The World's #1 Russian, Ukrainian & Eastern European Discussion & Information Forum - RUA!

This Is the Premier Discussion Forum on the Net for Information and Discussion about Russia, Ukraine, Eastern Europe and the Former Soviet Union. Discuss Culture, Politics, Travelling, Language, International Relationships and More. Chat with Travellers, Locals, Residents and Expats. Ask and Answer Questions about Travel, Culture, Relationships, Applying for Visas, Translators, Interpreters, and More. Give Advice, Read Trip Reports, Share Experiences and Make Friends.

Author Topic: Trip report - Mila  (Read 2822 times)

Offline andrew99

• Trips: 1-5
Trip report - Mila
« on: January 26, 2020, 01:24:28 PM »
Hi , forgot to mention the trip I went on was organized with Mila in Kharkov
She has a matchmaking service 1-1 which is for people who a serious about meeting someone. I am going back there soon . Mila will organize everything. She genuinely wants to help.

I would prefer to talk to guys face to face about the service as I believe it is a good way to meet someone genuine. If anyone is in London or Melbourne in a few weeks I am happy to elaborate . My experience was that in  Ukraine it wasnt  that easy to meet women unless you had something organized.  I am over 40. Forget the idea you land in Kiev and start swiping on tinder as I have read elsewhere.

http://www.mila-interpreter.com/

Offline Manny

• Spouses Country: Russia
  • Trips: 20+
Re: Trip report - Mila
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2020, 05:04:39 PM »
Is there a topic that should be attached to this random post Jagguy?
Read a trip report from North Korea >>here<< - Read a trip report from South Korea, China and Hong Kong >>here<<

Look what the American media makes some people believe:
Putin often threatens to strike US with nuclear weapons.

Offline Steveboy

• Commercial Member
  • Trips: Resident
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2020, 05:36:51 AM »
Hi , forgot to mention the trip I went on was organized with Mila in Kharkov
She has a matchmaking service 1-1 which is for people who a serious about meeting someone. I am going back there soon . Mila will organize everything. She genuinely wants to help.

I would prefer to talk to guys face to face about the service as I believe it is a good way to meet someone genuine. If anyone is in London or Melbourne in a few weeks I am happy to elaborate . My experience was that in  Ukraine it wasnt  that easy to meet women unless you had something organized.  I am over 40. Forget the idea you land in Kiev and start swiping on tinder as I have read elsewhere.

http://www.mila-interpreter.com/

I am over 40..  41-99 ? Lots of difference you could be 75?
I support no government anywhere, ever, never. No institution, No religion!!

Offline andrew99

« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2020, 03:37:44 PM »
I am late 40's. Does this help?

Offline andrew99

« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2020, 03:41:53 PM »

I dont mean to sound arrogant but I am sure I might have  slightly easier time persuading  pretty much any single male to do a trip to the Ukraine to meet women , rather than North Korea. Call me ambitious.

Offline BillyB

• Trips: 10-20
« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2020, 05:13:48 PM »
My experience was that in  Ukraine it wasnt  that easy to meet women unless you had something organized. 

When I was single in Kiev, I could get 3 phone numbers a day from ladies I met on the street. It would be easy to get a date same or next day.

Also there are dating sites like Mamba.ru where you can contact ladies, tell them you're in town and get a date right away.

A lot of guys go over there and have their mind set on one woman they've been communicating with for months. They should have a back up plan using methods like the ones I mentioned above. Other option is to sit in hotel room, cry and feel sorry for themselves.
Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776. If you want to stop the war in Ukraine, fix elections, stop medical tyranny and forced vaccinations, lower inflation and make America and the world a better place, get Trump back into power. The Democrats and Republicans have shown they can't do the job. They are good at robbing us and getting people killed in non stop wars.

Offline Contrarian

« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2020, 06:34:56 PM »

I dont mean to sound arrogant but I am sure I might have  slightly easier time persuading  pretty much any single male to do a trip to the Ukraine to meet women , rather than North Korea. Call me ambitious.

:laugh:

Offline msmoby

• BANNED
  • BANNED

When I was single in Kiev, I could get 3 phone numbers a day from ladies I met on the street. It would be easy to get a date same or next day.

Also there are dating sites like Mamba.ru where you can contact ladies, tell them you're in town and get a date right away.

A lot of guys go over there and have their mind set on one woman they've been communicating with for months. They should have a back up plan using methods like the ones I mentioned above. Other option is to sit in hotel room, cry and feel sorry for themselves.

BillyB

mamba.ru, Kiev and Ukraine in January 2020? 

I have never claimed to be a Blue Beret

Spurious claims about 'seeing action' with the Blue Berets are debunked >here<

Here is my Russophobia/Kremlinphobia topic

Offline andrew99

« Reply #8 on: February 09, 2020, 04:36:10 AM »
Anyone serious thinking in going over to Ukraine , I would advise you need something organized first.  I met guys in Ukraine from western countries who have told me the same thing.

Dont just arrive in 2020 and walk the streets hoping some girl will like you. Some guy might claim this works but my experience and by speaking to others in Ukraine you are likely to need something organized before coming. Dont rely on a dating site is all i can say.  Westerners in Kiev are not new and all a girl has to do is wait next week for another westerner . I have been told more than once to avoid Kiev for dating.

Kharkov does not have a thriving singles scene eg singles events, speed dating... it isnt their culture. They seem to prefer to meet through friends of friends  (this is a generalization of course). Then and only then some girls might move towards matchmaking services . You will meet this way.

I think the current Ukraine dating  scene sounds  a bit different now to  a few years before (at a guess).

Offline Steveboy

• Commercial Member
« Reply #9 on: February 09, 2020, 05:15:57 AM »
Lots of guys sign up to dating sites and will use their email as their name.. for example his mother called him Bob.. but he decided to call himself  boby638@gmail.com

Some guys changed their names to VK2879047 Presumably so the women will write to them..

Maybe you could walk about in Kiev with a big coat and on the back could have for example in White writing "Text Me +5790037886" Or some thing like that..

Personally I never understood this mentality can you imagine going to a night club with "Text me +753987264 " On the back of your jacket?? Some how I don't think any women would text you or even speak to you, actually you would probably get beaten up for being a jerk..

Offline Steveboy

• Commercial Member
« Reply #10 on: February 09, 2020, 05:18:47 AM »

So nearly 50 and what sort of age group of women are you looking for ? Older than 35/38 ? Or younger than 28? Some thing like that.. just asking ..

Offline andrew99

« Reply #11 on: February 09, 2020, 05:28:51 AM »

So nearly 50 and what sort of age group of women are you looking for ? Older than 35/38 ? Or younger than 28? Some thing like that.. just asking ..

Ideally i wanted late 30's , early 40's at most.  NO point in coming all the way for an impractical situation like a girl in 20's or 30-33

Offline Steveboy

• Commercial Member
« Reply #12 on: February 09, 2020, 05:45:36 AM »

Ideally i wanted late 30's , early 40's at most.  NO point in coming all the way for an impractical situation like a girl in 20's or 30-33

Ok at least your sensible about it that's more than 90% of the guys .. can see it it being to hard to find someone just takes time I think average about 2/3 years.. :thumbsup:

Offline andrew99

« Reply #13 on: February 09, 2020, 09:16:26 AM »
Hi, how do you know on average 2/3 years? Is this how long it takes to actually find someone? or the time you are finding your lady and she is living with you?

Offline Steveboy

• Commercial Member
« Reply #14 on: February 09, 2020, 10:13:14 AM »
Hi, how do you know on average 2/3 years? Is this how long it takes to actually find someone? or the time you are finding your lady and she is living with you?

Well dating any women or finding a women you finally wish to marry usually takes 2/3 years where ever you live and where ever you date or search for a partner..

No different in Ukraine! Even more so now as women are not so easy to drop every thing and bugger off to another country with a guy she hardly knows.

There is no set time scale, some guys can be lucky meet a girl and genuinely fall in love or click and find them selves married within a year.. but it is not common.

Your going to have to travel several times to Ukraine at least before you even find a women that you both like each other.. then maybe 6 months later you realise you have nothing in common and its back to step one again..and that can happen a few times.. two years is not a long time to be travelling meeting and dating.

No different to dating at home.. you meet the girl go out together for 6 months and finally part.. same happens in Eastern Europe.. no different there, although lots of guys expect to go meet a few women and marry a couple of months later.. Yea the filipinos that still happens.. but I don't think Ukraine any more..

You can try to prove me wrong..but I know from many many many many guys exactly how it works..

But you got an advantage over many guys and that is your searching for a women in a realistic age group and not a granddaughter .. so I would say you have a good chance, just got to stick at it and be ready for the long haul..

Offline addkock

« Reply #15 on: February 10, 2020, 01:09:56 AM »

Well dating any women or finding a women you finally wish to marry usually takes 2/3 years where ever you live and where ever you date or search for a partner..

No different in Ukraine! Even more so now as women are not so easy to drop every thing and bugger off to another country with a guy she hardly knows.

There is no set time scale, some guys can be lucky meet a girl and genuinely fall in love or click and find them selves married within a year.. but it is not common.

Your going to have to travel several times to Ukraine at least before you even find a women that you both like each other.. then maybe 6 months later you realise you have nothing in common and its back to step one again..and that can happen a few times.. two years is not a long time to be travelling meeting and dating.

No different to dating at home.. you meet the girl go out together for 6 months and finally part.. same happens in Eastern Europe.. no different there, although lots of guys expect to go meet a few women and marry a couple of months later.. Yea the filipinos that still happens.. but I don't think Ukraine any more..

You can try to prove me wrong..but I know from many many many many guys exactly how it works..

But you got an advantage over many guys and that is your searching for a women in a realistic age group and not a granddaughter .. so I would say you have a good chance, just got to stick at it and be ready for the long haul..

+1

took me 4 years, countless trips and 2 "failed" relationships before I found my gem. Now been married for 6 months, expecting an addition to the family in 4 months, wife is thriving in our new home, kisses me goodbye in the morning with a big smile, kisses me passionate welcome home every evening.  :)
(don't think I ever been so pampered in my life before, a nice surprise I really never expected)

Nothing about this has been easy, but worth every little effort.
If you obey all the rules you miss all the fun.

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results

Offline andrew99

« Reply #16 on: February 10, 2020, 11:03:30 AM »
Hi, thanks for the messages.

If you stick at it you will find what you want. Seems good advice

Offline Steveboy

• Commercial Member
« Reply #17 on: February 10, 2020, 12:05:45 PM »
Hi, thanks for the messages.

If you stick at it you will find what you want. Seems good advice

Of course if you stick at it you will succeed people always do with that approach.. It is no different to tunneling out of a concentration camp.. stick at it and you will escape .. sit there with all the other lot complaining about potato soup for dinner and your aunty being gassed at the weekend nothing will happen.. :laugh:

To many people sign up looking for a women and within 1/2 moths they already have become lazy.. cant be assed to write letters, cant be assed to answer letters other than"  Hello " or "What do you want to know about me"

Be proactive non stop 24/7 be it on a dating site, Tinder, agency or what ever..

Offline Manny

« Reply #18 on: February 10, 2020, 12:21:22 PM »

:laugh:

I guess the purpose of my NK trip kinda zoomed over his head.  :coffeeread:
Read a trip report from North Korea >>here<< - Read a trip report from South Korea, China and Hong Kong >>here<<

Offline andrew99

« Reply #19 on: February 10, 2020, 02:33:36 PM »
 I wouldnt feel safe in NK.

Manny could you elaborate on some of your matchmaking experiences or knowledge in this area.
You know a bitt about the Russian scene? Belarus? as I think it would be quite  interesting.

Or have you done this elsewhere? so apologies if thats the case

Online 2tallbill

• Trips: 10-20
« Reply #20 on: February 10, 2020, 02:50:38 PM »

Manny visited NK but never had match making services there.

Continue on with your story(ies)
FSUW are not for entry level daters. FSUW don't do vague FSUW like a man of action so be a man of action  If you find a promising girl, get your butt on a plane. There are a hundred ways to be successful and a thousand ways to f#ck it up
Kiss the girl, don't ask her first.
Get an apartment not a hotel. DON'T recycle girls

Offline Manny

« Reply #21 on: February 10, 2020, 03:26:36 PM »

Manny could you elaborate on some of your matchmaking experiences or knowledge in this area.
You know a bitt about the Russian scene? Belarus? as I think it would be quite  interesting.

Or have you done this elsewhere? so apologies if that's the case

Dude, educate yourself. Read your welcome PM. You can read a little of what I knew up to 2008 here. I've forgotten more about this endeavour than you'll ever know. I was dating in the FSU in 1998. This is my site after all............

As for you, you first registered here in 2007 as Jagguy, then you became Hagar, then you made a new account as Andrew99. But as of 2 weeks ago you were still logging on with your old ID and we dont allow duplicate IDs here. So I have merged your old Jaggguy/Hagar IDs with your current one so our members can read your posts in context. Why not tell the good people what happened with Anna so others may learn from your mistakes?

Offline Steveboy

• Commercial Member
« Reply #22 on: February 10, 2020, 04:25:13 PM »

Or have you done this elsewhere? so apologies if that's the case

Dude, educate yourself. Read your welcome PM. You can read a little of what I knew up to 2008 here. I've forgotten more about this endeavour than you'll ever know. I was dating in the FSU in 1998. This is my site after all............

As for you, you first registered here in 2007 as Jagguy, then you became Hagar, then you made a new account as Andrew99. But as of 2 weeks ago you were still logging on with your old ID and we dont allow duplicate IDs here. So I have merged your old Jaggguy/Hagar IDs with your current one so our members can read your posts in context. Why not tell the good people what happened with Anna so others may learn from your mistakes?

You mean he has been here for 13 years!! Ok I already got the jist of this one.. :laugh:

Online Guile

« Reply #23 on: February 10, 2020, 10:42:31 PM »
Damn 13 years and still using a translator service? :chuckle: :chuckle:  You could have learned some Russian in that time.

Offline andrew99

« Reply #24 on: February 11, 2020, 03:48:03 PM »
You appear happy enough so tell me how its done. I dont use this place much compared to others

Registration