The World's #1 Russian, Ukrainian & Eastern European Discussion & Information Forum - RUA!

This Is the Premier Discussion Forum on the Net for Information and Discussion about Russia, Ukraine, Eastern Europe and the Former Soviet Union. Discuss Culture, Politics, Travelling, Language, International Relationships and More. Chat with Travellers, Locals, Residents and Expats. Ask and Answer Questions about Travel, Culture, Relationships, Applying for Visas, Translators, Interpreters, and More. Give Advice, Read Trip Reports, Share Experiences and Make Friends.

Author Topic: D-Day… More Drama Than Decisive in World War II Victory  (Read 6608 times)

Offline Wiz

• Spouses Country: Russia
  • Trips: 20+
D-Day… More Drama Than Decisive in World War II Victory
« on: June 09, 2019, 08:59:09 AM »
D-Day… More Drama Than
a Decisive in World War II Victory

Stealing the laurels of victory was a necessary act of treachery by the Western powers in order to facilitate their Cold War against the Soviet Union. The same treachery continues today as Washington and its NATO allies try to wage a new Cold War against Russia.

US President Donald Trump called it the “greatest battle ever” while attending a 75th anniversary ceremony this week to mark the Western allied invasion of Nazi-occupied France.

Trump was joined by Britain’s Queen Elizabeth II and leaders from 15 other nations in the British harbor city of Portsmouth from where allied troops embarked for the beaches of Normandy on June 6, 1944.

Looking back, Operation Overlord was indeed a huge military and logistical undertaking. Some 150,000 troops from the US, Britain and Canada, among others, crossed the narrow English Channel in 7,000 vessels. It is recorded as the biggest military land invasion from sea.

Allied forces were met by Nazi firepower as they stormed the Normandy beaches. But in truth the Nazi defenses were easily overwhelmed. That’s largely because Hitler had already shifted the best fighting units months before to the Eastern Front where the Third Reich was really in a war for its survival against the Soviet Red Army. The D-Day casualty figures would attest that American, British and German deaths from the brief battles in Normandy were of the order of 10,000. Meanwhile, on the Eastern Front the casualties on both the German and Soviet sides were hundred-fold more, in the millions.

When the D-Day invasion was launched in June 1944, the pivotal battle at Stalingrad was long over, 16 months before that. The Wehrmacht was already being rolled back to German homeland. Some 90 per cent of all German military casualties – nearly six million soldier deaths – were to be inflicted on the Eastern Front fighting the Red Army.

The question remains: why did Western allies not launch their offensive on Nazi-occupied France much sooner? Soviet leader Josef Stalin had pleaded over the previous year with his American and British counterparts to do so on several occasions in order to relieve the Soviets. Did the Western allies finally act on D-Day because they could see that the Red Army was on the way to conquering all of Nazi Germany singlehandedly, and thus were motivated to claw some of the spoils? It was the Red Army that vanquished the Third Reich’s last stand in Berlin in May 1945. But the Soviet Union entered into a postwar carve-up of Germany with the US and Britain.

So, when President Trump talks about D-Day being the “greatest battle ever” he is being prone to unfounded exaggeration, relying on Hollywood fabulation than historical record.

There is little dispute that the opening of the Western Front did indeed help accelerate the final defeat of Nazi Germany. But it also indisputable that the greatest battles and decisive victories were achieved by the Soviet forces for the liberation of Europe from Nazi tyranny.

What we see in today’s celebration of the 75th anniversary of D-Day is more dramatics than actual historical reality. Official Western conceit pretends that that event was the key to defeating Nazi Germany.

Part of the reason is to arrogate a moral authority for Western states, which is hardly deserved. By claiming to have emancipated Europe from the scourge of totalitarian fascism, Western states are thereby given a political and moral cover to conduct their own otherwise blatant policies of aggression and militarism.

How many illegal wars and subterfuges have the US and its NATO allies, particularly Britain, carried out since the end of the Second World War? Some historians like the late William Blum, author of ‘Killing Hope’, or Mark Curtis, author of ‘Web of Deceit’, put the number in the hundreds. These genocidal, supreme crimes of aggression, are afforded an audacious moral license largely because these same aggressors continually invoke their supposed victory against Nazi Germany. The truth is that the US and its NATO allies have in many ways continued the same aggression of Nazi Germany in countless wars and covert operations around the world over the past seven decades. The genocides in Korea, Kenya, Malaya, Indonesia, Vietnam, Chile, Central America, Iraq, Afghanistan, Libya, are just a few among many other US-UK atrocities.

The present looming conflicts involve the US threatening war and destruction against Iran and Venezuela based on transparently spurious pretexts. And yet Trump has the brass neck to eulogize during the D-Day commemorations this week about American forces standing up for “freedom and liberty”.

The US and its NATO allies are using the past and its presumed glories as a shield for their own criminal imperialism.

Dramatizing D-Day as an event is also crucial for the discrediting and demonizing of Russia, as it was previously with regard to the Soviet Union. Wouldn’t it have been appropriate to invite Russian leader Vladimir Putin to the D-Day events this week in order to pay respect to the colossal sacrifices of the Soviet people in defeating Nazi Germany?

The US and its transatlantic allies are necessarily reviving the Cold War in a bid to cut Russia out of their global power ambitions. The Western propaganda war has involved every means to smear and criminalize Russia as a “malign actor” or a “rogue authoritarian regime”.

Contemporary Western vilification, typically on flimsy grounds lacking proof, has tried to isolate and undermine Moscow over allegations of Crimea annexation, invasion of Ukraine, shooting down a Malaysian airliner, supporting a “butcher-dictator” in Syria, the alleged assassination of journalists and lawyers as promulgated by the US Magnitsky Act, poisoning of double-agent Sergei Skripal and his daughter in an English park, doping of Olympic athletes, meddling in Western elections, subverting the European Union and NATO, and so on and on.

It is simply not feasible to push this maelstrom of propaganda narratives without also re-writing the history of the Second World War. The actual heroic role of the Soviet Union in decisively defeating Nazi fascism in Europe must, by necessity, be buried under the dramatized account of how Western allies purportedly “won the war”.

It is not just this year’s commemoration of D-Day that sees historical revisionism. That has been going on since the end of the Second World War when the British leader Winston Churchill and American counterpart Harry Truman coined the “special relationship” between Britain and the US, and then promptly launched the Cold War against their former wartime ally, the Soviet Union.

Stealing the laurels of victory was a necessary act of treachery by the Western powers in order to facilitate their dreadful Cold War against the Soviet Union. The same treachery continues today as Washington and its NATO allies try to wage a new and unjustifiable Cold War against Russia.

Original posted by:  Finian Cunningham on 6 June 2019 at www.strategic-culture.org
Why the sun does not shine on the Ex- British Empire Anymore? Because God never trusted an Englishman in the dark!

Offline Contrarian

• Trips: 1-5
Re: D-Day… More Drama Than Decisive in World War II Victory
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2019, 09:29:03 AM »
^More revisionist propaganda from Wiz!

Offline msmoby

• BANNED
  • BANNED
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2019, 09:43:45 AM »
Total Bollox

Stalin was moaning that the allies were not doing enough and the push up Italy slowed with the Germans took over.

Wiz,

Is your new hobby finding 'revisionist history'?

I have never claimed to be a Blue Beret

Spurious claims about 'seeing action' with the Blue Berets are debunked >here<

Here is my Russophobia/Kremlinphobia topic

Offline msmoby

• BANNED
  • BANNED
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2019, 09:48:24 AM »
Had the allies not pushed from the west the V2 program would have been able to launch...the sites were overrun until out of range of the UK and the Belgian / French coast...

Need more examples?

Offline AvHdB

• Spouses Country: Ukraine, Kiev
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2019, 11:46:06 AM »
Wiz, Are you posting this as an alternative view or because you believe the article is accurate?
“If you aren't in over your head, how do you know how tall you are?” T.S. Eliot

Offline Dogsoldier

• Supporting Member
  • Spouses Country: Україна
  • Trips: 10-20
« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2019, 02:06:10 PM »
Wiz, Are you posting this as an alternative view or because you believe the article is accurate?
Since Wiz talks out of his arsehole it stands to reason that he has an upside down world view.

Offline Wiz

« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2019, 06:32:23 PM »
When I read this very interesting article by “Finian CUNNINGHAM” that I came across, firstly read it, again, very carefully, checked a few important dates and other things and then decided to post it to see the reaction and comments of other member.

As I was expecting, the usual culprits and trolls jumped on the bandwagon and started decorating my person with various epithets and other comments, to ridicule my reason for posting the article but NONE of them provided any factual information and evident to support their comments.

Clearly none of these Trolls has any intention to accept any logical and chronologically justifiable comments made by the writer. I will go as far to say that I don’t believe any of them read the article in full.

Myself, I like to be objective with my comments but dealing with sheep/brainless or devious people, like these Trolls, I don’t expect they will take their blinkers off and start thinking by themselves because they can’t.

Confederate Is that all you have to say, where is your evidence?
I suggest you get out of your bunker, get some fresh air and find somebody to sharpen your pencil and brain together. Self gratification is very bad…. Look Moby!

Moby or Noby the only one who talks bollox it’s you. Told you many times stop playing … as too much of good time destroys the cells of your brain, whatever is left.

No it is not a new hobby but an old habit of mine looking for the truth and not take everything at face value and fall for the politicians lies, as you do!

Here something for you to see. Don’t forget to check all dates on the article and the videos, as your comments are out of line, simply lies.

In 1942, the Luftwaffe, aware of the development of a long-range rocket by the German army, began intensive development of a rival weapon, a ramjet Flying Bomb.

AvHdB I Suggest you read and pay attention to my comments to “Confed” and “Moby”, as they apply to you too.

Dogsoldier Zionist Troll or as you stated, describing your self “ A******e “ you are waste of space to this board offering nothing more than crap. You have never posted anything of interest so take a look to my avatar that I brought back just for idiots like you!

I am searching for the truth, that is not a bad thing…. Unlike you, brain dead sheeps!
Why the sun does not shine on the Ex- British Empire Anymore? Because God never trusted an Englishman in the dark!

Offline msmoby

• BANNED
  • BANNED
« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2019, 11:13:46 PM »
Wiz,

There is NOTHING in your articles about the V programmes that alters the fact that only having ground troops pushing east ( and putting the weapons out of range ) wasn't but one crucial reason for D-Day

I did tell you this was but one of the reasons for this latest example of examples of 'revisionist history' .

Let's now discuss the (bleeding obvious)  Nazi's having to defend on 3 fronts..East, West and South ( Italy)..as constantly requested by Stalin.

As territory was reclaimed ports like Cherbourg, Le Harvre, Rotterdam could be re-opened, to enhance the delivery of armour, ammunition, food and fuel. Railways could be used to transport eastwards...The Luftwaffe were a much reduced threat, as they lost bases and the ability to refuel / rearm.

Notwithstanding that freeing Allies capitals and territory was dealing massive blows to Nazi moral and the German people still supporting 'the cause'.

This 'brain dead sheep' has long understood your need to try to make your existence more interesting by following the lives of others ( who chose to reject your overtures of 'assistence')  a little too closely and enjoying creating an shyte storm by posting utter BS theories / history.. getting 'upset' when so easily busted.

Offline Dogsoldier

• Supporting Member
  • Spouses Country: Україна
  • Trips: 10-20
« Reply #8 on: June 10, 2019, 07:46:51 AM »
????????????????????????
The only waste of space here is you, with all that arse stretching shyte you post.

Offline AvHdB

« Reply #9 on: June 10, 2019, 08:03:05 AM »
Wiz, because English is it your first language let me explain. The piece you posted is NOT reporting it is in fact an an opinion or editorial. Everyone is entitled to there opinion but being stupid is something one does as a teenager.

For what is worth F. Cunningham has the journalistic credentials of used toilet paper. In one review of his writings he is described as a Mumbler Jumbler peddler. The same can be used to describe Wiz. 

Offline cufflinks

• Supporting Member
« Reply #10 on: June 10, 2019, 01:33:15 PM »
E gads - amazing to see the Wizz banged out hard here even by Moby who still harbors some patriotism towards his homeland - the key takeaway about Wizzer and Finian is that both are clearly disciples of the Globalist Communist Manifesto.  Attitudes that reflect High Treason against the Crown and Country.

Even the modern Rooskies have rejected Soviet Communism.  Looks like that leaves the Communist Red Freaking Chinese as their Global Marxist Communist flag bearers.

Offline msmoby

• BANNED
  • BANNED
« Reply #11 on: June 11, 2019, 01:45:09 AM »
Mikey,

Please understand..I was not being 'patriotic' by pointing out historical howlers..

I am against any totalitarian regime and one that poppets to be a 'democracy' and allows the 'winner' to be a candidate who won less votes in reality than the true winner;)

The 'Commies' are still running the show in (say) Russia and I seriously question THEIR election 'results', too...

Patriotism is for sports events....!

Offline Wiz

« Reply #12 on: June 12, 2019, 04:24:59 PM »
Objectivity is out of the window from all of you.... and I have many times made clear my position about it. The only thing you care is to attack Wiz and destroy anything he is posting on this board.

Moby..... If only you knew how many things I have to do during my day.......you would be surprised....... unlike you taking a good rest in Highlands and playing with your Laptop till next assignment....... I understand that you also visit mother too.......but mostly you play with your PC.

Can any of you post in chronological order, when the Russians joined the war and what happen and of course when the Alllies made their attack on D-Day and what happened afterwards, until the TOTAL German Capitulation?

When we clarify the above then we can talk about who helped etc........and of course won the war!

Meanwhile Read this old article from August 2004 Did Russia win D-Day? by Eric Margolis of Canada  and Published on the NorthStar website:

https://www.northstarcompass.org/nsc0408/dday.htm

Did Russia Win D-Day?

Sometimes from a vicious anti-Sovieteer comes the truth. This was written by Eric Margolis of Canada.

If the Soviet Union hadn’t chewed up millions of German soldiers and weapons, D-Day would have failed.

It’s high time that Russia was accorded recognition, especially during the last June celebrations in France on the occasion of the 60th Anniversary of the invasion of Normandy, France. Most North Americans believe that the US, Canadian and British invasion of Normandy was the decisive stroke of the war. Not so, in my view.

When the Allies invaded France, most of the war-battered German units they met were undermanned, short of armor, trucks, heavy artillery, almost immobile, and reduced to less that 40% combat effectiveness by previous hard fighting on the Eastern Front.

Most important, Germany’s once splendid air force was almost extinct. German forces at Normandy had almost no air cover and were pounded by the Allies day and night by thousands of Allied air strikes and bombers. Few of us recall that close to 20,000 innocent French civilians were killed by our bombing raids!

I am arguing that the German Wehrmacht was not defeated in France, but on the Eastern Front, during the 1941-44. The Red Army destroyed 507 German divisions, 48,000 German tanks and 77,000 German aircraft; 100 divisions of Nazi-allied Romanian, Hungary and Italy; and at least 450,000 Japanese soldiers, 32% of Japan’s total military losses.

Of Germany’s 10,000,000 casualties in World War II, over 75% came by fighting the Red Army. The German air force lost most of its planes and pilots on the Eastern Front. The gigantic battles on the Eastern Front ground down millions of lives.

Soviet Union lost over 20,000,000 people besides in the Pacific battles against Japan - they lost close to 1,000,000. D-Day was just a diversionary sideshow to tie down German troops while the Red Army pushed towards Berlin.

Some people may dispute this, but it is a historical fact that Germany’s military capability was destroyed way before the D-Day ever took place in June of 1944. It is interesting to speculate as to what would have happened to us in the West if Hitler did not invade USSR and if the Allies decided to land in Normandy to face the intact German machine! In my view, the Allies would have been beaten.

tiphat

Offline AvHdB

« Reply #13 on: June 12, 2019, 04:51:38 PM »
Wiz, Two questions.

Which country provided serious weapons to Russia during the 2nd World War?

Which country neutralized the Germans air superiority?

Bear in mind during the purges in The Soviet Union there was no effective military leadership at the beginning of the 2nd World War.

Offline Contrarian

« Reply #14 on: June 12, 2019, 05:19:25 PM »
Wiz, Two questions.

Which country provided serious weapons to Russia during the 2nd World War?

Which country neutralized the Germans air superiority?

Bear in mind during DUE TO the purges in The Soviet Union there was no effective military leadership at the beginning of the 2nd World War.

FTFY

Offline dcguyusa

• Spouses Country: North America, South America, Europe, Asia
  • Trips: None Yet
« Reply #15 on: June 12, 2019, 05:29:06 PM »
The mistake was when Hitler decided to open two fronts in World War II.  He "bit off more than he could chew".  Hey, but when you are numero uno, your opponents are considered just pieces of  :censored:   :thumbsup: :fighting0025:
An uninformed opponent is a dangerous opponent.

"Y'all be makin shit up" ~ Markeith Loyd

Offline Contrarian

« Reply #16 on: June 12, 2019, 05:53:35 PM »
AvHdB is correct in that the allies, mostly the USA, gave substantial equipment and food to the Soviets.

In fact the amount and level of assistance we gave to the Soviet Union is astronomical, yet the Soviets (and now the Russians) have always tried to belittle our contributions.

I’m 100% certain this has already been debated and litigated on this forum, but due to Wiz’s dementia and stubbornness he frequently brings up old subjects.

A major thing the USA did for the Soviets was to give them locomotives, without which they never would have been able to get massive amounts of supplies from the Far East and Siberia over to the front with Germany. We also gave them 4 wheel drive Studebaker trucks.

Without US and British equipment assistance there is little doubt, zero, that the Soviets would have been defeated by Germany.

As Av mentions it was also allied aircraft which took out the vaunted German Air Force and began to destroy industrial production of weapons factories in the German heartland.

On top of that we opened up a ground war against the Germans in Sicily and then Italy proper.

We did all that even though we were busy fighting a war against the Japanese elsewhere. In fact our actions against the Japanese prevented them from invading the Russian Far East, which allowed Stalin to transfer those divisions over to the German front.

All of those things had to happen in order to give the very desperate Soviets some breathing room.

Yes the Soviets took enormous losses, and quite frankly it was their own damn fault. That idiot Stalin not only starved Millions, he also had the best and brightest military officers rounded up, tortured and murdered during the Great Purges beginning in approximately 1936.

So initially 1 German infantry soldier was able to kill up to 10 Russians at the onset of combat (notice I’ll use Soviets and Russians as a term interchangeably). Throughout the entire war Germans had at least a 3 to 1 kill ratio against the Soviets. Initially it was horrendous due to poor training due to a lack of qualified Soviet officers, thanks to that genocidal asshole Stalin killing the best and brightest.

Remember jealousy, theft, torture and murder are always hallmarks of Communism and Stalin was one of the most evil, jealous and murderous of these monsters who ever walked the earth.

But no doubt in Wiz’s dementia weakened mind, all of these factors don’t seem to count, or better yet it’s the allies fault that Stalin killed his officers, his troops were poorly equipped, poorly trained and gave their lives at 10 to 1 ratios to the better trained, better equipped battle hardened Germans.

Quite frankly I agree with Patton, we supported the wrong side. At the very least we should have switched sides in 1944 and steamrolled the Russians back to Siberia. We should have liberated all of Eastern Europe and Western Russia as well.

We should have given the ungrateful dishonest Russians some property from Siberia to the Far East and invited Mao to make their lives as interesting as possible.

Any questions?  :coffeeread:

Offline dcguyusa

• Spouses Country: North America, South America, Europe, Asia
  • Trips: None Yet
« Reply #17 on: June 12, 2019, 06:29:03 PM »
Quite frankly I agree with Patton, we supported the wrong side. At the very least we should have switched sides in 1944 and steamrolled the Red Army back to Siberia.

FTFY.

The Russians did not have to worry about a two front war because the Japanese did not want to push their Asian advance beyond the regular Asian nations.  Had the Japanese Imperial armies invaded the USSR, Stalin would have had to pull back the troops sent to the Eastern Front from Eastern USSR which could have crippled the war effort against the Nazis.
An uninformed opponent is a dangerous opponent.

"Y'all be makin shit up" ~ Markeith Loyd

Offline Contrarian

« Reply #18 on: June 12, 2019, 06:53:49 PM »
Quite frankly I agree with Patton, we supported the wrong side. At the very least we should have switched sides in 1944 and steamrolled the Red Army back to Siberia.

FTFY.

The Russians did not have to worry about a two front war because the Japanese did not want to push their Asian advance beyond the regular Asian nations.  Had the Japanese Imperial armies invaded the USSR, Stalin would have had to pull back the troops sent to the Eastern Front from Eastern USSR which could have crippled the war effort against the Nazis.

I already mentioned in my post above that the Japanese were busy making plans in regards to the USA, and as I mentioned if they were not dealing with the USA they would have instead invaded the Russian Far East which would have totally phocked the Soviet front with the Germans.

There are so many holes in Wiz’s “theories” that he should be completely embarrassed for introducing such stale horse manure.

But as usual he’ll pretend his “argument” is legitimate.

Offline Wiz

« Reply #19 on: June 12, 2019, 09:57:07 PM »
Wiz, Two questions.

1: Which country provided serious weapons to Russia during the 2nd World War?

2: Which country neutralized the Germans air superiority?

3: Bear in mind during the purges in The Soviet Union there was no effective military leadership at the beginning of the 2nd World War.

1: Of course was the USA with the Lend Lease agreement, PAID IN FULL by the Soviet Union and then Russia in 2006.

The US Lend-Lease supplies to England and Soviet were not US gifts as many still believe, but should be fully paid for later. Exactly as indicated by the name “Lend-Lease”.

First of all, the US received much needed goods and equipment from the USSR (and other countries) in what was termed “reverse lend-lease.” Even before the Second World War had ended, other nations began sending Washington essential raw materials valued at nearly 20% of the materials and weapons the US had shipped overseas. Specifically, the USSR provided 32,000 tons of manganese and 300,000 tons of chrome ore, which were highly prized by the military industry. Suffice it to say that when German industry was deprived of the manganese from the rich deposits in Nikopol as a result of the Soviet Nikopol–Krivoi Rog Offensive in February 1944, the 150-mm frontal armor on the German “Royal Tiger” tanks turned to be much more vulnerable to Soviet artillery shells than the 100-mm armor plate previously found on the ordinary Tiger tanks.

In addition, the USSR paid for the Allied shipments with gold. In fact, one British cruiser, the HMS Edinburgh, was carrying 5.5 tons of that precious metal when it was sunk by German submarines in May 1942.

The Soviet Union also returned much of the weaponry and military equipment after the war, as stipulated under the Lend-Lease agreement. In exchange they were issued an invoice for $1,300 million. Given the fact that Lend-Lease debts to most nations had been written off, this seemed like highway robbery, and Stalin demanded that the “Allied debt” be recalculated.

Subsequently the Americans were forced to admit their error, but they inflated the
interest owed in the grand total, and the final amount, including that interest, came to $722 million, a figure that was accepted by the USSR and the US under a settlement agreement signed in Washington in 1972. Of this amount, $48 million was paid to the US in three equal installments in 1973, but subsequent payments were cut off when the US introduced discriminatory practices in their trade with the USSR (in particular, the notorious Jackson-Vanik Amendment).

The parties did not return to the discussion of Lend-Lease debt until June 1990, during a new round of negotiations between Presidents George Bush Sr. and Mikhail Gorbachev, during which a new deadline was set for  the final repayment – which would be in 2030 – and the total outstanding debt was acknowledged to be $674 million.

After the collapse of the Soviet Union, its debts were categorized as either sovereign debt (the Paris Club) or debts to private banks (London Club). The Lend-Lease debt was a liability owed to the US government and is part of the Paris Club debt, which Russia repaid in full in August 2006.

By comparison, Great Britain - the US's closest ally - paid off its Lend-Lease debt 4 months later, on the 29th of December 2006.

Lend-Lease was not charity. In June 1941 Harry Truman was quoted in the pages of New York Times saying, “If we see that Germany is winning the war, we ought to help Russia; and if that Russia is winning, we ought to help Germany, and in that way let them kill as many as possible …”

Source: Quora

2: The British and the Russians........ as the American people would not be involved in an overseas war, the US isolationism was strong

The invasion of France was originally scheduled for 1943, with more than 200 U.S. divisions. The Western Allies postponed the invasion 11 months and cut American divisions by more than half.

An angry Stalin’s told FDR was America was planning to fight the war with American money and American armaments and Soviet soldiers. And that was an accurate description. The Soviets lost more than 12 million troops in the war, the U.S. about 410,000.

In actual fact, while the British and the Russians were bombing and fighting Germany.... the USA soldiers were having wonderful time with the beautiful, slim English girls in preparation for the war! They all were give by their regiments Nylon socks or women tights.  :nod: :chuckle:

3: Marshal Georgy Zhukovv (December 1, 1896–June 18, 1974) was the most important and most successful Russian general in World War II. He was responsible for the successful defense of Moscow, Stalingrad, and Leningrad against German forces and eventually pushed them back to Germany. He led the final attack on Berlin, and he was so popular after the war that Soviet Premier Joseph Stalin, feeling threatened, demoted him and moved him to obscure regional commands.

Stalin was lucky to have Zhukov, after the purges and was him who destroyed the German Defences.

Interesting article for you to read..... The Jews who fought for Hitler

tiphat

Offline Contrarian

D-Day…The Reason Russia Isn’t Speaking German & Under The 3rd Reich
« Reply #20 on: June 13, 2019, 12:26:37 AM »
Whether or not the Soviets finally paid back the USA isn’t the point and you know damn well it isn’t the point.

You made the bogus allegation that the USA didn’t help the Soviets, knowing the whole time we did in fact help the Soviets.

You vacillate between whining that the US goes around the World bullying other countries to complaining that we were initially isolationists at the onset of WWII.

You’re intellectually dishonest, lazy and you have nothing better to do than spew dishonest propaganda against the USA.

If we wanted to remain over here in our peaceful land an ocean away from the spoiled stupid warmongering genocidal idiotic Europeans that would have been our prerogative, we don’t owe you lot a damn thing!

We especially didn’t owe the Soviets a damn thing, they got themselves into that mess by murdering their own citizens during their glorious “revolution” then they deliberately sent Communists such as Rosa Luxemburg to Germany in an effort to destroy Germany with their Communist filth, did they really think there wouldn’t be any blowback for their efforts to also destroy Germany?

Stop polluting this forum with your demented verbal diarrhea!!

Offline Contrarian

D-Day… The Reason Russia Isn’t Speaking German & Under The 3rd Reich
« Reply #21 on: June 13, 2019, 12:42:38 AM »
????????????????????????
The only waste of space here is you, with all that arse stretching shyte you post.

:thumbsup:

Offline msmoby

• BANNED
  • BANNED
« Reply #22 on: June 13, 2019, 01:20:48 AM »
Priceless

Wiz quoting Quota as 'validation'..

US personnel have their lives in the D Day landings and there after, had already done so in the Italian campaign and the bombing missions that helped destroy Nazi infrastructure, which is much under played, meaning the Soviets and western fronts had to deal with Nazi units who were increasingly deprived of hardware, fuel and munitions..

Soviet infantry troops had far less cover and were frequently  thrown at the Nazi's in huge nembers before their heavy armour was wiped out..causing huge casualties.

Is their s subject you can deliver that demonstrates some knowledge, rather than seeking attention for serial howlers?

This is 101 stuff, Wiz..

Offline Wiz

« Reply #23 on: June 13, 2019, 07:44:54 AM »
The mistake was when Hitler decided to open two fronts in World War II.  He "bit off more than he could chew".  Hey, but when you are numero uno, your opponents are considered just pieces of  :censored:   :thumbsup: :fighting0025:
Absolutely spot on!   tiphat :BEER:

The Battle for Crete – Operation Mercury!
That was the real reasons why Germany and Hitler lost the war!

On the 28 October 1940 the Axis Ally and dictator Mussolini, decided to invade Greece. The Greeks said NO to Mussolini and started fighting against the superior army of the Italians, who where amassed huge number of their army, in Albania, their small protectorate. Those years there was not good enough road system in Greece for the Italians to move fast their tanks, big guns etc. Finally due to the local terrain knowledge and when extra support and supplies arrived the Greeks overrun the Italians and by 20 April 1941 they push them back inside Albania and almost threw them to the Adriatic sea.

Greece was on the side of the GB and offered the allies their first victory against the Axis countries.

Meanwhile Hitler was preparing his plan “Barbarossa” to invade Russia, changed his plan and decided  to help his friend Mussolini by invading Greece from the North. Unfortunately, despite the British and Australian support, the Germans with the help of the Bulgarians managed overrun the resistance of the Allies and proceeded to the Capital Athens in very few days and took over. The British and Australians moved to Crete waiting instructions for their Journey to Egypt.

The Battle for Crete – Operation Mercury!

Hitler then decided to invade Crete, an island in a very strategic position, to use it as point for support of his army fighting in Libya. 

The Balkan campaign, forced on the Germans by the Italian adventurism in Greece in 1940, had delayed the attack on the USSR by a critical two months period.  It had been scheduled for May 15 but was launched on June 22.

The mud and snow of the winter of 1941 would not have stopped the Panzers outside Moscow, they would still have had eight weeks good going if they had attacked in May.

During the 10 days of fighting, 945 Anzac (Australian and New Zealand) troops were killed and 4,794 captured. Greek losses accounted for 700 KIA, 5,255 captured. Royal Navy losses accounted for 2,000 KIA, 200 WIA. German losses accounted for 4,041 KIA and MIA (presumably dead), 2,640 wounded.  (KIA = Killed in Action and MIA = Missed in Action)

The many Russian's I spoke or speak about it, don't even knew/know about the Battle of Crete, including my own wife, but now she knows..... ;D

Offline Wiz

« Reply #24 on: June 13, 2019, 09:31:49 AM »
Mr Anonymous Banker......

Let me make something very clear to you before answering any of your questions.

This board it is not your domain or your house and instead of been rude to me, every other line you post, you should learn to be civilised and behave like an adult otherwise it would appropriate for you to move to the jungle, if you are not there already, with your animal friends where they will make you feel welcome.

I am surprised that the Admin of this board has not taken any action or given you and your uncivilised friends a warning for your atrocious behaviour.

1: Whether or not the Soviets finally paid back the USA isn’t the point and you know damn well it isn’t the point.

Yes I agree. The point you try to make is that when the war started..... the US Vulcars moved in to make a killing, keeping your factories running. Tell that also to your English Allies!

Evidence: n June 1941 Harry Truman was quoted in the pages of New York Times saying, “If we see that Germany is winning the war, we ought to help Russia; and if that Russia is winning, we ought to help Germany, and in that way let them kill as many as possible …”

You made the bogus allegation that the USA didn’t help the Soviets, knowing the whole time we did in fact help the Soviets.
Pack of lies..... prove it or get your glasses and stop Banking.

You vacillate between whining that the US goes around the World bullying other countries to complaining that we were initially isolationists at the onset of WWII.

You’re intellectually dishonest, lazy and you have nothing better to do than spew dishonest propaganda against the USA.
Before the WWII GB was an Empire and you were the poodle afraid to move out of your house. 

The British PM at the Time... clever clogs Winston Churchill knew what it was going on, every where on the world via GCHQ, MI6 etc and convince your President to supply ready made armament and other help........with a promised to pay you in the future. Actually he knew but did not disclosed the actual Day and time for the attack to Pearl Harbour....so to make you join the war. I guess they haven't told you about it!

If we wanted to remain over here in our peaceful land an ocean away from the spoiled stupid warmongering genocidal idiotic Europeans that would have been our prerogative, we don’t owe you lot a damn thing!

Your Jewish banksters had a different view as they also do today! Nobody asks you or me.......

I have already posted an article here.......ALL WARS ARE BANKERS WARS..... find it and read it.

Stop polluting this forum with your demented verbal diarrhea!![/size]
NOBODY is forcing you to read my posts..........
If the truth annoys you then don't read my posts.