The World's #1 Russian, Ukrainian & Eastern European Discussion & Information Forum - RUA!

This Is the Premier Discussion Forum on the Net for Information and Discussion about Russia, Ukraine, Eastern Europe and the Former Soviet Union. Discuss Culture, Politics, Travelling, Language, International Relationships and More. Chat with Travellers, Locals, Residents and Expats. Ask and Answer Questions about Travel, Culture, Relationships, Applying for Visas, Translators, Interpreters, and More. Give Advice, Read Trip Reports, Share Experiences and Make Friends.

Author Topic: More Threats from Trump  (Read 954 times)

Offline msmoby

• BANNED
  • BANNED
  • Spouses Country: Russia
  • Trips: 20+
More Threats from Trump
« on: January 23, 2020, 06:22:26 AM »
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7914287/Donald-Trump-slap-tariffs-UK-goods-UK-introduces-tech-tax-Google-Amazon.html

As an EU member having 650 million citizens, Trump would be foolish to counter a more to stop taxes being locally...

Like Trump will be scared of the UK going it alone..
I have never claimed to be a Blue Beret

Spurious claims about 'seeing action' with the Blue Berets are debunked >here<

Here is my Russophobia/Kremlinphobia topic

Offline Manny

Re: More Threats from Trump
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2020, 10:19:27 AM »
Like Trump will be scared of the UK going it alone..

I'm not to fussed about a trade deal with the US, we can continue as we are now.

I dont want lower quality food on our shelves and more US corporations feeding of us, paying no tax and exporting money.

No biggie. No need for your veiled EU propaganda.
Read a trip report from North Korea >>here<< - Read a trip report from South Korea, China and Hong Kong >>here<<

Look what the American media makes some people believe:
Putin often threatens to strike US with nuclear weapons.

Offline BillyB

• Trips: 10-20
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2020, 11:32:27 AM »

Macron agreed to back off the tech tax. Your European governments are looking to make more money and targeting American companies instead of raising citizens taxes. Trump is going to protect American companies. Hopefully you guys vote in people that cares about your country as much as Trump does for ours.

https://www.businessinsider.com/trump-macron-agree-ceasefire-tariffs-french-digital-tax-2020-1
Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776. If you want to stop the war in Ukraine, fix elections, stop medical tyranny and forced vaccinations, lower inflation and make America and the world a better place, get Trump back into power. The Democrats and Republicans have shown they can't do the job. They are good at robbing us and getting people killed in non stop wars.

Offline Manny

« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2020, 11:38:19 AM »
Your European governments are looking to make more money and targeting American companies instead of raising citizens taxes.

No.

Amazon, Google, eBay, Facebook, et al generate huge revenues here and pay almost no taxes because they funnel the income abroad. That needs to be corrected if they wish to operate here.

Boris will tax them. We are not a cow to be milked.
Read a trip report from North Korea >>here<< - Read a trip report from South Korea, China and Hong Kong >>here<<

Offline BillyB

« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2020, 12:10:32 PM »
Amazon, Google, eBay, Facebook, et al generate huge revenues here and pay almost no taxes because they funnel the income abroad. That needs to be corrected if they wish to operate here.

Don't they create jobs in the UK? If they get taxed too much in the UK but not at all in France, they will move their service centers to France. What is fair is open to interpretation. UK and American trade talks start in a few weeks. I'm sure at the end of the talks, UK will decide the taxes aren't fair. They can talk about it now and use it for leverage during negotiations though.
Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776. If you want to stop the war in Ukraine, fix elections, stop medical tyranny and forced vaccinations, lower inflation and make America and the world a better place, get Trump back into power. The Democrats and Republicans have shown they can't do the job. They are good at robbing us and getting people killed in non stop wars.

Offline Contrarian

• Trips: 1-5
« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2020, 03:27:45 PM »
Your European governments are looking to make more money and targeting American companies instead of raising citizens taxes.

No.

Tell that to Moby.  :laugh:

Offline msmoby

• BANNED
  • BANNED
« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2020, 12:56:08 AM »

No biggie. No need for your veiled EU propaganda.

))

What you refer to as 'EU propaganda' is you and I agreeing on a principle ..but you missing the point that that principle carrys more weight when it is 650 million rather than (approx.)  a tenth of that.

BoJo is full of it..

Example: We will stop householders having to sell their homes to get care

Reality: we will discuss this during the next five years..

I will post a list of fails in six months..

( if 'allowed'..)

Offline msmoby

• BANNED
  • BANNED
« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2020, 01:00:32 AM »

We are not a cow to be milked

Moby agrees on the principle that US corporations  SHOULD pay taxes on profits made here..

So, Cornfed... as ever...what ARE you gathering about?

Online rosco

• Supporting Member
« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2020, 04:02:54 AM »

No.

At the first sight of a negotiation or a bit of stress, Moby and his kind turn round, drop their pants and preach about how the UK is just a little island full of racists in the North Sea, who will perish without being governed by an undemocratic foreign body.

:dh:

Online rosco

• Supporting Member
« Reply #9 on: January 24, 2020, 07:59:43 AM »
The exception to that rule however, is when he’s looking to take advantage of any generosity or when he himself is looking to milk the very handout system, he fights so hard to keep!

Offline AvHdB

• Spouses Country: Ukraine, Kiev
« Reply #10 on: January 24, 2020, 08:06:57 AM »

I will post a list of fails in six months.

Yours?
“If you aren't in over your head, how do you know how tall you are?” T.S. Eliot

Online andrewfi

• Supporting Member
    • Articles About Almost Anything!
« Reply #11 on: January 24, 2020, 08:28:27 AM »
Billy, most of the jobs that these companies create are low-level, low pay and, increasingly, are not even jobs. Sometimes, the people who have the kind of employment offered are so poorly paid that they end up being net recipients of social support meaning that British taxpayers are subsidising the activities of the companies.

These companies funnel profits out of their host countries using all manner of ploys so that they do not pay taxes on almost all the profits they generate from their activities. That's wrong. Usually what they do is not illegal, but legality is not a sound indication of right! Closing loopholes that enable such activity is sensible and benefits all of us. Even your current president is trying to reduce the degree to which U.S corporations do this stuff in The Land Of The Free!
...everything ends always well; if it’s still bad, then it’s not the end!

Offline msmoby

• BANNED
  • BANNED
« Reply #12 on: January 24, 2020, 08:50:24 AM »

At the first sight of a negotiation or a bit of stress, Moby and his kind turn round, drop their pants and preach about how the UK is just a little island full of racists in the North Sea, who will perish without being governed by an undemocratic foreign body.

:dh:

:ROFL:

When we've a leader who makes promises that swiftly turn to dust .. you can BET ... I'm stressed ..

How is the Boris Bus, HS2, his stating a PM would be MAD to create a scenario whereby N.I was treated differently from the rest of the UK ( Nov'18) ?

The latest climb-down from the 'magic money tree' election promises is his promise to folks that might need to sell their home - to pay for care - will be looked at during the five years ..   

Offline Contrarian

« Reply #13 on: January 24, 2020, 11:52:11 AM »
The exception to that rule however, is when he’s looking to take advantage of any generosity or when he himself is looking to milk the very handout system, he fights so hard to keep!

That’s what I meant to say.  :coffeeread:

Offline cufflinks

• Supporting Member
« Reply #14 on: January 26, 2020, 03:53:04 PM »
BP and BAE (A top 100 USA Military Prime Contractor) are major generators of taxes to support the UK Social Safety Nets and the UK is one of the largest overseas investors in the USA mostly with free range in the USA regarding major investments - some of our local Electrical Utilities, for example, are owned by National Grid a UK Company.

As I have mentioned many times before be careful what you Brits wish for as far as punishing US Corporations - it goes both ways.

I am impressed that BAE builds the Hybrid Drive Systems on our new Gillig Hybrid CNG Buses - quite a smooth ride.

Perhaps you lot might even import some low carbon emissions Gillig Buses which are built with a full complement of Disabled Riders features - BAE is a major tech supplier.  Gillig buses are a California Company.  Just saying watch out what you wish for.

Offline msmoby

• BANNED
  • BANNED
« Reply #15 on: January 27, 2020, 01:08:34 AM »
))

Thanks, Mikey - for unthinkingly proving my point re what would be Britain's new place in the world ..  'W' are leaving the EU to be America's 'toy' ? ..

Offline AvHdB

• Spouses Country: Ukraine, Kiev
« Reply #16 on: February 06, 2020, 08:42:00 AM »
Sometimes I wish that D. Trump would consider what his administration proposes. Governments should execute plans and not legislate creative processes. Time is a far better judge.

https://news.artnet.com/art-world/trump-make-federal-buildings-beautiful-again-1770435
“If you aren't in over your head, how do you know how tall you are?” T.S. Eliot

Offline d672

• Supporting Member
  • Trips: 5-10
« Reply #17 on: February 06, 2020, 10:01:33 AM »
 After 3 1/2 years of seeing Trump in action you would think people would start to figure out his negotiation tactics. Trump always comes out shooting for the moon then comes back down to reality, this is no different. Don't worry, there will be no tariffs. Especially when they are starting fresh new trade deals.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7914287/Donald-Trump-slap-tariffs-UK-goods-UK-introduces-tech-tax-Google-Amazon.html

It came as it was revealed Mr Johnson will publish his plans to negotiate post-Brexit EU and US trade deals on the same day in a bid to put pressure on Brussels and stop the bloc dragging its feet.

Good strategy on Boris's part, use them against each other. Unlike some people he sees he is in the driver's seat on this one and is using that to his advantage. Ahhhh the freedom of not being shackled down by someone else's rules and being in control of your own destiny, how sweet it is!

Offline NS1

• Supporting Member
  • Trips: 5-10
« Reply #18 on: February 06, 2020, 10:16:06 AM »
After 3 1/2 years of seeing Trump in action you would think people would start to figure out his negotiation tactics. Trump always comes out shooting for the moon then comes back down to reality, this is no different. Don't worry, there will be no tariffs. Especially when they are starting fresh new trade deals.

It came as it was revealed Mr Johnson will publish his plans to negotiate post-Brexit EU and US trade deals on the same day in a bid to put pressure on Brussels and stop the bloc dragging its feet.

Good strategy on Boris's part, use them against each other. Unlike some people he sees he is in the driver's seat on this one and is using that to his advantage. Ahhhh the freedom of not being shackled down by someone else's rules and being in control of your own destiny, how sweet it is!

your right he does, but every deal he re- negotiates  is better for the US than the previous deal.
It's how much will he get from anyone country. US spends more dollars than any other country.
its not just what UK buys from amazon etc. its what it sells back.

Canada just went through this, our deal is good, but not as good for Canada as the last one,
same thing he did to China. UK and US will figure out a deal that they can both live with.
Some areas you win, some you lose, fair or not its how it works.

There is nothing permanent except change.

Offline cufflinks

• Supporting Member
« Reply #19 on: February 15, 2020, 09:46:34 AM »
))

Thanks, Mikey - for unthinkingly proving my point re what would be Britain's new place in the world ..  'W' are leaving the EU to be America's 'toy' ? ..

You "unthinking" xenophobe GBers need to get past your ubiquitous and arrogant everpresant British Air of Superiority and realize it is 2020 and to compete against a voracious predatory Mercantilist Communist Red Chinese belt and road China 2025 world dominance strategy you need to get over youselves and stop looking gift horses in the mouth...  We tend to think fondly of our mother country cousins and give your firms more than equal access to our key markets like BAE being a top 100 US defense contractor for example... The tech stem biomed and fintech and financial services ops in the USA are tremendous and we would rather have GB h1b skilled talent here than India and China workers with less than comprehensible English language proficiency.

Unlike the EU 4th Reich and Chicomms we actually make it quite easy via SWIFT to repatriate you tech and services profits from the USA back to GB and Canada one of your subject Commonwealth realms.

Of course demented haters will always hate.

###

Offline msmoby

• BANNED
  • BANNED
« Reply #20 on: February 15, 2020, 10:12:51 AM »

Of course demented haters will always hate.

Mikey, I believe I'm becoming quite an expert re Dementia .. I judge folks by what they DO .. rather than what they say ..  You do a lot of 'saying'...  not much doing ..on the RU adventures front;)

In the mean time, BoJo has had a spat with 'Trampu' over Huawei and looks like he will tap the magic money tree ( getting rid of those who tell him , "we can't afford it" )  and build HS2 with Chinese Trains ..

One cannot hate 'Trampu' or those that believe he is the reason the economy is still growing - one CAN wonder . but then the UK has just proven it didn't have much quality in the leadership stakes, either

Offline msmoby

• BANNED
  • BANNED
« Reply #21 on: February 15, 2020, 10:18:08 AM »
BTW Mikey, this 'xenophobe' is a Brit - rather than a GBer and also can wear an Irish hat .. I am not resident in either nation and my wife isn't Irish / British ..

How cosmo does one have to be to qualify as a xeno 'philic' in Mikey's world .. ? :coffeeread:

Offline Manny

« Reply #22 on: February 16, 2020, 10:20:34 AM »
BTW Mikey, this 'xenophobe' is a Brit - rather than a GBer

You were a flag flying European EUer last week.

Offline msmoby

• BANNED
  • BANNED
« Reply #23 on: February 16, 2020, 11:13:37 PM »
BTW Mikey, this 'xenophobe' is a Brit - rather than a GBer

You were a flag flying European EUer last week.

Nothing's changed ..

I'm a rejoiner, now

Registration