Rosstelecom to give them a mouthful what the **** has happened to our internet.. they give you some excuse and try to get you to pay more.. but I never do on principle ..

Our electric has also gone up its about 1000 roubles a month now .. but that's with 4 of us lots of computers on 24/7 .. summer time it is less about 650 Roubles a month..

Water is included in our monthly bill and we have that running nearly all day usually all having showers all day and usual stuff.. Our new place we will have a big stone bath , Im going to have the hot water running there for 3 hours non estop :laugh: When Im in the UK Mother complains if I have bath with more than 5 cm of water and mains if I flush the toilet;et to much :ROFL:

Registration