The World's #1 Russian, Ukrainian & Eastern European Discussion & Information Forum - RUA!

This Is the Premier Discussion Forum on the Net for Information and Discussion about Russia, Ukraine, Eastern Europe and the Former Soviet Union. Discuss Culture, Politics, Travelling, Language, International Relationships and More. Chat with Travellers, Locals, Residents and Expats. Ask and Answer Questions about Travel, Culture, Relationships, Applying for Visas, Translators, Interpreters, and More. Give Advice, Read Trip Reports, Share Experiences and Make Friends.

Author Topic: Cornfeds Scam Letter  (Read 3513 times)

Offline Contrarian

• Trips: 1-5
Cornfeds Scam Letter
« on: June 20, 2019, 06:57:47 PM »
I already said dating for foreigners in Russia is finished if your looking for a young women.. you have near zero chance.. its all turning around the other way, I was only speaking to two guys last week  who married Russian women and are relocating to St Petersburg.. and it is happening more and more..

If your looking for a women late 30's early 40's very easy.. other than that the whole Russian bride thing has finished a long time ago actually..

The media keeps it going.. for example you can speak to some Russians usually the clueless ones who think life in the US or UK is wonderful .. well yes it is if you have money!! But that is the same in any country.. no money.. shit job = Shit life! Simple ..But more and more Russians especially the younger ones are realising life in the Western world is not so wonderful after all..
Best chances of marrying a young Russian girl today are by living in Russia .. most have no desire to leave the country..

I have a friend married to a Russian girl in the UK .. she just got her UK passport of course now she wants to visit Paris, New York and all the usual stuff.. :laugh:  My wife just laughs as you don't need a UK passport to travel!! Many Russians are travelling .. plane was fully booked to the UK.. it is not the passport! It is the MONEY that counts.. my friends wife doesn't realise yet that most people in the UK can't afford to travel non stop in any case.. and they don't have much money.. so the grander plans will be coming to an end any day soon..There are always a few clueless ones about..so if your lucky you can still catch one of those..

But in general the whole Russian dating thing isn't going any where any day to soon..there are plenty of older Russian women to marry..for SERIOUS men..

This young woman is 30 years old. She wrote me a very convincing letter. Are you saying that she’s a liar?  :chuckle:

Dear Confederate!
I know there are too many beautiful ladies, who have their own personality and beauty, but I want you to notice me among all them here. Maybe this letter is beginning of interesting story, fairy tale, who knows…
I'm an adult woman. I know what life is. I'm a good listener, but I also can express myself very well. I adore life and I think that each thing in it can bring us something useful.
If you read this letter you want to know what kind of woman I'm. I can say that I'm wise woman, who had relationship before. I know that relationship between man and woman are built not only on romantic, passion and sex, but also on friendship, mutual understanding and respect. Real relationship are determined by many different components.
I'm usual woman and I'm not ideal or perfect, so I want my man respect me with all my qualities - bad and good, as I do, because people can’t have only good character traits, and we must understand this and accept person as he is. We can’t change our soul mates, we can improve ourselves.
I don’t establish rules in relationship, because love doesn’t have rules. If people begin establish rules, they forget about their feelings. Rules limit love and passion.
Confederate, I'm realistic person and don’t believe in love at first sight, but I can say if I fall in love I will do everything for my beloved man, I will do all my best to make him happy, I can come to my man to his country ... for example in the Oregon, Confederate it is not a problem for me, I have all the necessary documents and the desire to do so, sure, if he wants this with me. I can be passionate and romantic, fragile and defenseless as good as strong and brave woman who can achieve all her aims and make her life happy and full.
I have everything I want in my life except my beloved, I have so much love to share with my man and I miss him in my life.
I dream about strong and happy family with several children, because children are impersonation of parents love. I am sure child’s laugh and little cozy house can make me very happy.
I'm open for new acquaintances with interesting people, I like to know and try new things in my life. I always go forward in my life and don’t back the way I had come.
I can say that I am one-man woman and I'm looking for man who is able to love one woman all his life.
If I am interesting for you and you want to know me better , you are welcome to write to me.
Confederate, I will be happy to hear from you soon.

Sincerely,

Margarita

Offline Steveboy

• Commercial Member
  • Trips: Resident
Re: Cornfeds Scam Letter
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2019, 10:42:03 AM »
I already said dating for foreigners in Russia is finished if your looking for a young women.. you have near zero chance.. its all turning around the other way, I was only speaking to two guys last week  who married Russian women and are relocating to St Petersburg.. and it is happening more and more..

If your looking for a women late 30's early 40's very easy.. other than that the whole Russian bride thing has finished a long time ago actually..

The media keeps it going.. for example you can speak to some Russians usually the clueless ones who think life in the US or UK is wonderful .. well yes it is if you have money!! But that is the same in any country.. no money.. shit job = Shit life! Simple ..But more and more Russians especially the younger ones are realising life in the Western world is not so wonderful after all..
Best chances of marrying a young Russian girl today are by living in Russia .. most have no desire to leave the country..

I have a friend married to a Russian girl in the UK .. she just got her UK passport of course now she wants to visit Paris, New York and all the usual stuff.. :laugh:  My wife just laughs as you don't need a UK passport to travel!! Many Russians are travelling .. plane was fully booked to the UK.. it is not the passport! It is the MONEY that counts.. my friends wife doesn't realise yet that most people in the UK can't afford to travel non stop in any case.. and they don't have much money.. so the grander plans will be coming to an end any day soon..There are always a few clueless ones about..so if your lucky you can still catch one of those..

But in general the whole Russian dating thing isn't going any where any day to soon..there are plenty of older Russian women to marry..for SERIOUS men..

This young woman is 30 years old. She wrote me a very convincing letter. Are you saying that she’s a liar?  :chuckle:

Dear Confederate!
I know there are too many beautiful ladies, who have their own personality and beauty, but I want you to notice me among all them here. Maybe this letter is beginning of interesting story, fairy tale, who knows…
I'm an adult woman. I know what life is. I'm a good listener, but I also can express myself very well. I adore life and I think that each thing in it can bring us something useful.
If you read this letter you want to know what kind of woman I'm. I can say that I'm wise woman, who had relationship before. I know that relationship between man and woman are built not only on romantic, passion and sex, but also on friendship, mutual understanding and respect. Real relationship are determined by many different components.
I'm usual woman and I'm not ideal or perfect, so I want my man respect me with all my qualities - bad and good, as I do, because people can’t have only good character traits, and we must understand this and accept person as he is. We can’t change our soul mates, we can improve ourselves.
I don’t establish rules in relationship, because love doesn’t have rules. If people begin establish rules, they forget about their feelings. Rules limit love and passion.
Confederate, I'm realistic person and don’t believe in love at first sight, but I can say if I fall in love I will do everything for my beloved man, I will do all my best to make him happy, I can come to my man to his country ... for example in the Oregon, Confederate it is not a problem for me, I have all the necessary documents and the desire to do so, sure, if he wants this with me. I can be passionate and romantic, fragile and defenseless as good as strong and brave woman who can achieve all her aims and make her life happy and full.
I have everything I want in my life except my beloved, I have so much love to share with my man and I miss him in my life.
I dream about strong and happy family with several children, because children are impersonation of parents love. I am sure child’s laugh and little cozy house can make me very happy.
I'm open for new acquaintances with interesting people, I like to know and try new things in my life. I always go forward in my life and don’t back the way I had come.
I can say that I am one-man woman and I'm looking for man who is able to love one woman all his life.
If I am interesting for you and you want to know me better , you are welcome to write to me.

Sincerely,

Margarita

Did you send her the $200.00 for a new phone?  :laugh:
I support no government anywhere, ever, never. No institution, No religion!!

Offline Contrarian

« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2019, 11:04:09 AM »

Dear Confederate!

Sincerely,

Margarita

Did you send her the $200.00 for a new phone?  :laugh:

No. I promised to give her some face lotion on our first meeting.  :laugh:

Online andrewfi

• Supporting Member
    • Articles About Almost Anything!
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2019, 01:49:05 PM »
I think I have seen that missive, or a close pregenitor of it years ago.

Confederate, you've been templated!

Those letters are designed to be convincing.

I know nothing of the person you are dealing with but you do. What is the level of her conversational English? Higher than yours? Based upon what I have seen, 'her' English level is at least the same as yours.

In reality, if this is a real person, then his/her English is not at a level to dash off long missives of this type. He/she is using a template and you have fallen for it.
...everything ends always well; if it’s still bad, then it’s not the end!

Offline Contrarian

« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2019, 02:55:34 PM »
I think I have seen that missive, or a close pregenitor of it years ago.

Confederate, you've been templated!

Those letters are designed to be convincing.

I know nothing of the person you are dealing with but you do. What is the level of her conversational English? Higher than yours? Based upon what I have seen, 'her' English level is at least the same as yours.

In reality, if this is a real person, then his/her English is not at a level to dash off long missives of this type. He/she is using a template and you have fallen for it.

I haven’t fallen for anything.

I get these letters for free. I only had a look in order to post a good one for Steveboy.

Overall the idea of going overseas for a GF is of no interest to me right now.

It’s easier to just date local. And my vacation slush fund gets spent in California. Or next time I might return to Hawaii.

Online andrewfi

• Supporting Member
« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2019, 08:35:11 AM »
Confederate, you directly asked Steveboy if you thought the sender of your posted missive was a liar. To do so without any commentary can suggest only one thing, that you thought she was not, That's why you issued a challenge to a guy with a professional reputation to uphold.

So, we know that you believed the woman, did not think she was a liar. You fell for her lengthy, templated, message designed to trap lonely old guys like you.

Don't feel too bad about it. Even I fell for such a scam. To be fair to me, it was back in the late '90s when the Internet was young and people still used stamps, envelopes and paper to send mail. You had the benefit of the collective wisdom of many, many, guys and yet end up in the same place as they did - believing a story woven to be credible and persuasive to the lovelorn USAian male.

Offline Contrarian

Andy Being a Prat
« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2019, 08:48:33 AM »
Confederate, you directly asked Steveboy if you thought the sender of your posted missive was a liar. To do so without any commentary can suggest only one thing, that you thought she was not, That's why you issued a challenge to a guy with a professional reputation to uphold.

So, we know that you believed the woman, did not think she was a liar. You fell for her lengthy, templated, message designed to trap lonely old guys like you.

Don't feel too bad about it. Even I fell for such a scam. To be fair to me, it was back in the late '90s when the Internet was young and people still used stamps, envelopes and paper to send mail. You had the benefit of the collective wisdom of many, many, guys and yet end up in the same place as they did - believing a story woven to be credible and persuasive to the lovelorn USAian male.

Andrew you silly old sod, the letter was posted as a joke to enliven this sad forum which has been decimated by horses asses like you. If you’re too dumb to enjoy a laugh go ahead and believe your delusions.  :-*

Offline BillyB

• Trips: 10-20
« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2019, 09:54:08 AM »
For the newbies out there, the letter posted is not how real women with busy lives, looking for a sincere relationship write. Only the naïve and gullible will fall for it.
Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776. If you want to stop the war in Ukraine, fix elections, stop medical tyranny and forced vaccinations, lower inflation and make America and the world a better place, get Trump back into power. The Democrats and Republicans have shown they can't do the job. They are good at robbing us and getting people killed in non stop wars.

Offline Contrarian

Re: Andy Being a Prat
« Reply #8 on: June 24, 2019, 10:40:30 AM »
Yes and unless you’re perennially clueless type you can tell I posted the letter as a joke, because when I posited the question to Steve I followed it with the icon of the blue guy chuckles like this.  :chuckle:

Offline dcguyusa

• Spouses Country: North America, South America, Europe, Asia
  • Trips: None Yet
« Reply #9 on: June 24, 2019, 05:14:37 PM »
There are plenty of ghost writers on the internet.  And even more "lazy" writers who copy and paste pre-written letters to others.

BTW, I have received letters written in this style from people supposedly residing in the USA.   :'(
An uninformed opponent is a dangerous opponent.

"Y'all be makin shit up" ~ Markeith Loyd

Offline cufflinks

• Supporting Member
« Reply #10 on: July 05, 2019, 09:35:30 PM »
LOL I got a real snail mail letter with Real Russian Postage Stamps on it from a lovely lass in Izhevsk in the early 2,000s iirc via an Oklahoma Letter mill agency run by a Cowboy Oilman and his Russian Wife - and her pictures were lovely tall sporting a cutely tilted head and nice Child Bearing hips - great thigh gap and endearing smile and child-rearing breasts - all real pictures and a real letter - from - wait - Irina in Izhevsk in Real Russia even... had to be real who would send a phony letter all the way from Izhevsk - in Russia that takes three weeks to get to Boston USA???  Only cost me $1,000 USD in Translation fees and money for "medicine" for her mother - money originally for her English lessons which she so nobly sacrificed for suffering Momma - then I discovered RUA and all the Hairy Boris characters confidence games so as a test I stopped paying for translations and suddenly NO more snail mails from Izhevsk, Kalishnikov City in Rooskie land....  Alas, my heart is still broken all these years later to think I fell in love with Photos and Letters by Hairy Boris of Izhevsk via Oklahoma - in the heart of Mother Russia.  Learn and live.

Then the internet became ubiquitous and template letters started to float around like snowflakes in Moscow in February.  Moral of the story - do not swallow too many Russian snowflakes outdoors in the middle of Russian Ice Fishing Season hook line and sinker ;-)

Online andrewfi

• Supporting Member
« Reply #11 on: July 06, 2019, 03:56:03 AM »
Confederate, at the very least your signalling was confused. If you were 'joking' why would you issue a direct challenge to anyone about the honesty of the writer?

On the other hand, we do now know something about the honesty of the writer - not very, whether you wrote it or not.

If you want to help people don't try to mislead them, be honest be straightforward. Don't dissemble, don't lie.

When caught out don't then try to cop out using the fig leaf of an easily missed or misunderatood emoticon as a get out. An honest man, in my opinion, would have made clear his intent, you chose not to do so.

Online Guile

« Reply #12 on: July 07, 2019, 12:27:58 AM »
Nobody real writes like that..and 99.99% of non-native speakers, let alone a native English speaker would have that writing style.

Online 2tallbill

• Spouses Country: Russia
  • Trips: 10-20
« Reply #13 on: July 09, 2019, 01:28:14 PM »
For the newbies out there, the letter posted is not how real women with busy lives, looking for a sincere relationship write. Only the naïve and gullible will fall for it.

I have gotten long missives in a first letter. They spent a lot of time
with it and EVERYBODY get's a copy. The second letter is usually more
like 5 lines that specifically deal with questions that I've asked.

The fact that it says Confederate a dozen times in the body of the
letter proves that it's a template. Women don't do that, only sales
letters made from templates do that.

FSUW are not for entry level daters. FSUW don't do vague FSUW like a man of action so be a man of action  If you find a promising girl, get your butt on a plane. There are a hundred ways to be successful and a thousand ways to f#ck it up
Kiss the girl, don't ask her first.
Get an apartment not a hotel. DON'T recycle girls

Online andrewfi

• Supporting Member
« Reply #14 on: July 09, 2019, 03:08:24 PM »
Back in the day, any long letter or email was a sure tell of a scam. Even a woman fluent in English does not have the time to be writing long screeds to anyone.

The problem was that many guys DO have vast amounts of time - possibly guys like confederate? These guys wanted to get long letters back and would be miffed if they got a five line message from a real person. How do I know? I saw the guy's letters and I have helped some genuine women to reply to some of them and guess who had some handy templates?

So, whether Confederate was 'joking' or more likely fell for this stuff at some point in the past does not matter. Many lonely men fall for this stuff, even if only once. I'd regard it as a part of the learning process. Like another poster in this thread, back in the day when stamps were things to put on envelopes, not just what women do when angry, I ended up bunging $50 to a photo. The woman existed alright, just not in that particular country!

Offline Wiz

• Spouses Country: Russia
  • Trips: 20+
« Reply #15 on: July 10, 2019, 02:52:13 AM »
Is the "Yoskar Ola" Factory..... back in Business by any chance?

I thought FSB done a good job of them!

:chuckle:
Why the sun does not shine on the Ex- British Empire Anymore? Because God never trusted an Englishman in the dark!