The World's #1 Russian, Ukrainian & Eastern European Discussion & Information Forum - RUA!

This Is the Premier Discussion Forum on the Net for Information and Discussion about Russia, Ukraine, Eastern Europe and the Former Soviet Union. Discuss Culture, Politics, Travelling, Language, International Relationships and More. Chat with Travellers, Locals, Residents and Expats. Ask and Answer Questions about Travel, Culture, Relationships, Applying for Visas, Translators, Interpreters, and More. Give Advice, Read Trip Reports, Share Experiences and Make Friends.

Author Topic: Facebook Douchery  (Read 10572 times)

Offline msmoby

• BANNED
  • BANNED
  • Spouses Country: Russia
  • Trips: 20+
Re: Facebook Douchery
« Reply #50 on: June 11, 2019, 03:57:20 AM »
Roger  :thumbsup:

I apologised for posting the mobile number, less a digit or two. It genuinely wasn't meant to be malicious and I was proving that we had spoken over the phone, something you staunchly denied.

The Facebook thing, well you're invisible anyway right? I thought that your own activity on here with photo banks, youtube and other bits and bobs you flaunt, meant that your name was common knowledge?

Again, apologies but I suspect anyone who has found you, did so through your own trumpeting.

Hmm, you posted the WHOLE number - you are much younger than me - are you sure you don't have memory issues ? ;)

Posting the FB nick meant that anyone can find me - but will only see my profile photo and not much else - but it was hardly wise - or correct-  - given you suggested on here that "I could not be trusted with personal info" ...

I suppose you 'forgot THAT, too ;)

Then - surely - your howler - which I quietly reported and asked to be corrected - but our 'leader' - incorrectly mentioned what was a PRIVATE ( mods only )  request and was disingenuous as to my mentioning your profession - when discussing travelling around N.Ireland and why  - even discussing the make up of my FB 'nick'

I hope that Manny will allow this, too ...
I have never claimed to be a Blue Beret

Spurious claims about 'seeing action' with the Blue Berets are debunked >here<

Here is my Russophobia/Kremlinphobia topic

Online rosco

• Supporting Member
  • Trips: 10-20
« Reply #51 on: June 11, 2019, 06:33:12 AM »
Roger  :thumbsup:

I apologised for posting the mobile number, less a digit or two. It genuinely wasn't meant to be malicious and I was proving that we had spoken over the phone, something you staunchly denied.

The Facebook thing, well you're invisible anyway right? I thought that your own activity on here with photo banks, youtube and other bits and bobs you flaunt, meant that your name was common knowledge?

Again, apologies but I suspect anyone who has found you, did so through your own trumpeting.

Hmm, you posted the WHOLE number - you are much younger than me - are you sure you don't have memory issues ? ;)

Posting the FB nick meant that anyone can find me - but will only see my profile photo and not much else - but it was hardly wise - or correct-  - given you suggested on here that "I could not be trusted with personal info" ...

I suppose you 'forgot THAT, too ;)

Then - surely - your howler - which I quietly reported and asked to be corrected - but our 'leader' - incorrectly mentioned what was a PRIVATE ( mods only )  request and was disingenuous as to my mentioning your profession - when discussing travelling around N.Ireland and why  - even discussing the make up of my FB 'nick'

I hope that Manny will allow this, too ...

You’re lying again Moby so there’s little point continuing this discussion.

I put a star instead of at least 1 of your numbers and I did admit my mistake, something you can’t even force yourself to do.

Clearly your memory isn’t quite as good or as medically sound as mine and you’ll no doubt argue you the toss, hence why I posted your number in the first place!

Offline msmoby

• BANNED
  • BANNED
« Reply #52 on: June 11, 2019, 06:41:57 AM »
Rosco

I am indeed 'mistaken'..you 'kindly' omitted one digit from 11 ..making the choice of the missing number a combination of ten...

Nice obfuscation, though...to avoid admitting a pattern AND your suggesting *I* couldn"t be trusted with private info..

You are a hoot..

Online rosco

• Supporting Member
« Reply #53 on: June 11, 2019, 09:43:24 AM »
Rosco

I am indeed 'mistaken'..you 'kindly' omitted one digit from 11 ..making the choice of the missing number a combination of ten...

Nice obfuscation, though...to avoid admitting a pattern AND your suggesting *I* couldn"t be trusted with private info..

You are a hoot..

See, we are getting somewhere. You've admitted that you are wrong, albeit half heartedly.

You made a giant step today Moby.

Offline msmoby

• BANNED
  • BANNED
« Reply #54 on: June 11, 2019, 10:35:05 AM »
Rosco

all we need now is your admission that you have TWICE - not inadvertently - as Manny suggests - posted my personal contact info and YES - the Turth Commission will have had a result

Oh that and your suggesting vyou new the people of Zaporizhia's leanings better than the THREE last parliamentary and Presidential results ...

Offline Manny

« Reply #55 on: June 11, 2019, 04:27:59 PM »
Are you still thrashing this horse, Moby?

Let’s be honest, you are hardly a man of mystery who is difficult to find. Even the crazy Greek seems to know your address.

Is this just another topic you want to make all about you and your ego? Is it possible that we could confine your inane ramblings to your Moby blah blah topic please?
Read a trip report from North Korea >>here<< - Read a trip report from South Korea, China and Hong Kong >>here<<

Look what the American media makes some people believe:
Putin often threatens to strike US with nuclear weapons.

Offline msmoby

• BANNED
  • BANNED
« Reply #56 on: June 11, 2019, 09:56:13 PM »

Let’s be honest, you are hardly a man of mystery who is difficult to find. Even the crazy Greek seems to know your address.

That was the whole point ! - He 'tried' and posted someone else's..

Is this just another topic you want to make all about you and your ego? Is it possible that we could confine your inane ramblings to your Moby blah blah topic please?

You see NO irony  - at all - in that question - when you used the word 'honest' ?;)

Offline Contrarian

• Trips: 1-5
« Reply #57 on: June 16, 2019, 10:46:37 PM »
Back on topic.

The multi-pronged attack on Conservative voices and freedom of speech is worse than most of us thought.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.lifesitenews.com/mobile/opinion/the-shocking-soros-speech-code-cartel-memo

Offline Contrarian

« Reply #58 on: July 17, 2019, 11:51:42 AM »

Offline Guile

« Reply #59 on: July 17, 2019, 05:21:40 PM »

I guess the beauty of pre authorisation and adult moderation is that you've been "protected" by my reveal. Unintentional of course but nobody would find you anyway, given your status on FB.

Moby knows nothing about FB... I found his profile in 5 seconds and his partner and ex's page linked to his. anyone can see it.  Just search his real name and it comes up easily.

For someone in IT, he sure isn't too savvy about his privacy settings.  :ROFL:

Offline msmoby

• BANNED
  • BANNED
« Reply #60 on: July 19, 2019, 01:30:49 AM »

Moby knows nothing about FB... I found his profile in 5 seconds and his partner and ex's page linked to his. anyone can see it.  Just search his real name and it comes up easily.

For someone in IT, he sure isn't too savvy about his privacy settings.  :ROFL:

You can may be find my / my partner's profile - but learn f'all from either ..  they are not searchable from the net ...  if you know my surname .... you might find me and then SC..via f/b aand STILL learn f'all

As for V's profile ... there is NOTHING ... zip ...linking her to me or vice-versa ...  Unless you are frinds with any of us ... which you ain't - you know f'all

Naughty fibber

Here's a clue.. I'm not interested in trying to find out ANYTHING about you ....   I know enough ..

Offline Manny

« Reply #61 on: July 20, 2019, 02:30:01 PM »
I am glad I'm not an active participant on Facebook.

In actual fact, the site loads all its different elements so slowly and is so counterintuitive to use, I'm not sure how people can have a meaningful experience using it. I find it such hard work and its always showing me stuff of people I "might know" (which often I do) which just further convinces me to share nothing as it'll share stuff (unless I can find a setting 72 clicks in) with people I dont want it to. If I wanted to be publicly linked with someone I'd have looked for them or they me. I've always found Facebook to be rather insidious in that way.

I have a business FB page which is a bloody nuisance. I post to it usually from other apps like Instagram (coz people expect you to have an active profile) but then they want to start sending messages and DMs. Nooooo, not another bloody platform. Send an email so the staff can see it and follow a string. FB messages are now replied with an auto message saying we are so busy replies may be 5 days +, but email >here< and we'll reply within 24 hours. That tends to peel serious people off FB.

From a business perspective I find it heaving with messers and people who ask 35 questions and buy nothing. Does anyone here have an FB that converts folk to customers?
Read a trip report from North Korea >>here<< - Read a trip report from South Korea, China and Hong Kong >>here<<

Offline Contrarian

« Reply #62 on: August 21, 2019, 12:08:37 PM »
Google insider talks about how they blacklist Conservatives and Christians.

https://www.projectveritas.com/2019/08/14/google-machine-learning-fairness-whistleblower-goes-public-says-burden-lifted-off-of-my-soul/

Google responded by accusing the employee of needing a “mental health” wellness check.

Vorhies described the incident to Project Veritas:

“they got inside the gate, the police, and they started banging on my door… And so the police decided that they were going to call in additional forces. They called in the FBI, they called in the SWAT team. And they called in a bomb squad.”

“[T]his is a large way in which [Google tries to] intimidate their employees that go rogue on the company…”

Online AvHdB

• Spouses Country: Ukraine, Kiev
« Reply #63 on: February 18, 2021, 02:12:23 PM »
There is an interesting and troubling event going in Australia with FaceBook editing or preventing from being published news from the government there. While FaceBook appears to be claiming it is for payment of its service, it appears at controlling content.

It will be interesting to hear from members Down Under there opinions and thoughts.

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/business/facebook-news-goes-dark-in-australia-as-content-payment-dispute-grows-14225670

“If you aren't in over your head, how do you know how tall you are?” T.S. Eliot

Offline BillyB

« Reply #64 on: February 18, 2021, 09:59:05 PM »

Poland lived with the control of speech for decades. They see what's going on in America. They ain't F'ing around. They will fine Big Tech $13.5 million for every person censored for ideological reasons.

https://www.foxnews.com/world/poland-fights-big-tech-push-block-social-media-censorship
Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776. If you want to stop the war in Ukraine, fix elections, stop medical tyranny and forced vaccinations, lower inflation and make America and the world a better place, get Trump back into power. The Democrats and Republicans have shown they can't do the job. They are good at robbing us and getting people killed in non stop wars.

Online AvHdB

• Spouses Country: Ukraine, Kiev
« Reply #65 on: February 19, 2021, 02:39:22 PM »
It seems the pushback against Facebook is growing both at a national level, corporate level with a growing list of firms who will not use the platform and at a grass roots member field amongst both users on both edges of the political spectrum.

It will be interesting to watch how the stock reacts over the coming trading days.
“If you aren't in over your head, how do you know how tall you are?” T.S. Eliot

Offline BillyB

« Reply #66 on: February 19, 2021, 10:02:29 PM »
It seems the pushback against Facebook is growing both at a national level, corporate level with a growing list of firms who will not use the platform and at a grass roots member field amongst both users on both edges of the political spectrum.

It will be interesting to watch how the stock reacts over the coming trading days.

After Jan 6th, Twitter began the banning over 4 million accounts of Conservative users. Their stock dropped a little as a result. After the Jan 20th inauguration their stock skyrocketed. Biden needs to pay back everybody who helped him.

http://www.google.com/search?client=opera&q=twitter+stock&sourceid=opera&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8
Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776. If you want to stop the war in Ukraine, fix elections, stop medical tyranny and forced vaccinations, lower inflation and make America and the world a better place, get Trump back into power. The Democrats and Republicans have shown they can't do the job. They are good at robbing us and getting people killed in non stop wars.

Offline redroo

• Spouses Country: FSU
  • Trips: Semi-Resident
« Reply #67 on: February 20, 2021, 07:05:38 AM »
The Australian Government asked Facebook, Google and Microsoft to make financial agreements with News organisations to pay for News. FB and Google initially told the Australian Gov to "piss off". Google moved first to threaten to make their search engine not available in Australia. Overnight DuckDuckGo downloads by Australian users exploded. Microsoft agreed to pay and made agreements, and the Gov asked departments and employees to use Bing. A few days later Google agreed to pay and made agreements.

Facebook, without any warning this week, not only pulled News pages but all news story links in personal messaging. They also "f%^ked up" BIG time by deleting pages like Fire Emergency, Suicide Prevention, Children's Hospitals, Covid Information pages, Ambulance Service pages etc etc.

Australians started dumping their FB pages immediately. The Zuckster phoned the Prime Minister friday asking the Australian Gov to delay the new laws. The PM told him to get lost.

I think FB were too keen to head-off this legislation from the first of the "5 eyes" to move. Now they have ensured that European, and other Countries are almost certain to also demand payment for the use of News that journalists have been paid to produce by other Organisations.

FB wanted to make an example of Australia as a small country they could bully as a monopoly.......well good luck with that!
The Zuckster obviously hasn't noticed how well China are doing in forcing Australians to bow the knee, lol.
Yes China cost us money with cherrypicked fake disputes and jailing our citizens, but now we have agreements with India and Japan, Indonesia and the rest of SE Asia.

Our Gov will pass the law, and FB can watch the waterfall of laws worldwide.

Offline Manny

« Reply #68 on: February 20, 2021, 11:13:48 AM »
FB wanted to make an example of Australia as a small country they could bully as a monopoly.......well good luck with that!

From what I know of the Aussie way of thinking, it was an unwise move. Australians don't strike me as a people who will be bullied like that under any circumstances.

Offline redroo

« Reply #69 on: February 23, 2021, 01:00:37 AM »
Well, news today that FB is reinstating the Australian pages they deleted, and will enter agreements to pay for Australian news content.
I guess those little Aussie minnows (with powerful friends) were capable of giving the Zuckster a black eye after all.

Offline Dogsoldier

• Supporting Member
  • Spouses Country: Україна
« Reply #70 on: February 23, 2021, 03:45:39 AM »
Well, news today that FB is reinstating the Australian pages they deleted, and will enter agreements to pay for Australian news content.
I guess those little Aussie minnows (with powerful friends) were capable of giving the Zuckster a black eye after all.
Hasn’t the Aus govt agreed to make some changes to the media law in exchange?

Offline redroo

« Reply #71 on: February 23, 2021, 04:57:39 AM »
NEWS.COM.AU
Natalie Brown

Facebook will lift its news ban for Australian users and publishers, less than a week after making the shock decision.

The ban – made last week in response to a proposed new Media Bargaining law – meant Australian users could no longer view or share local articles, while international Facebook users were also restricted from seeing Australian news.

Lifting the ban means local news publications and sites – including news.com.au – will be back on Facebook, with content once again allowed to be shared in coming days.

“Australian news will be restored to the Facebook platform, and Facebook has committed to entering into good faith negotiations with Australian news media businesses and seeking to reach agreements to pay for content,” Treasurer Josh Frydenberg told reporters.

Mr Frydenberg thanked Facebook co-founder and CEO Mark Zuckerberg “for the constructive nature of the discussions we have had over the course of recent days”.

“It has been a difficult process, but these are really important issues. These are important issues because the purpose of the code and the purpose of the Morrison Government’s intentions have been designed to sustain public interest journalism in this country,” he said.

“That is why we have sought to put this code in place, that is why the now-Prime Minister, then the Treasurer, commissioned the ACCC to undertake this ground-breaking review a number of years ago.”

Mr Frydenberg added that “there is no doubt that Australia has been a proxy battle for the world”.

“I have no doubt that so many other countries are looking at what is happening here in Australia, because of this innovative code, that the Australian Government, the Morrison Government is now pursuing, so Facebook and Google have not hidden the fact that they know that the eyes of the world are on Australia, and that is why they have sought to get a code here that is workable,” he said.

Australian news platforms will start returning to Facebook in the coming days.

Facebook also confirmed the news, saying in a statement it was “pleased that we’ve been able to reach an agreement with the Australian government and appreciate the constructive discussions we’ve had with Treasurer (Josh) Frydenberg and (Communications) Minister (Paul) Fletcher over the past week”.

Mr Frydenberg said in a statement earlier: “The amendments will strengthen the hand of regional and small publishers in obtaining appropriate remuneration for the use of their content by the digital platforms.

“These amendments will provide further clarity to digital platforms and news media businesses about the way the Code is intended to operate and strengthen the framework for ensuring news media businesses are fairly remunerated.”

The amendments included taking “into account whether a digital platform has made a significant contribution to the sustainability of the Australian news industry through reaching commercial agreements with news media businesses”.

END QUOTE;

OPINION:

Google and Microsoft have very cleverly made their first agreements with smaller Australian Media Companies for whom they can show a mutual benefit. The technical amendments mean the LAW will take effect if arbitration determines there was no genuine effort to make a commercial agreement between parties