The World's #1 Russian, Ukrainian & Eastern European Discussion & Information Forum - RUA!

This Is the Premier Discussion Forum on the Net for Information and Discussion about Russia, Ukraine, Eastern Europe and the Former Soviet Union. Discuss Culture, Politics, Travelling, Language, International Relationships and More. Chat with Travellers, Locals, Residents and Expats. Ask and Answer Questions about Travel, Culture, Relationships, Applying for Visas, Translators, Interpreters, and More. Give Advice, Read Trip Reports, Share Experiences and Make Friends.

Author Topic: Hmm.. moving the chess board about ?  (Read 3211 times)

Offline msmoby

• BANNED
  • BANNED
  • Spouses Country: Russia
  • Trips: 20+
Hmm.. moving the chess board about ?
« on: January 15, 2020, 06:42:23 AM »
Russian government resigns, announces PM Medvedev, following President Putin's State-of-the-Nation Address https://www.rt.com/russia/478340-government-resigns-russia-putin-medvedev/
I have never claimed to be a Blue Beret

Spurious claims about 'seeing action' with the Blue Berets are debunked >here<

Here is my Russophobia/Kremlinphobia topic

Offline dcguyusa

• Spouses Country: North America, South America, Europe, Asia
  • Trips: None Yet
Re: Hmm.. moving the chess board about ?
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2020, 03:15:58 PM »
Order your set today.   :ROFL:

https://www.chess2020.com/
An uninformed opponent is a dangerous opponent.

"Y'all be makin shit up" ~ Markeith Loyd

Offline Manny

« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2020, 03:49:40 PM »
I read several news articles on this today while travelling and it still isn’t entirely clear what is going on. Can anyone elucidate?
Read a trip report from North Korea >>here<< - Read a trip report from South Korea, China and Hong Kong >>here<<

Look what the American media makes some people believe:
Putin often threatens to strike US with nuclear weapons.

Offline msmoby

• BANNED
  • BANNED
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2020, 04:11:52 AM »
Well,

VVP announced proposed a change in the constitution - followed by these 'resignations' ..

It's clearly an attempt to keep the reigns of power and exclude 'rivals' .. ( example) those who might not have lived in Russia for the last 25 years .. those with residency elsewhere

Online Markje

• MCMLXXIV
    • Mark's unix pages
  • Spouses Country: Crimea
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2020, 06:06:14 AM »
I read several news articles on this today while travelling and it still isn’t entirely clear what is going on. Can anyone elucidate?

Putin wants to stay in power after 2024.

Putin pushes much of the presidents power to the Duma. (happened yesterday)
Putin has a KGB-sock-puppet be the head of the Duma until he resigns in 2024 (as required by law)
Putin Rules from the duma and the new prez becomes a sock puppet. (prolly medvedev, which is why he's being put in a media-quiet place now).

OO===[][]===OO
My first trip to my wife: To Evpatoria!
My road trip to Crimea: Roadtrip to Evpatoria

Offline Manny

Read a trip report from North Korea >>here<< - Read a trip report from South Korea, China and Hong Kong >>here<<

Offline BillyB

• Trips: 10-20
« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2020, 06:54:18 PM »

Russian President can serve two consecutive terms, correct? Let's say Putin finishes his Presidency and becomes Prime Minister again, can he go back and do another two terms as President? If so, as Prime Minister, he may shift power back to the presidency before becoming President again.

Does anybody believe these recent government changes is strictly for the benefit of Russia to give the economy a boost and not for Putin?
Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776. If you want to stop the war in Ukraine, fix elections, stop medical tyranny and forced vaccinations, lower inflation and make America and the world a better place, get Trump back into power. The Democrats and Republicans have shown they can't do the job. They are good at robbing us and getting people killed in non stop wars.

Online Markje

• MCMLXXIV
    • Mark's unix pages
  • Spouses Country: Crimea
« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2020, 02:11:16 PM »

Russian President can serve two consecutive terms, correct? Let's say Putin finishes his Presidency and becomes Prime Minister again, can he go back and do another two terms as President? If so, as Prime Minister, he may shift power back to the presidency before becoming President again.

Does anybody believe these recent government changes is strictly for the benefit of Russia to give the economy a boost and not for Putin?

If old age isn' slowing him down then yes, putin very much can become president again after having been Prime minister. (Just read up on medvedev-1, it will be a replay of those things).
OO===[][]===OO
My first trip to my wife: To Evpatoria!
My road trip to Crimea: Roadtrip to Evpatoria

Offline BillyB

« Reply #8 on: January 19, 2020, 02:17:44 PM »

If old age isn' slowing him down then yes, putin very much can become president again after having been Prime minister. (Just read up on medvedev-1, it will be a replay of those things).

When Medvedev was President, he let Putin call the shots. Medvedev isn't going to be around anymore. Probably why Putin now wants to transfer power to the Prime Minister position before he takes the position. He may not have confidence the next Russian president will cooperate as much as Medvedev did.
Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776. If you want to stop the war in Ukraine, fix elections, stop medical tyranny and forced vaccinations, lower inflation and make America and the world a better place, get Trump back into power. The Democrats and Republicans have shown they can't do the job. They are good at robbing us and getting people killed in non stop wars.

Offline 2tallbill

« Reply #9 on: January 19, 2020, 02:41:47 PM »
Putin Says He Doesn’t Want Return to Soviet-Era Lifetime Leaders
https://finance.yahoo.com/news/putin-says-doesn-t-want-160026480.html
FSUW are not for entry level daters. FSUW don't do vague FSUW like a man of action so be a man of action  If you find a promising girl, get your butt on a plane. There are a hundred ways to be successful and a thousand ways to f#ck it up
Kiss the girl, don't ask her first.
Get an apartment not a hotel. DON'T recycle girls

Offline BillyB

« Reply #10 on: January 19, 2020, 07:13:36 PM »
Putin Says He Doesn’t Want Return to Soviet-Era Lifetime Leaders
https://finance.yahoo.com/news/putin-says-doesn-t-want-160026480.html

Putin also said Russia didn't shoot down MH17 and there were no Russian troops in Ukraine. Putin said the Russians that were there followed their hearts. I guess the tanks and BUK missile system followed their hearts too.

Offline 2tallbill

« Reply #11 on: January 20, 2020, 09:30:31 AM »
Putin also said Russia didn't shoot down MH17 and there were no Russian troops in Ukraine. Putin said the Russians that were there followed their hearts. I guess the tanks and BUK missile system followed their hearts too.

What's your point?

What Putin says is news that's why I posted it. I have no more ability
to determine the veracity of what he says from day to day than you do.

FSUW are not for entry level daters. FSUW don't do vague FSUW like a man of action so be a man of action  If you find a promising girl, get your butt on a plane. There are a hundred ways to be successful and a thousand ways to f#ck it up

Offline BillyB

« Reply #12 on: January 20, 2020, 02:13:16 PM »
What's your point?

The point is Putin makes a lot of statements that aren't true.

Offline 2tallbill

« Reply #13 on: January 21, 2020, 10:45:28 AM »

Valid point.

Offline Manny

« Reply #14 on: January 21, 2020, 02:52:27 PM »

Valid point.

I disagree. He is more honest than most leaders in fact. Usually when he says a thing, it is true I find.

Offline BillyB

« Reply #15 on: January 21, 2020, 03:37:33 PM »
Putin became President of Russia in 2000. He says he doesn't want to return to Soviet Era lifetime leaders but he's ran the country longer than any Soviet leader with the exception of Stalin. What Putin says and does are two different things. When Putin finishes his term in 2024, he will have tied Stalin for the leader running the country the longest. If he takes the more powerful Prime Minister position that he's now creating after he finishes the Presidency in 2024, he will be Russia's leader longer than Stalin was the leader for the USSR.

Vladimir Lenin (1912–1924)
Joseph Stalin (1929–1953)
Nikita Khrushchev (1953–1964)
Leonid Brezhnev (1964–1982)
Yuri Andropov (1982–1984)
Konstantin Chernenko (1984–1985)
Mikhail Gorbachev (1985–1991)

Offline Manny

« Reply #16 on: January 22, 2020, 12:59:06 AM »
Can you think of a better president that could replace him? I can't.

Maybe they could get a soap star like Ukraine, or a reality TV star like the US. Or here's one: Why dont they get a serious bloke who knows what he is doing and is a proper patriot. Oh, they did already.  :coffeeread:

Online Omega1982

• Spouses Country: Not determined / USA
  • Trips: 5-10
« Reply #17 on: January 22, 2020, 02:20:10 AM »

Maybe they could get a soap star like Ukraine, or a reality TV star like the US. Or here's one: Why dont they get a serious bloke who knows what he is doing and is a proper patriot. Oh, they did already.  :coffeeread:

Maladetz tavarish! 

Offline msmoby

• BANNED
  • BANNED
« Reply #18 on: January 22, 2020, 02:53:28 AM »

NOT a 'surprise' - given your 'knowledge' of any potential 'player' is from a 'source' the currrent leadership permits ...

A 'patriot' ...

Yes, that's what you are if you love your country and agree with the course the current leadership is taking .. if you do not agree ... why aren't you still a patriot ? 

'THEY' aren't allowed the candidates who might actually win

Online rosco

• Supporting Member
« Reply #19 on: January 22, 2020, 04:08:28 AM »

NOT a 'surprise' - given your 'knowledge' of any potential 'player' is from a 'source' the currrent leadership permits ...

A 'patriot' ...

Yes, that's what you are if you love your country and agree with the course the current leadership is taking .. if you do not agree ... why aren't you still a patriot ? 

'THEY' aren't allowed the candidates who might actually win

OK Moby enough of the baiting. Tell us, who's your better qualified candidate to replace Putin and why?  :coffeeread:

Offline msmoby

• BANNED
  • BANNED
« Reply #20 on: January 22, 2020, 04:18:42 AM »

OK Moby enough of the baiting. Tell us, who's your better qualified candidate to replace Putin and why?  :coffeeread:

The Russian people should be allowed to choose and THEY can decide .. This latest stunt is to ensure otherwise

Online rosco

• Supporting Member
« Reply #21 on: January 22, 2020, 08:01:45 AM »

The Russian people should be allowed to choose and THEY can decide .. This latest stunt is to ensure otherwise

You're quite vocal with your anti Putin views. I was simply asking, who are these better candidates that some people talk about?

Offline 2tallbill

« Reply #22 on: January 22, 2020, 09:03:39 AM »
I disagree. He is more honest than most leaders in fact. Usually when he says a thing, it is true I find.

Of course you do.

Offline Manny

« Reply #23 on: January 22, 2020, 12:04:06 PM »

Of course you do.

How's the wall between you and Mexico coming along? Or the withdrawal of troops from overseas and fewer wars and military engagements?

*Crickets and snoring*   :Zzzzsleep:

On the other hand, Putin said:

"We will build a bridge between Crimea and Kerch"

*activity commences*

Result:

Like I said, when he says a thing, it is generally true.  :coffeeread:

Offline BillyB

« Reply #24 on: January 22, 2020, 01:57:45 PM »

Who's qualified to replace Putin? Plenty of people who will stabilize Ukraine and get sanctions removed from Russia. Strengthen Russia's Ruble. Improve trade and economy. Anybody that will take action to remove mafia influence in government and business. Anybody that will create such a wonderful environment in Russia that Syrian refugees prefer Russia over Europe.

But we are past the point of asking who's better to lead Russia and should be asking who's next. Term limits benefit Russia and when those rules are tossed, the one that tossed out the rules certainly isn't best for Russia.

Registration