The World's #1 Russian, Ukrainian & Eastern European Discussion & Information Forum - RUA!

This Is the Premier Discussion Forum on the Net for Information and Discussion about Russia, Ukraine, Eastern Europe and the Former Soviet Union. Discuss Culture, Politics, Travelling, Language, International Relationships and More. Chat with Travellers, Locals, Residents and Expats. Ask and Answer Questions about Travel, Culture, Relationships, Applying for Visas, Translators, Interpreters, and More. Give Advice, Read Trip Reports, Share Experiences and Make Friends.

Author Topic: Global warming my ass!  (Read 8150 times)

Online andrewfi

• Supporting Member
    • Articles About Almost Anything!
Re: Global warming my ass!
« Reply #25 on: October 09, 2019, 05:41:35 AM »
So, what we are seeing is a kid, a kid being manipulated by other people for their own benefit.

And yes, I am aware of the characteristics of autism. However autism is not a binary condition, it has a scale. It is likely, as avhdb points out, that she is hyper focused, and as he points out, that makes coping with and organising, complex matters tough.

Greta is not just somewhat autistic. In addition to this challenge she suffers with selective mutism and compulsive behaviour.

The first complication may well be a designed mechanism to help her get her own way. The second is probably part of the autism by likely makes her easier to manipulate, to program.

Right now, her abusers are taking advantage of her challenges to attain their own objectives. As a perceived figurehead she is going to be the inevitable target of the kickback against the activities of her handlers because she is the only visible target.

This is wrong, it is not something that as humans we should allow, enable and encourage.

By the way, you might want to look into the mother's career during the period leading up to her choice to use her daughter as an excuse to stop flying, to, in effect, retire from her professional career. Sometimes things are not as they seem. My guess is that had mother's career actually been going anywhere she'd not have given up flying.

Now the poor kid is stuck on the American continent because she was allowed and encouraged to not get on planes or ships. She was allowed to throw tantrums and get away with it. Most kids grow out of that stage, her parents enabled her to continue to act as a baby.
...everything ends always well; if it’s still bad, then it’s not the end!

Offline Steveboy

• Commercial Member
  • Trips: Resident
« Reply #26 on: October 09, 2019, 06:14:35 AM »
Climate activists are just a bunch of hypercritical idiots!

Of course we don't all want plastic bags floating around and some things can be done to keep the planet clean and tidy just like you do with your house at home ..Humans are just part time occupiers so you would expect whilst they occupy the planet for their period to keep it kind of clean and tidy ..

But the rest is complete bullshit!!

For a start in 5 billion years time the sun will explode and kill off the planet how are the dumb ass activists going to stop that?

The planet is doing fine! It has been cruising around the sun now for about 5 billion years peacefully minding its own business and during that time there has been multiple Ice ages, continental plate movement , your not going to stop the USA drifting in to Australia how ever much bullshit and tax you create ..

Sea levels have been rising and falling for millions of years , you think some dumb ass humans can stop this..

And what about the next Krakatoa ? No amount of carbon tax is going to off set the next big bank there .. try asking the people of Pompeii about that..

Big rocks have been hitting the planet for billions of years and will continue to for the next 5 billion Years , they have been f+++ up the climate for millions of years try asking the dinosaurs about it..

The planet is doing fine!

It is the humans who are not, they are just like a flea on the big blue ball orbiting the sun.. at some point the planet will just shake them off..

I can't stand these stupid retards who talk about their "Carbon foot print" and the tax they pay to off set it..totally brain dead assholes!!

I support no government anywhere, ever, never. No institution, No religion!!

Offline msmoby

• BANNED
  • BANNED
  • Spouses Country: Russia
  • Trips: 20+
« Reply #27 on: October 09, 2019, 07:13:19 AM »
Climate activists are just a bunch of hypercritical idiots!

Of course we don't all want plastic bags floating around and some things can be done to keep the planet clean and tidy just like you do with your house at home ..Humans are just part time occupiers so you would expect whilst they occupy the planet for their period to keep it kind of clean and tidy ..

But the rest is complete bullshit!!

For a start in 5 billion years time the sun will explode and kill off the planet how are the dumb ass activists going to stop that?

The planet is doing fine! It has been cruising around the sun now for about 5 billion years peacefully minding its own business and during that time there has been multiple Ice ages, continental plate movement , your not going to stop the USA drifting in to Australia how ever much bullshit and tax you create ..

Sea levels have been rising and falling for millions of years , you think some dumb ass humans can stop this..

And what about the next Krakatoa ? No amount of carbon tax is going to off set the next big bank there .. try asking the people of Pompeii about that..

Big rocks have been hitting the planet for billions of years and will continue to for the next 5 billion Years , they have been f+++ up the climate for millions of years try asking the dinosaurs about it..

The planet is doing fine!

It is the humans who are not, they are just like a flea on the big blue ball orbiting the sun.. at some point the planet will just shake them off..

I can't stand these stupid retards who talk about their "Carbon foot print" and the tax they pay to off set it..totally brain dead assholes!!

I expect it will take SPb flooding or similar to wake up most Russians as to any crisis ..

I have never claimed to be a Blue Beret

Spurious claims about 'seeing action' with the Blue Berets are debunked >here<

Here is my Russophobia/Kremlinphobia topic

Online B.B.

• Supporting Member
« Reply #28 on: October 09, 2019, 01:37:28 PM »
The poor girl is being manipulated and has been manipulated. She is being used as a tool.

I feel rather sorry for her.

So, as Andrew and I agree on this, it can be taken as fact.

She's being used (although I would feel sorry for her more if she was less of a shrike). 

She is being told what to say, when to say it, where to say it, and how to say it. What might (might) have started out as a genuine passion has been taken from her and redirected.

Yes, yes, yes, and yes.

I think that much of the ire that, inevitably, ends up being addressed toward her, as the figurehead, is really aimed at those behind her - her sponsors and handlers. On the whole, those people are hidden and so escape the anger that they create through Greta.

^ 100% correct.

I hope nobody (including Andrew) fainted.  :chuckle:

B/B
Saving the World, One Clue at a Time
If your religion insults my intelligence, don't be surprised when my intelligence insults your religion.

Online B.B.

• Supporting Member
« Reply #29 on: October 09, 2019, 01:38:47 PM »
Yes, with the likes of that Greta person raging on about how her future has been stolen. I agree with the statement but not her reasoning.

What she should be railing on about is the lost future of Sweden because of the open door policies of the leftyluvvies who have invited the most illiberal specimens of humanity into their welfare paradise.

This x 1 Billion.  They should leave the Sand People in the shitty countries that they come from.  Let them stay in Somalia and make Somalia Great Again (or great for the first time, or whatever.)

B/B
Saving the World, One Clue at a Time
If your religion insults my intelligence, don't be surprised when my intelligence insults your religion.

Online andrewfi

• Supporting Member
« Reply #30 on: October 09, 2019, 02:15:36 PM »
bb, I am never going to faint when somebody agrees with a well thought out and objective opinion based upon fact - not even when that opinion is expressed by me. :)

Yes, she may not be an immediately loveable child, but that's not her fault and so I certainly do not hold it against her. She has been taught that tantrums are effective and, in the context in which she now finds herself, they most certainly seem to be effective. Hell, after her displays across the world I expect to see a noticeable uptick in the number of adolescents displaying infantilism in a similar manner to Greta.

I hope, but do not expect, that she will receive the care and support that will enable her to develop as a person and, as a result, enjoy a successful and satisfying life. My guess is that within a decade we find if she does not become completely invisible, that she goes on to commence a life of mediocrity in which she contemplates a grey and stultifying life.

Offline dcguyusa

• Spouses Country: North America, South America, Europe, Asia
  • Trips: None Yet
« Reply #31 on: October 09, 2019, 05:00:24 PM »
the teenage climate activist became odds-on favourite for another garland – the Nobel peace prize.

Thunberg was gifted with a Lakota Native American name, Maphiyata echiyatan hin win, which translates as “woman who came from the heavens”.

https://www.theguardian.com/environment/2019/oct/09/greta-thunberg-standing-rock-north-south-dakota-nobel-peace-prize

Imagine that, the Nobel peace prize.  You "normal people" should be ashamed of yourselves.   :ROFL:
An uninformed opponent is a dangerous opponent.

"Y'all be makin shit up" ~ Markeith Loyd

Online 2tallbill

• Trips: 10-20
« Reply #32 on: October 10, 2019, 12:25:50 PM »
youth believe it

What I hope happens is that they put a ton of effort and love into it.
Then in 10 years when nothing happens, that they realize it was a
scam and in the future look at such things with more skepticism.

I knew a guy who was a total liberal. He was anti guns, anti everything.
Then he got mugged and held in captivity for a couple of hours fearing
for his life. At 20 years old he was too young to buy a pistol, so he
bought an Uzi instead.

He completely and totally flipped. It took a couple of years for it to totally
manifest itself but he looks at liberalism as a silly wishful thinking of youth
and using feelings and emotion as a basis for political thought.

FSUW are not for entry level daters. FSUW don't do vague FSUW like a man of action so be a man of action  If you find a promising girl, get your butt on a plane. There are a hundred ways to be successful and a thousand ways to f#ck it up
Kiss the girl, don't ask her first.
Get an apartment not a hotel. DON'T recycle girls

Offline NS1

• Supporting Member
  • Trips: 5-10
« Reply #33 on: October 10, 2019, 04:59:24 PM »
The problem is the only ones who will win with all this are governments.
they can put taxes up in the name of climate crisis, as always spend it stupidly.
Do very little for the actually climate and make the average person in the process a little poorer.

We could do better taking care of the earth, but never will we are to greedy :)
The earth will do what it needs to survive as it has for millions of years.
If it needs to make us extinct it will :)
There is nothing permanent except change.

Offline msmoby

• BANNED
  • BANNED
« Reply #34 on: October 11, 2019, 12:21:15 AM »
'Beel'

I hope we are both around in ten years and I am 'allowed' to remind you of your 'declaration'.

Online andrewfi

• Supporting Member
« Reply #35 on: October 11, 2019, 03:45:03 AM »
It is my belief that NOBODY knows enough to be sure one way or the other about the effects of humanity upon the global climate.

We can see that humanity is having a significant effect on the global ecosystem, our impact is clearly visible and undeniable.

It is hard to imagine that humanity's effect upon the global ecosystem has no effect upon the climate. It is not possible given the lack of certainty about how we are affecting the global climate to be sure that any impact we are having is positive or negative. It might be that we are unwittingly making the world a better place - however, that seems unlikely, altering a steady-state situation for an unstable and different state is rarely an improvement. For example, in how many automobile crashes is the outcome a better, more efficient automobile? The car, a previously functional system becomes a wreck, no longer able to do the job it was built to do.

Our impact upon the global ecosystem and any knock-on effect upon climate is, in large part, due to waste produced by our activities. Waste heat, waste energy, waste products of all kinds. Waste is a certain sign of inefficiency in a process. The reduction of waste is always accompanied by an increase in process efficiency.

Thus, it makes sense to reduce our production of waste in all forms. Reduction of waste reduces costs and also reduces the impact of mankind upon the global ecosystem.

Thus, it makes sense to reduce waste in all forms in order to increase our global wealth. That taking these steps also supports our global ecosystem is a useful benefit.

So, from an economic perspective, acting as though anthropogenic climate change is real is a worthwhile endeavour.

There's another point to bear in mind, a very practical one: If mankind is not affecting the global climate then acting as though we are is most unlikely to cause any harm. There's no evidence that the world was suffering from less CO2 before the activities of mankind started to significantly increase CO2 levels.
On the other hand, if we are damaging the global environment such that climate is becoming more unstable then we will absolutely suffer from the negative consequences of that instability.

So, it makes absolute sense to act as though anthropogenic climate change is real, that the effects are harmful to humans and that we should work to reduce our impact upon the global environment.

Offline Steveboy

• Commercial Member
« Reply #36 on: October 11, 2019, 12:36:09 PM »

Offline Steveboy

• Commercial Member
« Reply #37 on: October 12, 2019, 10:56:00 AM »
August 24, AD79 Pliny the elder Ask him about Saving the planet...  :laugh:

Offline d672

• Supporting Member
« Reply #38 on: February 07, 2020, 09:23:25 AM »
 Did anyone notice how the climate change activists started another frenzy over the Australian forest fires recently? Well one Aussie politician had enough of climatologist Micheal Mann's fear mongering and calls him out. Come one... show us proof of your findings.
 I think he'll be waiting a long time!

Offline Steveboy

• Commercial Member
« Reply #39 on: February 07, 2020, 10:04:02 AM »
Did anyone notice how the climate change activists started another frenzy over the Australian forest fires recently? Well one Aussie politician had enough of climatologist Micheal Mann's fear mongering and calls him out. Come one... show us proof of your findings.
 I think he'll be waiting a long time!

I think those fires in Australia have started melting the ice caps on mars now... who you going to call?? Greta!!  :laugh:

https://www.space.com/33001-mars-ice-age-ending-now.html

You will never stop climate change EVER it is happening now and always will do.. humans can like help in a tiny way nothing more.. basically Mt Vesuvius just blows its top and the world temp will drop by 4.. Just like what happened when Krakatoa blew its top..  One big rock hits the planet and hey presto your back in the Ice age IF you survive!!

Offline d672

• Supporting Member
« Reply #40 on: February 07, 2020, 11:56:04 AM »

You will never stop climate change EVER it is happening now and always will do.. humans can like help in a tiny way nothing more.

I agree with this. The Earth goes through cycles and there isn't much we can do about it. Up until a couple years ago our local news channel use to show the dates of record highs and lows of that day during the weather broadcast. 99% of the time the record highs were sometime in the 1930's or 1980's. How come the temps didn't just keep on getting warmer every year if global warming was man made? They probably stopped showing those highs because too many people were wondering why the record highs were not recent if we were causing this!

Plus, most of western Canada woke up to -40c about 3 weeks ago. I don't remember temps that cold here since the early 90's sometime. Pretty hard to believe in global warming when you walk out the house to weather like that!  :laugh:

Online AvHdB

• Spouses Country: Ukraine, Kiev
« Reply #41 on: February 07, 2020, 12:26:51 PM »
I think those fires in Australia have started melting the ice caps on Mars now... who you going to call?? Greta!!

:ROFL:   :thumbsup:

The funniest thing I have read all day!
“If you aren't in over your head, how do you know how tall you are?” T.S. Eliot

Offline msmoby

• BANNED
  • BANNED
« Reply #42 on: February 07, 2020, 02:17:00 PM »
Steveboy : "You will never stop climate change EVER it is happening now and always will do."

Er DUH...

Man is changing the climate faster than it has changed in any cycle ..

Offline NS1

• Supporting Member
« Reply #43 on: February 08, 2020, 06:12:49 AM »
only one who gains his Government, if enough people scream loud enough
to tax the hell out of it. So they are loving this.
anyone who thinks taxes will fix this is an idiot.

Offline Steveboy

• Commercial Member
« Reply #44 on: February 08, 2020, 06:53:52 AM »
Elon Musk will be terraforming the Martian atmosphere soon enough.. so every one can bugger off to Mars in a few more years.. all happening soon enough 50-100 years humans will be all over the solar system..

Venus was also a cooler planet billions of years ago.. who is responsible for that big f*** up then.. :ROFL:

Offline d672

• Supporting Member
« Reply #45 on: February 08, 2020, 09:57:32 AM »
only one who gains his Government, if enough people scream loud enough
to tax the hell out of it. So they are loving this.
anyone who thinks taxes will fix this is an idiot.

Exactly, this new carbon tax we have is just another opportunity to tax us more. If Trudeau would have added another 5% to our existing gst tax there would be an uproar, but camouflaging as a carbon tax lets them get away with it.

Offline d672

• Supporting Member
« Reply #46 on: February 08, 2020, 10:02:46 AM »
Elon Musk will be terraforming the Martian atmosphere soon enough.. so every one can bugger off to Mars in a few more years.. all happening soon enough 50-100 years humans will be all over the solar system..

Venus was also a cooler planet billions of years ago.. who is responsible for that big f*** up then.. :ROFL:

Well, there's that book Men are from Mars, Women are from Venus....   just saying...   :chuckle:

Offline NS1

• Supporting Member
« Reply #47 on: February 08, 2020, 01:52:42 PM »
Wasn't it 15 to 20 years ago, acid rain was going to be the destruction of the earth and us
in 10-12 years, when that didn't fly there is something else.
Climate emergency really, let me ask you, when growing up
what were you taught was an emergency ? now, right now, yes?
Well stop the planes, cruise ships and building cars, do it today,
Ahhh bad idea, the economy will come to a grinding halt.

They want to scare us, so they can tax us.
Andrew you speak of waste, very true, but that is created by greed.
we want far more than we need. As long as you can afford more, you want more,
the beast we are.

Does the earth need to be cleaned up, of course, not any surprise there.
But reality is the biggest polluters are china and india, so until they decide to get
on board with this, wasting our time, you won't  see any governments stopping the trade
in the word of climate change. but they will tax the hell out of you.

What person here thinks electric cars are really environmentally  friendly??
Steal, glass, rubber and a 1000 pounds of wires to build a car, then mine for lithium
to make the batteries. Ok then build coal fired power plants to supply the power,
yes seems to make sense  :laugh:

Reality is simple, when the earth gets tired of our BS it will eliminate us like it has millions of
other species. I will say again, clean it up, sure but taxes won't fix this and I don't see most of us becoming
minimalists any time soon, to greedy :)

Online Markje

• MCMLXXIV
    • Mark's unix pages
  • Spouses Country: Crimea
« Reply #48 on: February 08, 2020, 05:24:39 PM »
Steveboy : "You will never stop climate change EVER it is happening now and always will do."

Er DUH...

Man is changing the climate faster than it has changed in any cycle ..

In fact they don't .... Dutch weather station (official KNMI) suddenly declared their measurements start at 1901 (instead of 1847) because get this ..... in 1849 - 1895 there were more record heat waves than now. So if the records are all over 100 years ago, how can man change the netherlands temp?

And there are other omens we may not be as powerful as a species than we give us credit for.

That being said: I do think we ought to fight climate change, as I like the current climate very much so anything else is not an improvement
OO===[][]===OO
My first trip to my wife: To Evpatoria!
My road trip to Crimea: Roadtrip to Evpatoria

Offline d672

• Supporting Member
« Reply #49 on: February 08, 2020, 05:32:11 PM »
 Here's a good video debunking the climate crisis scam. There is no climate crisis, there is climate change. Which has been happening in cycles for tens of thousands of years on Earth. Warm periods, cold periods. Warm periods, cold periods, it's always been this way.

It also shows how they distort facts and throw out false numbers to fool the public, all in the name of money. A scam worth Trillions of dollars every year.