The World's #1 Russian, Ukrainian & Eastern European Discussion & Information Forum - RUA!

This Is the Premier Discussion Forum on the Net for Information and Discussion about Russia, Ukraine, Eastern Europe and the Former Soviet Union. Discuss Culture, Politics, Travelling, Language, International Relationships and More. Chat with Travellers, Locals, Residents and Expats. Ask and Answer Questions about Travel, Culture, Relationships, Applying for Visas, Translators, Interpreters, and More. Give Advice, Read Trip Reports, Share Experiences and Make Friends.

Author Topic: My trip to Kiev  (Read 3681 times)

Offline ?ManyQuestions?

• Trips: 1-5
My trip to Kiev
« on: December 18, 2019, 06:11:08 PM »
Last month was my first foreign trip to anywhere outside the US. I saved up $4,000 for the trip and now I am kind of destitute of funds for now. But I know next time, that I will need more money. I did not figure up all the costs like taxis and such. My next trip will be better and I know that I will need at least $15,000 before I leave. Maybe, next time I will take a train to multiple cities and countries and see as much as I can before I leave. I would like to see Odessa next time, too. I am probably the first targeted individual ever to go to Kiev.

https://scontent-ort2-2.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-0/p180x540/79326618_10217905511328268_1906925690846969856_o.jpg?_nc_cat=100&_nc_ohc=Q-E6T2AQf_MAQmYc5iKbMZttwbm-GHDYL9EUHGT8E4NnPX3_B1STdBuwg&_nc_ht=scontent-ort2-2.xx&oh=711fbcbea3ff8ccdc93d5bf8b39062ec&oe=5E744935

https://scontent.fewr1-4.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/s960x960/79016177_10217905709853231_6185898051895296000_o.jpg?_nc_cat=102&_nc_ohc=JtZa2DFz7JYAQkrvPaZOfYATeIHJ46KTjTPzmUrU8LTbyTWlEgNcnjhgA&_nc_ht=scontent.fewr1-4.fna&oh=7292806f627828b85d7292462c61962c&oe=5E67FA8A

I did not go to find a woman because I am a targeted individual and that would be used against me. Instead, I went on what was supposed to be a sex tour. I did not get the sex, just a private dance from a very beautiful Ukrainanka. That is whole other story on how I figured out that I am a Targeted Individual. I have also had energy weapons used against me. My only defense being forgiveness. I have become great at forgiveness www.targetedjustice.com 
 https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10217689275802515&set=pcb.10217689276482532&type=3&__tn__=HH-R&eid=ARDM_wOsGNR_MpeRY7HI-6az0g8HYZlEot3rwlFqWEZQEPOtQqxeYt_X2whhpAU88a0u57zwp-QbWtc_

I will post photos later.

Day 1-2 I fly from Des Moines to Minneapolis to Amsterdam. I stayed at a Yotel for the night and got on a plane to Borisopol. I still hear voices via bone conduction from the vircator on the plane. www.targetedjustice.com

Day 3
I arrived at Borisopol airport on November 22nd. A man approaches me about a cab. I am being hit with a vircator in Ukraine, there is no running away from it. I hire the man to take me to Hotel Rus. (Premier hotel gostanitsa)

https://scontent-ort2-2.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-0/p180x540/75522040_10217905515448371_6251183758112718848_o.jpg?_nc_cat=107&_nc_ohc=50oYSbCYi8YAQnUNUlINd95_W2_IB49pW5eKZjHdwiED8f9c3A4YwM-CA&_nc_ht=scontent-ort2-2.xx&oh=16ffe7c7fa4a2b14d6ebb26afc62c075&oe=5E6EFDF0

https://scontent.fewr1-4.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-0/p180x540/78641078_10217905710133238_416837463818895360_o.jpg?_nc_cat=102&_nc_ohc=MyF9cWsUy78AQky-Fn2bsnTSxzlweME8ZVqHK0ErpYe7F15YxZs33ECNA&_nc_ht=scontent.fewr1-4.fna&oh=c5d07a576257cef3a79c333c542f7f4b&oe=5E7AF194

Day 4

https://scontent-ort2-2.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/s960x960/78841597_10217905710773254_3702976998516195328_o.jpg?_nc_cat=111&_nc_ohc=l4rdgG-1MfkAQl7d2eyByaiD6UX2Scgcmeop9dsGbtxT9kwBB7iNGak8Q&_nc_ht=scontent-ort2-2.xx&oh=144fb15782dd10a984d0aa7418e063bb&oe=5E706558

I get up to eat breakfast at the Hotel Buffet at 7:00 am. Walk around Downtown Kiev for a while. Up and down Kreschavchik Street and all the way to the train station. A few people surround and mess with me. An older lady tears my map and I had to push my way out. I find a small electronics magazin and get a phone charger for the different plugs in my hotel room. (The airport didn't have the one I needed.) I find my way back to to the Hotel and order Green Zyelyoniy Tea Chai and call it a night. I read The Philosophy Book by Gregory Bassham before bed.

Day 5

I go to the hotel buffet and find out that they will not serve me there. So I take a taxi to Podil to a cafe and hang out there for a while. I go to a coffee shop, an auto shop, a gas station, and a vepilsipid bicycle shop to get help to get back to my hotel. I took a picture of an Eastern Orthodox Church founded by Pavlovskiy. Nobody helps me so I walk around a while. I also bought a pomegranite and ate the juicy surrounded by the seeds. Suddenly, someone shows up to help me find my way back to the hotel. Luckily, I already know how to read cyrillic, so I can read the signs that are just cyrillic. I saw a beautiful view of Kiev on an overlook of the city near an old church. Then I arrived at Kreschavchik and was able to find my own way back to the hotel. I went to a sandwich shop and ate a salad on my way back to the hotel.

Day 6

I go to the local Roman Rimsko Katolichyeskiy tserkov church because I have been attending mass regularly once again to see how I can forgive. I couldn't understand most of what he said but I understood repent razkayatsya and turn away povernitye proch. I got refused communion by the priest and got the blessing instead. So I said the communion prayer in my devotional as a substitute. I went back to the same sandwich shop I ate at last night and I was refused service even though I had the money to pay for it. Luckily, there was a couple ladies near the Olympisskiy Stadium who sold me 2 kilos of dried apricots to eat. I call the American embassy to tell them what is going on and they agree to see me the next day. I go to the hotel bar and order a Green Tea. (It is good for my brain.) I also take a few Omega 3's for they myelin sheath in in my neurons.

Day 7

I take a taxi to the embassy and meet with the staff there. I tell them vendors are starting to refuse service to me. He agreed that I needed to leave earlier than I had planned. I wander around again and get lost. I ate at a Dominoes pizza then I take off. I found a sign called podilskiy rayon and realize I was near the podil region. I find my way back to Kreschatchik and back to my hotel. I took a picture of the maiden plaza and go back to my hotel. I tried to go to McDonalds and there were people just standing there preventing me from eating. That's when I read the writing on the wall and was kind of going through my won version of Holodomor. I get back to my hotel and head to the strip bar for a private dance from a beautiful Ukrainanka. Then I go get a green tea from the lobby and go back to bed.

Day 8

I take a taxi to the embassy to make preparations to leave. I go to a small productiy magazin for a loaf of bread to eat and that was the final place I could get food from. I talked to my dad before I left and took a taxi back to the hotel. I drink one last green tea for the road. I get a taxi to take me to the airport with my new flight to Istanbul to Boston to St. Louis to Des Moines. I had to take a train to Osceola, Iowa due to pancreas issues on arrival in St. Louis.

Online AvHdB

• Spouses Country: Ukraine, Kiev
  • Trips: 20+
Re: My trip to Kiev
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2019, 07:41:01 PM »
I started a project (more complicated than I thought) and between stages come to RUA, for a bit of chill and down time.

My first reaction OMG, if I ask some friends and acquaintances they most likely will know some sites where you can find a bird and accomplish what you set out to do for far less money outlaid. This though brings my thinking to the bigger question what is your goal? Do you see your self as a white knight, a rube or an innocent abroad?

It is has been noted before; you are fishing in a small pond why pollute it for others who might follow?
“If you aren't in over your head, how do you know how tall you are?” T.S. Eliot

Offline Manny

• Spouses Country: Russia
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2019, 10:48:21 PM »
For those, as I was, unfamiliar with the term 'targetted individual', Wiki has a page on it >here<.
Read a trip report from North Korea >>here<< - Read a trip report from South Korea, China and Hong Kong >>here<<

Look what the American media makes some people believe:
Putin often threatens to strike US with nuclear weapons.

Offline rosco

• Supporting Member
  • Trips: 10-20
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2019, 08:28:21 AM »
Thanks for taking the time to share 'many questions' but I'll be honest with you here.

My advice to you Sir is, don't ever get on a plane again and stay in the US. You don't need 15 grand for a trip, you don't not get served everywhere you go in a country on another continent because you're a targeted individual and this gig certainly isn't for you. I fear you have some issues needing resolved with a professional.

The embassy staff did their job and got you home before you hurt yourself, not the other way round buddy.

Stay at home, buy some hookers and be safe.  tiphat

Offline Steveboy

• Commercial Member
  • Trips: Resident
« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2019, 12:16:10 PM »
For those, as I was, unfamiliar with the term 'targetted individual', Wiki has a page on it >here<.

It just means "Nutter" ?
I support no government anywhere, ever, never. No institution, No religion!!

Offline Manny

• Spouses Country: Russia
« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2019, 12:32:26 PM »

It just means "Nutter" ?

The chap clearly has some mental health issues, and I agree with Rosco that he should stay at home and rent some women locally for recreation.
Read a trip report from North Korea >>here<< - Read a trip report from South Korea, China and Hong Kong >>here<<

Look what the American media makes some people believe:
Putin often threatens to strike US with nuclear weapons.

Offline ?ManyQuestions?

« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2019, 02:10:13 PM »
Another forgiveness exercise. This one was much easier than the weapon I forgave, but I forgave that too. I am going against your advice, though. I am saving for another trip.

Offline Lord of the Dance

• Supporting Hero Member
  • Trips: None Yet
« Reply #7 on: December 19, 2019, 02:22:16 PM »
I am saving for another trip.

Might I suggest opening a money market (or high yield savings) account at your local bank or credit union (if you haven't already done so) to start stashing away some extra cash for that trip. You'd be surprised at how quickly even just $1000 / month will add up. Also, it's probably better to say less than to say more, if you catch my drift.
"My soul cries out with a joyful shout that the God of my heart is great, and my spirit sings of the wondrous things that you bring to the ones who wait." - Canticle of the Turning

Online AvHdB

« Reply #8 on: December 19, 2019, 04:07:54 PM »
Another forgiveness exercise. This one was much easier than the weapon I forgave, but I forgave that too. I am going against your advice, though. I am saving for another trip.

This adventure has nothing to do with forgiveness. That is between you and The Lord.

But an admirable quality and useful characteristic is Common Sense especially with regards to dating and courtship. Find some and please use it.

Offline Dogsoldier

• Supporting Member
  • Spouses Country: Україна
« Reply #9 on: December 20, 2019, 12:04:06 AM »
The FSU certainly attracts it’s fair share of complete fruitcakes but this one takes the biscuit. 

Offline rosco

• Supporting Member
« Reply #10 on: December 20, 2019, 04:11:25 AM »
The FSU certainly attracts it’s fair share of complete fruitcakes but this one takes the biscuit.

I see what you did there DS!!  :thumbsup:

Online Guile

« Reply #11 on: December 20, 2019, 05:40:37 AM »
Did you even meet a girl there or just wander around the city?  $4000 for 1 week in Ukraine? You could spend one month in western Europe for that living in 3,4 star hotels.

Was there no Burger King?

Offline dcguyusa

• Spouses Country: North America, South America, Europe, Asia
  • Trips: None Yet
« Reply #12 on: December 20, 2019, 05:33:34 PM »
Was there no Burger King?

Operated in Kiev and Odessa for a short period in 2006

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_with_Burger_King_franchises

The franchise left Ukraine earlier.  Probably was not getting enough business there due to the local competition.

Note that with the implementation of 5G, the E-M radiation propagation is only going to get worse.   :-\
An uninformed opponent is a dangerous opponent.

"Y'all be makin shit up" ~ Markeith Loyd

Offline ?ManyQuestions?

« Reply #13 on: December 21, 2019, 07:57:33 AM »

This adventure has nothing to do with forgiveness. That is between you and The Lord.

But an admirable quality and useful characteristic is Common Sense especially with regards to dating and courtship. Find some and please use it.

Av, you took my forgiveness message out of context. I meant I forgive the disparaging messages in this thread. I just went to Ukraine to have fun, I didn't go to meet a woman there. It would have been nice to get a "Congratulations, you actually went to Ukraine.". But when life gives you limonuiy, make lemonade.

Even though I encountered a bad situation and got added to the train wreck section, I still had a great time there.

Online andrewfi

• Supporting Member
    • Articles About Almost Anything!
« Reply #14 on: December 21, 2019, 09:23:06 AM »
Congratulations on your trip to Ukraine.
How are the voices in your head?
Do they tell you to do stuff, or are they just giving you commentary on your life?

Are you one of the lucky ones who can hear the voices that are beamed at all of us or are you specifically targeted? If the latter, why are you so special? Is there something in your past, your education, your beliefs, that makes you a target?

Have you found any way to reduce the communications that are forced into your mind? Does a Faraday Cage work? Does a thin layer of conductive metal act as a shield?
...everything ends always well; if it’s still bad, then it’s not the end!

Online AvHdB

« Reply #15 on: December 21, 2019, 01:56:58 PM »

Av, you took my forgiveness message out of context. I meant I forgive the disparaging messages in this thread. I just went to Ukraine to have fun, I didn't go to meet a woman there. It would have been nice to get a "Congratulations, you actually went to Ukraine.". But when life gives you limonuiy, make lemonade.

Even though I encountered a bad situation and got added to the train wreck section, I still had a great time there.

That the truth is told, not necessarily sugar coated, is for those who wish to consider and learn from it. Whether it be you, or a lurker.

I am perplexed what is the purpose of your visits? To see the 'sights', or are you seeking a relationship with a Slavic woman? If the answer is yes, than why and what are the motives?

I assume you can have more than one lap dance for the approximate $4,000.= that you spent in Kiev. 

Offline Steveboy

• Commercial Member
« Reply #16 on: December 22, 2019, 10:10:47 AM »

I think that is an understatement ..

Offline HoundDaddyLee

• Supporting Member
  • Trips: 5-10
« Reply #17 on: December 23, 2019, 01:04:07 PM »
I have to be honest, I have trouble thinking of a way to spend $4000 in a week in Kiev, short of just handing it out. I thought the guy who got locked in his apartment by his girl over New Years Eve was the wreckiest of wrecks. This may surpass it.

I agree with others, if you need to "dip your wick", take your money to one of the legal brothels in Nevada. The voices in your head are lying to you, you cannot bed any hot Ukrainian women...

HDL

Online Guile

« Reply #18 on: December 23, 2019, 10:04:17 PM »
I have a hard time believing OP went to Kiev. Americans don't need a visa for Ukraine if it's under 90 days.  why did he show a visa stamp? He was only there for 1 week.
To spend 4k on what.  He didn't even have 1 date! Voices inside his head me thinks.

Offline HoundDaddyLee

• Supporting Member
  • Trips: 5-10
« Reply #19 on: December 25, 2019, 05:31:56 PM »
I have a hard time believing OP went to Kiev. Americans don't need a visa for Ukraine if it's under 90 days.  why did he show a visa stamp? He was only there for 1 week.
To spend 4k on what.  He didn't even have 1 date! Voices inside his head me thinks.

That isn't a Visa stamp, just an immigration stamp that you get in your passport when entering/leaving Ukraine...

HDL

Offline Derjk

« Reply #20 on: March 24, 2020, 08:00:55 PM »
Long time reader, resurrected poster.

Dear Sir,
Please understand that Ukraine is not somewhere you can go to and feel as safe as you carry on in your home town in Des Moines. Kiev is a large city, and as metropolitan as it is, it still has the remains of hard times and people who may take advantage of you in terms of what you see in horror movies. I'm sure you have been told many times that you need to seek professional help, but returning back to Kiev with $15,000 could get you beaten or killed.

Otherwise, from a sarcastic point of view, you will provide great economic boost to the welfare of the people in Kiev. If I get to return back later this year, maybe your economic boost will provide the Kiev Street food festival an abundance of activities and food trucks that will be so much fun to experience, because I've never had the chance to visit it during the summer season.

Offline Contrarian

« Reply #21 on: May 15, 2021, 08:06:52 AM »
Bump!

Has this gentleman ever returned to the forum?

Just curious. While this is a fascinating story I also find it difficult that someone could spend that much money on a one week trip without getting robbed.

How much was the airfare? If he took Business class that could have been a major portion of the expense.

Like others I would say it would probably be safer to remain at home.

The other option is to hire a guide who others have used and is recommended, to meet you at the airport, help you get the right plugs for charging a cell phone, get you a safe apartment in a safe area of the city, go with you to a grocery store to get food and water. And go with you to a cafeteria style restaurant which is inexpensive and in a safe area of the city.

I also find it a bit sad that some posters took to making mean spirited comments instead of offering the appropriate advice, which I believe is that he needed a professional guide at most times to accompany him for this trip.

And to the OP I would encourage you to continue the spiritual path in your life and to continue to attend church as that can be very helpful for all of us on our journey in this life.

As far as the plausibility that microwave type satellites can be used as some sort of attack weapon I will just leave this here.

"Whistleblowers, such as Ed Snowden and Julian Assange are two of the targets.  Mark Lenzi, the State Department's electronic signals expert, has stated that the U.S. diplomats were definitely attacked by microwave weapons. The National Academies of Science recently determined that the microwave weapons are real, and "the most plausible mechanism," for the attacks."

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/may/02/havana-syndrome-nsa-officer-microwave-attacks-since-90s

Offline Steveboy

• Commercial Member
« Reply #22 on: May 15, 2021, 10:03:52 AM »
Bump!

Has this gentleman ever returned to the forum?

Just curious. While this is a fascinating story I also find it difficult that someone could spend that much money on a one week trip without getting robbed.

How much was the airfare? If he took Business class that could have been a major portion of the expense.

Like others I would say it would probably be safer to remain at home.

The other option is to hire a guide who others have used and is recommended, to meet you at the airport, help you get the right plugs for charging a cell phone, get you a safe apartment in a safe area of the city, go with you to a grocery store to get food and water. And go with you to a cafeteria style restaurant which is inexpensive and in a safe area of the city.

I also find it a bit sad that some posters took to making mean spirited comments instead of offering the appropriate advice, which I believe is that he needed a professional guide at most times to accompany him for this trip.

And to the OP I would encourage you to continue the spiritual path in your life and to continue to attend church as that can be very helpful for all of us on our journey in this life.

As far as the plausibility that microwave type satellites can be used as some sort of attack weapon I will just leave this here.

"Whistleblowers, such as Ed Snowden and Julian Assange are two of the targets.  Mark Lenzi, the State Department's electronic signals expert, has stated that the U.S. diplomats were definitely attacked by microwave weapons. The National Academies of Science recently determined that the microwave weapons are real, and "the most plausible mechanism," for the attacks."

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/may/02/havana-syndrome-nsa-officer-microwave-attacks-since-90s

attend church as that can be very helpful for all of us on our journey in this life. . I do that very often! It usually helps..

I was there last Easter Sunday even got some holy water splashed over myself .. got back home and had some good sales in.. that holy water certainly can work miracles..

Offline BillyB

« Reply #23 on: May 16, 2021, 11:54:34 AM »
Last month was my first foreign trip to anywhere outside the US. I saved up $4,000 for the trip and now I am kind of destitute of funds for now. But I know next time, that I will need more money. I did not figure up all the costs like taxis and such. My next trip will be better and I know that I will need at least $15,000 before I leave.

$4000 for 6 days in Kiev was not enough money? A trip with no sex, one strip bar dance and meals consisting of McDonalds and Dominoes pizza cost $650 per day?  Now you figure you need $2500 per day to fund a trip like this? How did your brain compute this?
Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776. If you want to stop the war in Ukraine, fix elections, stop medical tyranny and forced vaccinations, lower inflation and make America and the world a better place, get Trump back into power. The Democrats and Republicans have shown they can't do the job. They are good at robbing us and getting people killed in non stop wars.

Online Guile

« Reply #24 on: May 16, 2021, 09:39:04 PM »
the OP is long gone and probably will never return to Ukraine.  One of those sheltered guys who hasn't traveled at all.  $4000 could last you 1 month in western Europe and a year in Russia if you are frugal.  He musta got taken for the cleaners big time.

Registration