The World's #1 Russian, Ukrainian & Eastern European Discussion & Information Forum - RUA!

This Is the Premier Discussion Forum on the Net for Information and Discussion about Russia, Ukraine, Eastern Europe and the Former Soviet Union. Discuss Culture, Politics, Travelling, Language, International Relationships and More. Chat with Travellers, Locals, Residents and Expats. Ask and Answer Questions about Travel, Culture, Relationships, Applying for Visas, Translators, Interpreters, and More. Give Advice, Read Trip Reports, Share Experiences and Make Friends.

Author Topic: Trouble with the Royals  (Read 8681 times)

Offline Contrarian

• Trips: 1-5
Re: Trouble with the Royals
« Reply #50 on: January 26, 2020, 12:07:50 PM »
In the history of the World this is likely the first time a woman has kissed a Prince and turned him into a frog.  :chuckle:

Offline AvHdB

• Spouses Country: Ukraine, Kiev
  • Trips: 20+
« Reply #51 on: January 26, 2020, 01:13:22 PM »
how do you Brits feel about Harry marrying an American gal?

I think most people have a problem with a royal marrying a divorcee, not an American. The last time a British royal married an American divorcee, he gave up his crown.

From that period of history.

There once was a King named Ed
Who with Ms Simpson went to bed
After knowing the sensation
Said to hell with the coronation
Let me brother be King instead.
“If you aren't in over your head, how do you know how tall you are?” T.S. Eliot

Offline Manny

• Spouses Country: Russia
« Reply #52 on: January 26, 2020, 05:26:05 PM »
Diana was frowned upon for consorting with an Egyptian (she had a relationship with an Indian or Pakistani doctor as well IIRC).

But I'd suggest a fair chunk of Brits - if asked - would prefer to see a prince marry a nice white girl from a well-heeled family. As Kate was.

Jeez,

This post says it all  about EVERYTHING that is wrong about the 'fair chunk' ..

Perhaps, but they exist.

Most of the people bothered about the royals are older folk I'd say. The views and prejudices of that generation does not fade away because the BBC tells them they should. Those views are entrenched in a fair chunk of society right across the class spectrum, and certainly well embedded in the aristocracy.

No one sane would suggest that it’s “prejudiced” that the Japanese Emperor was expected to marry a Japanese Princess, why is it considered prejudiced by some that an English Prince marry an actual English woman, which also means white?

It took a thousand years for England to become what it is and for the people to become who they are, and you’re worried about the opinions of subversive jerks who want to destroy you from within? Eff that. They’re never going to respect you to begin with and they respect you even less when weak characters in society fall for their PC Commie crap.

Well.... yes and no..

I believe if the ginger lad loves the half caste American girl then he should marry her if he wants to - as he did. Who are we to tell him he can't?

Ethnicity used to be a barrier - I don't think it is much any more. Nobody really cares that much about that now. Culture is more of an issue now. What white bloke would want his daughter marrying into the Muslims? I wouldn't. 

So as a white guy you like white Russian women you think? You might not like Africans but what about the Asiatic looking Russian speaking women from Kazakhstan?

Look at this girl in our sidebar from Ukraine. Can you be sure she hasn't got Arabic blood in her? Would you say she is a 100% white girl? Would you think less of her if she wasn't? If so, why?
Read a trip report from North Korea >>here<< - Read a trip report from South Korea, China and Hong Kong >>here<<

Look what the American media makes some people believe:
Putin often threatens to strike US with nuclear weapons.

Offline Contrarian

« Reply #53 on: January 26, 2020, 08:01:28 PM »
Diana was frowned upon for consorting with an Egyptian (she had a relationship with an Indian or Pakistani doctor as well IIRC).

But I'd suggest a fair chunk of Brits - if asked - would prefer to see a prince marry a nice white girl from a well-heeled family. As Kate was.

Jeez,

Perhaps, but they exist.

Most of the people bothered about the royals are older folk I'd say. The views and prejudices of that generation does not fade away because the BBC tells them they should. Those views are entrenched in a fair chunk of society right across the class spectrum, and certainly well embedded in the aristocracy.

No one sane would suggest that it’s “prejudiced” that the Japanese Emperor was expected to marry a Japanese Princess, why is it considered prejudiced by some that an English Prince marry an actual English woman, which also means white?

It took a thousand years for England to become what it is and for the people to become who they are, and you’re worried about the opinions of subversive jerks who want to destroy you from within? Eff that. They’re never going to respect you to begin with and they respect you even less when weak characters in society fall for their PC Commie crap.

Well.... yes and no..

I believe if the ginger lad loves the half caste American girl then he should marry her if he wants to - as he did. Who are we to tell him he can't?

Ethnicity used to be a barrier - I don't think it is much any more. Nobody really cares that much about that now. Culture is more of an issue now. What white bloke would want his daughter marrying into the Muslims? I wouldn't. 

So as a white guy you like white Russian women you think? You might not like Africans but what about the Asiatic looking Russian speaking women from Kazakhstan?

Look at this girl in our sidebar from Ukraine. Can you be sure she hasn't got Arabic blood in her? Would you say she is a 100% white girl? Would you think less of her if she wasn't? If so, why?

If Harry had been a commoner then certainly what you’re saying is true, he could have married any gal he was in love with and it wouldn’t have mattered much except for the feelings and opinions of his parents and close friends.

As it is his choice of a bride was too important to be so reckless. I see Meghan as a drama queen and trouble maker and sadly don’t believe it will end well. I’m sure she must have some redeeming qualities but let some other bloke discover them was my opinion. I don’t believe my opinion is in the minority either.

I’m sure the gals you mentioned are fine women but they wouldn’t be my choice. My time is likely passed but if I had a choice blood and soil would be a top consideration meaning white and European.

Offline msmoby

• BANNED
  • BANNED
« Reply #54 on: January 27, 2020, 01:24:21 AM »

No one sane would suggest that it's "prejudiced" that the Japanese Emperor was expected to marry a Japanese Princess, why is it considered prejudiced by some that an English Prince marry an actual English woman, which also means white?

Unlike the Japanese dynasty - the UK has a long history of Royals marrying from other nations, religions ..  :coffeeread:  Could you remind us where the Queen's husband was born and his parentage ( hint : Greek / Danish )
I have never claimed to be a Blue Beret

Spurious claims about 'seeing action' with the Blue Berets are debunked >here<

Here is my Russophobia/Kremlinphobia topic

Offline Dogsoldier

• Supporting Member
  • Spouses Country: Україна
  • Trips: 10-20
« Reply #55 on: January 27, 2020, 01:35:43 AM »

Jeez,

Perhaps, but they exist.

I like your train of thought.
Why is it ok for the non anglosphere to want to preserve their culture and heritage by being exclusive and limiting diversity from uncontrolled mass immigration but not for the anglocentric and eurozone where the pc brigade cry ‘raaaaycist’ at the drop of a hat to any suggestion that, actually, limiting immigration and preserving one’s culture is a good thing?

Offline msmoby

• BANNED
  • BANNED
« Reply #56 on: January 27, 2020, 02:10:14 AM »

I like your train of thought.
Why is it ok for the non anglosphere to want to preserve their culture and heritage by being exclusive and limiting diversity from uncontrolled mass immigration

It isn't ..the topic is Harry and Meghan

but not for the anglocentric and eurozone where the pc brigade cry ‘raaaaycist’ at the drop of a hat to any suggestion that, actually, limiting immigration and preserving one’s culture is a good thing?

Given many members on here are from a nation whereby the immigrants invaded and took over said nation and imposed it's values on the indigenous population and now seeks to limit others - that's an interesting point ..

Offline Manny

« Reply #57 on: January 27, 2020, 08:47:04 AM »
If Harry had been a commoner then certainly what you’re saying is true, he could have married any gal he was in love with and it wouldn’t have mattered much except for the feelings and opinions of his parents and close friends.

I think it doesn't matter because he wont be king. I always thought it was a bit of a PR stunt, let him marry a half African woman, nod to the Commonwealth. An American, cement the "special relationship". A fuzzy thinking lefty feminist, appeal to the Mobys of the world. Plenty of PC boxes ticked there to keep them all looking modern and relevant. They want to hang onto the cash and not be booted out. They must be seen to be relevant and changing with the times. As a PR stunt, her arrival was meant to be a masterstroke I'd suggest. 

As it is his choice of a bride was too important to be so reckless. I see Meghan as a drama queen and trouble maker and sadly don’t believe it will end well. I’m sure she must have some redeeming qualities but let some other bloke discover them was my opinion. I don’t believe my opinion is in the minority either.

I agree with that. She has trouble and hard work written all over her.
Read a trip report from North Korea >>here<< - Read a trip report from South Korea, China and Hong Kong >>here<<

Online rosco

• Supporting Member
« Reply #58 on: January 27, 2020, 10:03:11 AM »
I don't think Meghan even looks black and I wasn't aware she was 'black' (even though she's half white) until my newsfeed informed me so. My opinion of her has nothing to do with race.

From what I've seen of her, she appears to be a manipulative drama queen who has trouble written all over her. If you think she just happened to meet a prince and fall in love with him, then you probably also think that beauty and the beast was real.

She knew what she was doing when she hunted him down, being a royal was an attractive prospect for a young woman chasing the limelight. Seemingly, she no longer wants that life and like she's done with her own parents, she's blackmailed Harry into him turning his back on his own.

She's trouble and she has a bagful of issues piled up in a dumpster, wheeling along behind her. She's the modern 3rd wave feminist dog, who would replace men with a floor suction dildo, and lesbianism, so she can shun any meaningful, natural relationship with the opposite sex, and as a result be eternally unfulfilled as her hatred deepens to the point of her committing suicide from hopeless despondency and rotting in hell.  :laugh:

That's why she's not fit for being a royal and that's why she's so unpopular. I bet she'll ditch Harry some time down the road, divorce him and possibly even cheat on him.

Harry will be left looking for his balls in the lost property box and begging for his estranged family to take him back. If I gave a shit, I'd feel sorry for the ginger lad, as he sits in Canada eating his vegetarian meals and watching all female chat shows, demonising men!  >:(

Online rosco

• Supporting Member
« Reply #59 on: January 27, 2020, 10:06:52 AM »
Why is it ok for the non anglosphere to want to preserve their culture and heritage by being exclusive and limiting diversity from uncontrolled mass immigration

It isn't ..

So are you saying it's not ok for the Japanese, Luxembourg or Saudi royalty, to marry their own? Are you suggesting they're racist now too? Because that's just what you've posted above.

Offline msmoby

• BANNED
  • BANNED
« Reply #60 on: January 27, 2020, 10:46:36 AM »
The FBI want to question Andrew ..Fine ! https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-51271871

Send back the US citizen   -Anne Sacoolas -  that may have  killed a - Harry Dunn - a British kid -  whilst driving as if in America ( did a flit -claiming Diplomatic immunity - after promising to help the Police )  and 'we'll'  do a swap

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/10/22/world/europe/harry-dunn-anne-sacoolas-crash.html

Offline msmoby

• BANNED
  • BANNED
« Reply #61 on: January 27, 2020, 10:51:20 AM »

I think it doesn't matter because he wont be king. I always thought it was a bit of a PR stunt, let him marry a half African woman, nod to the Commonwealth. An American, cement the "special relationship". A fuzzy thinking lefty feminist, appeal to the Mobys of the world. Plenty of PC boxes ticked there to keep them all looking modern and relevant. They want to hang onto the cash and not be booted out. They must be seen to be relevant and changing with the times. As a PR stunt, her arrival was meant to be a masterstroke I'd suggest. 

I'd suggest you stop thinking ..

1/ Harry was indeed unlikely to be King

2/ He clearly chose the woman HE wanted - I mean the Palace did 'SO' well choosing his Ma and telling Andrew he couldn't marry Koo Stark

It should be pretty clear he married who HE wanted to ..

Thanks for the mention as a 'lefty' again - 'accurate' as ever ;)

I agree with that. She has trouble and hard work written all over her.

When did you meet her to form such an 'opinion' ?

Online rosco

• Supporting Member
« Reply #62 on: January 27, 2020, 11:30:30 AM »
The FBI want to question Andrew ..Fine ! https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-51271871

Send back the US citizen   -Anne Sacoolas -  that may have  killed a - Harry Dunn - a British kid -  whilst driving as if in America ( did a flit -claiming Diplomatic immunity - after promising to help the Police )  and 'we'll'  do a swap

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/10/22/world/europe/harry-dunn-anne-sacoolas-crash.html

Indeed.

I'd throw both to the dogs.

Offline msmoby

• BANNED
  • BANNED
« Reply #63 on: January 27, 2020, 01:40:52 PM »

So are you saying it's not ok for the Japanese, Luxembourg or Saudi royalty, to marry their own? Are you suggesting they're racist now too? Because that's just what you've posted above.

This is a BAD day for you, rosco !

1/ I didn't know much about the L'bourg Royal Family - but I'd have bet on inter-marriages and - of course there's been lots through the ages ... Spanish, French - you name it

2/ Saudi's ? : they've been like the Brits in the early 20C - killing off rivals to get to the throne - until recently - when the Brits protected Ibn Saud - Kuwaiti and Ottomans influences there ... to name but two

3/ Japan ?  Now you really picked a good subject !  The lineage goes back 125 Emperors but all 9 children born into the Royal Family in the past forty years have been FEMALE  ...  There are conservative folk who were scared of changing the laws to allow succession by seniority - as prior to 2006 -the birth of Prince Hisahito - no male had been born into the family for 40 years ...  The conservatives were worried about a Princess succeeding and marrying a foreigner and having a blue- eyed Emperor )

Offline dcguyusa

• Spouses Country: North America, South America, Europe, Asia
  • Trips: None Yet
« Reply #64 on: January 27, 2020, 06:06:14 PM »
They separated approximately 18 months after the marriage, and were granted a no-fault divorce in August 2013, citing irreconcilable differences.

You dated each other for seven years, then get married and after over a year, you cannot stand each other?   (:)

I hope that it will not be déjà vu again this time.   :duh: :-\
An uninformed opponent is a dangerous opponent.

"Y'all be makin shit up" ~ Markeith Loyd

Offline Contrarian

« Reply #65 on: January 28, 2020, 02:15:54 PM »
I don't think Meghan even looks black and I wasn't aware she was 'black' (even though she's half white) until my newsfeed informed me so. My opinion of her has nothing to do with race.

From what I've seen of her, she appears to be a manipulative drama queen who has trouble written all over her. If you think she just happened to meet a prince and fall in love with him, then you probably also think that beauty and the beast was real.

She knew what she was doing when she hunted him down, being a royal was an attractive prospect for a young woman chasing the limelight. Seemingly, she no longer wants that life and like she's done with her own parents, she's blackmailed Harry into him turning his back on his own.

She's trouble and she has a bagful of issues piled up in a dumpster, wheeling along behind her. She's the modern 3rd wave feminist dog, who would replace men with a floor suction dildo, and lesbianism, so she can shun any meaningful, natural relationship with the opposite sex, and as a result be eternally unfulfilled as her hatred deepens to the point of her committing suicide from hopeless despondency and rotting in hell.  :laugh:

That's why she's not fit for being a royal and that's why she's so unpopular. I bet she'll ditch Harry some time down the road, divorce him and possibly even cheat on him.

Harry will be left looking for his balls in the lost property box and begging for his estranged family to take him back. If I gave a shit, I'd feel sorry for the ginger lad, as he sits in Canada eating his vegetarian meals and watching all female chat shows, demonising men!  >:(

:ROFL:      :ROFL:      :ROFL:     tiphat

Offline cufflinks

• Supporting Member
« Reply #66 on: February 28, 2020, 05:57:37 PM »
Went on a hunt for Purell hand sanitizer and 3 Stores all out including CVS... However the Brit Store tabloids the Globe and The National Enquirer had some rather sensational headlines...

Globe... Prime Andrew tried to commit suicide to avoid Lolita Epstein trials #Metoo

The National Enquirer... The Queen angrily stating that &$#@ Meghan is not going to monetize the Royal Family with her Billion Dollar Sussex Royal schemes.

Who knew a hypergamist semi white trash Yank wench could make that much on her husband's former titles...

###

Offline msmoby

• BANNED
  • BANNED
« Reply #67 on: May 12, 2020, 06:52:28 AM »
https://www.rt.com/uk/488382-anne-sacoolas-interpol-wanted/

The US whisked Mrs S - who had agreed to help the Police with their enquiries out the the country ..

Now, she's a wanted women .. a total abuse of Diplomatic Immunity

Interpol has issued a Red Notice for Anne Sacoolas, the wife of a US intelligence official who is wanted in Britain over a car crash which killed teenage motorcyclist Harry Dunn last year.
An email sent to 19-year-old Dunn's parents from the Northamptonshire Police, which was seen by the PA news agency, said that 42-year-old Sacoolas is now “wanted internationally” and “should she leave the USA the wanted circulations should be enacted.” In other words, Sacoolas could be immediately arrested were she now to leave the US.

Dunn was killed in a head-on collision in August 2019 near RAF Croughton in Northamptonshire. Sacoolas, who was driving the vehicle on the wrong side of the road, claimed diplomatic immunity and fled the country.

Offline cufflinks

• Supporting Member
« Reply #68 on: March 08, 2021, 06:15:14 AM »
Brilliant Oprah global interview drops the Ultimate NEGRO Nuclear Bomb on the Royal Family and the UK in a jaw-dropping interview with Harry and Megxit on national CBS TV.

All of Bloody Britain is RAYCIST against poor Mulatto Mixed Race Meghan Markle and because she is an inheritor of NEGRO Slave Bloodlines and product of a slave trade the created massive wealth for the UK and the Royals...  Meghan, Harry and their offspring were in fact cut off from Royal Family Income and that they were therefore no longer to be provided any security in the UK overrun with hostile Islamic Radicals who all want Harry dead for his service fighting against Radical Islamo-ISIS terrorists in the Middle East.

Harry was a brave, loyal and skilled Apache Helicopter Combat Pilot and a heroic role model for Patriotic Young Brits engendering great love and admiration for the Royal Family - and now this Hero of Crown and Country and his Family all high value targets for the ISIS agents rampaging across the United Kingdom and British Commonwealth of Nations is DENIED Security.  WTF.  Clearly the Oprah Ultimate Nuclear Negro Bomb spells is the end of the Raaaycisst Royals and the Raaaycisst DisUnited Kingdom.

Offline cufflinks

• Supporting Member
« Reply #69 on: March 08, 2021, 10:07:46 AM »
Can't understand the Royals obsession with recycled old wall banger Divorcees - First King Eddie abdicates then after Diana is Papparazzi-cided Future King Chuckie hooks up with his old married mistress after she divorces her husband and in hypergmist female fashion of the first order trades up for a title - then - Red Headed Step Child Harry decides to stir up the pot with mixed up mixed race Megxit -  He could have had his pick of any submissive loyal English Rosebuds and instead throws a couple Royal knocks into her dominatrix highness like a perfect Blue Pill White Knight.

The Royals do protect their own when they want too like Uncle Randy Andy under subpoena in the  Ghislane Epstein Madame Mossad Sexscapades.

Megster must have some extraordinary Oral and Klegel skills for Harry to throw away his Crown, Titles and Country for her.

Queenie Oprah insisted on referring to them as Prince Harry and Duchess of Sussex even though they abdicated their titles so they could live in the Billionaires playground of Santa Barbara Beach.

Offline cufflinks

• Supporting Member
« Reply #70 on: March 08, 2021, 12:38:35 PM »
LOL Seems the Brit viewers up in arms over all the Yank Pharma adverts that sponsored Orpah's epic whineathon - that's Queeenie Oprah for you - She always finds a way to turn a nice profit even though Harry and Megxit insist they were not paid for the interview - shame on them for not being a bit more mercenary now that they have to pay for their own security

Offline Manny

« Reply #71 on: March 08, 2021, 01:35:38 PM »
I have zero interest in the Prince Whatshisname and the Markle woman.

Like the Queen, I am not even going to watch it.

I don't think anyone is bothered either way if she is a bit black or not. She's just a spoiled ultra-feminist who is working her hubby like a puppet. They got $7m for the Oprah interview, it's hard to feel sorry for them. Prince marries film star is a good enough story. Why do they want everyone to feel sorry for them? Nobody does.

Camilla Long from the Times gives her view:

==============

You simply cannot tear your eyes away from them — the greige canopy, the sprinkling of English-style meadow flowers to remind American audiences which broken royal family we’re talking about today. His scuffed, grey-on-black shoe/sock combo, her Fulham-sexy, possibly nylon dressing gown, throbbing with sub-Beyoncéan “fertility” energy.

The camera whirls down on Oprah, struggling to contain her excitement at landing her biggest interview since she told Lindsay Lohan to “cut the bullshit”.

“Were you silent,” pounds Oprah to Meghan, as the Kardashian drama music rises, “or were you silenced?”

I don’t think there’s a single person in Britain who doesn’t know the full, unexpurgated answer to this question. Yes, the duchess was silenced — but who wouldn’t want to silence every word of what Oprah cloyingly calls Meghan’s “truth”? Meghan’s “truth”, we’re discovering, is an unstoppable Krakatoa of toxic sniping and petulant Marie Antoinette revelations that is now dragging the entire “Firm”, as even Meghan calls them, down to her level. I’m not sure any of it qualifies as actual “truth” — I’m inclined to believe Meghan wouldn’t know her “truth” if it clopped in on a silver platter from Mohammed bin Salman. But who cares, when there are pregnant pauses to be made and multimillion-dollar deals to be done?

On Wednesday we got the first signs that the Palace — William, really — is finally stepping into this unedifying bare-knuckle fight. The royal family are doing what they usually do when faced with a complicated, difficult, foreign sexpot: they have arranged a trial, presided over, dubiously, by courtiers. Meghan’s a bully, they claim. To which most people said: no, really? Just look at the foul way she spoke to her own father in that letter — she was hardly going to be nicer to her PAs.

There will, of course, be a proper investigation by Buckingham Palace’s HR department, but even this seems laughable — who even knew there was such a thing? Nothing will be enough to stem the flow of radioactive leaks now, no matter how many snowflake courtiers you toss at it. Stuff is already happening at warp speed. In media terms, we’ve reached the freeway and are flying in the chopper 400ft above OJ’s car, clipping the trees as he holds the gun to his head. Don’t they get it?

But unlike in all other royal scandals, there are no signs the car will ever stop. There will always be another interview, another stakes-raising clap back, another round of petty “truth”-telling on what Kate said about tights at the wedding. There will be years of this — attacking the royal family is now Harry and Meghan’s bread and butter. It seems amazing to me the Queen didn’t strip these chancers of their titles and choke off the cash long ago. What do they have to do for that to happen — slap her on live television? If the Palace bullying story is a way of establishing a case to remove their titles, they need to hurry up.

For the royals, this situation is now, to use Oprah’s word, “unsurvivable”. The creaking institution dreamt up by a 25-year-old in 1952 clearly cannot withstand this sort of seamy Meghan v William grudge match, in which at least one of the parties is willing to say almost anything for clicks or viewers. Clutching one’s pearls and screaming, “But she was rude to the staff” is like bringing a tampon to a sub-machinegun fight.

For a British person, it feels strange and devastating. You don’t even have to be that into the royals to feel as if part of our lives is being shredded, one pulsing ad break at a time. It is British reserve v American brashness and balls, and we know who won that fight last time. It’s weird to watch the Queen being dissed by some lightweight who considers the PR manager at Soho House one of her closest friends. It is just wrong.

As for Harry — what sadness. We all know someone who’s been bodysnatched by a partner, cut off from family and friends, iced out of weddings and funerals, grandchildren withheld. Normal people strive for reconciliation: why isn’t that happening here? Instead non-speaks and non-stop oneupmanship is escalating to backstabbing and frontstabbing, all driven by pain. Not only on the part of Meghan and Harry, but William and the others too.

Because deep at the centre of this lies another creeping feeling. Meghan has one solid line of argument: royal life was awful. She probably thought she was going to be fed golden bonbons every day and showered with free dresses. But it isn’t very nice being a royal, is it? Who would want to sign up to the Queen’s arid boot camp of duty and self-denial? Why has the monarch made royal life so unappealing, penitential and hard? It may have worked for her but it hasn’t worked for a single other member of her family, with the exception, perhaps, of Princess Anne, who quietly gets on with it. Because if you had the choice, would you ever inflict being king on your child? You look at the Cambridge children being hustled into their silent nurseries and think: this is cruelty. Harry being made to walk behind his mother’s coffin at 12 was the beginning of the end. It was nothing other than barbaric.

As long as the Duchess of Sussex can convincingly say this, there is no comeback for the Queen. No amount of deploying Prince Edward will hide the fact that making ordinary people — or indeed anyone — be part of the royal family is freakish and inhumane. The only hope they have is that Meghan behaves more unpleasantly than they do — that is to say, more royally than the royals. It’s odd to think their only line of defence so far is to say she is rude to staff — like Prince Andrew, say, or Princess Margaret.

@CamillaLong

Offline NS1

• Supporting Member
  • Trips: 5-10
« Reply #72 on: March 08, 2021, 03:05:05 PM »
Manny your likely correct,
but the days of the Royals
hiding stuff, covering things up
and demanding everyone follow
along are coming to an end.

With social media, cameras and the world
as it is, somethings are and will change.
Maybe its time the Monarchy catch up a bit.

Funny in Canada, its talked about every year
and more and more people, asking why are we paying
for something that in todays world gives us nothing back,
Some say history, big bill for history.
this years poll hit 84% of people wanting it to change.

There is nothing permanent except change.

Offline AvHdB

• Spouses Country: Ukraine, Kiev
« Reply #73 on: March 08, 2021, 04:46:30 PM »
Manny your likely correct,
but the days of the Royals
hiding stuff, covering things up
and demanding everyone follow
along are coming to an end.

With social media, cameras and the world
as it is, somethings are and will change.
Maybe its time the Monarchy catch up a bit.

Funny in Canada, its talked about every year
and more and more people, asking why are we paying
for something that in todays world gives us nothing back,
Some say history, big bill for history.
this years poll hit 84% of people wanting it to change.

The odd thing it is really only the English royalty that attracts such attention, mostly based on there own actions.

The Dutch might have a giggle or occasional sigh about the House of Orange-Nassau and the Swedes with the Carl Gustaf but they rarely is much news. There was an incident I recall in Spain regarding de Borbón's (King Felipe) a few years back but the scandal I believed has subsided. The other European royalty are more or less historical footnotes.
“If you aren't in over your head, how do you know how tall you are?” T.S. Eliot

Online Texan77

« Reply #74 on: March 08, 2021, 10:43:53 PM »
It is my understanding the British Royals bring more money to the UK than they cost it. Tourist, events, tv shows and so forth they are a cash flow positive for the UK. If you got rid of the royals no one would know where they Uk is in a few decades. They are just about the only part of the UK that gets world wide news coverage. 
3) There has been no "threat" to invade Ukraine. The US invented that and fed it to a complicit media.

Registration