The World's #1 Russian, Ukrainian & Eastern European Discussion & Information Forum - RUA!

This Is the Premier Discussion Forum on the Net for Information and Discussion about Russia, Ukraine, Eastern Europe and the Former Soviet Union. Discuss Culture, Politics, Travelling, Language, International Relationships and More. Chat with Travellers, Locals, Residents and Expats. Ask and Answer Questions about Travel, Culture, Relationships, Applying for Visas, Translators, Interpreters, and More. Give Advice, Read Trip Reports, Share Experiences and Make Friends.

Author Topic: Russian Historian Jailed For 9 Years  (Read 876 times)

Offline Contrarian

• Trips: 1-5
Russian Historian Jailed For 9 Years
« on: May 27, 2019, 08:44:43 PM »
This is why we should question all WWII era history. Because the victors get to write history, and especially because the Soviets were one of those victors. Not everyone knows that some “confessions” at Nuremberg were extracted through torture.

Specifically some German officers had pliers squeezing their testicles prior to confessing. Just the thought of such a horrific act makes me want to confess! The Soviets were notorious liars, that’s just how they operated.

So now 84 years since the end of WWII, the Russian authorities are putting a historian in prison, for telling the truth about the Soviet Terror.

The event which got him in trouble with the authorities happened in 1937.

http://khpg.org/en/index.php?id=1558991738

Offline Contrarian

Re: Russian Historian Jailed For 9 Years
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2019, 08:58:03 PM »
Go along with our false narrative or we’ll throw you in jail! This is precisely why the “holocaust” should be questioned.

http://khpg.org/index.php?id=1551837966

Stalin’s role in the Second World War is very much whitewashed, and the fact that the Soviet Union was Nazi Germany’s ally until Hitler invaded on June 22, 2041 is ignored or presented in highly manipulative fashion.  At least one Russian has been prosecuted for reposting a Ukrainian text that stated, quite accurately, that the Soviet Union had attacked Poland in 1939.

Offline yankee

« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2019, 08:39:21 AM »
This is why we should question all WWII era history. Because the victors get to write history, and especially because the Soviets were one of those victors. Not everyone knows that some “confessions” at Nuremberg were extracted through torture.

Specifically some German officers had pliers squeezing their testicles prior to confessing. Just the thought of such a horrific act makes me want to confess! The Soviets were notorious liars, that’s just how they operated.

So now 84 years since the end of WWII, the Russian authorities are putting a historian in prison, for telling the truth about the Soviet Terror.

Damn, and I thought that WWII ended in 1945.
What is worse than not being able to get what you don't even want?

Offline Contrarian

« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2019, 10:11:21 AM »

So now 84 74 years since the end of WWII, the Russian authorities are putting a historian in prison, for telling the truth about the Soviet Terror.

Damn, and I thought that WWII ended in 1945.

I believe I should have written 74 years since the end of WWII.  :laugh:

Offline AvHdB

• Spouses Country: Ukraine, Kiev
  • Trips: 20+
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2019, 11:21:50 AM »
I believe I should have written 74 years since the end of WWII.  :laugh:

Usually I have to take my shoes and socks off. :ROFL:
“If you aren't in over your head, how do you know how tall you are?” T.S. Eliot