The World's #1 Russian, Ukrainian & Eastern European Discussion & Information Forum - RUA!

This Is the Premier Discussion Forum on the Net for Information and Discussion about Russia, Ukraine, Eastern Europe and the Former Soviet Union. Discuss Culture, Politics, Travelling, Language, International Relationships and More. Chat with Travellers, Locals, Residents and Expats. Ask and Answer Questions about Travel, Culture, Relationships, Applying for Visas, Translators, Interpreters, and More. Give Advice, Read Trip Reports, Share Experiences and Make Friends.

Author Topic: Not found in western news: Gallows in public square on Kharkov  (Read 2601 times)

Online Markje

• MCMLXXIV
    • Mark's unix pages
  • Spouses Country: Crimea
  • Trips: 20+
I saw Russian news about some idiots (russian news used that word) that put gallows on Kharkovs main square. they used them to hang dummies with faces of politicians (photographs). All was accompanied with the highly recognisable themesong of Woland from Master/Margerita miniseries.

More info will be posted when i find it.

Russian news anchor was visibly shocked when she had to read this news.

See Russian source (one of) : https://www.vesti.ru/doc.html?id=3163943

As far as I understood it, the group that made these dummies do not agree with Kiev/City policy and intend to erect a "kharkov people's republic" which would then sooner/later join the other 2 donbass states.
OO===[][]===OO
My first trip to my wife: To Evpatoria!
My road trip to Crimea: Roadtrip to Evpatoria

Registration