The World's #1 Russian, Ukrainian & Eastern European Discussion & Information Forum - RUA!

This Is the Premier Discussion Forum on the Net for Information and Discussion about Russia, Ukraine, Eastern Europe and the Former Soviet Union. Discuss Culture, Politics, Travelling, Language, International Relationships and More. Chat with Travellers, Locals, Residents and Expats. Ask and Answer Questions about Travel, Culture, Relationships, Applying for Visas, Translators, Interpreters, and More. Give Advice, Read Trip Reports, Share Experiences and Make Friends.

Author Topic: How’s the Weather Where You Are?  (Read 14666 times)

Offline Dogsoldier

• Supporting Member
  • Spouses Country: Україна
  • Trips: 10-20
Re: How’s the Weather Where You Are?
« Reply #25 on: June 13, 2019, 01:22:55 PM »
Hot winds, dusty and baking, with temperatures hitting 50C. It’s 2045 hrs right now and it’s 40C.
My SUV a/c isn’t coping too well at these temperatures. ????

Sod that for a game of soldiers.

:ROFL: :ROFL: :ROFL:
Yes, you northerners are a soft bunch!!!

Offline msmoby

• BANNED
  • BANNED
  • Spouses Country: Russia
  • Trips: 20+
« Reply #26 on: June 13, 2019, 01:24:43 PM »

My bucket list is Bath and Scotland for your area of the World.

https://wikitravel.org/en/North_West_England

I just followed your link and then onto the Manchester link: https://wikitravel.org/en/Greater_Manchester

I rather think Greater Manchester is closer to 5m people than the 2.6m people stated. And the Trafford Centre is listed as a tourist attraction. Which is a bog standard US mall in most respects. And apparently, Salford is now a city (it ain't - it's more like the Bronx).  :chuckle:

Bath and the Cotswolds are FAR more interesting than Manchester and Salford is where MNanchester United moved to in an upgrade ;)

But Manny and I recommewnd Canal Street of an evening in Manchester - if you are looking for a date ....

I have never claimed to be a Blue Beret

Spurious claims about 'seeing action' with the Blue Berets are debunked >here<

Here is my Russophobia/Kremlinphobia topic

Offline cufflinks

• Supporting Member
  • Trips: 1-5
« Reply #27 on: June 13, 2019, 01:29:41 PM »
Hot winds, dusty and baking, with temperatures hitting 50C. It’s 2045 hrs right now and it’s 40C.

DS Since I am a Navy Man I will wish you fair winds and following seas and wishing you safety in your deployment Military or Civ Contractor and a happy voyage home.

Offline Manny

« Reply #28 on: June 13, 2019, 02:28:44 PM »
The chat about selling online is now >here<.

Moby's trolling about gays, lefties and whatever is now on his blah blah topic.
Read a trip report from North Korea >>here<< - Read a trip report from South Korea, China and Hong Kong >>here<<

Look what the American media makes some people believe:
Putin often threatens to strike US with nuclear weapons.

Offline Manny

« Reply #29 on: June 13, 2019, 02:31:30 PM »
Salford is where MNanchester United moved to in an upgrade ;)

Except that's actually in Trafford Park industrial estate.
Read a trip report from North Korea >>here<< - Read a trip report from South Korea, China and Hong Kong >>here<<

Look what the American media makes some people believe:
Putin often threatens to strike US with nuclear weapons.

Offline rosco

• Supporting Member
« Reply #30 on: June 13, 2019, 04:27:35 PM »
Epic beautiful warm sunny New England weather even on the gray rainy days - best described as natural air conditioning in June high 60s F at night and mid to high 70s to low 80s F days - been riding my mountain bike every excuse I get - will be more hazy hot and humid in July and August "dog days" of summer. 

Stripers are running now then blues this summer (Giant Striped Sea Bass 10 to 50 lbs each spawn up rivers and Bluefish 5 to 20 lbs each).

Nothing like a good bike ride to get your legs pumped and your heart racing!

Are we talking about bicycles here?  ;D

Offline rosco

• Supporting Member
« Reply #31 on: June 13, 2019, 04:31:03 PM »

Do you ever miss the sideways rain DS?

Offline cufflinks

• Supporting Member
« Reply #32 on: June 13, 2019, 04:54:47 PM »
Epic beautiful warm sunny New England weather even on the gray rainy days - best described as natural air conditioning in June high 60s F at night and mid to high 70s to low 80s F days - been riding my mountain bike every excuse I get - will be more hazy hot and humid in July and August "dog days" of summer. 

Stripers are running now then blues this summer (Giant Striped Sea Bass 10 to 50 lbs each spawn up rivers and Bluefish 5 to 20 lbs each).

Nothing like a good bike ride to get your legs pumped and your heart racing!

Are we talking about bicycles here?  ;D

When the weather is nice and warm and you are bicycle riding with a lovely lass with a comely chassis in front of you - ladies before gentlemen, of course, it does lend to getting the blood racing for more relaxing sensual evening activities afterward...

Offline dcguyusa

• Spouses Country: North America, South America, Europe, Asia
  • Trips: None Yet
« Reply #33 on: June 13, 2019, 05:05:24 PM »
Of all of the major cities reported on weather around the world on the local paper, Dubai had the highest temperature on Tuesday.  Hotter than S. F. which reached a rare 100F on Monday.  it could get a bit hotter in the Persian Gulf with the rocket attacks reported today.
An uninformed opponent is a dangerous opponent.

"Y'all be makin shit up" ~ Markeith Loyd

Offline Dogsoldier

• Supporting Member
« Reply #34 on: June 13, 2019, 11:40:37 PM »

DS Since I am a Navy Man I will wish you fair winds and following seas and wishing you safety in your deployment Military or Civ Contractor and a happy voyage home.
Thanks Cuffy. The sentiment is appreciated. Let’s hope things blow over and cool heads prevail.

Offline Dogsoldier

• Supporting Member
« Reply #35 on: June 13, 2019, 11:42:57 PM »

Do you ever miss the sideways rain DS?
Rain, what’s that?  ;D

Offline Chris

• Spouses Country: Chernivtsi, Ukraine
« Reply #36 on: June 14, 2019, 02:41:42 AM »
The North West, not much of a summer so far yet this year, last year was very warm, hot in fact for a couple of months.

My bucket list is Bath and Scotland for your area of the World.

https://wikitravel.org/en/North_West_England

Great, both well worth visiting, but depending on what you want to see, there are thousands of other great places to visit too.  If you like history or historical places, you can't go wrong.
Слава Україні

Offline msmoby

• BANNED
  • BANNED
« Reply #37 on: June 14, 2019, 04:02:09 AM »
Salford is where MNanchester United moved to in an upgrade ;)

Except that's actually in Trafford Park industrial estate.

Well, in Trafford - which also has Trafford Park Ind est, Trafford Centre Mall, Chill Factore, https://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Attraction_Review-g2433765-d734957-Reviews-Chill_Factore-Stretford_Trafford_Greater_Manchester_England.html

But NOT in Salford - as I claimed

Offline msmoby

• BANNED
  • BANNED
« Reply #38 on: June 14, 2019, 04:03:17 AM »

Great, both well worth visiting, but depending on what you want to see, there are thousands of other great places to visit too.  If you like history or historical places, you can't go wrong.

West coast of Scotland and highlands is normally best right now ... someone forgot to end winter

Offline cufflinks

• Supporting Member
« Reply #39 on: June 15, 2019, 09:20:29 AM »
What a spectacular day today... 

Perfect day for a victory cigar after last evening's EOW Review...
I get a 10% veteran's discount from online giant JR Cigars https://www.jrcigars.com/deals/  and they ran a Father's Day Special 25 Good Hand Rolled premium Cigars for $35 USD and free shipping - 35 divide by 25 = $1.40 each the Montes alone go for $10 to $12 each at the local man cave - it must have been popular because their web site never updated with my USPS Tracking # info so I was sure they would not be in by father's day yet got a knock at 3:30 PM Fri and they were delivered in a Giant Montecristo Humidipak parcel - so in order from good to great: 

Casa Blanca - Good
Casa de Garcia Connecticut (CT) wrappers - Quite Good
Gispert CT Robustos - Quite Good
Romeo Y Julieta Maduro Robusto - Sensei rated Very Good
Montecristo AJ Fernandez Box Pressed Habanos Wrapper darker than Nicaraguans but not as dark as Maduros - Excellent
A couple of Medium Wrapper Montecristo Platinums - Simply Epic

Quite an effective Customer Loyalty Rewards marketing campaign for Father's Day.

Now for an Espresso to Go with a Cigar Traveller on my Mountain Bike to go to Aldis for some fresh fruit...

Next Saturday is the bargain Bus Round Trip day trip to Hampton Beach will save a few stogies for the beach.

NASHUA, New Hampshire USA
as of 10:41 am EDT

72°
SUNNY
feels like 72°
H 82° / L 64°
UV Index 6 of 10

Offline yankee

« Reply #40 on: June 15, 2019, 09:40:15 AM »

I get a 10% veteran's discount from online giant JR Cigars https://www.jrcigars.com/deals/  and they ran a Father's Day Special 25 Good Hand Rolled premium Cigars for $35 USD and free shipping - 35 divide by 25 = $1.40 each the Montes alone go for $10 to $12 each at the local man cave - it must have been popular because their web site never updated with my USPS Tracking # info so I was sure they would not be in by father's day yet got a knock at 3:30 PM Fri and they were delivered in a Giant Montecristo Humidipak parcel - so in order from good to great: 

Casa Blanca - Good
Montecristo AJ Fernandez Box Pressed Habanos Wrapper darker than Nicaraguans but not as dark as Maduros - Excellent

Quite an effective Customer Loyalty Rewards marketing campaign for Father's Day.

Now for an Espresso to Go with a Cigar Traveller on my Mountain Bike to go to Aldis for some fresh fruit...

Next Saturday is the bargain Bus Round Trip day trip to Hampton Beach will save a few stogies for the beach.

72°
SUNNY
feels like 72°
H 82° / L 64°
UV Index 6 of 10

You forgot to tell them that the water temperature of the water at Hampton Beach is VERY cold.  Not as cold as Puget Sound but very cold!
What is worse than not being able to get what you don't even want?

Offline Contrarian

« Reply #41 on: June 15, 2019, 09:50:19 AM »

Casa Blanca - Good

72°
SUNNY
feels like 72°
H 82° / L 64°
UV Index 6 of 10

You forgot to tell them that the water temperature of the water at Hampton Beach is VERY cold.  Not as cold as Puget Sound but very cold!

You’ve been in Puget Sound?

You’re right it can get very cold. I preferred swimming in Lake Washington to say the least.

Offline yankee

« Reply #42 on: June 15, 2019, 10:20:06 AM »

Casa Blanca - Good

72°
SUNNY
feels like 72°
H 82° / L 64°
UV Index 6 of 10

You’re right it can get very cold. I preferred swimming in Lake Washington to say the least.

5763 Sealawn Ave Tacoma, WA  1989 to 1991

Offline Contrarian

« Reply #43 on: June 15, 2019, 11:21:25 AM »

Casa Blanca - Good

72°
SUNNY
feels like 72°
H 82° / L 64°
UV Index 6 of 10

My brother and I spent a summer in Edmonds and swam in Puget Sound right there.

We then spent about 5+ years in Monroe and swam in the Skyhomish River.

Next up was Kirkland, I graduated from Juanita HS. Did a lot of swimming and water skiing at Lake Washington. Sure enjoyed hydroplane races and Seafair also. Also spent a few years in Everett.

Offline yankee

« Reply #44 on: June 15, 2019, 11:39:44 AM »

Casa Blanca - Good

72°
SUNNY
feels like 72°
H 82° / L 64°
UV Index 6 of 10

Next up was Kirkland, I graduated from Juanita HS. Did a lot of swimming and water skiing at Lake Washington. Sure enjoyed hydroplane races and Seafair also. Also spent a few years in Everett.

my step son and family live in Lake Sammamish

Offline Contrarian

« Reply #45 on: June 15, 2019, 11:54:24 AM »

Casa Blanca - Good

72°
SUNNY
feels like 72°
H 82° / L 64°
UV Index 6 of 10

my step son and family live in Lake Sammamish

I’ve spent some time there as well! At the park, sunbathing, swimming and a bit of water skiing. You can’t beat summertime in the PNW!

Offline Contrarian

« Reply #46 on: June 15, 2019, 12:09:29 PM »
In Seattle: Seattle was once a very beautiful city. It’s now been ruined by progressive liberals.

Offline cufflinks

• Supporting Member
« Reply #47 on: June 15, 2019, 07:34:55 PM »
This is happening in every warm weather Marxist SJW Democrat Socialists of America (DSA) CPUSA (Communist Party of the USA) married to the Radical Far Leftist Democrat party controlled Urban Area - Seattle, Portland, San Freakcisco, Los Angeles and San Diego...  The western desert Cities are in more Conservative Run States so do not tolerate such open destructive Communist Chinese and their client Mexican Narco-Terrorists flooding their states with Fentanyl, Carfentanyl, Meth, Heroin or Cocaine to such an extreme extent. 

Boston is bad but northern cities Boston NYC Chicago Minneapolis etc still have brutally cold arctic winter blasts and even Drug Addicts do not like to freeze to death so the Warm Weather Radical Lefty Democrat controlled cities win the Darwin Awards jackpot.  Of course, this is all part of the UN Agenda 21 and Soros et el plan for the USA and EU.

Think Communist China puts up with this crap - only if the CCP is earning from it and controlling it.

Offline Steveboy

• Commercial Member
  • Trips: Resident
« Reply #48 on: June 20, 2019, 05:09:14 AM »
We are in the Uk for a week or so.. and it is rain, rain, rain,rain,rain,rain,rain...

Cant wait to get back home already and have a proper summer!!
I support no government anywhere, ever, never. No institution, No religion!!

Offline msmoby

• BANNED
  • BANNED
« Reply #49 on: June 20, 2019, 10:23:30 AM »
You are in the wrong part of the UK, mate - Fowey, Cornwall at 17:00

It was beautiful on the Helford River,( also Cornwall)  yesterday - outside the Ferryboat Inn

Registration