The World's #1 Russian, Ukrainian & Eastern European Discussion & Information Forum - RUA!

This Is the Premier Discussion Forum on the Net for Information and Discussion about Russia, Ukraine, Eastern Europe and the Former Soviet Union. Discuss Culture, Politics, Travelling, Language, International Relationships and More. Chat with Travellers, Locals, Residents and Expats. Ask and Answer Questions about Travel, Culture, Relationships, Applying for Visas, Translators, Interpreters, and More. Give Advice, Read Trip Reports, Share Experiences and Make Friends.

Author Topic: Gulf Tanker Attacks, False Flag or Real?  (Read 9533 times)

Offline Contrarian

• Trips: 1-5
Gulf Tanker Attacks, False Flag or Real?
« on: June 13, 2019, 07:25:27 PM »
In a possible prelude to war we’re being told that Iran attacked two tankers early this morning, one of them a Japanese tanker. This is of course absurd, the Japanese PM just happens to be visiting Iran, the first time since 1979. This reminds me of the alleged gas attacks against civilians in Syria almost two years back.

Those gas attacks have turned out to be highly suspicious, as will these tanker attacks I believe. The usual suspect who has been beating war drums against Iran is the likely real perpetrator.

https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2019-06-13/false-flag-iran-has-little-gain-oman-tanker-attacks

Offline Contrarian

Re: Gulf Tanker Attacks, False Flag or Real?
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2019, 07:28:02 PM »
In a possible prelude to war we’re being told that Iran attacked two tankers early this morning, one of them a Japanese tanker. This is of course absurd, the Japanese PM just happens to be visiting Iran, the first time since 1979. This reminds me of the alleged gas attacks against civilians in Syria almost two years back.

Those gas attacks have turned out to be highly suspicious, as will these tanker attacks I believe. The usual suspect who has been beating war drums against Iran is the likely real perpetrator.

https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2019-06-13/false-flag-iran-has-little-gain-oman-tanker-attacks

http://www.ronpaulinstitute.org/archives/peace-and-prosperity/2019/june/13/persian-gulf-tanker-attack-iran-guilty-false-flag-cui-bono/

Offline Contrarian

« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2019, 07:45:25 PM »
This speaks for itself. The usual warmonger opens his pie hole.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.newsweek.com/israel-wants-war-iran-netanyahu-1330704%3famp=1

Offline Contrarian

Offline BillyB

• Trips: 10-20
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2019, 08:27:34 PM »
In a possible prelude to war we’re being told that Iran attacked two tankers early this morning, one of them a Japanese tanker. This is of course absurd, the Japanese PM just happens to be visiting Iran, the first time since 1979.

Because it's absurd and people won't believe it, that is a perfect scenario to do the dirty deed.

IF evidence is found Iranian military hardware was used on those tankers and Japan believes it was Iran, then it's safe to say the evidence is credible. You and I don't get to see the evidence. Knowing Trump, he'll send a care package of missiles into Iran.
Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776. If you want to stop the war in Ukraine, fix elections, stop medical tyranny and forced vaccinations, lower inflation and make America and the world a better place, get Trump back into power. The Democrats and Republicans have shown they can't do the job. They are good at robbing us and getting people killed in non stop wars.

Offline BillyB

« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2019, 08:46:45 PM »
Apparently there is video evidence of Iran removing an unexploded mine from the Japanese tanker. They do care about Japan. It's possible they threw a bunch of mines in the water intending to hit a nation, that isn't their customer, ship. Customers are automatically signed up for the mine removal program.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/us-releases-video-it-claims-shows-iran-removing-unexploded-mine-from-gulf-tanker/ar-AACQs3Z?ocid=spartanntp
Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776. If you want to stop the war in Ukraine, fix elections, stop medical tyranny and forced vaccinations, lower inflation and make America and the world a better place, get Trump back into power. The Democrats and Republicans have shown they can't do the job. They are good at robbing us and getting people killed in non stop wars.

Offline Contrarian

« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2019, 09:51:42 PM »
In a possible prelude to war we’re being told that Iran attacked two tankers early this morning, one of them a Japanese tanker. This is of course absurd, the Japanese PM just happens to be visiting Iran, the first time since 1979.

Because it's absurd and people won't believe it, that is a perfect scenario to do the dirty deed.

IF evidence is found Iranian military hardware was used on those tankers and Japan believes it was Iran, then it's safe to say the evidence is credible. You and I don't get to see the evidence. Knowing Trump, he'll send a care package of missiles into Iran.

As always you’re so gullible it’s tragic. But you’re also the typical American who won’t dig into what the media and war hawks are telling you to believe.

Hopefully Trump will resist all bogus provocations to start a war, which would quickly reverse all of the economic successes he’s worked so hard to achieve for the American people.

Offline BillyB

« Reply #7 on: June 13, 2019, 11:27:30 PM »
As always you’re so gullible it’s tragic. But you’re also the typical American who won’t dig into what the media and war hawks are telling you to believe.

You're always digging for something that isn't there. Not everything in life is a conspiracy. Lets say two guys named America and Iran are in a room and are starving. There is one cookie in there and somebody ate it. America knows it wasn't him that ate it. Iran denies it. They both know the truth. Everybody on the outside of the room don't know for sure and they may never know. American then proceeds to punish Iran for not sharing the cookie.

Hopefully Trump will resist all bogus provocations to start a war, which would quickly reverse all of the economic successes he’s worked so hard to achieve for the American people.

There won't be war. Trump is not going to invade. The sky will not fall. Trump may send missiles and bombs but that is about it. Iran can't send land forces to America. They can't win a battle at sea or in the air against a carrier group. There may be a few skirmishes but there won't be war because Iran doesn't have the capability to fight America.

Offline rosco

• Supporting Member
« Reply #8 on: June 14, 2019, 01:24:10 AM »
Indeed Billy but we’ve all seen how war has changed. Flotillas of ships, battalions of men and squadrons of bombers don’t win wars anymore, especially if you can’t fight toe to toe.

If the US were to attack Iran, it would be attacked back in more stealthy, underworld ways and you know it. Battles aren’t fought on flat land, toe to toe with honor anymore.

Expect dirty bombs, hijackings, terrorism, kidknapping and all the other frustratingly impossible methods to combat, that can’t be stopped with a mighty army.

Offline msmoby

• BANNED
  • BANNED
  • Spouses Country: Russia
  • Trips: 20+
« Reply #9 on: June 14, 2019, 04:05:13 AM »
Huh?

Rosco

'someone' is  attacking ships - 'someone' already declared war ..

What ghhas changed is those who start the shooting now deny it

I have never claimed to be a Blue Beret

Spurious claims about 'seeing action' with the Blue Berets are debunked >here<

Here is my Russophobia/Kremlinphobia topic

Online andrewfi

• Supporting Member
    • Articles About Almost Anything!
« Reply #10 on: June 14, 2019, 04:29:27 AM »
The 'evidence' of Iran removing a 'mine' from the ship, from which they were busy rescuing the sailors, seems bogus. Here's a few reasons why:
1) If the device were a mine, as claimed, then why was it well above the waterline? The same is true if the device was a torpedo as per other claims.
2) Why is the evidence produced of such poor quality?
3) Getting petroleum products to catch fire is a very difficult task. Simply placing a bomb against the side of a vessel is, apparently, unlikely to do the job. To get the contents of the vessels to catch fire would almost certainly, even in the case of naphtha, require a second event. From what I understand, an external detonation that opened the tank of the target vessel would cause the contents to flow over the source of the explosion. This would, by itself, put out any fire, reduce temperatures below flashpoints and remove the required oxygen.
4) It is hard to imagine why the people claimed to have attacked the vessel would hang around to take people off the target vessel - they'd know that the first thing that would happen would be an accusation that they were the people who carried out the attack.

Something is going on, several Iranian vessels have mysteriously caught fire, while in port. It is clear that somebody is stirring the pot.

Why would any rational actor carry out attacks that they knew were going to create the outcomes that they really do not want to happen? To believe that Iran carried out these attacks one would have to have the reasoned and honest belief that Iran is actively seeking war with the United States. I'd invite anyone who thinks this to be the case to share with us just 3 verifiable, contextually relevant, pieces of evidence to support their case.
...everything ends always well; if it’s still bad, then it’s not the end!

Offline Contrarian

« Reply #11 on: June 14, 2019, 06:58:47 AM »
The 'evidence' of Iran removing a 'mine' from the ship, from which they were busy rescuing the sailors, seems bogus. Here's a few reasons why:
1) If the device were a mine, as claimed, then why was it well above the waterline? The same is true if the device was a torpedo as per other claims.
2) Why is the evidence produced of such poor quality?
3) Getting petroleum products to catch fire is a very difficult task. Simply placing a bomb against the side of a vessel is, apparently, unlikely to do the job. To get the contents of the vessels to catch fire would almost certainly, even in the case of naphtha, require a second event. From what I understand, an external detonation that opened the tank of the target vessel would cause the contents to flow over the source of the explosion. This would, by itself, put out any fire, reduce temperatures below flashpoints and remove the required oxygen.
4) It is hard to imagine why the people claimed to have attacked the vessel would hang around to take people off the target vessel - they'd know that the first thing that would happen would be an accusation that they were the people who carried out the attack.

Something is going on, several Iranian vessels have mysteriously caught fire, while in port. It is clear that somebody is stirring the pot.

Why would any rational actor carry out attacks that they knew were going to create the outcomes that they really do not want to happen? To believe that Iran carried out these attacks one would have to have the reasoned and honest belief that Iran is actively seeking war with the United States. I'd invite anyone who thinks this to be the case to share with us just 3 verifiable, contextually relevant, pieces of evidence to support their case.

Very well written.  :thumbsup:

Offline Contrarian

« Reply #12 on: June 14, 2019, 07:01:57 AM »

You're always digging for something that isn't there. Not everything in life is a conspiracy. Lets say two guys named America and Iran are in a room and are starving. There is one cookie in there and somebody ate it. America knows it wasn't him that ate it. Iran denies it. They both know the truth. Everybody on the outside of the room don't know for sure and they may never know. American then proceeds to punish Iran for not sharing the cookie.

There won't be war. Trump is not going to invade. The sky will not fall. Trump may send missiles and bombs but that is about it. Iran can't send land forces to America. They can't win a battle at sea or in the air against a carrier group. There may be a few skirmishes but there won't be war because Iran doesn't have the capability to fight America.

Questions about the Gulf of Tonkin incidents have persisted for more than 40 years. But once-classified documents and tapes released in the past several years, combined with previously uncovered facts, make clear that high government officials distorted facts and deceived the American public about events that led to full U.S. involvement in the Vietnam War.

https://www.usni.org/magazines/naval-history-magazine/2008/february/truth-about-tonkin

Offline Contrarian

« Reply #13 on: June 14, 2019, 03:49:33 PM »
In other news researchers now say that it was Iran who sank the Titanic!

https://www.ldfalconflash.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/04/titanic-sinking.jpg

Offline Contrarian

« Reply #14 on: June 14, 2019, 04:15:23 PM »
Whoops!

The Japanese owner of a tanker attacked in the Gulf of Oman claimed Friday that it was struck by a flying projectile, contradicting reports by U.S. officials and the military on the source of the blast.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nbcnews.com/news/amp/ncna1017556

Offline Contrarian

« Reply #15 on: June 14, 2019, 06:47:15 PM »
I just watched World News Tonight with David Muir. They showed a grainy video of a bunch of guys on a small ship removing something from the tanker. The US claims they were Iranian.

They completely omitted that the Japanese owner of the tanker has a different story than the official US version.

The act of omitting important information is highly unprofessional by a major evening news program.

Offline Contrarian

« Reply #16 on: June 14, 2019, 07:10:35 PM »
I just watched World News Tonight with David Muir. They showed a grainy video of a bunch of guys on a small ship removing something from the tanker. The US claims they were Iranian.

They completely omitted that the Japanese owner of the tanker has a different story than the official US version.

The act of omitting important information is highly unprofessional by a major evening news program.

So I just watched Lester Holt on Nightly News and they were responsible, they showed a clip of the Japanese owner telling his version of events, which is different from the US official version.

Good to see that at least one news channel was responsible and showed both sides. They also featured an Iranian commentator.

Hopefully cooler heads will prevail.  :coffeeread:

Offline BillyB

« Reply #17 on: June 14, 2019, 10:46:33 PM »
If the US were to attack Iran, it would be attacked back in more stealthy, underworld ways and you know it. Battles aren’t fought on flat land, toe to toe with honor anymore.

America considers Iran the biggest State sponsor of terrorism. Terrorism is going to happen on America's friend before and after this event. Nothing will change.

To believe that Iran carried out these attacks one would have to have the reasoned and honest belief that Iran is actively seeking war with the United States.

Iran fought Iraq for 8 years and it was a stalemate. USA rolled all the way to Baghdad in a few days with ground troops. Iran doesn't want war with the USA. Iran has not done or never done anything to America for America to want to go to war with them. Iran would need to sink an American ship or bomb a few hundred American troops to get the American public fired up to the point of pushing our government to do something. The latest event may or may not get Trump to send a few cruise missiles to Iran.

So I just watched Lester Holt on Nightly News and they were responsible, they showed a clip of the Japanese owner telling his version of events, which is different from the US official version.

Good to see that at least one news channel was responsible and showed both sides. They also featured an Iranian commentator.

Hopefully cooler heads will prevail.  :coffeeread:

A small boat can sneak up on a ship and personnel can stick a mine on it's side above the water line. Usually these mines are reserved for divers to use but it's hard for a diver to stick a mine on a moving ship. Small mines won't sink a ship but it will disable it and change it's mission. If it weren't shrapnel and an actual missile or rpg being used on the Japanese ship, then it's still an attack. Question is who done it?

Online andrewfi

• Supporting Member
    • Articles About Almost Anything!
« Reply #18 on: June 14, 2019, 11:48:24 PM »
Billy, do you live in a reality that is personal to just yourself and unconnected to the shared experiences of the rest of the teeming billions of humanity?
...everything ends always well; if it’s still bad, then it’s not the end!

Online Markje

• MCMLXXIV
    • Mark's unix pages
  • Spouses Country: Crimea
« Reply #19 on: June 15, 2019, 02:39:52 AM »
Iran fought Iraq for 8 years and it was a stalemate. USA rolled all the way to Baghdad in a few days with ground troops. Iran doesn't want war with the USA. Iran has not done or never done anything to America for America to want to go to war with them. Iran would need to sink an American ship or bomb a few hundred American troops to get the American public fired up to the point of pushing our government to do something. The latest event may or may not get Trump to send a few cruise missiles to Iran.
That was almost a decade ago. In the meantime Iran did not have to fight a war (wars are expensive things) and did buy much hardware from the Russian Federation. Therefore the Iranian military now is not comparable to the military then.

That video looks like a fake, smells like a fake. It probably is a fake. (And in the off-chance it is not: There is no proof it was iranian guys or what they are doing there. Perhaps its their own crew removing something from the ship after they heard about the other 2 incidents. Makes much more sense.

Meanwhile,  I see no evidence either way to point to a guilty party. I did however find it funny that both a Dutch boat and the Iranian government claimed to have rescued the crew from 1 of the ships.
OO===[][]===OO
My first trip to my wife: To Evpatoria!
My road trip to Crimea: Roadtrip to Evpatoria

Offline BillyB

« Reply #20 on: June 15, 2019, 08:49:12 AM »
Billy, do you live in a reality that is personal to just yourself and unconnected to the shared experiences of the rest of the teeming billions of humanity?

You say that to all the guys you disagree with.

That was almost a decade ago. In the meantime Iran did not have to fight a war (wars are expensive things) and did buy much hardware from the Russian Federation. Therefore the Iranian military now is not comparable to the military then.

When Iran went to war with Iraq in 1980, Iran had 80 state of the art American F-14 fighters. They also bought other American military hardware. Of course that stuff was sold to Iran when they were our friend before the radicals took over.

Today's Iranian military hasn't fought a war in a long time. They are inexperienced. Inexperienced soldiers are easily killed. How many years have you worked in your line of work? 20 years? Imagine a kid right out of college joining your company. You will be able to run circles around him. All he had was training(college) and he has never applied anything he learn into practice yet. He will be lost in the first few months on the job.

I see no evidence either way to point to a guilty party.

As long as we don't see evidence, we don't know who done it. The sabotaging of tankers will continue and raise oil prices around the world. Maybe they'll find some hard evidence like a serial number off the shrapnel. Although the video was grainy, the shape and design of the boat could be made out and I'm sure there are experts out there who know the manufacture and model of the boat just by looking at it.

I did however find it funny that both a Dutch boat and the Iranian government claimed to have rescued the crew from 1 of the ships.

Although nobody takes credit for the sabotage, some want to take credit for the rescue. At least America was correct Iran had a boat in the area next to a ship.

Offline msmoby

• BANNED
  • BANNED
« Reply #21 on: June 15, 2019, 10:09:45 AM »
Our andrewfi is on a roll,  this weekend ..More bollox to be taken apart ..

The 'evidence' of Iran removing a 'mine' from the ship, from which they were busy rescuing the sailors, seems bogus.

1/ It IS a RG vessel of Iran
2/ You DO realise that there are basically THREE types of mine - one -which floats ? 
3/ WHO still says it was a 'mine' ? https://www.nytimes.com/2019/06/14/world/middleeast/oil-tanker-attack-gulf-oman.html
4/ Who uses the term 'naphtha' except someone who hasn't a clue.. ?

I do not think it was 'rational' to penalise break an agreement 'O'bama' and other western player had agreed with Iran ..

I do not think one can expect the govt of Iran to 'admit' an attack(s) - given 'Trampu' has made it SO clear that he wants to pull forces out of the region ..

I DO think that if this was a false flag operation - we'd have seen a response by now ..

Suggestion for andrewfi

Do stop hypothosising about stuff about you have no clue and certainly not all the facts

Offline BillyB

« Reply #22 on: June 15, 2019, 10:14:32 AM »
Crew of the Japanese tanker abandoned ship after discovering an unexploded mine above the waterline. IRGC Gashti Class patrol boat later removes the mine. If Iran didn't do the dirty deed, they should've left the mine on the boat so it could be determined who made it. Notice how all the mines are placed at the right height on a ships hull for an Iranian patrol boat to place or recover them? Video in the link below is clear enough to make out the boat

https://www.yahoo.com/news/tensions-oil-tanker-attacks-us-video-iranian-patrol-boat-070206514.html

Offline msmoby

• BANNED
  • BANNED
« Reply #23 on: June 15, 2019, 10:19:44 AM »

Whilst Billy and I sure have our differences, your postings of the last 72 hours suggest he is A LOT more connected to reality on many subjects than you !

Offline Contrarian

« Reply #24 on: June 15, 2019, 11:59:50 AM »
Crew of the Japanese tanker abandoned ship after discovering an unexploded mine above the waterline. IRGC Gashti Class patrol boat later removes the mine. If Iran didn't do the dirty deed, they should've left the mine on the boat so it could be determined who made it. Notice how all the mines are placed at the right height on a ships hull for an Iranian patrol boat to place or recover them? Video in the link below is clear enough to make out the boat

https://www.yahoo.com/news/tensions-oil-tanker-attacks-us-video-iranian-patrol-boat-070206514.html

It could be Iran, although I don’t see how it benefits them.

It could also be a the intel agency of a bad actor, using Iranian style boats and uniforms.