The World's #1 Russian, Ukrainian & Eastern European Discussion & Information Forum - RUA!

This Is the Premier Discussion Forum on the Net for Information and Discussion about Russia, Ukraine, Eastern Europe and the Former Soviet Union. Discuss Culture, Politics, Travelling, Language, International Relationships and More. Chat with Travellers, Locals, Residents and Expats. Ask and Answer Questions about Travel, Culture, Relationships, Applying for Visas, Translators, Interpreters, and More. Give Advice, Read Trip Reports, Share Experiences and Make Friends.

Author Topic: How long can you sustain a conversation with someone who's not your gf/spouse?  (Read 4398 times)

Online Guile

with video calls and voice messages you get a real sense of who the person is.  That's why I don't like to text message only.  My record for talking to someone before actually meeting them was 5 years!!  We Skyped plenty and I never was able to go to her city in Russia until recently.  She ended up getting married to a Russian guy, but we were still friends and I met her husband. And there are a few that I have talked to for a year or so before actually meeting. 

So it can be done if you are engaging enough and interesting to them.  But it's hard as you can't actually develop a relationship just online.

Online 2tallbill

• Spouses Country: Russia
  • Trips: 10-20
in this case is taking the lead, guiding the discussion as required and getting on a plane).

This is turning into a good topic!

Manny brought up several good points but taking the
lead/guiding the discussion as required is one that
nobody else touched on.

I have some honey do list items that I've committed to
doing for Angel Eyes. I will try to remember to come back
and comment on this.

FSUW are not for entry level daters. FSUW don't do vague FSUW like a man of action so be a man of action  If you find a promising girl, get your butt on a plane. There are a hundred ways to be successful and a thousand ways to f#ck it up
Kiss the girl, don't ask her first.
Get an apartment not a hotel. DON'T recycle girls

Offline justadude

• Trips: 10-20
We made it to a video call. She self assessed herself as drunk. She looked pretty cute but explained that her teeth were blue from whatever she was drinking.

She told me that she has difficulty finding love. She said she could make any man happy in sex, but she wants more than that. My assumption is that it's been tough for her to find a good dude. Based on appearance and personality so far I'd judge her as the sort of woman who would be snatched up rather quickly in my part of the US.

I hesitate to generalize, and although this is only one data point, I'll say that for me, this interaction adds some credibility to the notion that attractive Ukrainian women are open about wanting a relationship and can't find as good of a dude in their country as they could if they were in the US.

We have messaged back and forth a little since the drunk call. I'm still having trouble keeping the conversation ball in the air, but my intention at this point is to try to meet her in person.
two 90 day fiance visas, one 73 day fiance. Lived in Lvov and Odessa for 2 years. California native now on the Oregon Coast

Online Guile

hey justadude, good to hear things have progressed!  but she called when drunk? that's a first for me...well hopefully your trip to Ukraine is confirmed and you'll get to meet her!