The World's #1 Russian, Ukrainian & Eastern European Discussion & Information Forum - RUA!

This Is the Premier Discussion Forum on the Net for Information and Discussion about Russia, Ukraine, Eastern Europe and the Former Soviet Union. Discuss Culture, Politics, Travelling, Language, International Relationships and More. Chat with Travellers, Locals, Residents and Expats. Ask and Answer Questions about Travel, Culture, Relationships, Applying for Visas, Translators, Interpreters, and More. Give Advice, Read Trip Reports, Share Experiences and Make Friends.

Author Topic: Problem with Ukrainian Poorly manufactured phones  (Read 2810 times)

Offline Steveboy

• Commercial Member
  • Trips: Resident
Problem with Ukrainian Poorly manufactured phones
« on: August 06, 2019, 08:33:32 AM »
When it comes to young women signed to a dating site searching for a foreign guy one of the most popular English words used is "Repair"

Yes you got it the phone is being repaired  :laugh: it is always the same and still guys will believe this bullshit and continue the conversation with the stupid women/man .

Its funny cos you can go on any metro/bus/ visit any park, bar you name it and every women's phone seems to be working   even young school kids all chatting away and playing games..

But for some bloody strange reason when it comes to women looking for a foreign guy and if the women JUST happens to be from Ukraine and just happens to be under 30 years old .. her bloody phone is always in the repair shop.. :laugh:

Strange isn't it? Maybe they have poorly manufactured phones or it could be shrapnel if they are living in the "war zone"  :laugh:

Here is a typical example , typical scammer... nice outfit, nice dress, nice room.. great profile photo  BUT  .. no phone.. :laugh:  it is in the shop being REPAIRED..

REPAIRED phone always 100% of the time without fail = Scammer...
I support no government anywhere, ever, never. No institution, No religion!!

Offline Contrarian

• Trips: 1-5
Re: Problem with Ukrainian Poorly manufactured phones
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2019, 10:58:45 AM »
When it comes to young women signed to a dating site searching for a foreign guy one of the most popular English words used is "Repair"

Yes you got it the phone is being repaired  :laugh: it is always the same and still guys will believe this bullshit and continue the conversation with the stupid women/man .

Its funny cos you can go on any metro/bus/ visit any park, bar you name it and every women's phone seems to be working   even young school kids all chatting away and playing games..

But for some bloody strange reason when it comes to women looking for a foreign guy and if the women JUST happens to be from Ukraine and just happens to be under 30 years old .. her bloody phone is always in the repair shop.. :laugh:

Strange isn't it? Maybe they have poorly manufactured phones or it could be shrapnel if they are living in the "war zone"  :laugh:

Here is a typical example , typical scammer... nice outfit, nice dress, nice room.. great profile photo  BUT  .. no phone.. :laugh:  it is in the shop being REPAIRED..

REPAIRED phone always 100% of the time without fail = Scammer...

Or Grandma is sick and in the Hospital.

Mom or little brother need an operation.  :biggrin:

Online andrewfi

• Supporting Member
    • Articles About Almost Anything!
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2019, 11:34:19 AM »
While I absolutely agree with you about the phone thing, it is a bit of a thing for 'a certain type' of woman to suffer with broken phones.

Some women are a bit 'throwy' when it comes to phones. They have a tendency to throw phones when angered or frustrated. It is something that blokes don't do, no matter how flaky they might be.

There's been times in the past when I have had a couple of old phones to hand in the apartment to enable me to provide a new handset at short notice after a throwy session.

On the whole, it isn't a good sign if the excuse is used as a way to be uncontactable or if she is so temperamental that throwing phones is a release of tension.

The latter sort can be fun for a while but they don't like it when the replacement phone is a years old cheap and not a new Samsung or Apple device.

Those latter goodies have to be earned!
...everything ends always well; if it’s still bad, then it’s not the end!

Offline msmoby

• BANNED
  • BANNED
  • Spouses Country: Russia
  • Trips: 20+
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2019, 12:42:51 PM »
They [ women ] have a tendency to throw phones when angered or frustrated. It is something that blokes don't do, no matter how flaky they might be.

:ROFL:

Our andrewfi is coming over all misogynistic, and proving just how 'reliable'  his people reading skills are...  AGAIN..

1/ video of distruntled mobile / cell phone trying to wreck a shop .. .. a guy

2/ Video of teacher smashing student's phone in anger  - a guy ..
PS .. I've never had a g/f or wife throw, smash a telephone .. perhaps you've influenced such behaviour ?..

I have never claimed to be a Blue Beret

Spurious claims about 'seeing action' with the Blue Berets are debunked >here<

Here is my Russophobia/Kremlinphobia topic

Offline Manny

« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2019, 01:19:01 PM »
Some women are a bit 'throwy' when it comes to phones. They have a tendency to throw phones when angered or frustrated.

I'd avoid such women. Nobody needs highly strung BS. Don't we go to the FSU to escape nonsense like this?

misogynistic,

We have Radio 4 if we want to listen to how everyone and his cat is allegedly misogynistic. I'd suggest your BBC propaganda isnt going to get a receptive audience here. Perhaps Mumsnet or somewhere will listen if you're bored?
Read a trip report from North Korea >>here<< - Read a trip report from South Korea, China and Hong Kong >>here<<

Look what the American media makes some people believe:
Putin often threatens to strike US with nuclear weapons.

Online andrewfi

• Supporting Member
« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2019, 02:11:22 PM »
Moby, if you are going to quote people then please do so honestly. There's a good boy.

As for mysogyny, not a part of my words. The word mysogyny does not mean what you seem to think it means.

Manny, on the whole I agree with you, but then some of us ain't marrying every woman we meet so one can happily enjoy a little steak and a little fish. Variety being the spice of life and all that!

Some of us are in the 'FSU' for among other reasons, to enjoy that variety.

Offline Steveboy

• Commercial Member
« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2019, 03:02:18 PM »
Many women in Ukraine are still using these phones ... they do not support Whats app or Skype or in fact any thing..

Well so they all like to say.. :ROFL:

Online andrewfi

• Supporting Member
« Reply #7 on: August 06, 2019, 03:24:40 PM »
Is a smartphone still a preferred dating 'tribute' in Ukraine?
As far as I can tell, in countries richer than some sub-Saharan African countries and Ukraine, the scene moved on from that 15 years or so ago.

Offline Steveboy

• Commercial Member
« Reply #8 on: August 06, 2019, 03:30:32 PM »
Is a smartphone still a preferred dating 'tribute' in Ukraine?
As far as I can tell, in countries richer than some sub-Saharan African countries and Ukraine, the scene moved on from that 15 years or so ago.

Yes always a phone.. usually a mk2  old I-phone it makes you feel like Jesus when you spend $200 with Fedex to get it there..strangly enough usually when you send that phone the mobile apps still fail to work!! Must be the electro magnetic rays in the Xray machine that mess it up... ;D

Online AvHdB

• Spouses Country: Ukraine, Kiev
« Reply #9 on: August 06, 2019, 03:46:39 PM »
Many women in Ukraine are still using these phones ... they do not support Whats app or Skype or in fact any thing..

Is that a Beam Iridium phone + + $2,500.= MS might recognize it.
“If you aren't in over your head, how do you know how tall you are?” T.S. Eliot

Offline Steveboy

• Commercial Member
« Reply #10 on: August 06, 2019, 03:49:32 PM »

aaaa now it has come clear to my why only women such as these have this type of expensive phone...

Online andrewfi

• Supporting Member
« Reply #11 on: August 06, 2019, 04:08:12 PM »
Nooo, nothing so new. That's from about 1981. It is unbranded but is probably a Motorola cell phone. It is from the days of analogue mobile before the first pocket-size cell phones. Oddly enough, it has an LCD display so it must be a very late one.

These were transportable, designed to spend most of their life in a vehicle. I remember some of my colleagues had these, or its descendants before these came out.
This one is a second-gen of its type, it has an LCD display.

For guys in my business, the only reason for having one of those transportables was to try to avoid theft because they could be removed from vans overnight. Back in the day, if a tradesman had a fixed-mobile in his Ford Transit he was asking to go out to his van in the morning and find a smashed window and a gutted dashboard/console. We were cock of the walk when we got the 'handheld' portables.

Online AvHdB

• Spouses Country: Ukraine, Kiev
« Reply #12 on: August 06, 2019, 04:40:09 PM »
Andrew, Thank You!

I remember my first mobile also a Motorola and I upgraded two years latter I think to an Motorola Ericsson we called them the brick. But they were bullet proof!

As I recall Motorola had something to do with the Iridium network.
“If you aren't in over your head, how do you know how tall you are?” T.S. Eliot

Offline msmoby

• BANNED
  • BANNED
« Reply #13 on: August 07, 2019, 01:36:17 AM »

We have Radio 4 if we want to listen to how everyone and his cat is allegedly misogynistic. I'd suggest your BBC propaganda isnt going to get a receptive audience here. Perhaps Mumsnet or somewhere will listen if you're bored?

Ah, let's ignore the fact that andrewfi just posted daft , again .. "he's clearly had too many fails - so I'll deflect", time..

I'm more of a BBC five live, man, myself ...

Offline msmoby

• BANNED
  • BANNED
« Reply #14 on: August 07, 2019, 01:41:48 AM »
Moby, if you are going to quote people then please do so honestly. There's a good boy.

" it is a bit of a thing for 'a certain type' of woman to suffer with broken phones."

" It is something that blokes don't do, no matter how flaky they might be. "

Your words...

Another bad day for andrewfi and his laughable 'honesty' ..

Offline msmoby

• BANNED
  • BANNED
« Reply #15 on: August 07, 2019, 01:53:37 AM »

It is a mark II of one of these..

A  Nokia ..we called them lunch boxes ...  I paid over £3000 for mine from citycell and went on to Vodafone in late '85 ..I subsequently bought the car kit...  £1750 - including fitting on site..

I had a Bedford Midi van ( Izuzu )  and an inverter to run a laptop and printer and sold stuff off a van ..  when my opposition had pagers;)

A lot of the time the red ' no srv' light was on as coverage in the Cotswolds' valleys was so poor .I had my £25/ month service fee refunded .. until it was scapped..

Also called a posafone .. The looks I got when it rang in a restaurant ;)

Offline Manny

« Reply #16 on: August 07, 2019, 03:43:53 AM »
I got a used Motorola 8500 back in the day, must have been 1988 ish. Later I had the slimline 8800x.

You had to have the leather case with the velcro and the pen holder of course.

Red LCD display. On Cellnet of course.
Read a trip report from North Korea >>here<< - Read a trip report from South Korea, China and Hong Kong >>here<<

Look what the American media makes some people believe:
Putin often threatens to strike US with nuclear weapons.