The World's #1 Russian, Ukrainian & Eastern European Discussion & Information Forum - RUA!

This Is the Premier Discussion Forum on the Net for Information and Discussion about Russia, Ukraine, Eastern Europe and the Former Soviet Union. Discuss Culture, Politics, Travelling, Language, International Relationships and More. Chat with Travellers, Locals, Residents and Expats. Ask and Answer Questions about Travel, Culture, Relationships, Applying for Visas, Translators, Interpreters, and More. Give Advice, Read Trip Reports, Share Experiences and Make Friends.

Author Topic: Golden Visas in Europe  (Read 2843 times)

Online Guile

Re: Golden Visas in Europe
« Reply #25 on: November 13, 2019, 07:43:39 PM »
I have 3 Russian friend with US visas right now, 2 currently working there. 2 are married to Russians and 1 is single.  All under 30. Maybe they don't want Brits in the country  :ROFL: :ROFL:

Online Guile

« Reply #26 on: November 13, 2019, 07:45:37 PM »

Wrong dude.  Russians can get a US visa with their Russian passport, why do they need a UK one? Bad advice from our "world traveler"  :chuckle:

Some of us have been members of this board and remember posts

Manny's wife - pre getting UK citizenship - WAS turned down for a US Visa ..

Probably cause they were married to Brits  :ROFL: :laugh:

Offline Olga_Mouse

• Trips: Resident
« Reply #27 on: April 24, 2020, 01:03:46 PM »
I think it is 500,000 GBP for the UK or 1 million in Property... not so much for rich Russians to get a UK passport...

IIRC, its 500K in Spain, about the same amount in Portugal (smaller amount if the real property is some old \ historical building that the new owner must maintain), and 350K in Cyprus.

Malta has some funny 60K that must be paid to the state on top of the propery investment... Latvia used to have quite a low "residence limit" - 250K only; but they have recently also brought up that amount, IIRC.

cheaper in the Caribbean...  90K will get you  a passport on some islands..

You mean St-Kitts and Nevis?
Leaving Russia is not an emigration, rather an evacuation.

Offline Olga_Mouse

« Reply #28 on: April 24, 2020, 01:08:34 PM »
The wife applies for a visa with all documentation and takes same stuff to the embassy for an interview.. we have been meaning to visit the US now for some time and probably early next year my wife will make a US visa as easy as 1-2-3 ..

Where has your spouse applied - in St-Pet? If yes, how long had she waited for an interview?

Offline Steveboy

• Commercial Member
« Reply #29 on: April 25, 2020, 04:04:24 AM »
The wife applies for a visa with all documentation and takes same stuff to the embassy for an interview.. we have been meaning to visit the US now for some time and probably early next year my wife will make a US visa as easy as 1-2-3 ..

Where has your spouse applied - in St-Pet? If yes, how long had she waited for an interview?

We have not got round to doing a US visa for her yet.. keep meaning to as we want to visit .. but just had no time and other things to do.. I think it was in St Petersburg last time we looked and a pretty easy process..
I support no government anywhere, ever, never. No institution, No religion!!

Offline Olga_Mouse

« Reply #30 on: April 25, 2020, 07:39:29 AM »
We have not got round to doing a US visa for her yet.. keep meaning to as we want to visit .. but just had no time and other things to do.. I think it was in St Petersburg last time we looked and a pretty easy process..

Easy process?  :o   

Last time I was checking, the US consulate in St-Pet should have been closed completely? https://www.bbc.com/russian/news-43589439

And in Moscow the waiting for the interview was up to 11 months, due to the mutual US-RU kicking the diplomates out of the countries... US kicked out 60 people presumably for being the spies; Russia insisted on US diminishing the number of US diplomates here - and americans took home those people exactly who were dealing with the visas & interviews.

Thus RU sitizens were flying either to Warsaw or to Tbilisi to apply for US visa.

Offline msmoby

• BANNED
  • BANNED
  • Spouses Country: Russia
  • Trips: 20+
« Reply #31 on: April 25, 2020, 08:26:13 AM »

Thus RU sitizens were flying either to Warsaw or to Tbilisi to apply for US visa.

Not been able to fly to Tbilisi since July 8th (

I have never claimed to be a Blue Beret

Spurious claims about 'seeing action' with the Blue Berets are debunked >here<

Here is my Russophobia/Kremlinphobia topic

Registration