The World's #1 Russian, Ukrainian & Eastern European Discussion & Information Forum - RUA!

This Is the Premier Discussion Forum on the Net for Information and Discussion about Russia, Ukraine, Eastern Europe and the Former Soviet Union. Discuss Culture, Politics, Travelling, Language, International Relationships and More. Chat with Travellers, Locals, Residents and Expats. Ask and Answer Questions about Travel, Culture, Relationships, Applying for Visas, Translators, Interpreters, and More. Give Advice, Read Trip Reports, Share Experiences and Make Friends.

Author Topic: Ever had your first meeting with a woman by sharing the same hotel room?  (Read 5189 times)

Offline martincop

• Trips: 1-5
Re: Ever had your first meeting with a woman by sharing the same hotel room?
« Reply #50 on: October 23, 2019, 05:05:48 PM »
yes and it went like a dream. You have to communicate well with someone before you decide to get on a plane to go see them. It is kinda of inferred what's going to happen if there is some chemistry. No one has to feel shame or guilt - it is what people do what they are attracted to each other, have been waiting to meet each other.

When I was in Kiev for New Year's 2017, I met two Turkish guys. One had plans for the following weekend to meet a Russian woman in Ukraine somewhere, I don't remember where. The story was that she was paying for her train ride there and that they were to share a hotel room and, presumably, all that goes along with that. An RuA'er also told me he first met a couple of different women in person by flying into their city and staying with them in their apartment.  It seems like that sort of thing is a thing, but I don't know how common it is.

I decided to try that sort of arrangement for my upcoming trip. I met a few girls online and asked each of them if they'd like to join me in a touristy city in Ukraine in which they do not live. I got one "no", one "no answer", another "let's just meet in person when you arrive" and a 4th "maybe", pending a video call or two and getting to know each other a little better. As I've stated elsewhere, I am not good at sustaining a conversation without meeting in person.

My questions: Have you ever met a woman for the first time with stated plans to share the same dwelling? If so, how much did you communicate beforehand? Who proposed staying in the same room? How far into discussions did you propose staying in the same room?  If you've done this, how did it go?

Offline Valenki

• Trips: 5-10
« Reply #51 on: October 30, 2019, 09:53:00 PM »
By the way, NS1, what road course are you on in that Mustang?

It looks a bit like the Esses at Sears Point.
I agree. There is a particular blade of grass in that photo that is distinctly 'Sears Point ... not to mention that tiny gouge in the tarmac where I dropped my tyre iron back in 1974. They haven't fixed it yet?!

Offline justadude

• Trips: 1-5
« Reply #52 on: November 03, 2019, 07:13:26 PM »
By the way, NS1, what road course are you on in that Mustang?

It looks a bit like the Esses at Sears Point.
I agree. There is a particular blade of grass in that photo that is distinctly 'Sears Point ... not to mention that tiny gouge in the tarmac where I dropped my tyre iron back in 1974. They haven't fixed it yet?!
What did you race at Sears Point? I raced in G production, Improved Touring A, GT3 and Improved Touring B. I was pretty competitive in G production for a season and a half.