The World's #1 Russian, Ukrainian & Eastern European Discussion & Information Forum - RUA!

This Is the Premier Discussion Forum on the Net for Information and Discussion about Russia, Ukraine, Eastern Europe and the Former Soviet Union. Discuss Culture, Politics, Travelling, Language, International Relationships and More. Chat with Travellers, Locals, Residents and Expats. Ask and Answer Questions about Travel, Culture, Relationships, Applying for Visas, Translators, Interpreters, and More. Give Advice, Read Trip Reports, Share Experiences and Make Friends.

Author Topic: Huawei  (Read 3629 times)

Offline Texan77

• Trips: 20+
Re: Huawei
« Reply #25 on: February 17, 2020, 08:41:56 PM »
5G is very dangerous to animal and human life. It could literally be used for mass population control. Of course the Chinese want to build such a thing in the West!

Yea try selling USA made 5G stuff in China and see what happens. Remember Huawei is not a private business it is a Chinese government own business. It will be hard for us to have a close military relationship with any body using Huawei 5G systems. Why not buy something made from South Korea, Germany, Japan, or other pro western country? 5G will be able to give up huge amounts of personal information and movements on nearly every person in the country including military personal, and government officials. I truly doubt if Russia wants to used it.
3) There has been no "threat" to invade Ukraine. The US invented that and fed it to a complicit media.

Offline cufflinks

• Supporting Member
  • Trips: 1-5
« Reply #26 on: February 17, 2020, 10:02:42 PM »
The truth about the CCP, Huawei, 5G, asymmetric cyber war and world domination...

Offline Manny

• Spouses Country: Russia
« Reply #27 on: February 18, 2020, 12:38:15 AM »
Read a trip report from North Korea >>here<< - Read a trip report from South Korea, China and Hong Kong >>here<<

Look what the American media makes some people believe:
Putin often threatens to strike US with nuclear weapons.

Online Markje

• MCMLXXIV
    • Mark's unix pages
  • Spouses Country: Crimea
« Reply #28 on: February 18, 2020, 12:45:10 AM »
I am sure it is real. The U.S has been doing its best to strongarm its 'allies' into rejecting Huawei.

How do we know that the 'concerns' of the U.S are political and not real?

If their concerns were real then they'd have no problem persuading allies such as the UK to reject Huawei.

We haven't - not even with threats of various sanctions.

This.

https://news.slashdot.org/story/20/02/18/0033250/us-mulls-cutting-huawei-off-from-global-chip-suppliers

If this plan continues, it will alienate the rest of the world from the USA even more. People think they have sovereignty in their own countries and no other country is going to tell them whom to sell their own goods to.

It will only succeed in making american businesses weaker compared to their competitors in Europe/China/Taiwan.
OO===[][]===OO
My first trip to my wife: To Evpatoria!
My road trip to Crimea: Roadtrip to Evpatoria

Online Markje

• MCMLXXIV
    • Mark's unix pages
  • Spouses Country: Crimea
« Reply #29 on: February 18, 2020, 12:50:36 AM »
In fact, I already know a few businesses that will *not* hire americans in netherlands because of the hassle with american taxes.
OO===[][]===OO
My first trip to my wife: To Evpatoria!
My road trip to Crimea: Roadtrip to Evpatoria

Online andrewfi

• Supporting Member
    • Articles About Almost Anything!
« Reply #30 on: February 18, 2020, 01:42:45 AM »
Whether or not Huawei survives this war being conducted upon it, the United States is going to lose.

The pattern of self enforced isolation which was, a few years ago, fact based speculation on my part is now becoming clear. The United States is moving its self isolation policies outside of currency and now onto trade and technology.

A few years ago it was easy to pooh-pooh people like myself who were early to see the pattern. Now it is becoming hard to ignore the obvious.

This is not a thing that happens overnight, but a process. There will be an inflection point though. After that point is reached change will be rapid. But, like peak oil - we won't know the inflection point has been reached until afterward.
...everything ends always well; if it’s still bad, then it’s not the end!

Offline cufflinks

• Supporting Member
« Reply #31 on: February 18, 2020, 07:24:57 AM »
Just look and see the Tory grandees appointed to the board of Huawei UK...starting with Lord Brown, Dame Helen Alexander and Sir Andrew Cahn....(BP, CBI and UK Trade and Investment). Noses in trough come before UK National Security...  A comment by the Blue Lobstah on Breitbart...

Interesting that Oz sides with the USA while UK and EU communists side with their Beijing pay masters.
https://www.breitbart.com/europe/2020/02/18/boris-row-trump-over-huawei-intensifies-australian-mps-cancel-uk-visit/

###

Online andrewfi

• Supporting Member
« Reply #32 on: February 18, 2020, 08:36:59 AM »
Cufflinks, you claim to be a business whizz and then you come out with unknowing rubbish like that!

Have a look at how the boards of British companies are set up and get back to us with what you learn.

Then for shits and giggles, why not tell us how these people were able to influence the British Prime Minister - avoid vague fantasies, demonstrate some links. There's a good chap!

And yes, it is quite normal, as in the United States to stuff the boards of businesses with those who might be useful. People with skills and connections. Businesses would be failing in their duty if they did not do so.

What can be seen is that some governments have succumbed to threats from the U.S president and his aides. For them, there's no 'loss' because they may well see themselves as being no worse off in security terms by going along with the U.S... This tends to strengthen the case that the attacks on Huawei are politically motivated because the British government, as with the Australians and others is no worse off secituty-wise by going along with these false claims.

It is beyond credibility that the Brtish government, or any other, would deliberately compromise national security interests just to be able to buy from the lowest bidder. In my view, anyone who suggests that to be the case is not thinking, probably can't think.

Offline cufflinks

• Supporting Member
« Reply #33 on: February 18, 2020, 10:53:45 AM »
Clearly your expat longing for your ancient Redcoats enforced empire  and vaunted airs of British Superiority has prevented you from learning from the China Strategy video I shared above.  Buying politicians is something the predatory Red Dragon has been doing for decades with million$ to Bill & Hillary's Crime Cartel and $1.5 Billion to the Quid Pro Joe and Hunter Crime family direct from the Bank of China with the Chinese Govt their partners. 

So surprised the British tabloids and investigative reporters have not disclosed both the UK liberals and conservatives paid "consulting fees" by HUAWEI ?????

This is in fact the CCP's SOP.

Offline Contrarian

« Reply #34 on: February 18, 2020, 11:34:25 AM »
https://www.swissinfo.ch/eng/reuters/harvard-and-yale-universities-investigated-for-possible-non-disclosure-of-foreign-money/45555900

He thought himself above the law....

https://boston.cbslocal.com/2020/01/28/massachusetts-china-indictments-charles-lieber-yanqing-ye-zaosong-zheng/

So over the pond you must declare any relationship with China? It is unclear what the prof actually did wrong, if anything.

Yes it must be declared. He’s been getting paid 50K a month by a foreign government.

One of his assistants tried to smuggle some bio hazards out of the USA.

“The second indictment is a Chinese national who was working as a researcher at Boston University. Lelling said Yanqing Ye is a lieutenant of the Chinese military, but failed to disclose that while applying for a U.S. visa. Ye is currently in China and has not been arrested.

“A border search of her electronic devices showed that Ye had complied information for the People’s Liberation Army about two U.S. residents with expertise in robotics and computer science,” said Lelling.

Boston University said Ye left the school in April 2019 and they are fully cooperating with the investigation.

The third indictment is Chinese national Zaosong Zheng who was sponsored by Harvard and working as a researcher at Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center. He was allegedly caught at Logan Airport in December trying to smuggle biological material out of the country”.

Offline Manny

« Reply #35 on: February 18, 2020, 01:59:55 PM »
Yes but what “biological material”? A banana? Why don’t they say?

Sounds like the prof is a political fall guy.

And those Chinese, well you lot gave them visas.  :coffeeread:
Read a trip report from North Korea >>here<< - Read a trip report from South Korea, China and Hong Kong >>here<<

Look what the American media makes some people believe:
Putin often threatens to strike US with nuclear weapons.

Offline cufflinks

• Supporting Member
« Reply #36 on: February 18, 2020, 02:57:21 PM »
Manny what your Beijing bros are glossing over is that BU aka Boston University is the site of the largest BSL4 biosafety defense research lab in the New England area which is swarming with thousands of main land China intellectual property espionage "Students" who all report their efforts to the CCP consulate continuously.

The Harvard professor had a $15 Million dollar classified research grant from The U.S. Government so at minimum was in violation of his NDA and non-compete agreement and at worst case is guilty of espionage and treason eligible for a military tribunal and firing squad.  So imagine one of your own double agent traitors and how you lot disposed of them...  Bloody aye sport take off you Red Chinese Communist rose colored glasses and get real unless you want to see blighty turned into one giant Chinese take away.... Well when the CCP absorbs the UK they know how to deal with all the Islamist terrorists you lot welcomed with milk and honey and biscuits and open arms.

Offline NS1

• Supporting Member
  • Trips: 5-10
« Reply #37 on: February 18, 2020, 03:35:47 PM »
A few folks here don't like the old US of A
But lets ask a simple question,
what if the fears are real.
that huawei 5g system can track and secure data
from back end. Would it not be prudent for any military
to not use this system?

I realize all of us are being tracked with everything we do.
But our secrets, whatever they might be, would be wise to keep secret?
There is nothing permanent except change.

Online andrewfi

• Supporting Member
« Reply #38 on: February 18, 2020, 03:40:42 PM »
Hardly a question of like or do not like.

But, NS1 you do rather answer your own question don't you.

Yes, the UK and other states would not want to have data tracked by ANY other government. We already know as does the UK and Germany that the USA already does that - and that's not going to change.

However, if the U.S. could demonstrate to the UK, Germany and others that Huawei was doing as is is being claimed then they'd not want to have another data sucking spy system.

If the U.S could make a convincing case they would do so and other countries would go along with the U.S in its war against Huawei.

Offline NS1

• Supporting Member
« Reply #39 on: February 18, 2020, 03:43:49 PM »
Well the Aussies took it seriously
Canada is at least looking at it,
I suspect we don't and won't know all.
Sorta how the security world works.

But I suspect there is something to it, question is how much.
next question if not 100 % sure can we afford to take the risk?

I believe there is a lot more to this than us average folks will ever know or hear.
Be interesting to see where it goes. at end of day, we will use what we have access to.

Offline NS1

• Supporting Member
« Reply #40 on: February 18, 2020, 03:47:48 PM »
Well the Aussies took it seriously
Canada is at least looking at it,
I suspect we don't and won't know all.
Sorta how the security world works.

But I suspect there is something to it, question is how much.
next question if not 100 % sure can we afford to take the risk?

I believe there is a lot more to this than us average folks will ever know or hear.
Be interesting to see where it goes. at end of day, we will use what we have access to.

Edit: As for who likes or doesn't like the US, has it not been said for years
most don't care for the yanks? But as long as they spend as much as they do,
they will control a certain part of the world economy. They were slowly sliding with China catching
them, but the last couple of years, that has retracted somewhat. yes?

Offline BillyB

• Trips: 10-20
« Reply #41 on: February 18, 2020, 07:15:43 PM »
A few folks here don't like the old US of A
But lets ask a simple question,
what if the fears are real.
that huawei 5g system can track and secure data
from back end. Would it not be prudent for any military
to not use this system?

Our allies figure if the enemy knows their every move and is kicking their ass, America will come and rescue them. For now they want to save money and buy Chinese. They're willing to give up security for liberty. Fortunately I believe the UK government is smarter than some here and will not allow Huawei equipment to be used in the government, military, and intelligence level. Who cares if the Chinese learns who's having an affair among the average UK citizens? The Chinese scammers can threaten to rat those people out unless paid big bucks.
Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776. If you want to stop the war in Ukraine, fix elections, stop medical tyranny and forced vaccinations, lower inflation and make America and the world a better place, get Trump back into power. The Democrats and Republicans have shown they can't do the job. They are good at robbing us and getting people killed in non stop wars.

Offline Contrarian

What You Have Been Missing!
« Reply #42 on: February 22, 2020, 05:28:03 PM »
Danger Will Rogers, Danger!

Weiner is an employee and advisor to the FDA, is considered a DNA technology expert and pioneered a new DNA transference method called electroporation – a microbiology technique which uses an electrical pulse to create temporary pores in cell membranes through which substances like chemicals, drugs or DNA can be introduced into the cell. This technique can be used to administer DNA vaccines, which inject foreign DNA into a host’s cells that changes the host’s DNA. This means if you take a DNA vaccine, you are allowing your DNA to be changed!

https://thefreedomarticles.com/coronavirus-5g-connection-coverup-vaccines-transhumanism/?owa_medium=feed&owa_sid=

Offline msmoby

• BANNED
  • BANNED
« Reply #43 on: February 23, 2020, 12:02:03 AM »
Hardly a question of like or do not like.

But, NS1 you do rather answer your own question don't you.

Yes, the UK and other states would not want to have data tracked by ANY other government. We already know as does the UK and Germany that the USA already does that - and that's not going to change.

However, if the U.S. could demonstrate to the UK, Germany and others that Huawei was doing as is is being claimed then they'd not want to have another data sucking spy system.

If the U.S could make a convincing case they would do so and other countries would go along with the U.S in its war against Huawei.

Andrewfi, other countries ARE going along with the US in it's war against Huawei

It's still pretty clear than most do not understand firmware - if one reveals one's firmware source code ..and Huawei HAVE allowed GCHQ access to same - one can judge the security issues.

ALL that has been proven is that Huawei kit had some security weaknesses

https://www.theregister.co.uk/2019/03/28/hcsec_huawei_oversight_board_savaging_annual_report/

This poster first came across Huawei switches ( network interchange points)  in 2013 as an 'imaginary friend' warned me back then NOT to supply them to clients as they might have dodgy firmware that would allow the kit to monitor or be remotely controlled to interrupt the flow of data - and that he - a telco - would never sacrifice security by saving money and insisted in using CISCO

Going on for eight years later, I've yet to hear of  reliability issues  - but I expect Huawei kit is more scrutinised that it's competitors ..I wonder if the likes of Cisco have allowed GCHQ access to their firmware source code ?

I have never claimed to be a Blue Beret

Spurious claims about 'seeing action' with the Blue Berets are debunked >here<

Here is my Russophobia/Kremlinphobia topic

Offline msmoby

• BANNED
  • BANNED
Re: What You Have Been Missing!
« Reply #44 on: February 23, 2020, 12:24:34 AM »

Weiner is an employee and advisor to the FDA, is considered a DNA technology expert and pioneered a new DNA transference method called electroporation – a microbiology technique which uses an electrical pulse to create temporary pores in cell membranes through which substances like chemicals, drugs or DNA can be introduced into the cell. This technique can be used to administer DNA vaccines, which inject foreign DNA into a host’s cells that changes the host’s DNA. This means if you take a DNA vaccine, you are allowing your DNA to be changed!

https://thefreedomarticles.com/coronavirus-5g-connection-coverup-vaccines-transhumanism/?owa_medium=feed&owa_sid=

1/ WHAT has this got to do with Huawei ?

2/ Why do you feel the need to prove your IGNORANCE of human biology .. ?  WHY copy and paste stuff which demonstrates you haven't got the first clue what you're telling us to be scared off ?

An explanation of how DNA vaccines work ..

https://www.who.int/biologicals/areas/vaccines/dna/en/

As a kid, I'm sure your Ma and Pa happily allowed you to be injected with other form of vaccine that works on the principle of giving you a mild form of a sickness ..

A 'naughty' firm might make a vaccine that did not contain an attenuated form - but a virulent one ... but has it happened

Offline Contrarian

Re: What You Have Been Missing!
« Reply #45 on: February 23, 2020, 08:57:29 PM »

1/ WHAT has this got to do with Huawei ?

2/ Why do you feel the need to prove your IGNORANCE of human biology .. ?  WHY copy and paste stuff which demonstrates you haven't got the first clue what you're telling us to be scared off ?

An explanation of how DNA vaccines work ..

https://www.who.int/biologicals/areas/vaccines/dna/en/

As a kid, I'm sure your Ma and Pa happily allowed you to be injected with other form of vaccine that works on the principle of giving you a mild form of a sickness ..

A 'naughty' firm might make a vaccine that did not contain an attenuated form - but a virulent one ... but has it happened

Moby why must you pollute every thread with your drivel? Vaccines have been proven to be very dangerous and there is also a proven link with autism.

Ignorance indeed. Keep your head buried in the sand, DURAK.

Offline msmoby

• BANNED
  • BANNED
« Reply #46 on: February 24, 2020, 03:20:57 AM »
5G is very dangerous to animal and human life. It could literally be used for mass population control. Of course the Chinese want to build such a thing in the West!

Help...

Cornfed has been reading from his reliable scientific sources, AGAIN..

5G will need more transmitters .. it does not mean they are more powerful or penetrative...

Online andrewfi

• Supporting Member
« Reply #47 on: February 24, 2020, 07:13:39 AM »
Mystic Moby, go and read what I wrote. Then you will understand that you were actually agreeing with what I wrote.

Don't let your prejudices blind you.

Online andrewfi

• Supporting Member
« Reply #48 on: February 24, 2020, 07:23:32 AM »
Confederate, have a little think, get out a piece of paper and a pen. Then you can work out just how dangerous vaccines are.

Here's a brief list of some vaccines that have saved millions of lives:
Smallpox, tuberculosis, polio, measles, influenza. You can easily learn how many people used to die from these diseases. Now tell us how many people are claimed to have died as the result of vaccination.
You can work out the numbers as a percentage. You can then tell us just how dangerous vaccines are.

Hint: the answer is very safe, not dangerous, particularly in comparison to the danger from not using vaccination to eradicate or control these illnesses.

Facts, they can be very inconvenient - they overpower ignorance every time.

Offline Contrarian

« Reply #49 on: February 24, 2020, 09:44:21 AM »
Confederate, have a little think, get out a piece of paper and a pen. Then you can work out just how dangerous vaccines are.

Here's a brief list of some vaccines that have saved millions of lives:
Smallpox, tuberculosis, polio, measles, influenza. You can easily learn how many people used to die from these diseases. Now tell us how many people are claimed to have died as the result of vaccination.
You can work out the numbers as a percentage. You can then tell us just how dangerous vaccines are.

Hint: the answer is very safe, not dangerous, particularly in comparison to the danger from not using vaccination to eradicate or control these illnesses.

Facts, they can be very inconvenient - they overpower ignorance every time.

Lives saved from improvements in hygiene etc.

Have you ever read the warnings and disclaimers on a vaccination?

There needs to be more research on these, not blind obedience.

Registration