The World's #1 Russian, Ukrainian & Eastern European Discussion & Information Forum - RUA!

This Is the Premier Discussion Forum on the Net for Information and Discussion about Russia, Ukraine, Eastern Europe and the Former Soviet Union. Discuss Culture, Politics, Travelling, Language, International Relationships and More. Chat with Travellers, Locals, Residents and Expats. Ask and Answer Questions about Travel, Culture, Relationships, Applying for Visas, Translators, Interpreters, and More. Give Advice, Read Trip Reports, Share Experiences and Make Friends.

Author Topic: Sponsored or "Kept" Women  (Read 2666 times)

Offline B.B.

• Supporting Member
Re: Sponsored or "Kept" Women
« Reply #25 on: September 14, 2019, 09:23:52 PM »
1. Have you ever met someone who was in a sponsored relationship? Yes
2. Did you know the sponsor, sponsoree or both?  Sponsoree
3. Did the people live together during the relationship?  From time to time on "vacations"
4. Was there emotional intimacy or at least an emotional connection? On the man's side, 100%.  On hers...well.  She liked him as a person, I suppose, but was more about providing the GFE.
5. How long did the relationship last? Months to years.
6. How specific were the terms of the agreement? Unspoken, but observed.
7. Do you think either of these people would do this again? Probably.
8. How much money was involved? Was it a monthly allowance type of thing with a set amount?  More ad hoc than specified.
9. How did the people meet each other? Dating sites.  One imagines that there were tacit signals given and received in both directions.
10. Did the sponsor live full time in the country where the sponsoree lived? Not that I was aware of.

I used to date a girl in Odessa.  Her BFF was sponsored by a WM.  We used to hang out with said BFF and her local boyfriend.  I was friendly with this couple.  The three of them spoke decent English.  The BFF had figured out that my girl had filled her in on the situation and she (the BFF) asked me not to mention it to the boyfriend.  It's not my problem, so I didn't.  It's one thing to help out from time to time in an established relationship, but if you have a girl on retainer/salary, then it's an economic transaction.

B/B
Saving the World, One Clue at a Time
If your religion insults my intelligence, don't be surprised when my intelligence insults your religion.

Offline Halo

« Reply #26 on: September 14, 2019, 09:33:43 PM »
Touch’e however you were raised and educated in the West and you’re prone to defending feminist ideology at all costs.

No, that's untrue.  There are excesses in feminism, just as there are in every movement.  But, this isn't the forum to discuss them.  What I do defend against is the silly overstatements about "WW".  Incidentally, the rate of divorce for WM/FSUW marriages is as high, or higher, than are WM/WW marriages.

More importantly you’re not a WM and therefore it’s simply impossible for you to relate or to have experienced, what American Guys and European guys have experienced the past few decades.

I have sons, though, and a daughter.  Two of my children are in their early twenties - technically of marriageable age.  Our daughter can cook, in fact, she's a better cook than am I.  Our son cooks as well, worked in a restaurant in high school, and is also a better cook than am I, and I am actually a very good cook.  His pesto (not cooked ;D) is out of this world.  From what I observe from them and their friends, they are seeking egalitarian relationships.  Now, I will concede, this is from a certain demographic - highly intelligent, and exceptionally well educated and well read.

One of our daughter's friends, a few years older than her, has a Russian mother, European father, and grew up in both Russia and Asia (where his father worked).  At age 21, he married an AW, and they are still happily married, living in Canada.  My nephew in Toronto, age 24, is engaged to an AW.  They aren't planning on marrying soon, but his parents absolutely adore her, and believe she's the best thing that's ever happened to him.  She has some sort of high finance job in Toronto, and is working on her master's degree at the University of Toronto.

The reality is that the vast majority of WM marry WW, and most of those marriages do not end in divorce.  So, I believe you overstate the demise of the WW.  While about a third of AW don't cook (according to studies), the trend is to more home cooking rather than the other way (although slight), and the number of men who can cook has jumped drastically, to just over 50%. 

Speaking of College Football, yeah, buh bye.  :laugh:

I meant European football, AKA soccer.  He watched three games today from France, Italy, and Germany.  I never got into the game, but I sit with him while  he's watching, after I've cleaned house.  I'm not into American football either, but at least I understand the game.

Halo how did you meet your husband?  You went to Ukraine for him right.  There wasn't even internet back then let alone whatsapp, skype. This was the early 80's I believe... strange stuff.

I went to Kyiv to study.  There was a program then called "Tovarestvo" which funded foreign students' study in Ukraine - room and board, essentially.  I was walking down the street, and he and a friend (really an acquaintance, as he didn't have friends) approached me to talk to a foreigner.  His friend was delighted that I could speak Ukrainian, as the friend's English was almost non existent.  Marrying a foreigner at that time was dangerous and foolhardy for a Soviet citizen.  It took us over two years to obtain permission to marry.

Online andrewfi

• Supporting Member
    • Articles About Almost Anything!
« Reply #27 on: September 16, 2019, 05:31:36 AM »
Guille, money does not necessarily mess up a relationship. It can be a lubricant, door opener, range extender. However, I don't think that'd be the case if the bloke with the money is mindfusked.

If a bloke uses money as a possibility enhancement tool then the money must become irrelevant to the relationship, in his eyes at least. Something never questioned, never mentioned, never discussed. Make the relationship about other things. Expand her range, give her opportunities, experiences, access. Help her to blossom, to enjoy herself, with you, in ways that she hadn't experienced before.
...everything ends always well; if it’s still bad, then it’s not the end!

Online andrewfi

• Supporting Member
    • Articles About Almost Anything!
« Reply #28 on: September 17, 2019, 11:01:22 AM »
Guille, money does not necessarily mess up a relationship. It can be a lubricant, door opener, range extender. However, I don't think that'd be the case if the bloke with the money is mindfusked.

If a bloke uses money as a possibility enhancement tool then the money must become irrelevant to the relationship, in his eyes at least. Something never questioned, never mentioned, never discussed. Make the relationship about other things. Expand her range, give her opportunities, experiences, access. Help her to blossom, to enjoy herself, with you, in ways that she hadn't experienced before.

Having re-read these words, I realised that they are not universally true. They are true in terms of how I see these arrangments and how it has worked for me.

Many guys see things differently; in essence as a quantity discount on their whoring and the convenience of immediate or planned access. I rather think that's a bit of a waste.

-------------

moby seems to be projecting again. :)
...everything ends always well; if it’s still bad, then it’s not the end!

Offline justadude

• Trips: 1-5
« Reply #29 on: September 20, 2019, 10:36:55 PM »
Thanks B.B. for the helpful information.
-justadude