The World's #1 Russian, Ukrainian & Eastern European Discussion & Information Forum - RUA!

This Is the Premier Discussion Forum on the Net for Information and Discussion about Russia, Ukraine, Eastern Europe and the Former Soviet Union. Discuss Culture, Politics, Travelling, Language, International Relationships and More. Chat with Travellers, Locals, Residents and Expats. Ask and Answer Questions about Travel, Culture, Relationships, Applying for Visas, Translators, Interpreters, and More. Give Advice, Read Trip Reports, Share Experiences and Make Friends.

Author Topic: Vaccines  (Read 2989 times)

Offline Manny

• Spouses Country: Russia
  • Trips: 20+
Re: Vaccines
« Reply #50 on: October 07, 2021, 11:40:14 AM »
Manny, have you taken a lateral flow test to see if what you've had was covid or a cold?

We were all tested and all had it. Me, wifey, kids and a few staff.
Read a trip report from North Korea >>here<< - Read a trip report from South Korea, China and Hong Kong >>here<<

Look what the American media makes some people believe:
Putin often threatens to strike US with nuclear weapons.

Online andrewfi

• Supporting Member
    • Articles About Almost Anything!
« Reply #51 on: October 07, 2021, 01:58:33 PM »
Manny, have you taken a lateral flow test to see if what you've had was covid or a cold?

Laura's kid is now off school with it. She hasn't got it but has been banned from working at the office. We're all gonna get it. It was always going to be the case. At least those who have been vaccinated usually just get the cold thing.

How long were you under the weather with the lurgey?
...everything ends always well; if it’s still bad, then it’s not the end!

Online AvHdB

• Spouses Country: Ukraine, Kiev
« Reply #52 on: October 07, 2021, 03:46:37 PM »

Perhaps Guile you should read an article on vaccines. Start with Wikipedia. Below quoted is the introduction from Wikipedia.

You use wikipedia to get your vaccine info?!! :-X  I've got several doctor and medical personnel friends who I trust more than wiki. Go ahead and play with your life.  If your child or loved one gets covid and has serious side effects or even worse will you change your tune?

Sorry perhaps I should of used Sesame Street to assist you.

As I have noted before I am vaccinated with Janssen shot. My daughter is vaccinated and has recovered from the Delta variant of COVID.
“If you aren't in over your head, how do you know how tall you are?” T.S. Eliot

Offline TomT

• Trips: 10-20
« Reply #53 on: October 07, 2021, 05:04:34 PM »
"... Cominarty... "

LMFAO!

Offline TomT

« Reply #54 on: October 07, 2021, 05:17:19 PM »
The thing is, BC, the FDA's announcement of full approval for Comirnaty® for the non-immunocompromised, age 16 and over, was written with the presumption of literacy. Sadly, millions of Americans struggle with reading at a sixth-grade level and do their "research" by listening to clowns such as Tucker Carlson on Fox News.

Offline TomT

« Reply #55 on: October 07, 2021, 05:33:45 PM »
This is a rather distressing statistic 38% of the citizens in Connecticut after being fully vaccinated still contract Covid. Presently Brett Kavanaugh a supreme court justice who was vaccinated in the beginning of the year has also contracted Covid.

AvhdB you aren't understanding what vaccines do.  It doesn't make you less susceptible to GETTING the covid, but it makes you more able to fight the virus and not get very sick or die.

Of all the patients in the hospital in Intensive care for covid in my district more than 90% are NOT vaccinated.  This shows that it works.

The percentage of vaccine breakthrough cases varies from place to place and increases as a function of the time elapsed since the last vaccination.

The original goal was to provide ~95% protection against being infected. As it turned out, that isn't possible with the Delta variant because it has the ability to evade the body's immune system to a greater degree than the Alpha variant, irrespective of whether the immunity was obtained by previous infection or by vaccine.

Since it is no longer possible to achieve 95% protection against infection, the goalposts have been moved and the new benchmark is to provide 90% protection against hospitalization for six months. Nonetheless, the primary purpose of any vaccine is to reduce the chances of infection.

Online AvHdB

• Spouses Country: Ukraine, Kiev
« Reply #56 on: October 07, 2021, 07:16:36 PM »
This is a rather distressing statistic 38% of the citizens in Connecticut after being fully vaccinated still contract Covid. Presently Brett Kavanaugh a supreme court justice who was vaccinated in the beginning of the year has also contracted Covid.

AvhdB you aren't understanding what vaccines do.  It doesn't make you less susceptible to GETTING the covid, but it makes you more able to fight the virus and not get very sick or die.

Of all the patients in the hospital in Intensive care for covid in my district more than 90% are NOT vaccinated.  This shows that it works.

The percentage of vaccine breakthrough cases varies from place to place and increases as a function of the time elapsed since the last vaccination.

The original goal was to provide ~95% protection against being infected. As it turned out, that isn't possible with the Delta variant because it has the ability to evade the body's immune system to a greater degree than the Alpha variant, irrespective of whether the immunity was obtained by previous infection or by vaccine.

Since it is no longer possible to achieve 95% protection against infection, the goalposts have been moved and the new benchmark is to provide 90% protection against hospitalization for six months. Nonetheless, the primary purpose of any vaccine is to reduce the chances of infection.

This is an interesting discussion.

What is the vaccine or in fact an inhibitor. Before a vaccine for smallpox or polio was above 95% effective. Now we have medical and pharmaceutical expert saying that we need a regular a booster shot. This supports some of what BiillB has posted.
“If you aren't in over your head, how do you know how tall you are?” T.S. Eliot

Offline TomT

« Reply #57 on: October 07, 2021, 09:08:19 PM »
Vaccines are designed to stimulate the immune system to produce antibodies by mimicking an infection. The antibody values drop off in time, however, hence the need for boosters. That isn't anything remarkable; even if the forecasting is accurate, last season's flu shot is ineffective now.

I like scholarly journals more than anecdotal information from a Romanian woman whom Billy knows but that's just me.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC8208542/

Offline Manny

« Reply #58 on: October 08, 2021, 01:00:53 AM »

Laura's kid is now off school with it. She hasn't got it but has been banned from working at the office. We're all gonna get it. It was always going to be the case. At least those who have been vaccinated usually just get the cold thing.

How long were you under the weather with the lurgey?

About five days, standard OTC flu meds. Residual cough and headaches a few days after. Nothing paracetamol and pomegranate juice won't take care of.

Good to see Tom back!  :bow:
Read a trip report from North Korea >>here<< - Read a trip report from South Korea, China and Hong Kong >>here<<

Offline Manny

« Reply #59 on: October 08, 2021, 01:01:54 AM »
Vaccines are designed to stimulate the immune system to produce antibodies by mimicking an infection. The antibody values drop off in time, however, hence the need for boosters. That isn't anything remarkable; even if the forecasting is accurate, last season's flu shot is ineffective now.

I like scholarly journals more than anecdotal information from a Romanian woman whom Billy knows but that's just me.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC8208542/

Would you say post-infection antibodies negate the need for boosters?

Offline Gipsy

« Reply #60 on: October 08, 2021, 01:27:32 AM »
A short but true story..
A Husband and wife in a large city in Russia both unvaccinated, caught covid, after a few days, the husband was hospitalized, followed by 2 weeks on a ventilator.
Meanwhile the wife's covid cleared up..
The husband was released from hospital and sent home with instructions from doctors that both he and his wife should self-isolate for a further 3 weeks due to 1, After covid, a person is capable of transmitting the virus more easily for this period, and 2, Both were more susceptible to being re-infected rather quickly than they would be after the isolating period..
Unfortunately, after 10 days, the wife was admitted to the hospital, seriously ill with the Delta variant (Not seen in the husband), and is today, on a ventilator in ICU, with some doubts as to her survival..
Bridge is a lot like sex, either you need a good partner, or a decent hand... Woody Allen

Online andrewfi

• Supporting Member
« Reply #61 on: October 08, 2021, 03:33:46 AM »

Sorry, not Tom, but research in the UK suggests that the strongest immunity so far is from a combination of vaccination and infection. Boosters are being recommended, in the UK, for people with compromised immune systems or other reasons to be concerned about getting a covid infection - a similar strategy to flu jabs. The goal is to protect those at most risk from any infection from Covid and the rest of us possibly getting something like a quick cold.

So, that suggests you won't benefit from a booster but your dad might.

Here's a video on the topic of boosters from John Campbell who has been doing great work keeping on top of data-driven information and teaching about Covid-19:
Worth remembering, the fall-off in immunity that we are seeing in many places seems lower in the UK due to the extended period between jabs in that country. The places seeing the rapid fall-off seem to be those where the jabs were administered close together - such as the USA and Israel.

Online BC

« Reply #62 on: October 08, 2021, 04:01:31 AM »

This is an interesting discussion.

What is the vaccine or in fact an inhibitor. Before a vaccine for smallpox or polio was above 95% effective. Now we have medical and pharmaceutical expert saying that we need a regular a booster shot. This supports some of what BiillB has posted.

Data from Italy, which due to centralized healthcare records seems quite accurate, the incidence of new infections per 100,000 indicates that vaccines are quite effective against symptomatic infections.  I assume those being tested are for the most part symptomatic.  Hospitalizations and deaths also closely follow the same curve.

https://lab24.ilsole24ore.com/numeri-vaccini-italia-mondo/

Red curve represents unvaccinated, blue, vaccinated.

Scroll down the page and you can switch between hospitalizations and death. Google should be able to generate a decent translation of the page.

Online andrewfi

• Supporting Member
« Reply #63 on: October 08, 2021, 04:58:30 AM »
I doubt that there is anything that supports what Billy writes.

The reality is that when one looks at real data, that is not research groups with a sample size of one person or fantasies written by people who are either parroting other people's lies or by the liars themselves, then we can know that the current range of vaccines is remarkably effective.

The details might change slightly due to methodology or similar factors, but the picture is absolutely clear.

Of course, it is not possible to change anybody's mind, unless that person is able to understand what they read or see - is able to learn and synthesise new ways of thinking and seeing the world.

All I can say is this: fact check yourself. If you think that vaccines are only accepted for use if they are 95% effective, think for a moment. Ask yourself about the flu jab. Check your thought in Google, it only takes a moment.  When you've done that exercise and corrected your incorrect knowledge, the chances are that you have learned something and by doing so changed the way you think.

So, if you think a vaccine is ineffective because it does not have the 95% level of effectiveness that you imagined, now you know that it is effective at a lower level and you can understand that a successful outcome is not just stopping infection, but reducing the severity, and mortality are also useful and desirable endpoints of vaccination. All that from learning just one new fact by checking before writing.

Offline TomT

« Reply #64 on: October 08, 2021, 08:48:44 AM »

I would not. Here's a recent study that shows that vaccination reduces the chances of reinfection by a factor of 2.34. 

https://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/volumes/70/wr/mm7032e1.htm?s_cid=mm7032e1_e&ACSTrackingID=USCDC_921-DM63289&ACSTrackingLabel=MMWR%20Early%20Release%20-%20Vol.%2070%2C%20August%206%2C%202021&deliveryName=USCDC_921-DM63289&fbclid=IwAR0hi6TQc0OwBIMJxeE3z9fLR-lM1t4MKZSpuImdakTNVxy6X8rY-rde3X0

There are a few caveats, however.

1) The study only had 246 previously infected subjects. For a low MoE, thousands of subjects are required.

2) The reproduction number and fatality rate of future variants are unknown.

3) None of the authors of the paper were Romanian.

Offline BillyB

« Reply #65 on: October 23, 2021, 12:16:05 AM »
I suggest you guys watch that 8 hr FDA public hearing zoom call.....again since it didn't register. Data was presented showing natural immunity is 13 times better than vaccine protection. Also there are two deaths from vaccines for every life saved. Some of you guys don't seem to understand your natural immune system can do the work so vaccines don't get the credit.

Also I presented a lot of interviews by leading vaccine developers in the world who won nobel peace prizes, were executives at big pharma, invented mRNA vaccine technology and led the fight against pandemics and epidemics at the Gates foundation. They all say the vaccines are bad. They known after 60 years trying to develop a coronavirus vaccine, it wasn't possible due to the harm and deaths caused to animals. The current vaccines haven't gone through animal trials. Humans are the experiment.

Lots of videos going around of people calling their clinics, pharmacies, hospitals and Pfizer asking for the approved vaccine called Cominarty. They are all told the vaccine doesn't exist. How many times does your government have to lie to you before you understand they can't be trusted when it comes to your health?

Bill Gates had a private dinner with Boris Johnson a few days ago. Protestors called for Gates's arrest and called him a murderer.

https://t.me/KanekoaTheGreat/2156

Bill Gates flew on Epstein's plane a lot. He probably screwed a bunch of kids. Deep State has video and photos. Gate's probably compromised. They can use his money and influence for their agenda. Lot's of interviews out there of Gates saying there's too many people on earth. He once said through vaccination and health care, we can control the population. Abortion of course is his form of health care. Bad vaccines can harm reproductive organs but some people consider them good vaccines.

How do you UK'ers feel about a pedophile who thinks there's too many people on earth getting involved in UK'ers health decisions? Boris Johnson once said vaccines haven't reduced infections and deaths. With Bill Gates's encouragement$$$, I guarantee you Boris Johnson will announce he supports more vaccines for UK citizens. He'll probably recommend Pfizer/Biontech. I read an article that said Australian is closing their AstraZeneca factory. That vaccine has caused more harm than good. There are more deaths and 100 times more infections this summer in the UK over last summer when nobody was vaccinated. Check worldometers for the data. Bill Gates sees opportunity to sell his Pfizer Biontech vaccines. He has money in them according to this SEC filing.

https://www.sec.gov/Archives/edgar/data/1776985/000119312520022991/d838504df1.htm

https://t.me/KanekoaTheGreat/1981

In the filing it says ""We are a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company with no pharmaceutical products approved for commercial sale."

"No mRNA immunotherapy has been approved, and none may ever be approved, in this new potential category of therapeutics. mRNA drug development has substantial clinical development and regulatory risks due to the novel and unprecedented nature of this new category of therapeutics."

"To our knowledge, there is no current precedent for an mRNA-based immunotherapy such as the type we are developing being approved for sale by the FDA, European Commission or any other regulatory agency elsewhere in the world."

Big Pharma recognized the truth. FDA in their factsheet recognizes the truth. They don't know the risks and benefits and don't know if there'd ever be a vaccine approved. They are smart so get smart! We do know history and that is no coronavirus vaccines has ever been approved do to the harm and death causes to animals. You guys think summer was bad. Wait till winter when our immune systems are at it's weakest. Lots of vaccinated people are going to get infected and die.

95 yo Queen shaking hands with Politicians and elites. No social distancing or masks just like at award ceremonies and global events like the G7. When will you guys wake up to the sham they put on us?

https://t.me/RealGenFlynn/1003

Here's the needle they get to use when they dupe us.

https://t.me/WeTheMedia/37733
Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776. If you want to stop the war in Ukraine, fix elections, stop medical tyranny and forced vaccinations, lower inflation and make America and the world a better place, get Trump back into power. The Democrats and Republicans have shown they can't do the job. They are good at robbing us and getting people killed in non stop wars.

Offline Texan77

« Reply #66 on: October 23, 2021, 05:55:30 AM »
Billy, won't you ever give up with your misinformation. Now what day in August was Trump suppose to be reinstated as president? When in January was the military suppose to take over and make Trump President again because he never lost. Your vaccine BS is just like you Trump BS.  FAKE!!!!

The real question does Billy have to lie to us before he is completely discredited?

AS far as Bill Gates goes, he was let go ( FIRED ) from Microsoft Computer because he could not stop hitting on young girl employees. Wife divorced him because she got tired of the decades of cheating and doing little else. Now why would anybody be able to black mail Bill Gates because he is sleeping with girls. That is very well known fact. That is like trying to blackmail Billy for being anti vaccine. Now please show me one of these interviews where Bill Gates says there are too many people on planet earth. The world is de population on its own. Working age population already in decline soon total population will be in decline. The population of China is expected to be 1/2 by year 2100.

I am pretty sure Bill had a knot put in it. That is common for rich men with his hobby.

Bill Gates investment in Pfizer is not surprising as he owns stock in almost all the big tech stocks.

This is the same type of fake news Russia tried to peddle in Ukraine saying the government wanted to get rid of millions of people because of over population when the country is in population collapse. The reason for this story being told many time many crazies will believe it. Shoot we had even had Andrew saying that Russia was doing a noble thing in Eastern Ukraine because the Ukraine government wanted to kill millions of people and Russia was protected them. Years letter he was saying that he expected it would come out latter that this information was true rather than admit it was only Russian propaganda like almost everything else writing in the Russian news about Ukraine at that time.

When will you stop being a pasty for fake news? I know you really believe this stuff. I am sorry for you because I believe all this fake news you believe is taking a toll on your life. I would listen to the eight hours FDA meeting but it is not worth my time  just to show you wrong again and again and again. It does not matter what is said on the call you will not change your mind anyway. 

The Pfizer vaccine's new name is Cominarty. Just a name change. No big scandal. it will be available under that name soon everywhere. Then you will complain the scandal is what happened to the old vaccine.  :'(

https://www.fda.gov/emergency-preparedness-and-response/coronavirus-disease-2019-covid-19/comirnaty-and-pfizer-biontech-covid-19-vaccine

3) There has been no "threat" to invade Ukraine. The US invented that and fed it to a complicit media.

Online andrewfi

• Supporting Member
« Reply #67 on: October 23, 2021, 04:43:11 PM »
Texan, please do not make claims about things I said that are not true.

It is clear that the Kiev regime is killing people in the east of the country right now. Had the people living there not defended themselves the numbers of dead people there would have been far higher.

Had the Russian government not broken the blockade imposed by the Kiev regime then people would have starved or died from lack of medical supplies.

Those are incontrovertible truths.

However, I never would have written the Kiev regime was going to exterminate millions of people because that's stupid. It would not have happened even if the people living there had done nothing to protect themselves. The goal of the Kievan regime was subjugation not extermination. Please check a dictionary to understand the meanings of those words.

If you are going to make claims of fact in my name then at least show me the respect of getting things right. Contextual quotes are a good tool to use.

Registration