The World's #1 Russian, Ukrainian & Eastern European Discussion & Information Forum - RUA!

This Is the Premier Discussion Forum on the Net for Information and Discussion about Russia, Ukraine, Eastern Europe and the Former Soviet Union. Discuss Culture, Politics, Travelling, Language, International Relationships and More. Chat with Travellers, Locals, Residents and Expats. Ask and Answer Questions about Travel, Culture, Relationships, Applying for Visas, Translators, Interpreters, and More. Give Advice, Read Trip Reports, Share Experiences and Make Friends.

Author Topic: Facebook Douchery  (Read 10566 times)

Offline Contrarian

• Trips: 1-5
Facebook Douchery
« on: May 07, 2019, 10:33:28 AM »
So Facebook deletes a post for “hate speech”. It turns out they deleted a part of the Declaration of Independence. Now think of the hundreds of thousands or millions of posts this Orwellian company deletes, because heaven forbid they require the reader to engage in critical thinking.  :coffeeread:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/beta.washingtonpost.com/news/the-intersect/wp/2018/07/05/facebook-censored-a-post-for-hate-speech-it-was-the-declaration-of-independence/%3foutputType=amp

Offline Contrarian

Re: Facebook Douchery
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2019, 11:06:30 PM »
So Facebook deletes a post for “hate speech”. It turns out they deleted a part of the Declaration of Independence. Now think of the hundreds of thousands or millions of posts this Orwellian company deletes, because heaven forbid they require the reader to engage in critical thinking.  :coffeeread:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/beta.washingtonpost.com/news/the-intersect/wp/2018/07/05/facebook-censored-a-post-for-hate-speech-it-was-the-declaration-of-independence/%3foutputType=amp

Anyone? Buehler? Buehler?

Offline Manny

• Spouses Country: Russia
  • Trips: 20+
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2019, 08:42:41 AM »
So Facebook deletes a post for “hate speech”.

Facebook will turn into a fuzzy thinking leftist echo chamber like Twitter has become. Glad I dont really use it.
Read a trip report from North Korea >>here<< - Read a trip report from South Korea, China and Hong Kong >>here<<

Look what the American media makes some people believe:
Putin often threatens to strike US with nuclear weapons.

Online Markje

• MCMLXXIV
    • Mark's unix pages
  • Spouses Country: Crimea
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2019, 08:57:42 AM »

Facebook will turn into a fuzzy thinking leftist echo chamber like Twitter has become. Glad I dont really use it.

Just today in Dutch News:

- Twitter bans a major newspaper' editor personal account for posting an eu-critical message asking people to vote in the eu-upcoming-elections
- All Dutch news media start calling twitter about it.
- #itstime becomes trending as the t'weet' is mass-copied to help it spread
- Shitstorm and pr-nightmare becomes a huge story in netherlands
- Twitter unbans the account claiming 'human error'

:Zzzzsleep: :Zzzzsleep: business as usual, in the EU.
OO===[][]===OO
My first trip to my wife: To Evpatoria!
My road trip to Crimea: Roadtrip to Evpatoria

Offline Contrarian

« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2019, 09:39:05 AM »

Just today in Dutch News:

- Twitter bans a major newspaper' editor personal account for posting an eu-critical message asking people to vote in the eu-upcoming-elections
- All Dutch news media start calling twitter about it.
- #itstime becomes trending as the t'weet' is mass-copied to help it spread
- Shitstorm and pr-nightmare becomes a huge story in netherlands
- Twitter unbans the account claiming 'human error'

:Zzzzsleep: :Zzzzsleep: business as usual, in the EU.

If I understand your post correctly, Twitter restored the account of the newspaper editor?

For every prominent account restored there are thousands or hundreds of thousands which will not be restored.

The assault on critical thinking continues.

Online andrewfi

• Supporting Member
    • Articles About Almost Anything!
« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2019, 06:07:44 AM »

If one is seeking political discourse then, no matter what your taste, Facebook is not the best way to go. However, it is not a bad way to find interesting and challenging content from people whose cognitive abilities run further than reposting some propagandist's latest truth lite meme.

Facebook remains a handy way to communicate with one's own networks - the site's original purpose.
...everything ends always well; if it’s still bad, then it’s not the end!

Offline msmoby

• BANNED
  • BANNED
« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2019, 07:26:32 AM »

Facebook owns INSTAGRAM ....  Twitter have yet to sort out the wack jobs some of you on here think are 'normal'
I have never claimed to be a Blue Beret

Spurious claims about 'seeing action' with the Blue Berets are debunked >here<

Here is my Russophobia/Kremlinphobia topic

Offline Manny

« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2019, 10:52:15 PM »
Who owns Instagram is irrelevant.

Twitter is actively banning (or shadow banning) anyone who isn’t a Liberal, and that censorship is causing the platform to wither on the vine.

As for FB, on the rare occasions I do participate in a conversation, it usually isn’t long before I am reminded why I don’t; douchery abounds.
Read a trip report from North Korea >>here<< - Read a trip report from South Korea, China and Hong Kong >>here<<

Offline Contrarian

« Reply #8 on: May 11, 2019, 10:58:04 PM »
Who owns Instagram is irrelevant.

Twitter is actively banning (or shadow banning) anyone who isn’t a Liberal, and that censorship is causing the platform to wither on the vine.

As for FB, on the rare occasions I do participate in a conversation, it usually isn’t long before I am reminded why I don’t; douchery abounds.

Which is why fuzzy thinking leftist liberals like Moby love it.  :king:

BTW what happened to LeslieD? He hasn’t posted for ages. Miss him.

Offline msmoby

• BANNED
  • BANNED
« Reply #9 on: May 12, 2019, 04:39:05 AM »
Manny,

You are obuscating...

Those being banned are promoting hatred or darnright fibs...

I note UKIP are telling us that the UK will be forced to join the Euro if we remain.))

This is a bubble of non PC speak

Offline Manny

« Reply #10 on: May 12, 2019, 04:43:47 PM »
Manny,

You are obuscating...

I note UKIP are telling us that the UK will be forced to join the Euro if we remain.))

This is a bubble of non PC speak

They are banning those with regular right wing views, not extremists.

Offline Manny

« Reply #11 on: May 12, 2019, 04:47:19 PM »
BTW what happened to LeslieD? He hasn’t posted for ages. Miss him.

He was MIA and not logged in for many months. He didn’t reply to PM‘s, emails or Skype messages. There was one login on his account in recent months but no interaction. If anybody is in touch with him via other means like Facebook or another medium, please get in touch with him and ask him to get in touch with me.

Online andrewfi

• Supporting Member
« Reply #12 on: May 12, 2019, 04:58:59 PM »
What is a 'fib'? Is it similar to a lie? If so, what's the difference? What lies are these people supposed to have told? Since when was telling lies on social media a reason for being banned? If lying is a reason for banning posters on social media, why is it that there seems to be some kind of bias in respect of the posters who get banned?

Personally, I am of the opinion that people should be able to say, or write, pretty much what they choose, even if I disagree vehemently with what is being said. If I support the restriction of speech for one group of people then I can not be surprised when my speech is also restricted.

All that said, I think that our house liar is, again, being dishonest when he says that people being banned are being banned for lying. They simply post materials that the house liar disagrees with.

I would argue that our house liar should not be banned, not for lying. Far better to show his dishonesty with mockery, reason, and truth.

Cue lies from our house liar!

Online AvHdB

• Spouses Country: Ukraine, Kiev
« Reply #13 on: May 12, 2019, 05:11:13 PM »
Personally, I am of the opinion that people should be able to say, or write, pretty much what they choose, even if I disagree vehemently with what is being said. If I support the restriction of speech for one group of people then I can not be surprised when my speech is also restricted.

My sentiments exactly.
“If you aren't in over your head, how do you know how tall you are?” T.S. Eliot

Offline Contrarian

« Reply #14 on: May 12, 2019, 06:30:40 PM »

My sentiments exactly.

I also agree wholeheartedly.  :thumbsup:

In my experience both FB and Twitter attempt to control the “narrative”.

FB is pushing a “Globalist” type of agenda and Conservatives are marginalized.

IMO there’s also an agenda to browbeat whites who prefer to date and marry other whites. We’re now often told on television and other media we should intermix.

If someone here is in a mixed race relationship that’s fine; who you date and marry is an individual choice and if you’re both in love it’s your right to choose.

I just don’t like the labels and the constant attempts at social engineering. I believe the refugee crisis and the attempt to destroy western countries was planned out many years ago.

I see that Poland, Czech Republic, Slovakia and Hungary have resisted attempts to destroy their countries national character and I applaud them.

Offline msmoby

• BANNED
  • BANNED
« Reply #15 on: May 13, 2019, 01:06:42 AM »

Example?

Based on your thinking your 'mate' Nick's views were  'normal' ..  despite having convictions for posting bollox...

Online rosco

• Supporting Member
  • Trips: 10-20
« Reply #16 on: May 13, 2019, 05:11:16 AM »

And that's the problem, people like you support a system where alternative view points are silenced, rather than debated and proved wrong. We all know which rabbit hole this takes us down and for someone as progressive and liberal as yourself, its the irony that surprises me most.

The greater issue is that anyone with an opposing view point of the globalist loving liberals, are thrown in the far right/dangerous category and that label in itself is a "fib". I say give people like Tommy Robison a platform to spout his views, engage with him and if he's wrong, then prove it in front of the world and make a fool of him.

Silencing the "far right" only suggests that they actually have some inconvenient points the establishment would rather bury and ignore.

Finally, do you suggest we now ban politicians, seeing that they are the ones who are telling "darn right fibs"??

Online andrewfi

• Supporting Member
« Reply #17 on: May 13, 2019, 05:50:43 AM »
Free speech, or its control, has been weaponised. I really hate labels for people such as right or left wing, republican or democrat, liberal etc. The generalise and reduce the ability to discuss, they are in and of themselves a controlling mechanism to create groups of us and them, where us is good and them is bad.

However, what can be seen is a tendency for people who self identify within certain of those groups to be more in favour of control of communication and that is disturbing. And, yes the house liar might claim to identify as a member of a certain group but then espouses the world view and opinions that are associated with another group.  In the end, liars lie.

It seems to me that those who would seek to reduce our ability to communicate, to have the broadest possible range of ideas to see, discuss and understand must, at some level, be willing to use and accept dishonesty because it is rare for those who do reduce free speech and communication to ever say that they are NOT in favour of freedom of speech and communication. One cannot honestly claim to wish to limit freedom of speech while supporting freedom of speech, it is an inherently dishonest position.

Offline msmoby

• BANNED
  • BANNED
« Reply #18 on: May 13, 2019, 05:53:18 AM »
Rosco...as usual..attempts to 'belittle' by making up stuff.

Facebook et al are banning those with repeated instances of posting hate ..

Offline msmoby

• BANNED
  • BANNED
« Reply #19 on: May 13, 2019, 06:24:37 AM »
One cannot honestly claim to wish to limit freedom of speech while supporting freedom of speech, it is an inherently dishonest position.

Given the censorship and profile editing going on here, you'll forgive the guffaw !

Offline Manny

« Reply #20 on: May 13, 2019, 08:20:17 AM »

Example?

Based on your thinking your 'mate' Nick's views were  'normal' ..  despite having convictions for posting bollox...

You post extreme leftist bollox so whats the difference?

Offline Contrarian

« Reply #21 on: May 13, 2019, 08:40:38 AM »

And that's the problem, people like you support a system where alternative view points are silenced, rather than debated and proved wrong. We all know which rabbit hole this takes us down and for someone as progressive and liberal as yourself, its the irony that surprises me most.

The greater issue is that anyone with an opposing view point of the globalist loving liberals, are thrown in the far right/dangerous category and that label in itself is a "fib". I say give people like Tommy Robison a platform to spout his views, engage with him and if he's wrong, then prove it in front of the world and make a fool of him.

Silencing the "far right" only suggests that they actually have some inconvenient points the establishment would rather bury and ignore.

Finally, do you suggest we now ban politicians, seeing that they are the ones who are telling "darn right fibs"??

Tommy Robinson is not a legitimate white nationalist. He’s a tool for the Zionists in their divide and conquer agenda.

He’s being paid to deliberately sow discord between Muslims and Christians or more broadly between Arabs and whites.

Word on the street is that the recent terror bombings of Christians in Sri Lanka may have been financed by Israel. Terrorism is their specialty; they were the original terrorists in the ME. They hope to inflame Evangelical Christians in the USA into supporting yet another Middle East war and this time their target is Iran.

I’m no fan of excessive Muslim immigration to the West (to say the least!) but it’s important not to take the bait of these paid provocateurs.

Online rosco

• Supporting Member
« Reply #22 on: May 13, 2019, 09:05:10 AM »

Tommy Robinson is not a legitimate white nationalist. He’s a tool for the Zionists in their divide and conquer agenda.

He’s being paid to deliberately sow discord between Muslims and Christians or more broadly between Arabs and whites.

Word on the street is that the recent terror bombings of Christians in Sri Lanka may have been financed by Israel. Terrorism is their specialty; they were the original terrorists in the ME. They hope to inflame Evangelical Christians in the USA into supporting yet another Middle East war and this time their target is Iran.

I’m no fan of excessive Muslim immigration to the West (to say the least!) but it’s important not to take the bait of these paid provocateurs.

If by bait you mean getting angry at the thousands of muslims who have been raping and abusing children in the Uk for decades, whilst the authorities chose to purposely look the other way?

Tommy is a lot of things but the root of the problem is the abusers and then Moby's who chose to look away for the good of cultural enrichment. Now unless we can prove that this disproportionally large group of muslim, south indian men, are repeatedly grooming and raping white children at the request of a paying provocateur,  I'll continue to believe its an ideological problem. Tommy Robinson and his funding thing if true is a subset of the same story.

I find it disgusting that the liberal types refuse to acknowledge the stuff reported by Robinson, not because the facts are there for all to see, but because these facts are being communicated by someone they loath. Work that one out for progressiveness.

Online rosco

• Supporting Member
« Reply #23 on: May 13, 2019, 09:29:11 AM »
Rosco...as usual..attempts to 'belittle' by making up stuff.

Facebook et al are banning those with repeated instances of posting hate ..

Is that the response I get, from what I consider a pretty balanced and non attacking post? I've made absolutely nothing up. Working with your rules, the Guardian should be banned for posting hate. They attack white, tax paying, straight males on a daily basis to fuel their progressive propaganda yet they are allowed to post bollox.

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2019/may/13/tommy-robinson-sexual-abuse-victims-european-elections

Today's Guardian journalist attacks TR for offering to donate his MEP salary to victims of sexual abuse, should he get elected. They call on voters to vote the way they think is best and no doubt the brainless zombies will do as they are told. Robinson is then attacked for inciting racial hatred by "whipping up fear". So, reporting on the injustices and betrayals which the authorities have attempted to mask and bury, makes him the criminal and the one causing fear? We're told he only focuses his attention on white girls and not the black and asian ones - how racist of him!!

Then there's this nugget. Full of guess work, bitterness and purposely misleading the reader with, "they are more likely". It's basically an extremist opinion yet fine on Facebook.

"The idea of far-right men presenting themselves as defenders of women’s rights is absurd. These thugs are never the natural defenders of women’s equality and sexual freedom, or allies in the fight against gender stereotypes and misogyny. They are more likely to want a return to an extremely traditional idea of a family, with a powerful man at its head and a homemaking woman in the kitchen."

I wonder if she would be so brave and post similar opinions on the issue within the muslim community..........tumble weed.......

Offline Contrarian

« Reply #24 on: May 13, 2019, 09:31:19 AM »

If by bait you mean getting angry at the thousands of muslims who have been raping and abusing children in the Uk for decades, whilst the authorities chose to purposely look the other way?

Tommy is a lot of things but the root of the problem is the abusers and then Moby's who chose to look away for the good of cultural enrichment. Now unless we can prove that this disproportionally large group of muslim, south indian men, are repeatedly grooming and raping white children at the request of a paying provocateur,  I'll continue to believe its an ideological problem. Tommy Robinson and his funding thing if true is a subset of the same story.

I find it disgusting that the liberal types refuse to acknowledge the stuff reported by Robinson, not because the facts are there for all to see, but because these facts are being communicated by someone they loath. Work that one out for progressiveness.

I’m with you 100% that people should have the courage to speak out against those grooming gangs, they never should have been allowed into the UK in the first place!

So who was behind immigration into the UK in the first place? Who deceived white English women into behaving like sluts and sleeping around instead of marriage and two to four kids? Who would be behind that bullox? And then who would encourage them to get an abortion if they were pregnant?

So who would do their very best to destroy white birth rates and then say “oh we’ve got to import some of these wonderful Arabs and black Africans and Pakistani’s to have babies and become workers in the UK cause those white slags don’t wanna settle and have babies or they abort them anyways...

You’ve been played mate and the “social engineers” in your midst control nearly all aspects of your media, politicians, police etc and they’re laughing as your society implodes.

Registration