The World's #1 Russian, Ukrainian & Eastern European Discussion & Information Forum - RUA!

This Is the Premier Discussion Forum on the Net for Information and Discussion about Russia, Ukraine, Eastern Europe and the Former Soviet Union. Discuss Culture, Politics, Travelling, Language, International Relationships and More. Chat with Travellers, Locals, Residents and Expats. Ask and Answer Questions about Travel, Culture, Relationships, Applying for Visas, Translators, Interpreters, and More. Give Advice, Read Trip Reports, Share Experiences and Make Friends.

Author Topic: Apollo 11 Fifty Year Anniversary  (Read 3173 times)

Offline Contrarian

• Trips: 1-5
Apollo 11 Fifty Year Anniversary
« on: July 16, 2019, 09:38:44 AM »

Online Wiz

• Spouses Country: Russia
  • Trips: 20+
Re: Apollo 11 Fifty Year Anniversary
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2019, 01:52:38 PM »
If another 50 years passes without man stepping on the moon then
will the Apollo deniers look so silly?

:reading:  tiphat

Why the sun does not shine on the Ex- British Empire Anymore? Because God never trusted an Englishman in the dark!

Offline msmoby

• BANNED
  • BANNED
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2019, 08:19:04 PM »
If another 50 years passes without man stepping on the moon then
will the Apollo deniers look so silly?[/size]

What is an 'Apollo denier...?

Might you mean one of those 'interesting types' that suggest the moon landing were a 'con'....?

I have never claimed to be a Blue Beret

Spurious claims about 'seeing action' with the Blue Berets are debunked >here<

Here is my Russophobia/Kremlinphobia topic

Offline Manny

« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2019, 01:00:21 PM »
Might you mean one of those 'interesting types' that suggest the moon landing were a 'con'....?

Well, why did nobody ever go back?  :coffeeread:
Trip Reports: Links to my travels in Russia, Estonia, North Korea, South Korea, China and the US are >>here<<

Look what the American media makes some people believe:
Putin often threatens to strike US with nuclear weapons.

Offline Contrarian

« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2019, 01:13:10 PM »

For what? More lunar sand? Been there done that.

Online Wiz

« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2019, 05:36:12 PM »

If going to the Moon to collect Lunar sand was the actual reason.... then sorry but I think you American's must be very stupid!

You did not have to spent $$$$$$$$$ Billions and Billions to go out there  and bring back DUST  from the Lunar landscape.

There was much cheaper option.........costing only few hundred $$$$$$$$$$$$.

>>

>>

>>

>>

>>

You could charter a Jumbo jet and sent all your astronauts here to London, as we speak almost the same language and help the road cleaning services by collecting all the dust from our Roads on the capital!

I am sure the mayor of London would have been delighted to compensate your country if you had done a good job !

tiphat    :laugh: :laugh:

:ROFL: :ROFL: :ROFL:

Why the sun does not shine on the Ex- British Empire Anymore? Because God never trusted an Englishman in the dark!

Offline Contrarian

« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2019, 09:49:20 PM »

If going to the Moon to collect Lunar sand was the actual reason.... then sorry but I think you American's must be very stupid!

You did not have to spent $$$$$$$$$ Billions and Billions to go out there  and bring back DUST  from the Lunar landscape.

>>

>>

>>

>>

>>

You could charter a Jumbo jet and sent all your astronauts here to London, as we speak almost the same language and help the road cleaning services by collecting all the dust from our Roads on the capital!

I am sure the mayor of London would have been delighted to compensate your country if you had done a good job !

You know very well we did it first time to beat the Soviets.

So why go back? We have already been there. Now Russia’s turn.  :coffeeread:

Offline BillyB

• Trips: 10-20
« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2019, 11:18:48 PM »

NASA has a currently has a program to land a man on Mars. As Trump said a few months ago, going to the moon again is part of the mars program. We already have spacecraft that left our solar system.
Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776. If you want to stop the war in Ukraine, fix elections, stop medical tyranny and forced vaccinations, lower inflation and make America and the world a better place, get Trump back into power. The Democrats and Republicans have shown they can't do the job. They are good at robbing us and getting people killed in non stop wars.

Offline msmoby

• BANNED
  • BANNED
« Reply #8 on: July 19, 2019, 12:57:43 AM »

There have been SIX crewed landings ..

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moon_landing

Offline msmoby

• BANNED
  • BANNED
« Reply #9 on: July 19, 2019, 01:00:46 AM »

>>

>>

>>

>>

>>

[/quote]

Poor Wiz,

Yet ANOTHER subject he hasn't a scoobie do about

1/ The Race to the moon was one between two divergent (politically) super-powers .. it cost both, dearly ..  If you looks at the costs from a  purely economic perspective... YUP ..daft ..

2/ There was somewhat more to the programme than collecting dust ... 

Online Wiz

« Reply #10 on: July 19, 2019, 04:53:29 AM »

Oh dear .... the Americans have no sense of humor anymore..... you must start getting out, from time to time,in the sun..... :nod:

Billy... Ho Chi Minh is not around anymore!

Now you are joined from the master troll of humorless people.

Well you three make a very funny humorless club!     :P :P :P

AVHdB Remind your good friend Moby of your excellent advice........He is in a desperarte need of your advice.... after travelling to armenia alone.......

Offline msmoby

• BANNED
  • BANNED
« Reply #12 on: July 19, 2019, 10:59:06 AM »
Remind your good friend Moby of your excellent advice........He is in a desperarte need of your advice.... after travelling to armenia alone.......

Wiz, THIS thread is about Apollo - not your fails on who I travel with ( certainly not 'alone' ) to Armenia

Never the most attentive chap .. are we ?

Georgia / Armenia trip.. more to come

http://ruadventures.com/forum/index.php/topic,28225

Online AvHdB

• Spouses Country: Ukraine, Kiev
« Reply #13 on: July 19, 2019, 11:50:41 AM »

Oh dear .... the Americans have no sense of humor anymore..... you must start getting out, from time to time,in the sun..... :nod:

AVHdB Remind your good friend Moby of your excellent advice........He is in a desperarte need of your advice.... after travelling to armenia alone.......

Wiz, It is refreshing to see your sense of humour return. We need more levity around here. Makes the moderators smile and the rest of us chuckle.
“If you aren't in over your head, how do you know how tall you are?” T.S. Eliot

Online Wiz

« Reply #14 on: July 19, 2019, 04:45:25 PM »

Wiz, It is refreshing to see your sense of humour return. We need more levity around here. Makes the moderators smile and the rest of us chuckle.

AvHdB
I have plenty sense of humor, but I made my position clear.
I do not tolerate lies and personal attacks. it's that simple.

If anybody thinks and accuses me of lying then I expect him to provide factual evidence and not only throwing accusations.  In the last episode with Moby, I posted my evidence and proved his lies.........but the owner decided that I was trolling, removed my post but allowed him to continue with his dishonest replies.

Under these circumstances how we can have any normal conversation or civilised debates?

Don't worry and nobody can change my sense of humour!

tiphat

Offline Contrarian

« Reply #15 on: July 20, 2019, 02:00:46 PM »
One of the greatest said it the best!

Offline Lord of the Dance

• Supporting Hero Member
  • Trips: None Yet
« Reply #16 on: July 20, 2019, 11:43:54 PM »
One of the greatest said it the best!

Great song!

It’s amazing to realize that it’s been five full decades since the first Apollo moon landing. Kudos to all involved in pulling off such an incredible mission.  tiphat
"My soul cries out with a joyful shout that the God of my heart is great, and my spirit sings of the wondrous things that you bring to the ones who wait." - Canticle of the Turning

Offline BillyB

• Trips: 10-20
« Reply #17 on: July 21, 2019, 01:23:31 PM »
 A year later after Americans landed on the moon, a Soviet spacecraft landed there, scooped up some lunar soil and returned home. Is that a hoax too? Who here doesn't believe it is possible to land a craft on the moon and have it fly back to Earth?
Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776. If you want to stop the war in Ukraine, fix elections, stop medical tyranny and forced vaccinations, lower inflation and make America and the world a better place, get Trump back into power. The Democrats and Republicans have shown they can't do the job. They are good at robbing us and getting people killed in non stop wars.

Online andrewfi

• Supporting Member
    • Articles About Almost Anything!
« Reply #18 on: July 21, 2019, 05:11:06 PM »
A year later after Americans landed on the moon, a Soviet spacecraft landed there, scooped up some lunar soil and returned home. Is that a hoax too? Who here doesn't believe it is possible to land a craft on the moon and have it fly back to Earth?

I am sure that plenty of readers, if not posters, are convinced that the moon landings were a hoax.
While there are many hoaxes, scams and huge lies perpetrated upon you poor lot over there, this is not one of them.
...everything ends always well; if it’s still bad, then it’s not the end!

Offline Manny

« Reply #19 on: July 22, 2019, 01:44:50 PM »
I am sure that plenty of readers, if not posters, are convinced that the moon landings were a hoax.
While there are many hoaxes, scams and huge lies perpetrated upon you poor lot over there, this is not one of them.

I'm 50/50. 50 year old technology, a spacecraft with all the computing power of a pocket calculator, flags flapping in the wind when there was none and the rabid desire to beat the Soviet Union........

People were a bit thick back then. If it was on the telly box it must be true, right? The flickering black and white pictures would be easy to fake. Apparently we have been back (someone posted recently) and I followed the Wiki link and the info was scant at best. You think they'd be howling it from the rooftops.

I'd not be surprised if it was all done in the Arizona desert like many say. Stick it in the "we killed Bin Laden" file of things that *might* be true.
Trip Reports: Links to my travels in Russia, Estonia, North Korea, South Korea, China and the US are >>here<<

Look what the American media makes some people believe:
Putin often threatens to strike US with nuclear weapons.

Online Wiz

« Reply #20 on: July 22, 2019, 05:49:17 PM »

I'm 50/50. 50 year old technology, a spacecraft with all the computing power of a pocket calculator, flags flapping in the wind when there was none and the rabid desire to beat the Soviet Union........

People were a bit thick back then. If it was on the telly box it must be true, right? The flickering black and white pictures would be easy to fake. Apparently we have been back (someone posted recently) and I followed the Wiki link and the info was scant at best. You think they'd be howling it from the rooftops.

I'd not be surprised if it was all done in the Arizona desert like many say. Stick it in the "we killed Bin Laden" file of things that *might* be true.

Take a look at these .....photos and posts and then tell me what you think?:

List of 6 Manned Moon Landings

Apollo 11

Apollo 12

and Finally......

Apollo 17

As you have plenty car experience........please tell me:

Was the "Classic" Lunar Rover vehicle build by the Rover Company Limited the  British car manufacturing company that operated from its base in Solihull in Warwickshire?

tiphat

Online AvHdB

• Spouses Country: Ukraine, Kiev
« Reply #21 on: July 22, 2019, 06:02:10 PM »

Apollo 17

Looks like a Lada ~ Niva to me.
“If you aren't in over your head, how do you know how tall you are?” T.S. Eliot

Online Wiz

« Reply #22 on: July 22, 2019, 07:37:01 PM »

Apollo 17

Looks like a Lada ~ Niva to me.

Lada has been/is a good car, as you can make repairs on your own.

This text  is below  the photo above, of Apollo 17

The last manned landing on the Moon to date, which took place on December 11, 1972, was made by Commander Eugene Cernan and lunar module pilot Harrison Schmitt who was also the first scientist on the Moon. Undocking from the command module piloted by Ronald Evans, Schmitt guided the spacecraft to land in the valley of Taurus Littrow, close to the southeastern edge of the Mare Serenitatis crater. They used a Lunar Rover vehicle to travel 18.6 miles (30 kilometers), collecting samples, taking photographs and conducting experiments. On December 14, after a 75-hour long stay, they lifted off and docked with the command module. On December 19, the astronauts successfully splashed down southeast of the Samoan Islands where they were recovered by the U.S.S. Ticonderoga.

tiphat