The World's #1 Russian, Ukrainian & Eastern European Discussion & Information Forum - RUA!

This Is the Premier Discussion Forum on the Net for Information and Discussion about Russia, Ukraine, Eastern Europe and the Former Soviet Union. Discuss Culture, Politics, Travelling, Language, International Relationships and More. Chat with Travellers, Locals, Residents and Expats. Ask and Answer Questions about Travel, Culture, Relationships, Applying for Visas, Translators, Interpreters, and More. Give Advice, Read Trip Reports, Share Experiences and Make Friends.

Author Topic: Georgia  (Read 1257 times)

Offline Omega1982

• Spouses Country: Not determined / USA
  • Trips: 5-10
Georgia
« on: October 04, 2019, 09:55:10 PM »
Recently I was traveling in Eurasia (not Georgia) and I met a rather attractive Georgian woman in her mid forties.  She said her husband, which is 70 years old is American and lives in Georgia.  I immediately thought it might be Max's wife!  But then she said he is a retired postal worker so I realized it wasn't him.  Her husband is actually also from the mid west which is rather interesting.  Maybe she's in her late forties, but she looks stunning!  It's impossible for a 70 year old man to have a woman like her in the US, that's for sure.  She works, even though she mentioned how well they live on his pension in Georgia. 

The strange part is that according to her, there are many Americans married to Georgian women.  Yet, I've never come across a profile of a Georgian woman on the dating sites.  I visited Georgia once, although I traveled with an FSU woman from another country.  It was my way of killing two birds with one stone.  Visiting a new and beautiful country and also spending time with the woman.  But I didn't really see any foreigners dating local women or any sort of international dating there.  I think the Georgian women are perhaps amongst the most difficult of all FSU women to date.  I think there are more dating options in Central Asia than in Georgia. 

Any thoughts? 

Offline msmoby

• BANNED
  • BANNED
  • Spouses Country: Russia
  • Trips: 20+
Re: Georgia
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2019, 05:37:35 AM »
Those who have travelled there most recently may give you a different response who to those who listen to others on this matter..

MY observation was not that of some members who live there or tried to date there in the past.

But.. I was not trying to date anyone.

I've no idea what the dating scene is but I saw plenty of women that dress well, though not as overtly sexy as say RU / UA women .

Those less than forty may speak little Russian

'Good Luck' with the language and alphabet ;)

They are serious Facebookers and messenger pings are heard every second on the metro

There ARE Georgia dates sites and i've seen them advertised - in the local language.

Next time I'm there - I'll look

I have never claimed to be a Blue Beret

Spurious claims about 'seeing action' with the Blue Berets are debunked >here<

Here is my Russophobia/Kremlinphobia topic

Online 2tallbill

• Trips: 10-20
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2019, 11:03:24 AM »
I think the Georgian women are perhaps amongst the most difficult of all FSU women to date.  I think there are more dating options in Central Asia than in Georgia. 

Any thoughts?

I would tend to agree that Georgian women are probably the most difficult
to date, but I haven't tried to date any Chechen's (or my head might be on
a stick somewhere).

In the Stan's you can chase Russian girls or Stan girls. The Stan girls are
mostly Muslim and the Russian girls are mostly not Muslim. It's been years
since I was in the hunt, but I would recommend pursueing the non Muslim
gals.

That's my two kopecks

Bill
FSUW are not for entry level daters. FSUW don't do vague FSUW like a man of action so be a man of action  If you find a promising girl, get your butt on a plane. There are a hundred ways to be successful and a thousand ways to f#ck it up
Kiss the girl, don't ask her first.
Get an apartment not a hotel. DON'T recycle girls

Online andrewfi

• Supporting Member
    • Articles About Almost Anything!
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2019, 12:05:29 PM »
If a person who is a part of a group of people doing a similar thing then it is natural, normal, for them to think that what they are doing is much more general and widespread than it really is.

If this woman told you that if she knows two others doing the same thing then, in her mind, that's lots. That's how people think. One, two, three, many.

As of 2014 there were just over 2,500 women from Georgia living in the USA. http://migration.commission.ge/files/migration_profile_2017_eng__final_.pdf

Twice that many women now live in Russia and over 4 times as many live in Greece.

So, yes, it's a few, given that most of those people are likely to be in families and when leaving in marriage, likely to be marrying emigrant male Georgians as is very common.
...everything ends always well; if it’s still bad, then it’s not the end!

Offline msmoby

• BANNED
  • BANNED
  • Trips: 20+
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2019, 12:28:51 AM »
Ever BEEN to Georgia, andrewfi...?

How do you know GE folk tend to marry within their native ex-pat group ?

I know several GE folk married to example:

1/ US citizens

2/ Russian citizens

3/ Armenians

4/ Irish ..

'Googling' doesn't help demonstrate you don't know a place / people to advise.. I've lived there six months in the last 2.5 years 

I have never claimed to be a Blue Beret

Spurious claims about 'seeing action' with the Blue Berets are debunked >here<

Here is my Russophobia/Kremlinphobia topic