The World's #1 Russian, Ukrainian & Eastern European Discussion & Information Forum - RUA!

This Is the Premier Discussion Forum on the Net for Information and Discussion about Russia, Ukraine, Eastern Europe and the Former Soviet Union. Discuss Culture, Politics, Travelling, Language, International Relationships and More. Chat with Travellers, Locals, Residents and Expats. Ask and Answer Questions about Travel, Culture, Relationships, Applying for Visas, Translators, Interpreters, and More. Give Advice, Read Trip Reports, Share Experiences and Make Friends.

Author Topic: Selling Online Etc  (Read 3253 times)

Offline Manny

• Spouses Country: Russia
  • Trips: 20+
Selling Online Etc
« on: June 13, 2019, 01:12:04 PM »
A good day for the 'Internet Lifestyle'.

I took a photo of the internet lifestyle recently in Madeira for fun......

I do like those Amazon kerching emails.
Read a trip report from North Korea >>here<< - Read a trip report from South Korea, China and Hong Kong >>here<<

Look what the American media makes some people believe:
Putin often threatens to strike US with nuclear weapons.

Offline cufflinks

• Supporting Member
  • Trips: 1-5
Re: Selling Online Etc
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2019, 01:31:17 PM »

Good on ya!   Could you do same in RU-UA?

Offline Manny

« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2019, 01:42:10 PM »

The ones you see there are sales that Amazon pick, pack and send. So once the stuff is in their warehouse, it's pretty much automatic apart from feeding them correctly packaged and labelled stuff as and when. They are not cheap to feed though, it's about half of the gross that they take. So it has to be your own lines manufactured for you alone or it doesn't pay in my opinion. Its one of several sales channels I use but the one I would choose to develop when I take a step back in the future. I like the idea of jollying around China and nearby regions quaffing wine and eating Teppanyaki sourcing and developing products while Amazon do the tedious fulfillment stuff.
Read a trip report from North Korea >>here<< - Read a trip report from South Korea, China and Hong Kong >>here<<

Offline cufflinks

• Supporting Member
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2019, 01:53:59 PM »

The ones you see there are sales that Amazon pick, pack and send. So once the stuff is in their warehouse, it's pretty much automatic apart from feeding them correctly packaged and labelled stuff as and when. They are not cheap to feed though, it's about half of the gross that they take. So it has to be your own lines manufactured for you alone or it doesn't pay in my opinion. Its one of several sales channels I use but the one I would choose to develop when I take a step back in the future. I like the idea of jollying around China and nearby regions quaffing wine and eating Teppanyaki sourcing and developing products while Amazon do the tedious fulfillment stuff.

There are dozens of courses to teach various FBA Fulfillment by Amazon strategies and the consensus is best to design your own versions of products with your own branding and packagingand buy bulk in Asia and feed the FBA warehouses and Amazon makes the products searchable to their 250 Million active customers.   Downside is if you are too successful Amazon themselves will duplicate your niche as they already "own" the customers - even worse is Taobao and Alibaba as they will just copy whatever you are doing to outcompete you as native Chinamen...

I was looking into FBA until I met my FinTech mentor and now do not have to touch physical product and still get to travel and can keep an eye on my future trading teams from where ever.

Good on you for making FBA work for you.

Offline Manny

« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2019, 02:18:23 PM »
the consensus is best to design your own versions of products with your own branding and packagingand buy bulk in Asia and feed the FBA warehouses and Amazon makes the products searchable to their 250 Million active customers.

You need more than rebranding existing products. People will still sell the same item off the back of your listing if the supply chain isnt under your control.

Downside is if you are too successful Amazon themselves will duplicate your niche as they already "own" the customers

True. I prefer to mine a small niche but be the only one in the space with my own designed product. Sales wont be high enough for Amazon to steal the idea hopefully.

- even worse is Taobao and Alibaba as they will just copy whatever you are doing to outcompete you as native Chinamen...

Depends how you deal with your Chinese manufacturer/s. If they are clear the first time they copy your stuff they lose all future business they'll behave. Also, business out there is about relationships. Turn up, break bread with them. All will be well. But sooner or later someone will copy your line. By then you are on to the next one. And anyway your tooling should be paid so you can undercut interlopers.

Good on you for making FBA work for you.

You need several legit selling accounts. Its changeable as Amazon love to freeze your money on a whim - it's part of the business model. You must withdraw daily to keep the amount they are holding as low as possible and bang any frozen account on holiday settings immediately so they can't steal more or they'll drag it out for months sitting on piles of your cash. When they freeze one account I switch on a backup account and serve the UK MD a notice of intent to sue and they unfreeze it usually within a day or two. Getting paid from Amazon is cat and mouse. It's all about them hanging on to other people's money as long as possible. You get a few months in the sun and then a random "investigation" about some bollox that's all copy and paste non English speakers. It's part of dealing with them. They are much worse than Moby's mates at Paypal. But when it works, you are sat under palm trees with a tall one and a bint in a bikini.

Offline cufflinks

• Supporting Member
« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2019, 04:24:07 PM »
https://www.awolacademy.com/products/

I actually purchased this guy Keala Kanae's (a white fairly kool Hawaiian guy's) $99 course also has an upsell for $1799... that's before I became 100% focused on my Knowledge Engineering project - gist of his course is to create a funnel using Google Analytics for products and services of higher value and funnel into Amazon/Bestbuy/Walmart Online etc etc for Affiliate Marketing revenues - still the cat and mouse with the biggies for payment but no physical product to deal with... and if a sales funnel happens to sell a lot of travel, weight loss, healthy cookbooks, Wine and Spirits, and Great Restaurants travel guides can be a nice revenue stream - of course an obvious upsell is your own high end well photographed Ebooks to start.

https://www.awolacademy.com/products/
PRO ACADEMY
pro-academy$99 | Become a Pro Internet Marketer

New to the world of Internet marketing & business? No problem.

Inside Pro Academy, we’ll walk you step-by-step, click-by-click through every single step of setting up your very own sales funnel ready to begin generating traffic, leads, and customers for your business. Look over our shoulder and follow along as we hold your hand and integrate every tool we use in our own marketing arsenal.

You’ll walk away with a sophisticated business system complete with your own website and domain, conversion tracking system, lead-capture pages, email marketing, and more…

###

Drop shipping online training is bigger then ever but with pricier products = higher margins think Wayfair...

https://emergeapp.net/drop-shipping/8-best-drop-shipping-companies/  Includes Pros and Cons

https://www.udemy.com/topic/dropshipping/  udemy courses list ratings by those who paid and took their courses.

https://www.bigcommerce.com/blog/dropshipping/#5-hard-truths-about-dropshipping-no-one-talks-about

And:

A good overview of modern capital raising.
https://www.godaddy.com/garage/top-20-crowdfunding-platforms/

Offline msmoby

• BANNED
  • BANNED
« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2019, 09:39:09 PM »
'Depends how you deal with your Chinese manufacturer/s. If they are clear the first time they copy your stuff they lose all future business they'll behave. "

That has to be quote of the week material...

I have never claimed to be a Blue Beret

Spurious claims about 'seeing action' with the Blue Berets are debunked >here<

Here is my Russophobia/Kremlinphobia topic

Offline Manny

« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2019, 06:24:48 AM »
'Depends how you deal with your Chinese manufacturer/s. If they are clear the first time they copy your stuff they lose all future business they'll behave. "

I suspect I've dealt with more Chinese manufacturers than you, and spent more time there (naturally you will beg to differ, with your natural Chinese language or something). Nothing of mine has been bootlegged by them. Maybe my people skills are better than yours if your experience differs.

Offline cufflinks

• Supporting Member
« Reply #8 on: June 14, 2019, 08:19:45 PM »
Damn... as Stuart drops the MIC!

Offline msmoby

• BANNED
  • BANNED
« Reply #9 on: June 15, 2019, 09:49:34 AM »

Quote from: Manny
Depends how you deal with your Chinese manufacturer/s. If they are clear the first time they copy your stuff they lose all future business they'll behave

I suspect I've dealt with more Chinese manufacturers than you, and spent more time there (naturally you will beg to differ, with your natural Chinese language or something). Nothing of mine has been bootlegged by them. Maybe my people skills are better than yours if your experience differs.

We BOTH know what point I'm making and why I laughed.. nice obuscation and delection attempt ;)

1/ The Chinese are indfamous for their copying and copyright ahereance - so you think YOU have more 'power' to stop copying than the mighty Tata Group ? ;)

https://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/guangzhou-motor-show/range-rover-evoque-versus-landwind-x7-copycat-which-better

2/ Imagine a scenario whereby a poster was re-engineering  spare parts from a well-respected company - run by a 'brexiteeer' - [snip]  - as you'd expect [snip] as alternatives for genuine kit and posted like you did ....  the irony would make it  ..'post of thw eweek material'  :coffeeread:

Offline Manny

« Reply #10 on: June 15, 2019, 02:35:35 PM »
Moby, "the Chinese" are not a homogeneous group who all think and act the same.

BTW, your estimation of what I do is a bit off the mark. We generally dont make pattern parts, we generally engineer things to allow OEM things to work with other OEM things to save people money. And occasionally automotive, cooking, electronic and home related items. You'll note I recently posted about how we might source paper shopping bags in the USA. You may be a decade out of date with your assumptions. What I sell is quite diverse and many of the items I sell are unique and designed by me (at least till other Brits have their Chinese copy my ideas). I'll sell anything I think there is demand for.

I removed the identifying material from your post for you as you have no filters.  (:)

I visit the main factories I use and build relationships with the people like I'd do anywhere. You may be familiar with a concept called face in China. If not look it up. If a factory for example used my moulds to manufacture for others, I'll remove the moulds and the money I spend with them will stop. Like honourable people anywhere, it is unlikely the people I deal with will lose face by trying to scam me in that way. Why would they? Would they risk making a couple of grand off Johnny Stranger to lose multiple repeat orders over many years from me? Especially when I can arrive at their factory and look them in the eye and ask why? Not impossible of course, but doubtful.

Maybe you move in the wrong circles. Like attracts like.

Offline cufflinks

• Supporting Member
« Reply #11 on: June 15, 2019, 07:17:44 PM »
Damn... as Stuart drops the MIC yet AGAIN!

Offline msmoby

• BANNED
  • BANNED
« Reply #12 on: June 16, 2019, 02:23:35 AM »

I removed the identifying material from your post for you as you have no filters.  (:)

[More identifying material removed]

We both know that what you posted is long hand for - I copied someone elese's design ( perhaps actually making it better ) so as it can be used in their kit .. hence my laughter re copying ..and suggestion for 'quote of the week'

I have had stuff designed - from scratch - to my specs - and Chinese companies get the EXACT specs, BoM, etc., and could run off thousands of copies .. even if they didn't get the biz to manufacture .. I'd prob. never know ... but they'd be useless without the firmware

So, guess what ? What we do is FAR more detailed and involves far more components and testing - but thanks - as ever for editing my posts to read differently  - and suggesting content was there that wasn't ..in your daft need to look more knowledgeable

So, once again - can you deal with how 'honourable' the folk who make the 'Landwing' are and how you are 'smarter' / more capable to defending your alternative design for someone else's design - which works in their product ..? 

Offline Manny

« Reply #13 on: June 16, 2019, 11:00:16 AM »
We both know that what you posted is long hand for -I copied someone elese's design ( perhaps actually making it better ) so as it can be used in their kit .. hence my laughter re copying ..and suggestion for 'quote of the week'

*sigh*

My best-selling products are items that the OEMs dont make. Of course if I want to make an item to fit your item for example, there often must be a compatibility that allows it to do that (imagine a pattern oil filter). So what you refer to as 'copying' is more usually nothing of the sort and covered under a must fit exception, feel free to learn about that >here<.

That said, it's also utterly legitimate to reproduce an item - in my case items discontinued by an OEM - for which design rights have expired on. That rather differs to the Landwind/Land Rover example you gave. It's a big subject that there are many shades of grey within. One takes legal advice to establish what can and cannot be done. Rights owners dont chase Chinese factories, they chase the western importers and sellers as soft targets. But your point about *some* Chinese is valid in a general sense. This always made me laugh.

So, once again - can you deal with how 'honourable' the folk who make the 'Landwing' are and how you are 'smarter' / more capable to defending your alternative design for someone else's design - which works in their product ..?

I never commented on Landwind, perhaps you misunderstood.

Offline msmoby

• BANNED
  • BANNED
« Reply #14 on: June 19, 2019, 07:58:35 AM »
Ah, so you keep deleting my posts - because they 'counter' your viewpoint and demonstrate it ?

Worse you 'delete' identifying material - which YOU have laready posted - including forum addresses - you are a hoot 

Offline Manny

« Reply #15 on: June 20, 2019, 08:27:04 AM »
Ah, so you keep deleting my posts - because they 'counter' your viewpoint and demonstrate it ?

Worse you 'delete' identifying material - which YOU have laready posted - including forum addresses - you are a hoot

Anything I consider commercially sensitive, the posting of unnecessary information about me or any interests of mine or anything otherwise unsuitable for this platform and/or audience wont get through. I get that you have no filters and the need to pre-moderate your posts is testament to the fact that you run amok if left unsupervised. Just as you get close to being let off the lead and behaving normally, you relapse as we have seen in recent days.

Offline msmoby

• BANNED
  • BANNED
« Reply #16 on: June 20, 2019, 08:55:56 AM »

Anything I consider commercially sensitive, the posting of unnecessary information about me or any interests of mine or anything otherwise unsuitable for this platform and/or audience wont get through. I get that you have no filters and the need to pre-moderate your posts is testament to the fact that you run amok if left unsupervised. Just as you get close to being let off the lead and behaving normally, you relapse as we have seen in recent days.

As a said - a hoot ..

I posted NOTHING - that hadn't been posted on THIS VERY FORUM - by you or Rosco ..

Suggesting otherwise ?....  Hardly honest ...

Offline Manny

« Reply #17 on: June 22, 2019, 03:58:56 PM »
If you wish to learn something about selling online you’re free to ask questions. Questions that don’t contain specifics or even innuendos about me or others here. That’s all.

Offline cufflinks

• Supporting Member
« Reply #18 on: June 28, 2019, 12:06:59 PM »
Mobster Humor:

I get that you have no filters and the need to pre-moderate your posts is testament to the fact that you run amok if left unsupervised. Just as you get close to being let off the lead and behaving normally, you relapse as we have seen in recent days.

I almost swallowed my tongue laughing so hard when I read this...

tiphat :ROFL: :biggrin: :8) :smokin: :thumbsup: