Dating & Marriage With Women From Russia, Ukraine, Belarus & FSU > Married Chat

Is it important for your wife to make local western friends?

(1/3) > >>

Manny:

--- Quote from: Confederate on September 21, 2019, 09:40:19 AM ---I think it’s more important though for her to make American friends here in her adopted homeland.

--- End quote ---

I disagree. My wife has the odd random pal in the UK (mothers of kids at school for example who invite her to places, women she has met on her travels, etc), but she never made any close friends here with British women in 13 or so years. And she is totally cool with that and happy to stay in touch with her friends in Russia.

She always thought British women don’t really share her values. They want to go out eating chips, or McDonald’s, drinking a lot and nightclubbing till 3am. She’s not into excessive drinking or junk food. British women don’t really get the foreign woman who wants to eat steamed fish before 6pm so she doesn’t get fat, drinks kefir and isn’t interested in being out till 3am drunk.

Women where we live don’t seem particularly big into family values, health, fitness, the gym, fashion or having their kids learn the piano for example. They don’t appear terribly interested in psychology, feng shui, interesting books, travel or other stuff my wife is interested in. They seem big into visiting Nando’s, watching reality TV, obsessing about crap on Facebook, drinking gin and tonic and falling over drunk at 2am while their kids play video games.

Be careful what you wish for. Having your wife make too many local friends may turn her into one of the local women you went abroad to avoid.

Hunter7:

--- Quote from: Manny on September 21, 2019, 04:20:55 PM ---
--- Quote from: Confederate on September 21, 2019, 09:40:19 AM ---I think it’s more important though for her to make American friends here in her adopted homeland.

--- End quote ---

I disagree. My wife has the odd random pal in the UK (mothers of kids at school for example who invite her to places, women she has met on her travels, etc), but she never made any close friends here with British women in 13 or so years. And she is totally cool with that and happy to stay in touch with her friends in Russia.

She always thought British women don’t really share her values. They want to go out eating chips, or McDonald’s, drinking a lot and nightclubbing till 3am. She’s not into excessive drinking or junk food. British women don’t really get the foreign woman who wants to eat steamed fish before 6pm so she doesn’t get fat, drinks kefir and isn’t interested in being out till 3am drunk.

Women where we live don’t seem particularly big into family values, health, fitness, the gym, fashion or having their kids learn the piano for example. They don’t appear terribly interested in psychology, feng shui, interesting books, travel or other stuff my wife is interested in. They seem big into visiting Nando’s, watching reality TV, obsessing about crap on Facebook, drinking gin and tonic and falling over drunk at 2am while their kids play video games.

Be careful what you wish for. Having your wife make too many local friends may turn her into one of the local women you went abroad to avoid.

--- End quote ---

I agree and share your views. Funny your wife drinks kefir. I chose a traditional RU woman to court purposely for how un-american and more traditional she will be. The woman I am courting also drinks kefir, as do I.

Everything you state about American women is exactly the behavior I do not want influencing my future wife. Her hobbies, children, the home, and a couple of well chosen friends should help for degeneracy of America not to influence her.

Dogsoldier:

--- Quote from: Hunter7 on September 21, 2019, 07:06:28 PM ---
--- Quote from: Manny on September 21, 2019, 04:20:55 PM ---

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

I agree and share your views. Funny your wife drinks kefir. I chose a traditional RU woman to court purposely for how un-american and more traditional she will be. The woman I am courting also drinks kefir, as do I.

Everything you state about American women is exactly the behavior I do not want influencing my future wife. Her hobbies, children, the home, and a couple of well chosen friends should help for degeneracy of America not to influence her.

--- End quote ---
You can’t make those choices for her.
She has to make her own friends and find her own way ( with help from you, of course) but don’t try to restrict her choices.
If she’s sensible enough she will adapt in her own way without an all out embrace of ‘ the American way’ and keep to a social construct she is familiar and comfortable with.
Like Mannys wife, my wife too doesn’t have deep friendships with local girls, although she has made friends. She has more friends in the Eastern European diaspora. ( she gets along with Mannys and a few other members wives very well, actually)

msmoby:
The responses from UK chaps with FSU wives amused me..

My ex wife had RU sat TV (’oh you shouldn't do that, it will hold back her integration') and met with my UK friends and family, as well as FSU wives of UK based chaps..who also provided their wives with RU TV.

Manny chooses to live in a place where the locals largely do behave as he explains...

I moved my family to a place without a McDs ( they came within six months) or an abundance of chain restaurants.

[0ff topic content removed]

Manny:

--- Quote from: msmoby on September 22, 2019, 01:42:03 AM ---The responses from UK chaps with FSU wives amused me..

My ex wife had RU sat TV (’oh you shouldn't do that, it will hold back her integration') and met with my UK friends and family, as well as FSU wives of UK based chaps..who also provided their wives with RU TV

--- End quote ---

That you obsess about providing women with Homeland television isn’t really germane to the discussion.

But you are hardly in a position to explain the best way forward as a married bloke considering the woman you reference above divorced you.

As DS notes above, the diaspora can yield the odd good friend, his wife and mine are a good example of that. Although many unsavoury characters lurk in that pond.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version