The World's #1 Russian, Ukrainian & Eastern European Discussion & Information Forum - RUA!

This Is the Premier Discussion Forum on the Net for Information and Discussion about Russia, Ukraine, Eastern Europe and the Former Soviet Union. Discuss Culture, Politics, Travelling, Language, International Relationships and More. Chat with Travellers, Locals, Residents and Expats. Ask and Answer Questions about Travel, Culture, Relationships, Applying for Visas, Translators, Interpreters, and More. Give Advice, Read Trip Reports, Share Experiences and Make Friends.

Author Topic: Democracy Delivered: Brexit is Reality  (Read 22058 times)

Offline d672

• Supporting Member
  • Trips: 5-10
Re: Democracy Delivered: Brexit is Reality
« Reply #50 on: February 12, 2020, 12:27:30 PM »

The leave vote cost us more money than it should have, because people who don’t believe in democracy, including many corrupt politicians who have since been handed their ‘jotters’, stalled the process and lay legal and political traps at every turn.

Exactly!  :thumbsup:

They stall the process then cry about the extra expense incurred because of it.  But at least the public showed them they aren't stupid and punished them for it... by giving Boris such a huge majority.

Like I said, you either refuse to listen or you aren’t intelligent enough to understand.

A little of both I would say   :coffeeread:

Offline BillyB

• Trips: 10-20
« Reply #51 on: February 12, 2020, 05:27:20 PM »
I don't prefer both of those country. When i retire i would love to live in Philippines were life would be happier and have a lost cost of living.

You would live like a Queen in the Philippines but you will see a lot of suffering. People are very poor there. An American guy once told me every time he went into a shopping mall there, he came out with a girl on each arm.
Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776. If you want to stop the war in Ukraine, fix elections, stop medical tyranny and forced vaccinations, lower inflation and make America and the world a better place, get Trump back into power. The Democrats and Republicans have shown they can't do the job. They are good at robbing us and getting people killed in non stop wars.

Offline rosco

• Supporting Member
« Reply #52 on: February 13, 2020, 10:48:29 AM »

Eh Brexit and the EU failings ensured Brexit.
'Er' ... Corbyn and his 'policy' did .. More people feared his being in charge that Brexit ...;)

What utter tripe.

So you’re now telling us that people voted to leave the EU at the referendum because people feared Corbin?  :ROFL:

You’re an absolute balloon. You engineer anything and everything, to avoid reality. If it weren’t for all your other absurdities on every other thread, I’d think that you just suffer from leftism.

And btw, describing yourself as right of centre only paints how obvious it is, that you misread everything. Your politics in the UK are left and you’d be on a far left watch list in the US. In fact you make Scotland look right of centre!!

:laugh:

Offline msmoby

• BANNED
  • BANNED
  • Spouses Country: Russia
  • Trips: 20+
Re: Democracy wasn't Delivered: Brexit is Reality in 10.5 months ..
« Reply #53 on: February 13, 2020, 04:04:25 PM »

So you’re now telling us that people voted to leave the EU at the referendum because people feared Corbin?  :ROFL:

We didn't HAVE another referendum .. we had a general election - but you knew that ...  :coffeeread:

You’re an absolute balloon.

May be you meant 'buffoon' (?) as I am not akin to a balloon - I am not overly obese - if at all  !   

If you spent more time thinking - before posting - you'd realise who's being somewhat silly

Google : 'electorate feared corbyn' - many results predate the vote

You engineer anything and everything

That's  Cummings trait  - some folks fall for it ..

If it weren’t for all your other absurdities on every other thread, I’d think that you just suffer from leftism.

Sighs - you KNOW why I cannot be a 'leftie' .. you even accepted and thanked a previous explanation - I have never trusted Corbyn - I just know 'Brexit' is pure bollox

And btw, describing yourself as right of centre only paints how obvious it is, that you misread everything. Your politics in the UK are left and you’d be on a far left watch list in the US. In fact you make Scotland look right of centre!!

You are being daft, now ..

My fist vote was for Thatcher

I left the UK while Blair was in power

Came back when it was clear Labour were finished

I Left when I realised it was better to be out of the UK for biz and personal reasons ... 

IF I'd lived in the US - I'd have voted for Ronny Raygun - certainly not the junior Bush and defo O'Bama ..

I'd have left given the choice of Hilary of 'Trampu' ..

I'm in favour of migrants from the EU and so were many UK  leaders - some of who were children of such migrants ... you should look it up ..

Rosco, time to call for help from the 'tag team' .. you failed to land a scoring point - but will this be an 'insult' ?

I have never claimed to be a Blue Beret

Spurious claims about 'seeing action' with the Blue Berets are debunked >here<

Here is my Russophobia/Kremlinphobia topic

Offline d672

• Supporting Member
Is this the beginning of the end of the EU?
« Reply #54 on: February 23, 2020, 12:48:54 AM »

The honest discussion has only really just begun too - how will the EU make up for the huge short fall in revenue? Remainers don't like to discuss this because they try to sell a scenario where we receive stuff from the EU and claim its a net benefit.

In truth, the Uk was/is a net contributor and with them apparently not going to do business with us anymore, where does this leave them without the UK gravy train? Funding shortfalls, French & Germany economies on the brink and their collective EU industries which have been set up to provide for the UK no longer working.....now they won't deal with us?! :-X

Like you said, Bulgaria, Latvia, Portugal and soon to be Albania won't be swelling the coffers because these guys are members who are on the take. When the handouts stop, the beggars move on.

Well that didn't take long, the infighting has already begun ... 

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/feb/21/eu-leaders-at-odds-over-filling-brexit-shortfall?fbclid=IwAR36bfVF-MCc4yMGUAgN4Yy6LRVjrbHrd0d6EtsWNTYwoKUPc40CwXUKQW4

A summit of EU leaders seeking to fill a €75bn hole in the bloc’s budget left by Brexit dramatically collapsed after Angela Merkel led major contributors in rejecting a proposal that would have left them paying billions more.

Good call Rosco, it seems the UK leaving wasn't as trivial as they tried to make it sound... until they had to dig into their own pockets to make up for the shortfall! lol

I didn't know this was a budget year for the EU, I wonder if any other countries will see the writing on the wall and leave soon. Especially now that they know that they're probably going to have to dish out even more money to be part of a group that just lost a huge amount of leverage in world trade. And with no returns on that extra expense. Interesting times!

Offline msmoby

• BANNED
  • BANNED
Re: Is this the beginning of the end of the EU?
« Reply #55 on: February 23, 2020, 01:08:18 AM »

Good call Rosco, it seems the UK leaving wasn't as trivial as they tried to make it sound... until they had to dig into their own pockets to make up for the shortfall! lol

I didn't know this was a budget year for the EU, I wonder if any other countries will see the writing on the wall and leave soon. Especially now that they know that they're probably going to have to dish out even more money to be part of a group that just lost a huge amount of leverage in world trade. And with no returns on that extra expense. Interesting times!

:ROFL:

1/ Please explain how: 'leverage' has been 'lost '?  The EU have trade deals in place with most nations that count .. the UK has to make one's with each of those nations ..

2/ For sure the UK contribution is going to be missed. 

"The amount which the United Kingdom contributes to the European Union budget was a key issue during the Brexit referendum of 2016. Prior to the referendum, the “Leave” campaign famously claimed that the UK sends the EU 350 million British pounds a week, a figure which omitted the rebate which the UK receives from the EU as well as public sector receipts. As of 2018, the UK contributed approximately 8.93 billion to the EU budget and received 8.52 billion back."

https://www.statista.com/statistics/316691/european-union-eu-budget-share-of-contributions/

Wow, that's going to be a 'BIG' impact .. :coffeeread:

Offline Steveboy

• Commercial Member
  • Trips: Resident
« Reply #56 on: February 23, 2020, 10:59:21 AM »

We didn't HAVE another referendum .. we had a general election - but you knew that ...  :coffeeread:

May be you meant 'buffoon' (?) as I am not akin to a balloon - I am not overly obese - if at all  !   

If you spent more time thinking - before posting - you'd realise who's being somewhat silly

Google : 'electorate feared corbyn' - many results predate the vote

You engineer anything and everything

That's  Cummings trait  - some folks fall for it ..

If it weren’t for all your other absurdities on every other thread, I’d think that you just suffer from leftism.

Sighs - you KNOW why I cannot be a 'leftie' .. you even accepted and thanked a previous explanation - I have never trusted Corbyn - I just know 'Brexit' is pure bollox

I Left when I realised it was better to be out of the UK for biz and personal reasons ... 

IF I'd lived in the US - I'd have voted for Ronny Raygun - certainly not the junior Bush and defo O'Bama ..

I'm in favour of migrants from the EU and so were many UK  leaders - some of who were children of such migrants ... you should look it up ..

Rosco, time to call for help from the 'tag team' .. you failed to land a scoring point - but will this be an 'insult' ?

We didn't HAVE another referendum .. we had a general election - but you knew that ...  As you said some time back three years had passed time for people to change their minds..

Clearly they never changed their minds in fact more people decided to leave..

You can argue till your blue in the face..

You and your hippy friends had your chance and blew it!! You could of all put your tweed jackets on and PRACTISED WHAT YOU PREACHED.. and voted for that dumb ass liberal whore who promised to cancel Brexit and **** the population..

What happened then to all the little gay groups of idiots "Cheltenham for Europe" "Gloucester for Europe" why did they not vote for that whore who was happy to kick the population in the head..

Aaaaa I forgot they never practice what they preach.. well there is some news then.. :laugh:

I support no government anywhere, ever, never. No institution, No religion!!

Offline msmoby

• BANNED
  • BANNED
« Reply #57 on: February 23, 2020, 02:17:44 PM »

We didn't HAVE another referendum ..

Quite..  and you know why ..

We had a General election and the choice was Bojo or Corbyn .. no leave or remain ...

Offline Manny

« Reply #58 on: February 23, 2020, 04:26:04 PM »

Yes. Because we decided it once and we do not need to continuously decide over and over to appease remainers who hope for a different outcome.

We’ve left. It’s done.
Read a trip report from North Korea >>here<< - Read a trip report from South Korea, China and Hong Kong >>here<<

Look what the American media makes some people believe:
Putin often threatens to strike US with nuclear weapons.

Offline Contrarian

• Trips: 1-5
« Reply #59 on: February 23, 2020, 04:30:55 PM »

Yes. Because we decided it once and we do not need to continuously decide over and over to appease remainers who hope for a different outcome.

We’ve left. It’s done.

Mobster doesn’t think so.... :ROFL:      :ROFL:      :ROFL:

Offline d672

• Supporting Member
« Reply #60 on: February 23, 2020, 05:29:30 PM »

1/ Please explain how: 'leverage' has been 'lost '?  The EU have trade deals in place with most nations that count .. the UK has to make one's with each of those nations ..

I apologize Moby, I overestimated your intelligence. I thought everyone would understand that losing a country in their bloc with a great economy and does such a huge amount of trade in the world would weaken their position.  And not to mention that they are now also a competitor, as shown in a previous post I made... 70% more venture capital than France or Germany...

The public finances are on the mend, recording a healthy surplus in January on booming tax receipts. Employment is at record levels, with real wage growth at a two-year high. Despite a global slowdown, Britain expanded 1.4 per cent last year, recording just 4 per cent unemployment. Yet Germany and France are on the brink of recession, the Italian economy is contracting and eurozone joblessness is twice as high.
It’s precisely because Britain will thrive after Brexit that we attracted record foreign direct investment last year, beating the US, with only China attracting more. Even British start-ups raised almost £8 billion in venture capital during 2018 – some 70 per cent more than their French and Germany counterparts.

Sorry about that, I forgot that some people here just do not have any business sense and need everything spelled out for them. I will try to keep that in mind from now on.  :chuckle:

"The amount which the United Kingdom contributes to the European Union budget was a key issue during the Brexit referendum of 2016. Prior to the referendum, the “Leave” campaign famously claimed that the UK sends the EU 350 million British pounds a week, a figure which omitted the rebate which the UK receives from the EU as well as public sector receipts. As of 2018, the UK contributed approximately 8.93 billion to the EU budget and received 8.52 billion back."

https://www.statista.com/statistics/316691/european-union-eu-budget-share-of-contributions/

Oh, not such a loss then? That is why the EU countries are arguing about the new budget and stopped the talks because they couldn't come to an agreement. And they are talking about doing about 10 billion in budget cuts as well as saying some countries need to pay more. How come the numbers don't add up from your link? Why are they cutting so much and wanting so much more from other countries if the UK contribution was so minor? Indeed that is a big impact no matter how much you want to downplay it.  :coffeeread:

Offline msmoby

• BANNED
  • BANNED
« Reply #61 on: February 24, 2020, 02:38:02 AM »

We’ve left. It’s done.

..and we'll be back .. 

Offline msmoby

• BANNED
  • BANNED
« Reply #62 on: February 24, 2020, 02:54:15 AM »

I apologize Moby, I overestimated your intelligence.

:ROFL:  Reading what you wrote previously and now this - that's hilarious - given the UK has yet to feel the 'benefits' of NOT being in the EU.

I thought everyone would understand that losing a country in their bloc with a great economy and does such a huge amount of trade in the world would weaken their position. 

And not to mention that they are now also a competitor, as shown in a previous post I made... 70% more venture capital than France or Germany...

REAL smart move to make your neighbour competitors when the world is in protectionist mode .. We can discuss this venture capital when you ( and other somewhat selectively blind folk) wake up to the high paid jobs that are LEAVING UK PLC

Only someone with 'greater' intelligence than I could suggest that the UK by leaving THE largest trading block will be in a 'stronger' position ....

The public finances are on the mend, recording a healthy surplus in January on booming tax receipts. Employment is at record levels, with real wage growth at a two-year high. Despite a global slowdown, Britain expanded 1.4 per cent last year, recording just 4 per cent unemployment. Yet Germany and France are on the brink of recession, the Italian economy is contracting and eurozone joblessness is twice as high.
It’s precisely because Britain will thrive after Brexit that we attracted record foreign direct investment last year, beating the US, with only China attracting more. Even British start-ups raised almost £8 billion in venture capital during 2018 – some 70 per cent more than their French and Germany counterparts.

The Public Finances need to be  compared to the forecasts of 2017 - before the suicide vote ...   I think that will prove who is being realistic, here...  The Tory Chancellor waned us how much worse of the govt would be .. 'Brexit' has already cost us FAR more than the bogus amounts claimed

Oh, not such a loss then? That is why the EU countries are arguing about the new budget and stopped the talks because they couldn't come to an agreement. And they are talking about doing about 10 billion in budget cuts as well as saying some countries need to pay more. How come the numbers don't add up from your link? Why are they cutting so much and wanting so much more from other countries if the UK contribution was so minor? Indeed that is a big impact no matter how much you want to downplay it.  :coffeeread:

I'm not trying to downplay the loss of the UK .. it is a two way street .. The EU IS weaker, too ..

My figures just busted your bubble as to the overall effect.

Offline rosco

• Supporting Member
Portugal open to Brits....whatever happens with Brexit!
« Reply #63 on: March 03, 2020, 09:15:24 AM »
As predicted, the sore losers and prophets of doom, who now call themselves the 'rejoinders', were miles off with their scare tactics and narrow minded views. This from the Portuguese is just the start of the end game.

https://www.expatnetwork.com/portugal-is-open-to-brits-whatever-happens-with-brexit/

Interior Minister, Eduardo Cabrita said, “The British are welcome in Portugal as residents, as tourists, as investors, as students. We hope they will continue to come and stay in Portugal.”

Only the extremists and the complete idiots ever thought that we would be marginalised into some kind of forgotten little island with nothing to offer. From here on in, watch and learn as the EU and its current members begin to compete with each other, for the British pound.

No doubt the usual lunatic on here will try to tell us that the Portuguese Interior Minister didn't really mean what he said.

:ROFL: :ROFL: :ROFL:

Offline rosco

• Supporting Member
« Reply #64 on: March 03, 2020, 09:22:41 AM »

Eh yes we did. In fact we had a referendum, a European election and a general election. All of which you lot lost and your still unable to get it!!  :ROFL:

No I meant balloon. Full of spittle, air and deflates after a winners party.

You're as conservative in your political ideology as you are being right on this forum. Do you never hate losing all the time?

Online andrewfi

• Supporting Member
    • Articles About Almost Anything!
« Reply #65 on: March 03, 2020, 09:25:02 AM »
It ain't the winning or losing. For our mystic it's all about some degree of attention.
...everything ends always well; if it’s still bad, then it’s not the end!

Offline rosco

• Supporting Member
« Reply #66 on: March 03, 2020, 09:26:58 AM »

Unbelievable. The UK hand out is just a small part of a bigger problem. Much of Eu industry is geared up to serve the UK market. If a deal doesn't fall into place, expect a recession followed by political upheaval.

Imagine making your money, by being subsidised climbing up ladders to install illegal satellite devices, and all of a sudden, the subsidy which made it profitable got cut off. Worse still, nobody now wants your satellite devices......

Forget that, this concept is beyond you Moby.

Offline msmoby

• BANNED
  • BANNED
Re: Portugal open to Brits....whatever happens with Brexit!
« Reply #67 on: March 03, 2020, 10:05:16 AM »
As predicted, the sore losers and prophets of doom, who now call themselves the 'rejoinders', were miles off with their scare tactics and narrow minded views. This from the Portuguese is just the start of the end game.

https://www.expatnetwork.com/portugal-is-open-to-brits-whatever-happens-with-brexit/

Interior Minister, Eduardo Cabrita said, “The British are welcome in Portugal as residents, as tourists, as investors, as students. We hope they will continue to come and stay in Portugal.”

Only the extremists and the complete idiots ever thought that we would be marginalised into some kind of forgotten little island with nothing to offer. From here on in, watch and learn as the EU and its current members begin to compete with each other, for the British pound.

No doubt the usual lunatic on here will try to tell us that the Portuguese Interior Minister didn't really mean what he said.

:ROFL: :ROFL: :ROFL:

Britain has a long tradition of good relations with Portugal..

What Rosco fails to grasp is ....just like when we had to 'let go' our previous close ties with Auz and NZ... Portugal will adopt Schengen wide rules re Brits. tiphat

Offline msmoby

• BANNED
  • BANNED
« Reply #68 on: March 03, 2020, 10:11:38 AM »
[
Forget that, this concept is beyond you Moby.

I have not sold  UK 'satellite' systems abroad for 9 years...

That is an example of a Rosco 'concept' understanding ....

In the meantime, I may just have a greater understanding of how to take advantage of 'Brexit', while you will be secretly telling folk..."Do not tell Moby, but he had a point..''

Everytime BoJo opens his gob...the GBP falls back.

Some folks were pointing out the GBP was 'back's to 1.33 and 1.23 v the USD and Euro...

That worked out well....

Offline rosco

• Supporting Member
« Reply #69 on: March 03, 2020, 03:06:46 PM »
Hey mystic, a quick heads up. We haven’t left yet! If you think this is the benchmark of what Brexit means, then it’s little wonder you’re flapping about, spouting nonsense.

Oh and there’s a global virus doing the rounds which has hit markets.....but carry on and attribute that to Brexit.  :ROFL:

Offline d672

• Supporting Member
« Reply #70 on: March 03, 2020, 04:33:39 PM »

I apologize Moby, I overestimated your intelligence.

:ROFL:  Reading what you wrote previously and now this - that's hilarious - given the UK has yet to feel the 'benefits' of NOT being in the EU.

Again you show your failure to understand... yes, they are feeling the benefits already...

I thought everyone would understand that losing a country in their bloc with a great economy and does such a huge amount of trade in the world would weaken their position. 

And not to mention that they are now also a competitor, as shown in a previous post I made... 70% more venture capital than France or Germany...

REAL smart move to make your neighbour competitors when the world is in protectionist mode .. We can discuss this venture capital when you ( and other somewhat selectively blind folk) wake up to the high paid jobs that are LEAVING UK PLC

Stop overestimating your value Moby, the UK will get by just fine after losing a couch surfing satellite dish installer!  :chuckle:

And according to my article any high paying jobs you claim are leaving is nothing compared to the billions of pounds of new start ups happening because of Brexit. Also, having record low unemployment figures also debunks your theory of all these job losses. Stop pulling these false claims out your arse

The Public Finances need to be  compared to the forecasts of 2017 - before the suicide vote ...   I think that will prove who is being realistic, here...  The Tory Chancellor waned us how much worse of the govt would be .. 'Brexit' has already cost us FAR more than the bogus amounts claimed

No they don't, they need to be compared to what is going on in the world at the time, economies change every year. And clearly the UK  out performed the EU in 2018.... as well as all other countries in the world besides China, even the US which has a booming economy. And why? Because of breaking free of the shackles of the EU. 

I'm not trying to downplay the loss of the UK .. it is a two way street .. The EU IS weaker, too ..

My figures just busted your bubble as to the overall effect.

No your figures don't make sense. As I pointed out what the EU is doing right now with such high budget cuts and asking for so much more extra money from members prove it. The EU does not have to allocate any more money to the UK, so there is a lot of the budget spending gone. Why do they need so much more money to cover the UK's share if it was such a small amount? Obviously it was costing the UK a lot of money to be part of the EU, and not much in return from it. All the new business coming into the UK and the low unemployment rates formed just because of the fact that Brexit is going to happen shows that they are in a lot stronger position now that when they were in that blood sucking group. It is not a two way street as you are trying to imply

Offline NS1

• Supporting Member
« Reply #71 on: March 03, 2020, 04:44:58 PM »
Canada right from word go said they will deal with and get a deal done.
Along with the US and many countries.
Why would anyone think that the UK is done, stupid to say the least.

Do they have lots to do, yes of course. Will there be some ups and downs
be  a fool to think otherwise. But I believe they will not only be fine,
once the dust settles they will be far better off.

I don't follow British politics enough to understand it all, but I know this much.
If I lived there I would have voted to get out EU in a second and have no idea what idiot
would slow this down. Well except for  the ones that take advantage of the EU systems
in the UK, oh hey where's Moby, that would be him   :nod: Apparently your not alone Moby
lots of fools are upset that it will be harder to cheat they system.

Must drive you nuts as you watch all the loop holes that are closing.
Don't worry you will figure out a new scam, your kind always does.
There is nothing permanent except change.

Offline msmoby

• BANNED
  • BANNED
« Reply #72 on: March 04, 2020, 02:01:24 AM »
Hey mystic, a quick heads up. We haven’t left yet!

I believe *I* might realise that ... but let's go back to what happens to when BoJo suggests a 'no deal' scenario ...  WTO default trade tariffs - loads of paperwork - just in time stock delivery systems screwed ..

Whilst we may be in the transition phase immigration forums are full of episode of UK citizens abroad already being treated as if we left..

Online Markje

• MCMLXXIV
    • Mark's unix pages
  • Spouses Country: Crimea
« Reply #73 on: March 04, 2020, 03:26:40 AM »
If the EU grows much worse, I would live in the UK

I would be considering moving to 'Preston' in the Uk, I was quite taken with that cute little city.

But I don't think the EU will move that fast and I can safely retire to Crimea once my time working is up.

OO===[][]===OO
My first trip to my wife: To Evpatoria!
My road trip to Crimea: Roadtrip to Evpatoria

Offline msmoby

• BANNED
  • BANNED
« Reply #74 on: March 04, 2020, 04:18:09 AM »
If the EU grows much worse, I would live in the UK

How will you get in ? ;)

I would be considering moving to 'Preston' in the Uk, I was quite taken with that cute little city.

PRESTON ?   I love the Ribble Valley and the people are great ... but the UK has even better options

Registration