The World's #1 Russian, Ukrainian & Eastern European Discussion & Information Forum - RUA!

This Is the Premier Discussion Forum on the Net for Information and Discussion about Russia, Ukraine, Eastern Europe and the Former Soviet Union. Discuss Culture, Politics, Travelling, Language, International Relationships and More. Chat with Travellers, Locals, Residents and Expats. Ask and Answer Questions about Travel, Culture, Relationships, Applying for Visas, Translators, Interpreters, and More. Give Advice, Read Trip Reports, Share Experiences and Make Friends.

Author Topic: international Dating Dead?  (Read 10735 times)

Offline BillyB

• Trips: 10-20
Re: international Dating Dead?
« Reply #50 on: October 16, 2019, 07:20:31 PM »
You are the exception and not the norm.

It's normal for me and other guys who are "the exceptions" to find quality and/or young women. A guy doesn't have to be the best man in the world but he needs to beat his competition. A guy doesn't have to attract every woman in the world to be successful either. If a guy is attractive to just 10% of the women out there, he'd be a very busy man. He could be a successful playboy and/or have his pick of beautiful women to marry.

My wife is more beautiful than most of the wives of millionaires, billionaires, rock stars, and famous actors. Many men may think I'm lucky or the exception but this is the norm for me. I can catch beautiful women. Even my family and friends say my wife is not the most beautiful FSU woman I've dated. I've had FSU women on the forum tell me my wife is the most beautiful of all the wives they seen married to foreign men. I'm not saying this to brag or make others jealous but if there are single men reading this, instead of getting upset with what I'm saying, improve every aspect of your life and you will find great success with women.
Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776. If you want to stop the war in Ukraine, fix elections, stop medical tyranny and forced vaccinations, lower inflation and make America and the world a better place, get Trump back into power. The Democrats and Republicans have shown they can't do the job. They are good at robbing us and getting people killed in non stop wars.

Offline Brian275

• Spouses Country: Russia
« Reply #51 on: December 04, 2019, 03:35:42 PM »
I would venture that the numbers of people finding partners internationally as a result of greater travel opportunities, increased job opportunities, easily available information is much higher than a few decades back.
People are on the move and putting down roots in far flung places.

I agree with that. People travelling for work, gap years, etc. Much of that is people happening to meet people while there rather than pre-planned 'international dating'. Case in point: we had a chap and his wife round we know recently that we have not seen for a while. Their two kids are now out of regular education. The daughter is studying to be a vet and has found herself in New York and has met a young American guy she is in a relationship with. The son (who studied Spanish in school) is in Spain and very involved with some Spanish girl he met. While both those are dating foreign born people, they are doing so while living abroad and didn't set out to do some 'international dating' as such.

And even in the FSU many relationships are formed that way. People more or less living there and forming relationships while there. As the whole 'long distance thing' isn't as much of an issue (although you certainly have many women who think he will eventually stop 'living there' sometime in the next few years). There are a whole host of other issues, for sure, though. Although I wrote 'more or less' because, as we all know, many are just there on generous tourist and visitor visas that allow them to stay most of the year. Which, Americans at least, can get for Russia. And, especially in the case of Ukraine, many western men will overstay their visa-free access. I've known at least a few men who have done that. Its not as common in Russia due to stricter enforcement & penalties. It'd be crazy to overstay here in Russia. Belarus, as well. But many have and continue to do it in Ukraine.

Anyway, I kind of got off point there! But I definitely want to reiterate how much easier it is to actually be in the countries long-term. Of course, not everyone can and wants to do that. And saying you are 'living there' for the purpose of meeting ladies isn't going to endear many people. But, many 'live there' for numerous reasons. People like to say its a 'BS excuse' but it really is true - many guys do love the combination of cheaper living and wonderful culture and history. And just the people in a very general sense.

Been lurking recently (I even read all 22 pages or so about the Californian/Lvov lady). But glad to be posting again.

Offline Brian275

« Reply #52 on: December 04, 2019, 03:44:46 PM »
No they retire once they hit 30!! Cos once they get older there is no business for them!

They don't retire. They'd find a sucker by then to marry to and continue to scam. Leopards don't change their spots.

Yeah but lots of those under 30 year old scammers are men, even youngsters.. so they will need to relocate to Germany probably where marring a man is normal.. :laugh:

And actually a fair few are already from Germany pretending to be young Russian girls, they use bad Russian and Google translate.. there is also plenty off them living in Russia and Ukraine now pretending to be a sweet little Ukrainian girl..

The fact is 90% of women under 30 from Ukraine who sign up to any FSU women dating sites are fakes , the other 10%? Well 7% sign up out of curiosity and would of left with a week or so..it leaves 3%..

For every 100 young Ukrainian women under 30 you see on any site there is just 3 to try to hook up with.. the other 97 do not exist basically..

Yeah, unless she's a single mom with 2+ kids or the guy is a wealthy alpha male businessman then its damn near impossible to get a woman under 30 in the FSU off an international dating site. Although most of the latter wouldn't even use one of those sites but would have the confidence to go there and just approach. At the very least use social media instead of the much ridiculed dating sites. But yeah, barring those types of men and those types of ladies then success is much less diminished. But for guys actually "living" in the FSU it is much easier. Have known many guys be successful with the under 30s and especially under 35s. But would they have been if they were still living in USA, UK, Ireland, Germany, South Korea, etc? Probably not!

Offline LoyalMan

• ChiNazi scientists have invented Wuhan Virus Test Agent with accuracy rate close to 0%
  • Spouses Country: Neptune
« Reply #53 on: December 05, 2019, 08:57:34 AM »
"China is the world's largest economy"

Luckily, it is declining again after the USA has adjusted her altitude toward this evil country.

Offline LoyalMan

• ChiNazi scientists have invented Wuhan Virus Test Agent with accuracy rate close to 0%
  • Spouses Country: Neptune
« Reply #54 on: December 05, 2019, 09:14:40 AM »
Yeah but lots of those under 30 year old scammers are men, even youngsters.. so they will need to relocate to Germany probably where marring a man is normal.. :laugh:

And actually a fair few are already from Germany pretending to be young Russian girls, they use bad Russian and Google translate.. there is also plenty off them living in Russia and Ukraine now pretending to be a sweet little Ukrainian girl..

The fact is 90% of women under 30 from Ukraine who sign up to any FSU women dating sites are fakes , the other 10%? Well 7% sign up out of curiosity and would of left with a week or so..it leaves 3%..

For every 100 young Ukrainian women under 30 you see on any site there is just 3 to try to hook up with.. the other 97 do not exist basically..

Very close to my observation throughout the past 10 years or more.

Most of my pen-friends are actually married or engaged.  They earned money on dating sites.  One is a cheating wife who was planning to divorce.

Even on free or monthly subscribed site, % of cheating wives are quite high.

I turn to use cheap video-per-minute service. The cost of "classifying a pen-friend" is quite low.  Also, their identity is confirmed by the agency.  This method is only good for super smart man.  If you makes decision by emotion, please avoid this method.

Offline msmoby

• BANNED
  • BANNED
  • Trips: 20+
« Reply #55 on: December 07, 2019, 05:24:07 AM »

I turn to use cheap video-per-minute service. The cost of "classifying a pen-friend" is quite low.  Also, their identity is confirmed by the agency.  This method is only good for super smart man.  If you makes decision by emotion, please avoid this method.

Ri-ight .. like their ID is 'confirmed by the 'reputable' agency ..

Super smart men don't go near agencies or pay per minute / per letter sites...
I have never claimed to be a Blue Beret

Spurious claims about 'seeing action' with the Blue Berets are debunked >here<

Here is my Russophobia/Kremlinphobia topic

Offline Gregory Watson

• Trips: Resident
« Reply #56 on: April 14, 2020, 04:13:47 AM »
I wonder what will happen to international dating now   that we can't travel. Do you  guys still keep in contact with your friends from FSU?

Online andrewfi

• Supporting Member
    • Articles About Almost Anything!
« Reply #57 on: April 14, 2020, 05:36:04 AM »
I wonder what will happen to international dating now   that we can't travel. Do you  guys still keep in contact with your friends from FSU?

You'll be able to travel soon enough.

Communication is not hard to maintain.
...everything ends always well; if it’s still bad, then it’s not the end!

Offline Olga_Mouse

« Reply #58 on: April 14, 2020, 05:43:13 AM »
You'll be able to travel soon enough.

Soon...

a) Macron said in his speach yesterday that the borders of Schengen area might be closed until September;

b) Sheremetyevo airport operates according to the information from "above" - international flights resuming in "capitals only" format somewhere in August, with the flights to the "non-capitals" destinations being resumed by October.

:(  :(  :(
Leaving Russia is not an emigration, rather an evacuation.

Online andrewfi

• Supporting Member
« Reply #59 on: April 14, 2020, 06:17:38 AM »
Soon is a relative term. :)

I was expecting that it would be hard, or impossible to travel internationally until next year. I now see that several airlines are planning to open up from the start of June and Ryanair, my usual carrier, expecting normal flights by 17th June.

Of course, there's loads of conflicting information floating around, very little data and no good way to foretell the future.

If anyone asks, it is in order to be able to fly as soon as possible that I am keen to take an antibody test and even register for an online Covid-19 'carnet'.

Online Markje

• MCMLXXIV
    • Mark's unix pages
  • Spouses Country: Crimea
« Reply #60 on: April 14, 2020, 06:31:22 AM »

b) Sheremetyevo airport operates according to the information from "above" - international flights resuming in "capitals only" format somewhere in August, with the flights to the "non-capitals" destinations being resumed by October.

:(  :(  :(
Hi Olga,

Do you have a good source on that? Is that official yet? I am asking because I have tickets to fly to Crimea in July.
OO===[][]===OO
My first trip to my wife: To Evpatoria!
My road trip to Crimea: Roadtrip to Evpatoria

Offline NS1

• Supporting Member
  • Trips: 5-10
« Reply #61 on: April 14, 2020, 01:58:08 PM »
I would expect each country based on severity of the virus
will change or control who comes from where and when.

Here where I am at anyone traveling into country must self isolate for 14 days,
so you can come if sitting in house, hotel or wherever for 14 days works for you.

Also airlines have very limited routes, they  will not grow or go up until each country
opens a bit more. Moving target would be understatement at this point.
There is nothing permanent except change.

Offline Steveboy

• Commercial Member
« Reply #62 on: April 15, 2020, 02:34:02 AM »
Nothing has really changed when it comes to International dating as only about 4% actually get on the plane to travel.. the other 96% are armchair daters who just talk about traveling to meet a women.. often talking for 10 years or more..the virus makes no difference to them in any way!
I support no government anywhere, ever, never. No institution, No religion!!

Offline msmoby

• BANNED
  • BANNED
« Reply #63 on: April 15, 2020, 02:45:19 AM »

Do you have a good source on that? Is that official yet? I am asking because I have tickets to fly to Crimea in July.

Surely, you just have to wait ?  No one can make predictions THAT far ahead .

IF either RF or NL prevents you flying or the airline cancels- only then you can claim

In the mean time, we STILL await a refund from kupibilet.ru  ( via SKYSCANNER ) for a cancelled flight with Etihad ..   IF you come across them .. AVOID ..    They add on insurance you never ordered .. separate transaction..and when you make a claim on that insurance - as they refuse to cancel ... they do not respond to requests on  'How to make a claim' - never had the policy docs..

Best bit of advice I've read on this lock down situation is to only plan day to day ;)

Online AvHdB

• Spouses Country: Ukraine, Kiev
« Reply #64 on: April 15, 2020, 06:54:50 AM »

In the mean time, we STILL await a refund from kupibilet.ru  ( via SKYSCANNER ) for a cancelled flight with Etihad ..   IF you come across them .. AVOID ..    They add on insurance you never ordered .. separate transaction..and when you make a claim on that insurance - as they refuse to cancel ... they do not respond to requests on  'How to make a claim' - never had the policy docs..

I suspect this is what occurs when one flies with a dodgy airline using a dubious booking service.
“If you aren't in over your head, how do you know how tall you are?” T.S. Eliot

Offline msmoby

• BANNED
  • BANNED
« Reply #65 on: April 15, 2020, 08:24:24 AM »

I suspect this is what occurs when one flies with a dodgy airline using a dubious booking service.[/font][/size]

Hmm,

1/ What is dodgy ( or 'doggy'! ) about Etihad ....?

2/ What is dodgy about Skyscanner ?

3/ One would ASSume kupibilet.ru had to go through some sort of checks to be on Skyscanner, right ?

Online AvHdB

• Spouses Country: Ukraine, Kiev
« Reply #66 on: April 16, 2020, 12:44:11 PM »

I suspect this is what occurs when one flies with a dodgy airline using a dubious booking service.[/font][/size]

Hmm,

1/ What is dodgy ( or 'doggy'! ) about Etihad ....?

2/ What is dodgy about Skyscanner ?

3/ One would ASSume kupibilet.ru had to go through some sort of checks to be on Skyscanner, right ?

Eithad, has a very good safety record. My comment was regards to there involvement with Aitalia Air Airlines.

Kupibilet is if I am not mistaken an air flight ticket middle party that offers a discount, but as you are learning washes there hands of responsibility when things go pear shaped. I rarely book a ticket with/via a third party. Better directly with the airline in question is my feeling.

Curious I wonder did you save via Kupibilet? While I recognize Wiz is not a fan of yours and he is not very active it seems in the travel industry it would be interesting to hear his opinion as to what is the best way to proceed.

I suspect that as the virus issue receeds there will be a reset in ticketing procedures.
“If you aren't in over your head, how do you know how tall you are?” T.S. Eliot

Online andrewfi

• Supporting Member
« Reply #67 on: April 16, 2020, 05:45:21 PM »
I was reading today about services that are middlemen in various fields. In normal times it all works quite well, but at the moment, clients go to the broker for a refund and can't get one - the reason is that the money has already been paid to the service provider so the refund must come from them.

making matters worse many of the providers are no longer working - having suspended their businesses and the brokers are short handed or dealing with LOTS of people wanting that which they cannot have.

If the ticket was paid for an a credit card I'd follow the guidance I picked up on the topic: go for a chargeback.

Offline msmoby

• BANNED
  • BANNED
« Reply #68 on: April 16, 2020, 10:30:01 PM »
Eithad, has a very good safety record. My comment was regards to there involvement with Aitalia Air Airlines.

There was NO involvement of Alitalia ...Perhaps you are confusing my last trip to Georgia.. which was via a Turkish Airline who code-shared with Alitalia on the last leg ?  SC, finally got back via an Aeroflot flight that was serviced by Rossiya ( a subsidiary ) ..An elderly 777 rather than the  787 Dreamliners Aeroflot use... but it got her home.

Kupibilet is if I am not mistaken an air flight ticket middle party that offers a discount, but as you are learning washes there hands of responsibility when things go pear shaped. I rarely book a ticket with/via a third party. Better directly with the airline in question is my feeling.

I often look at Skyscanner, then ring the airline and they might come down to match the broker.  That was not possible this time.. some sites were impossible to book - kept giving Server 500 messages. Overloaded Kupibilet's site was responding.

Curious I wonder did you save via Kupibilet? While I recognize Wiz is not a fan of yours and he is not very active it seems in the travel industry it would be interesting to hear his opinion as to what is the best way to proceed.

Thank, but Wiz' 'help' is not required.. ;)

I was reading today about services that are middlemen in various fields. In normal times it all works quite well, but at the moment, clients go to the broker for a refund and can't get one - the reason is that the money has already been paid to the service provider so the refund must come from them.

making matters worse many of the providers are no longer working - having suspended their businesses and the brokers are short handed or dealing with LOTS of people wanting that which they cannot have.

If the ticket was paid for an a credit card I'd follow the guidance I picked up on the topic: go for a chargeback.

It was paid on a RU Sber Bank credit card .. Kupibilet have a few days left, before the Bank can be involved ..It will be interesting to see what happens.

Offline Danchik

• Russia Guru
« Reply #69 on: April 17, 2020, 05:49:47 AM »
I have no doubt about Steve's numbers, but if you're trying to meet a RW/FSUW on any dating site, you might as well be using MySpace as a social network.

I've met more RW through Facebook/Instagram alone than any dating site I had ever used even in the "old" days, even though I must say I rarely used them in the past.

And I'm not even trying to contact these girls. I simply belong to a few groups there and these girls contacted me after I made a few posts. 2 girls whom I never knew existed contacted me this week alone (one from Kiev), both in their early 30's.

RW generally don't use dating sites, but there is a boatload that are looking for love and who would consider a foreigner.

In my experience living here over the years, there are just as many real RW "looking", if not more, than during the MOB heyday. And no, they have little problem with America contrary to some here.

Think outside the box people.

Plenty of RW under 30 also use FB/Instagram for a variety of reasons and the vast majority speak English, or are trying to learn which is one of the main reasons they're there. I suspect there is another reason why as well.  :)

When it is dark enough, men see the stars.

Online Guile

« Reply #70 on: April 17, 2020, 05:57:04 AM »
Instagram is the new king of social media hookups.  Ever wonder how some Russian girls are always posting pics in Dubai, Monaco, the Maldives etc?  Someone had to pay for their trip! :ROFL:

Offline Steveboy

• Commercial Member
« Reply #71 on: April 17, 2020, 07:39:36 AM »
I have no doubt about Steve's numbers, but if you're trying to meet a RW/FSUW on any dating site, you might as well be using MySpace as a social network.

I've met more RW through Facebook/Instagram alone than any dating site I had ever used even in the "old" days, even though I must say I rarely used them in the past.

And I'm not even trying to contact these girls. I simply belong to a few groups there and these girls contacted me after I made a few posts. 2 girls whom I never knew existed contacted me this week alone (one from Kiev), both in their early 30's.

RW generally don't use dating sites, but there is a boatload that are looking for love and who would consider a foreigner.

In my experience living here over the years, there are just as many real RW "looking", if not more, than during the MOB heyday. And no, they have little problem with America contrary to some here.

Think outside the box people.

Plenty of RW under 30 also use FB/Instagram for a variety of reasons and the vast majority speak English, or are trying to learn which is one of the main reasons they're there. I suspect there is another reason why as well.  :)

If your living in Russia it is as easy as 1-2-3 to meet a Russian women of any age Generally..

You can meet them on Facebook, Tinder, Ok in fact any where.. On tinder you can meet a beautiful young women each and every night.. and have sex as much as you want be you a Russian guy or foreigner.. or expat..

BUT if your a foreigner living in another country looking for a young Russian girl for marriage I can categorically tell you you have little hope..you certainly will have your work cut out!

No one has proved me wrong yet? Where are the weddings? They simply are not interested anymore FINITO!! Young women? Im speaking about women under 30.. it came to an end a few years back!

You may turn up from say the USA flash your passport around to a few young girls, of course they will be interested.. but mostly out of curiosity to look at your passport maybe and say hello.. To marry you and move to your country?? That is a totally different story..

I can go on Facebook , VK or Tinder tonight and have a date with a young beauty as easy as 1-2-3 I can then come back here and say "Hey you know what? These young Russian beauties  are easy to pick up" I could even have sex with 10 young beauties this week..I could then say "You know what Steve talks a load of bollocks"

But I know exactly how the dating scene works like clockwork.. 100%

Right now we got loads of young girls registering 18-25 all bored stuck at home.. nothing else to do..

So then we come to THE women who really would be interested in marrying a foreigner and they nearly all fall in to a certain age group and category 38/40-60 Already been married and with kids..BUT before you think or come to the conclusion that well that is obvious as divorced women with kids in Russia are left on the shelf as Russian guys do not need them.. :laugh: Your already on the wrong track!!

Most of these older women they are already set on the idea of marrying a foreigner and generally they will always go to a place where there is the best chance of finding foreigners looking for love an International dating site or some thing like.. you will not find these women searching on Facebook/VK/Tinder that is IF they even have it..

International dating is not dead if your looking for an older women.. Unfortunately most of the guys who are looking for a so called Russian bride are looking for women young enough to be their grand daughter and for these guys.. yes it id dead as a door nail!!

So if your a foreign guy who has realistic expectations and is serious for marriage an International dating site is still and will be the best option..

tiphat

Offline Danchik

• Russia Guru
« Reply #72 on: April 17, 2020, 08:08:21 AM »
So if your a foreign guy who has realistic expectations and is serious for marriage an International dating site is still and will be the best option..
 tiphat
I see you working Steve  :). Dating sites are an option, the best one, well, I don't agree.

Whether you meet through a dating site or anywhere, it all starts with a hi. I met my first RW in an AOL chat room years ago, just by saying hi and taking it from there.

She lived in Boston and I in LA. That's a 6 hr flight just for the record, or less time than flying to Russia from anywhere in Europe.

My point is, don't limit yourself. Many relationships/marriages started in the most innocent of ways, e.g., meeting at a coffee shop, standing in line, connecting in a group on a social network where you already share commons interests, etc..

IMO, the best way is to come and spend time in Russia, that's by far the best way if we're talking about the best way.

No, you don't have to live here just spend some time here. I know quite a few relationships that started by either the RW being in their country or vice versa for little more than a couple of weeks.

If I lived in America I could find a RW in Russia easily without the help of a dating site. And it would be much easier if I lived in Europe obviously.

When it is dark enough, men see the stars.

Offline Steveboy

• Commercial Member
« Reply #73 on: April 17, 2020, 08:17:49 AM »
 tiphat
I see you working Steve  :). Dating sites are an option, the best one, well, I don't agree.

Whether you meet through a dating site or anywhere, it all starts with a hi. I met my first RW in an AOL chat room years ago, just by saying hi and taking it from there.

She lived in Boston and I in LA. That's a 6 hr flight just for the record, or less time than flying to Russia from anywhere in Europe.

My point is, don't limit yourself. Many relationships/marriages started in the most innocent of ways, e.g., meeting at a coffee shop, standing in line, connecting in a group on a social network where you already share commons interests, etc..

IMO, the best way is to come and spend time in Russia, that's by far the best way if we're talking about the best way.

No, you don't have to live here just spend some time here. I know quite a few relationships that started by either the RW being in their country or vice versa for little more than a couple of weeks.

If I lived in America I could find a RW in Russia easily without the help of a dating site. And it would be much easier if I lived in Europe obviously.

If I lived in America I could find a RW in Russia easily   I do not agree with that.. it is not easy!! Living in Europe will not help you either.. you can look on Facebook/VK/Tinder/International dating sites/marriage agencies

It is not easy! Expect 2/3/4 years to find her..with lots of heart ache and travel along the way..as well as that your going to have to work like a dog..then you MIGHT succeed..

We all have opinions and that is mine..

o not agree with that.. it is not easy!!

Offline Wiz

« Reply #74 on: April 17, 2020, 08:20:47 AM »

Best advice and never lost any money including not only full refunds but also claims for extra expenses because of their action! 

Moby, I agree with you for not asking my opinion ...... because you will have to say Thank you,  something that it's not part of your Character.....! :biggrin:
Why the sun does not shine on the Ex- British Empire Anymore? Because God never trusted an Englishman in the dark!

Registration