Information & Chat > Former Soviet Union History

WWII Films

(1/4) > >>

Confederate:
A Mark Felton production.

Imagine being a German pilot in June of 1944. Trying your best to protect your homeland from the inevitable.

//www.youtube.com/watch?v=txbF0OpCZY4

Lord of the Dance:
Am I glad they lost? Absolutely. But I would be lying if I said that I don't have great respect for those pilots in their courage to fight, despite the high risk of death. Taking friendly fire on the way out is yet another example of the high cost of war.

Confederate:

--- Quote from: Lord of the Dance on February 25, 2020, 10:23:30 AM ---Am I glad they lost? Absolutely. But I would be lying if I said that I don't have great respect for those pilots in their courage to fight, despite the high risk of death. Taking friendly fire on the way out is yet another example of the high cost of war.

--- End quote ---

German battle tactics especially tank battles are taught at West Point. The American military adopted many of them.

Last two years the Germans were superior at turning what looked like a defeat into a win or draw and fight again.

I don’t pay attention to the propaganda of the victors too much. I like to read and watch vids from the German POV.

As a Veteran it’s easy to admire their early successes based on discipline and blitzkrieg tactics. Early on in the war one German was killing up to 10 enemy soldiers. Too bad Hitler was an asshole because the German people decidedly were not. Or as Marge Schott said, he was okay in the beginning.  :laugh:

2tallbill:
Band of Brothers is on Amazon Prime

--- Quote from: Confederate on February 25, 2020, 05:09:10 PM ---I like to read and watch vids from the German POV.

--- End quote ---

I recommend Das Boot you can rent the SD version for $2.99

https://www.amazon.com/Das-Boot-J%C3%BCrgen-Prochnow/dp/B008Y73XTQ/ref=sr_1_1?keywords=das+boot+with+subtitles&qid=1582748655&s=instant-video&sr=1-1

Confederate:

--- Quote from: 2tallbill on February 26, 2020, 01:25:04 PM ---Band of Brothers is on Amazon Prime

--- Quote from: Confederate on February 25, 2020, 05:09:10 PM ---I like to read and watch vids from the German POV.

--- End quote ---

I recommend Das Boot you can rent the SD version for $2.99

https://www.amazon.com/Das-Boot-J%C3%BCrgen-Prochnow/dp/B008Y73XTQ/ref=sr_1_1?keywords=das+boot+with+subtitles&qid=1582748655&s=instant-video&sr=1-1

--- End quote ---

I’ve already seen it, thank you. A great movie indeed.

For those who like to read “The Forgotten Soldier” by Guy Sajer is excellent but very sobering.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version