The World's #1 Russian, Ukrainian & Eastern European Discussion & Information Forum - RUA!

This Is the Premier Discussion Forum on the Net for Information and Discussion about Russia, Ukraine, Eastern Europe and the Former Soviet Union. Discuss Culture, Politics, Travelling, Language, International Relationships and More. Chat with Travellers, Locals, Residents and Expats. Ask and Answer Questions about Travel, Culture, Relationships, Applying for Visas, Translators, Interpreters, and More. Give Advice, Read Trip Reports, Share Experiences and Make Friends.

Author Topic: Traveling to Ukraine  (Read 1277 times)

Offline andrew99

• Trips: 1-5
Traveling to Ukraine
« on: October 27, 2019, 05:38:19 AM »
Hi traveling to Ukraine , kharkov in Nov. I am  seeing some girls setup by Mila. Looking forward to it and I have never been to this country before

Offline Chris

• Spouses Country: Chernivtsi, Ukraine
  • Trips: 20+
Re: Traveling to Ukraine
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2019, 06:18:31 AM »
Hi traveling to Ukraine , kharkov in Nov. I am  seeing some girls setup by Mila. Looking forward to it and I have never been to this country before

Enjoy!  Kharkov is a great city.
Слава Україні

Offline andrew99

« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2019, 09:50:15 PM »
any tips  (cultural etc)are fine with the women, even where to meet other travelers there ..
Is anyone else going to be there etc

Offline Steveboy

• Commercial Member
  • Trips: Resident
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2019, 12:52:02 PM »
any tips  (cultural etc)are fine with the women, even where to meet other travelers there ..

Here are a few tips!

1. Do not waste time with any women who do not speak English! Your there for just a short time I presume, why waste it with translators and trying to communicate with a women who speaks no English it does not make sense..

The very minute your start down that road the walls will come tumbling down..

Remember this video the moment you start wasting time with women who speak no English..

2. Think of it a s a military mission its you and them (remembering nearly all will be after your hard earned cash) There maybe a few genuine women there but in general its a big NO NO all will be after your money.. it is as simple as that.. "no money no honey" as they say..and that city is full of serial daters..

3. Don't waste a minute with a single women who you think is wasting your time, just dump her.. it the bar.. in the club.. in the restaurant where ever.. if you do not feel it is right dump her that very second..who gives a shit you do not live there ..

4. If you get really peed off with your plans , tired of the women your meeting make a fresh start.. dump the lot of them.. forget the lot!

Go back to your hotel and sign up to Tinder.. spend 1/2 hours on there and you should find a whole pile of dates.. and the good thing is the women will be local on your doorstep and probably not into foreigners, but that is not a bad sign.. what have you got to loose..

When you return tell me I was not wrong.. :)

I support no government anywhere, ever, never. No institution, No religion!!

Online AvHdB

• Spouses Country: Ukraine, Kiev
  • Trips: 20+
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2019, 02:10:12 PM »
The very minute your start down that road the walls will come tumbling down..

Remember this video the moment you start wasting time with women who speak no English..

As a big fan of The Style Council there is some background to this song that Steve might find amusing. There is a consensus that the song was a protest of M. Thatcher as PM. Though "The Walls Came Tumbling Down" is also an Old Testament Biblical reference. The version that Steve shared was filmed in than Communist Warsaw, Poland.
“If you aren't in over your head, how do you know how tall you are?” T.S. Eliot

Offline justadude

• Trips: 10-20
« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2019, 07:40:34 PM »

Me and another guy are going to Ukraine around Christmas. Too bad you can't postpone your trip to hang out with us.

I met my second Ukrainian fiance in Kharkov. She came to the US on a fiance K1 visa a year ago. The story didn't have a happy ending, but she was legit. I think Kharkov is a good place for the sort of thing you're doing. I don't know who Mila is. I met this girl through a dating app. I didn't like the city much when I was a single dude there in the summer, but after I was together with this girl and was back there in the winter it was pretty awesome. The Christmas carnival/vibe was great. I rented a car while I was there and it worked great for me.
two 90 day fiance visas, one 73 day fiance. Lived in Lvov and Odessa for 2 years. California native now on the Oregon Coast

Offline andrew99

« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2019, 03:27:56 PM »
Thanks for the replies I appreciate it. I need to get used to traveling again to FSU on my own to start with.

What are things in Kharkov to do you recommend during he day?