The World's #1 Russian, Ukrainian & Eastern European Discussion & Information Forum - RUA!

This Is the Premier Discussion Forum on the Net for Information and Discussion about Russia, Ukraine, Eastern Europe and the Former Soviet Union. Discuss Culture, Politics, Travelling, Language, International Relationships and More. Chat with Travellers, Locals, Residents and Expats. Ask and Answer Questions about Travel, Culture, Relationships, Applying for Visas, Translators, Interpreters, and More. Give Advice, Read Trip Reports, Share Experiences and Make Friends.

Author Topic: Visiting Kiev and making (almost) every possible mistake : Round 2!  (Read 15060 times)

Online andrewfi

• Supporting Member
    • Articles About Almost Anything!
Re: Visiting Kiev and making (almost) every possible mistake : Round 2!
« Reply #25 on: September 04, 2019, 07:30:33 AM »
You do not need to be younger or taller. That you take that away from what I wrote is just a reflection of how you think about yourself and a reflection of your own issues!

Look, I am 58 years old. I am fat - obese. I am not rich. I do not have a problem attracting women who I find to be good company, sexy, attractive, who enjoy me. Oh, mostly they are significantly younger - not because I go looking but because that's what happens.

All the stuff I wrote above about how to solve your problems (albeit written in very broad brush terms) is what I did. What ANYONE who enjoys success with women does.

When you meet a woman who interests you, figure out what she needs and give it to her. Listen to her A LOT, pay attention to her A LOT, help her to know that while you want to bang her brains out, that there's a whole lot more to the way you think of her than that. Most women get that -  they enjoy good sex - good sex!

Learn a skill when it comes to sex, be good at it, make sure that she always gets pleasure from that skill. Expand your repertoire, learn her body. Most men never do that.

Don't go chasing after users, or settling for women you have no respect for. You will be unhappy, so will she! An unhappy relationship is worse than no relationship.

I figured it out for myself, but perhaps I started from a better place than you. I was older, fatter, and less well-off than you. I could not be lazy. I could not make excuses. So, I did neither.

So, don't give me the bollocks that you are giving me here. Stop with the whining and start with building the life you say you want. Or perhaps you already have the life you really want?
...everything ends always well; if it’s still bad, then it’s not the end!

Online Guile

« Reply #26 on: September 04, 2019, 07:50:17 AM »
andrew your advice isn't specific to his needs in Ukraine. it's a general self-help chant aimed at no one. anyone can get that stuff on youtube or a seminar.

Offline Mr strange

• Trips: None Yet
« Reply #27 on: September 04, 2019, 08:55:26 AM »
Steveboy you are making it sound like it's mission impossible!  It's actually quite easy if you know what you are doing.

I was in Russia this year. Met alot of new girls 20's and 30's. If you speak even basic Russian and are half intelligent you will do ok.

The methods used of yesteryear don't work.  No one I know goes for a 2 week visit trying to find a wife.  You need to spend 1-2 months there living like a local and getting a feel for the place.

Honestly most of the "advice" here is useless.   Next time I am in Moscow, if you come over I'll show you around.  Get your Russian tourist visa, be prepared to spend 2-3 weeks here and start learning Russian.

The majority of people looking in Ukraine just follow the same approach and that is why it's 100% not really a way to be succes.

That is where Steveboy is right!

As for being the man and taking control of any dating and who he dates that is also a great majority of non succesful men as few ever educate them selfs prior to be going or what the hell is a alpha male?

There is a lot of fine documentaries and other that will tell you what works. If you have money to burn go ahead.

As for who you can have is everyone you just have to find the one and stick to that one. Dating is different in the Ukraine and a little study on that would be essential for your understanding.

Finding the girls is the trick the ones with real desire and they want a alpha man to get married to. Try picking the one that really shines for you and go for that. Nothing else just one.

Offline Habeed

« Reply #28 on: September 04, 2019, 09:49:55 AM »
El date 2. This is the girl that is either the sister or friend of Nt the user.  Went far better this time - we saw a number of sites, the lunch bill was reasonable, etc.  This is a girl that is not on any site, she gave up after being matched with 60 year old men.  She is 33.  From her voice, her obvious intelligence, her caring - she feels just like a high grade European mother.  Also she's a ballet instructor.  And she changed plans in order to meet me again tomorrow.

Anyways I don't know if this woman is the one, but she is far closer to someone I could live with and while at her age her market value in Kiev isn't high, she's not a total leftover.  I can definitely see that other men would be interested in her.

My thoughts agree with the above.  Look, if you are selling a boat or a house, if you are in a rush to make a deal, and you only advertise in limited auctions only cheapskates attend, you will get an abysmal price.  A 400k house might go for 120k at auction.  Or less.

Going on these specific sites, the ones I used, is like putting yourself up in the cheapskates auction.  A marriage is a long term contract, it has a net present value, etc.  The only wrinkle is that after a man and woman spend a lot of time in close proximity (probably faster if they  :censored: ) their bodies release hormones that cause them to (for a while, usually about a year) value the partner more than an equivalent or slightly better mate elsewhere.

Anyways, yeah, to get market rate you need a lot of bidders and you need time, time actually in country to make the deal.

And I am not whining.  I got taken but have learned my lesson.  And I have gotten the equivalent of "cash offers" for myself in the form of spinsters wanting to jump my bones.  And, worst case, a mistress from here would honestly not be bad.  I have had one before, at least for me it was like having a hot girlfriend with none of the drawbacks except financial.  (And that amount would be negotiated and predictable, not where she grabs your credit card and goes wild)

Offline BillyB

• Trips: 10-20
« Reply #29 on: September 04, 2019, 09:54:51 AM »
Here's where I first encounter outright racism in the USA, she asks if it's true we have n******* there.

No you did not encounter outright racism. They use the N word the same way we say "black person". I'm a minority and I know the girls I dated aren't racist to me but they, their friends and family, have pointed out a black person and ask if we in America call them the N word too.

You are likely to dismiss quality women as bad women due to not understanding their culture. Never assume they know or have adopted the American culture.
Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776. If you want to stop the war in Ukraine, fix elections, stop medical tyranny and forced vaccinations, lower inflation and make America and the world a better place, get Trump back into power. The Democrats and Republicans have shown they can't do the job. They are good at robbing us and getting people killed in non stop wars.

Online andrewfi

• Supporting Member
« Reply #30 on: September 04, 2019, 10:10:00 AM »
In Russian the word is not 'nigger', it does not even sound very similar. The word you hears sounds something like 'naygrey' or 'negrr'.

Many people have made the same mistake as you. US society is forever tainted with its recent history of slavery. The taint infects aspects of life, worse yet, you try to export the taint, as though a problem shared is a problem halved.

That's not to say there isn't racism in Ukraine or Russia, there most certainly is, but you'd not even know about it. The people are different, the effects are different and even the reasons are different.

By judging people through your cultural lens you are going to mistakes all the time. There's even a chance that your unforced errors on your previous expeditions were contributed to by cultural blindness. That's kinda normal when people with large cultural distances meet up.

Online andrewfi

• Supporting Member
« Reply #31 on: September 04, 2019, 10:18:36 AM »
By the way, talking of alpha and beta as though they are learned behaviours is probably a mistake. While the terms are not part of any professional's vocabulary, we, the general public use them as a shorthand. The behaviours and traits are however part of a professional's knowledge. Alpha and Beta are shorthand for aspects of personality and there's one thing about personality: you can't change it!

Personality can be masked for a while, but not concealed.
You can learn how to act like an Alpha or Beta but you can never be what you are not.

Alpha and Beta are neither better nor worse than each other, they are different. In order to succeed, people who fall into each group need to learn what they are, understand what they are and then learn to best use their in-built traits. Self-awareness is key.

Offline Halo

« Reply #32 on: September 04, 2019, 01:51:36 PM »
Maybe this problem can't be solved, but it's despiriting to be walking with the worst looking girl of her age on the whole damn street here in Kiev. Kiev

This is your main problem, and frankly, it can't be solved.   The attitude will ensure you will never succeed in the FSU.  It's probably best for you to date locally.

?!  Even the worst looking girl is generally decent compared to what's available in the USA.  She's overweight but not obese.  And how is this an "attitude".  I am simply observing and noticing I'm not doing well in relative terms.  This is a valid observation.  If you bought a used car and then figured out that yours has the most mechanical problems and you also paid more than everyone in your whole city, you'd feel pretty bad, right?   Even if it turned out that once you ship the car to your home you find it was a bargain price back home.

Maybe I can't do better.  Maybe I can.  But the reason I'm not succeeding better so far is the girls who would be 'average' (for their age) on the street aren't even on the sites that cater to foreigners like me I have tried.  (UKD, UKDing, B&L)  Certainly not with profiles they check if they are even there.

Hence my thought of maybe I need to change my search strategy.  And sure, learning the language and culture would help.  It's not as if I am unwilling to do so, I just haven't yet. 

Anyways, I find this post of yours pointlessly defeatist and negative.  I mean, so I'm just another foreigner here.  But I'm trying, 10 years before most men do.  I don't believe I'm "entitled" to anyone, I'm just observing that if my matches are in the bottom 5%, maybe I can do better.  This is a reasonable assumption.

If you had a job offer and it pays in the bottom 5% of your profession, and to take that offer would lock you out of taking other jobs for a several year period at least, are you saying you should just take it?  (software) Job interviews these days have a language of their own, it's practically like learning a foreign language and culture in itself.  As a foreigner to things like "geek4geeks", you are going to get a low offer if you get one at all.

Are you saying that I'm incapable of learning?  [insult removed]

So you went to a foreign country and dated women you don't find attractive.  On top of that, you are conned out of hundreds of dollars by these unattractive women.  Yeah, that makes perfect sense.

There are 100 million American women.  Some of them are extremely attractive.  If you can't find a woman you find attractive, then the problem is in you, not the women.

Incidentally, there are scammers in Russia, too.
After the fall of communism, the biggest mistake Boris Yeltsin's regime made was not to disband the KGB altogether. Instead it changed its name to the FSB and, to many observers, morphed into a gangster organisation, eventually headed by master criminal Vladimir Putin. - Gerard Batten

Offline Manny

• Spouses Country: Russia
  • Trips: 20+
« Reply #33 on: September 04, 2019, 02:05:34 PM »
You do not need to be younger or taller. That you take that away from what I wrote is just a reflection of how you think about yourself and a reflection of your own issues!

That reminded me of this song I heard on the radio today:

In Russian the word is not 'nigger', it does not even sound very similar. The word you hears sounds something like 'naygrey' or 'negrr'.

I'd like to clarify that. The Russian word is "nigr" or "niger". To the English ear it sounds exactly like Nigger. The root is niger (black) in Latin; from which the River Niger comes from. Or in fact, Nigeria. "Naygrey" is negro and is a variant. Neither are especially derogatory in Russian. That said, Russian women are cautious of blacks as they dont know much about them. Is that racist? Maybe where you come from. Would they care if you told them? Not at all.

[words]

OP, do some research. Read this topic, then read the topics in this room, then read this book and then you will realise everything you have done wrong.

Read a trip report from North Korea >>here<< - Read a trip report from South Korea, China and Hong Kong >>here<<

Look what the American media makes some people believe:
Putin often threatens to strike US with nuclear weapons.

Offline Lord of the Dance

• Supporting Hero Member
« Reply #34 on: September 04, 2019, 02:18:42 PM »
Another potentially apropos song of approximately the same genre:

Biz Markie - 'Just A Friend'

"My soul cries out with a joyful shout that the God of my heart is great, and my spirit sings of the wondrous things that you bring to the ones who wait." - Canticle of the Turning

Online Guile

« Reply #35 on: September 04, 2019, 02:29:15 PM »

I'd like to clarify that. The Russian word is "nigr" or "niger". To the English ear it sounds exactly like Nigger. The root is niger (black) in Latin; from which the River Niger comes from. Or in fact, Nigeria.

When I was in Russia they say that word as casually as we say apple pie.  They don't think it's offensive. and it does sound like "nigg*r".  I have to tell them to never say it to a black person.

There are a few Africans who work as street hustlers in Moscow, esp on the main streets by Red square. They try to get customers to come into a restaurant or shop.  One after chatting for 2 minutes flat out asked for the equivalent of $50!   

Offline MBS01

• Spouses Country: Ukraine
« Reply #36 on: September 04, 2019, 02:32:16 PM »
Read your story so far and have a few thoughts:
According to your post history and existing age you started on RUA 11 years ago at around age 25!  Yes?  You do not exactly read what you post as in the beginning you stated your present experience began in December 2019 about 3 months into the future?

Unlike some other posters I actually started in Russia and only later visited Ukraine having met both ladies and other posters from RUA and a previous forum Website in person both in the FSU and here in Canada.  As to your age when I was that old I met a lady from South America and we were married for a number of years so even now years later it can be done depending on the couple involved.

As to Ukraine there are ladies there seeking a good man.  Will they marry and move to your country?  It really depends on them being ready to marry and settle down in a foreign country too. 

In your posts you mention going to Sam's Steakhouse in Kiev, we have done so on occasion a few times however suggest for a first date meeting up for a coffee which is easy to do in Kiev or elsewhere in the FSU!   Also as you are living in Kiev consider later inviting the lady to come and share preparing dinner together at your apartment.  There should be no reason to not do so both of you can enjoy each other's company and a meal together.  As you seem to be offering a Gold Plated Date and as a result found Gold Diggers ready and willing to Mine it for all its worth.

These are just some random thoughts from someone who did this and will soon celebrate a 16th Anniversary with my lovely wife who was born in Russia and later lived in Ukraine and now Canada.

Online Guile

« Reply #37 on: September 04, 2019, 02:34:50 PM »
Now in the 'hood as we call it you better not be dropping the N bomb around. I hang out with da "brothas" sometimes if I'm playing sports or doing my music "thang"...

There's a black dude from NYC who's in Russia. Does alot of videos and seems to be killin' it with the women...

Brotha got mad game as we say.  But he plays the American card real well. If he were from African he wouldn't be doing so hot.

Online andrewfi

• Supporting Member
« Reply #38 on: September 04, 2019, 02:40:16 PM »
andrew your advice isn't specific to his needs in Ukraine. it's a general self-help chant aimed at no one. anyone can get that stuff on youtube or a seminar.

Best advice for him on this trip? Forget about finding a woman.

I have not been watching YouTube vids about dating. That stuff is hard-won from lots of mistakes and a few successes.

You are right it is not for now because getting it right takes a choice and practice.

Offline cufflinks

• Supporting Member
  • Trips: 1-5
« Reply #39 on: September 04, 2019, 03:44:28 PM »
I read this entire thread in about 1/2 hour and have to say I rather appreciated Andrew's and Steveboy's candid perhaps even blunt advice - no emotion just calling it as they see it.

I will say that I am constantly amazed at the adverts here on RUA like this one:

https://www.loveme.com/mp/info11.htm

She only has brown eyes but is an exceptional woman by any standards:

ID: 188339
Diana
Kiev, Ukraine

Zodiac: Aquarius, Dragon

Weight: 128lb, 58kg       Height: 5'6", 168cm

Measurements: 36-24-37

Measurements cm: 92-60-95

Eye Color: Brown      Hair Color: Blonde

Marital Status: Single

Children: None

Religion: Christian

Smoker: No       Drinker: No

Education: University

Company: Private

Job Title: Social Media Manager

Sports: Tennis, Bowling, Squash, Pilates

Hobbies: Dancing, Sommelier, Traveling, Painting, Gastronomy, Reading

English: fair

Languages: Ukrainian (native),Russian (excellent)

Self Description: Imagine how much you will receive just from taking a step towards a lady you really like. Do you know how many opportunities your brave move will open up? For example, real coffee with me! Or maybe even more? What do you think about? Firstly, I am here for a real life meeting. I am ready to ruin all of the boundaries in front of love, on the way to my chosen one. Of course, I want to become a special lady for someone, as well.

Comments: I dream to meet a romantic, honest and understanding man who could love me with all his heart and pure feelings. I'm not here looking for Brad Pitt or Johnny Depp. I just want to find a nice, serious and mature man who knows what he's looking for, who has serious intentions and who does not want to play games, and with whom I will feel comfortable and safe. I need a strong man who will love and respect me. Who is not afraid to be with such lady like me!

There seems to be some significant merit to working with one of this sites LONG TIME advertisers that has a decent US BBB rating and specializes in filtering ladies with serious intentions from the scammers and prodaters...  in my experience, you can only be scammed and prodated if you play along with their short con...

I see these ads and have searched the advertisers' site and have found hundreds of attractive sincere ladies that they will actually arrange face to face dates or meetups at their socials if you are truly sincere in finding a wife it should not be too difficult.

Start here https://www.loveme.com/women/search.htm  and to search by eye color just type brown, green, blue or gray one only at a time in the keywords and the correct matching eye color comes up nearly 100% of the time - I am a real sucker for Blue Eyed women with black hair or Green Eyed women with natural auburn hair... likely some of the original Viking genetic admixture a thousand years or so ago when Kiev was first settled.

https://www.loveme.com/tour/

If anyone objects to these links they are from the primary advertiser here so bitch to the management not me - I will just have you talk to the hand cuz the face don't want to hear it!

Ok Ok so I have been watching too much Maury Povitch Baby Daddy Lottery drama Midnight Ramblers TV (Midnight Ramber lyrics in Wishing Well was Terrence Trent Darby's biggest hit - years ago).  Good tune to bang to - just saying.

Offline Steveboy

• Commercial Member
  • Trips: Resident
« Reply #40 on: September 04, 2019, 03:56:57 PM »
I read this entire thread in about 1/2 hour and have to say I rather appreciated Andrew's and Steveboy's candid perhaps even blunt advice - no emotion just calling it as they see it.

I will say that I am constantly amazed at the adverts here on RUA like this one:

https://www.loveme.com/mp/info11.htm

She only has brown eyes but is an exceptional woman by any standards:

ID: 188339
Diana
Kiev, Ukraine

Zodiac: Aquarius, Dragon

Weight: 128lb, 58kg       Height: 5'6", 168cm

Measurements: 36-24-37

Measurements cm: 92-60-95

Eye Color: Brown      Hair Color: Blonde

Marital Status: Single

Children: None

Religion: Christian

Smoker: No       Drinker: No

Education: University

Company: Private

Job Title: Social Media Manager

Sports: Tennis, Bowling, Squash, Pilates

Hobbies: Dancing, Sommelier, Traveling, Painting, Gastronomy, Reading

English: fair

Languages: Ukrainian (native),Russian (excellent)

Self Description: Imagine how much you will receive just from taking a step towards a lady you really like. Do you know how many opportunities your brave move will open up? For example, real coffee with me! Or maybe even more? What do you think about? Firstly, I am here for a real life meeting. I am ready to ruin all of the boundaries in front of love, on the way to my chosen one. Of course, I want to become a special lady for someone, as well.

Comments: I dream to meet a romantic, honest and understanding man who could love me with all his heart and pure feelings. I'm not here looking for Brad Pitt or Johnny Depp. I just want to find a nice, serious and mature man who knows what he's looking for, who has serious intentions and who does not want to play games, and with whom I will feel comfortable and safe. I need a strong man who will love and respect me. Who is not afraid to be with such lady like me!

There seems to be some significant merit to working with one of this sites LONG TIME advertisers that has a decent US BBB rating and specializes in filtering ladies with serious intentions from the scammers and prodaters...  in my experience, you can only be scammed and prodated if you play along with their short con...

I see these ads and have searched the advertisers' site and have found hundreds of attractive sincere ladies that they will actually arrange face to face dates or meetups at their socials if you are truly sincere in finding a wife it should not be too difficult.

Start here https://www.loveme.com/women/search.htm  and to search by eye color just type brown, green, blue or gray one only at a time in the keywords and the correct matching eye color comes up nearly 100% of the time - I am a real sucker for Blue Eyed women with black hair or Green Eyed women with natural auburn hair... likely some of the original Viking genetic admixture a thousand years or so ago when Kiev was first settled.

If anyone objects to these links they are from the primary advertiser here so bitch to the management not me - I will just have you talk to the hand cuz the face don't want to hear it!

Ok Ok so I have been watching too much Maury Povitch Baby Daddy Lottery drama Midnight Ramblers TV (Midnight Ramber was the Black Brit Terrence Trent Darby's biggest hit - years ago).

As soon as you see this kind of shit you know its all bollocks women do not write this crap..

I had some half wit Mexican women from that site write to me only a week or two back.. wanted to speak to me about becoming an affiliate.. She was actually in town looking for me.. told her to sling her hook and not contact me again..
I support no government anywhere, ever, never. No institution, No religion!!

Online Guile

« Reply #41 on: September 04, 2019, 04:11:07 PM »
man with all that money for tours maybe I should set up my own tour company in Russia!

Offline dcguyusa

• Spouses Country: North America, South America, Europe, Asia
« Reply #42 on: September 04, 2019, 04:45:15 PM »
Each girl seems to want to believe you are seeing only them, and that other women don't exist.

In dating, nobody likes to date someone who is actively dating other people.  if you do prefer that type of person, then you must be into "open marriages".

Ok Ok so I have been watching too much Maury Povitch Baby Daddy Lottery drama Midnight Ramblers TV

Some of those people on Maury's show are real situations.  Sometimes pathetic, but true.   (:)

I am ready to ruin all of the boundaries in front of love, on the way to my chosen one.

Only a non-English speaking person would come up with something like this.  So who do you think you are, Helen of Troy?   :chuckle:
An uninformed opponent is a dangerous opponent.

"Y'all be makin shit up" ~ Markeith Loyd

Offline BillyB

• Trips: 10-20
« Reply #43 on: September 04, 2019, 07:38:36 PM »

Cufflinks, you been on these forums a long time so I'm surprised to read that from you. REAL women don't write the kind of profiles you read at loveme.com aka AFA(A Foreign Affair). I remember the custodial of records of a bunch of porn sites being in the same Arizona office as AFA.
Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776. If you want to stop the war in Ukraine, fix elections, stop medical tyranny and forced vaccinations, lower inflation and make America and the world a better place, get Trump back into power. The Democrats and Republicans have shown they can't do the job. They are good at robbing us and getting people killed in non stop wars.

Offline msmoby

• BANNED
  • BANNED
  • Spouses Country: Russia
« Reply #44 on: September 04, 2019, 09:10:33 PM »

Andrewfi,

As usual, the serially single guy is spouting bollox . .from 'dating advice' to Russian words..

To a western ear, it sounds just like Nigger and it is the first thing I warn a Russian speaker before coming to the west to avoid saying...

The N word simply refers to the colour and is in no way meant as derogatory.

My beloved is very dark skinned and I regularly hear her referred to as African / the N sounding word...but it is more surprise as she has blond hair....bleached by exposure to the sun..

If you are interested in FSU women, you have to know why.

If it is how they look..do not be scared to say so,  but try to learn some Russian and learn some of their history / culture. That will impress.

'Guille's' post is far more helpful, in that immersing yourself in the local dating scene will rapidly improve your confidence and you will be interesting, because you are not local.

If you can earn money whilst living there..Go for it.

Autumn ( Fall) is approaching and the winters in Moscow, St.Petersburg or Minsk are cold.

You will miss out on the seeing pretty things in summer dresses.

Why not plan your life around being there in Summer?

Your job will not involve meeting locals, except shopping or dating..

'Guille' says he teaches in the day time, so his life is 'full'...

This is a heck of a commitment and you may doubt yourself when sat alone in an apartment without a date..

You need to find an interest..be it a sport or something to mix with local young people and you should find you wondered why you were so scared)

Don't be that wide-eyed guy tipping up alone having lined up dates with young things on a western orientated dating site.

You are simply a money machine.

Steveboy's ladies are older, but he seems to go to a lot of trouble to weed out those who simply want to lighten your wallet.

This is supposed to be fun, so if you do not feel in control...hard if you do not speak Russian..you will always be on your guard.

Try to find an English speaker..

I have never claimed to be a Blue Beret

Spurious claims about 'seeing action' with the Blue Berets are debunked >here<

Here is my Russophobia/Kremlinphobia topic

Online Guile

« Reply #45 on: September 05, 2019, 03:01:10 AM »
mooby don't try to give advice when you haven't been actively dating for years and you know nothing of the Moscow or Russian scene.

well another one bites the dust! with all the "helpful" advice being posted I bet the OP won't be back for another 10 years!

Offline Steveboy

• Commercial Member
« Reply #46 on: September 05, 2019, 03:53:00 AM »
I have said so many times I get tired off it..

YOUNG UKRAINIAN WOMEN ARE NOT MARRING OLDER MEN ANYMORE.. And I always give any members the best most frank advise they will ever receive.. most eventually come to terms with it and continue their searches.. I do not need to sell fairy stories as selling fairy stories just gives you some short term members who soon leave once they become scammed.. Serious men seeking women in a realistic age group will always win.. Unfortunately that doesn't help young guys who travel to Ukraine to meet a women..but if your an older guy looking for a real women with no hassle and no problems stick to that rule and your on to a winner without a doubt..

Today some guy just wrote in about a young girl.. When guys write such letters I will always send them a photo of them selves with the girl and ask if they really see them selves married to such a girl.. A little reality check and usually they come to their senses..

Do not worry about the images they will will disappear within 14 days for privacy.

Offline Steveboy

• Commercial Member
« Reply #47 on: September 05, 2019, 04:07:02 AM »
here ia another example guy 60 years old wanting to marry Ukrainian girl 23 years old.. :laugh:

Of course it will not be so easy with this girl as she has wait for it "A life threatening disorder that will kill her in a few months and urgently needs 2000Euros for an operation"

:laugh: She looks fit and well to me!!!

Again a quick photo shoot to give an idea what you will look like on the wedding day brings home reality...

Online andrewfi

• Supporting Member
« Reply #48 on: September 05, 2019, 04:28:12 AM »
Why do some folks blart on about stuff they don't know?

Why do some folks imagine stuff, because it suits their prejudices?

Only if one is severely unable to discern sounds can one confuse the Russian word for black man as 'nigger'. It just isn't the same.

My guess is that this a case of language false friends. One understands almost nothing of what one hears and so the brain catches onto words that sound familiar. I think that many people genuinely think that the word they recall being spoken DID sound like nigger. It was a mind trick played by the brain in trying to understand its unfamiliar environment.

To help some of you whose hearing/recall is impaired by mind tricks let me try to help you.

This link carries the pronunciation and various forms of the word 'negr' in Russian: https://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/%D0%BD%D0%B5%D0%B3%D1%80

Here's the Russian pronunciation of the word as an audio file: https://translate.google.com/#view=home&op=translate&sl=en&tl=ru&text=nigger You can hear both the Russian and English versions. Now tell me how they sound the same.

To be fair, the standard definition of negr or негр in English is black man. I chose a non-standard definition to enable an easier comparison of the sounds of негр and nigger.

In Russian nouns, unlike most English nouns, have cases, with an altered spelling of the basic word. Thus негр, the masculine form, becomes негра when used in the genitive. Here's the audio file for the genitive form: https://translate.google.com/#view=home&op=translate&sl=ru&tl=en&text=%D0%BD%D0%B5%D0%B3%D1%80%D0%B0

Now, scoot back up-thread to see how I indicated the pronunciation of the word. You actually got the masculine and genitive form back there. The genitive is kinda like possessive case, so it refers to the colour of the man - as I understand it, so it would be common usage if talking about a specific man's appearance. Masculine case when referring to a black man - probably when speaking in general, or about a particular man but not, specifically, his colour.

For completeness, here's the feminine: негритянка, or negrityanka: https://translate.google.com/#view=home&op=translate&sl=ru&tl=en&text=%D0%BD%D0%B5%D0%B3%D1%80%D0%B8%D1%82%D1%8F%D0%BD%D0%BA%D0%B0

Many 'beginning' Russian speakers ignore all the various forms of words and stick to a single form, but of course, Russians and Russian speakers do not. Hence there's more confusion for some neophytes over the sounds of words.

This is something that comes up from time to time with the blind leading the blind down a confusing path. Once again light needs to be shone onto an old issue.

Online andrewfi

• Supporting Member
« Reply #49 on: September 05, 2019, 04:34:52 AM »
Steve, do you get guys who are not really looking for long term relationships but more of an 'arrangement'? I'd say sponsorship, but I don't really mean that. For vacations, intermittent visits; time spent together in exchange for shopping, money, or other benefits?

If you see such things do you ban the guys or allow it if the women are happy?

I ask because one sees any number of couples around the world where the age/looks do not match but where couples are obviously 'together'. And, of course, there are plenty of women who seek out exactly that sort of relationship.

Coincidentally, I was looking at a site suggested by a friend. As we are now just starting a new university year, it was notable how many young girls in a particular university town were seeking 'arrangements' in order to make their university life more comfortable. It was clear from the profiles that they are each trying to find a way to solve their financial issues in ways that fit within their individual comfort zones. Some were happy to have a relationship of sorts, others wanted to have something long term but very discreet, still others were offering individual transactions.

Even on Tinder, in the UK, I was seeing this. Girls 23 or under, at university, who actively sought some 'sugar' from older, 'generous' guys. Some were clearly foreign girls, others were, as far as I could tell, British.

Registration