The World's #1 Russian, Ukrainian & Eastern European Discussion & Information Forum - RUA!

This Is the Premier Discussion Forum on the Net for Information and Discussion about Russia, Ukraine, Eastern Europe and the Former Soviet Union. Discuss Culture, Politics, Travelling, Language, International Relationships and More. Chat with Travellers, Locals, Residents and Expats. Ask and Answer Questions about Travel, Culture, Relationships, Applying for Visas, Translators, Interpreters, and More. Give Advice, Read Trip Reports, Share Experiences and Make Friends.

Author Topic: Comedian Zelenskiy Elected President of Ukraine  (Read 2736 times)

Offline msmoby

• BANNED
  • BANNED
  • Spouses Country: Russia
  • Trips: 20+
Re: Comedian Zelenskiy Elected President of Ukraine
« Reply #25 on: April 23, 2019, 03:31:56 AM »
Moscow not - yet - in contact to congratulate the winner

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/europe/ukraine-election-volodymyr-zelensky-putin-congratulate-comedian-a8881051.html

It seems that the 'games' between Kiev and moscow are continuing with Moscow  upping energy tariffs on a Ukraine overly reliant on Moscow for same and rumours that the Kremlin is considering issuing RU passports to UA citizens who live in the 'rebel' held areas

How can a Kremlin spokesman 'bemoan' 3.5 million disenfranchised UA voters from taking part in the Presidential elections ?!

I have never claimed to be a Blue Beret

Spurious claims about 'seeing action' with the Blue Berets are debunked >here<

Here is my Russophobia/Kremlinphobia topic

Offline yankee

« Reply #26 on: April 23, 2019, 06:23:37 AM »
Poroshenko was all over the election. But it isn't possible to overturn a 40% delta. One can get away with a few percent, not more.

Get away with a few percent? Assad and Saddam Insane routinely got 100% or near that in every one of their elections. There's ways to get away with more than a few percent.

Crimea is, of course, a different matter. In Crimea, the people have spoken, made a clear choice and are implementing the choice every day.

Votes like the one in Crimea are illegal in most nations. In every election of every nation some region doesn't get the leader they want and threaten to leave. Ukraine's Constitution Article 73 prevents that. If borders are to be changed, everyone in the nation gets to vote on that, not those living in the region that wants to leave.

It would be nice if California and New York and Massachusetts would decide to leave the USA.
What is worse than not being able to get what you don't even want?

Offline Steveboy

• Commercial Member
  • Trips: Resident
« Reply #27 on: April 23, 2019, 03:39:26 PM »
The outgoing dick head already has a new job!!   :ROFL: :ROFL:

I support no government anywhere, ever, never. No institution, No religion!!

Online andrewfi

• Supporting Member
    • Articles About Almost Anything!
« Reply #28 on: April 24, 2019, 12:17:42 AM »
Actually, Billy, they are not. But you'd need to understand the difference between government and state to grasp the point. The right of people to choose their own destiny is embodied in international law and supported by precedent that was enforced militarily by the democracy bringing bombs of your adopted country.
...everything ends always well; if it’s still bad, then it’s not the end!

Offline BillyB

• Trips: 10-20
« Reply #29 on: April 24, 2019, 11:54:04 PM »
The right of people to choose their own destiny is embodied in international law

Wonderful. I should have everyone in my family vote to secede from the city, county, state, and federal territories. If I break their laws, they can't arrest me. I won't have to pay taxes either and the international community will respect my choices.
Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776. If you want to stop the war in Ukraine, fix elections, stop medical tyranny and forced vaccinations, lower inflation and make America and the world a better place, get Trump back into power. The Democrats and Republicans have shown they can't do the job. They are good at robbing us and getting people killed in non stop wars.

Offline Contrarian

• Trips: 1-5
« Reply #30 on: April 25, 2019, 12:14:58 AM »
Actually, Billy, they are not. But you'd need to understand the difference between government and state to grasp the point. The right of people to choose their own destiny is embodied in international law and supported by precedent that was enforced militarily by the democracy bringing bombs of your adopted country.

The right of people to choose their own destiny?

That didn’t turn out very well for Chechnya the first time and it’s not turning out very well for a certain ethnic minority in Crimea who were sent to Gulags by Stalin.

Online andrewfi

• Supporting Member
« Reply #31 on: April 25, 2019, 01:45:42 AM »
When the best argument you have is ill-informed anachronistic whataboutism rather than data and analysis then you did not only lose the argument, you were never even taking part.

Stalin was not Russian, did not lead the Russian Federation and thus is irrelevant and sending people to prison is not in any way analogous to a majority of a population making a choice about their political future.

Chechnya was a civil war fomented from outside and was not in any way analogous to the Crimea case. But yes, we get it, some people DID get left behind in the Land of the Free, it must suck that you had to be one of them.

Offline MissileMe

« Reply #32 on: April 25, 2019, 02:12:40 AM »
This is by the by. The breakaway regions have left what remains of Ukraine. I doubt they’ll be returning after being shelled by them the last year or two.

They broke away because they wanted to. If the new bloke is Jewish and being financed from Israel, that means it’s quite likely the US is behind it again. Different puppet, same puppet master. No change there then. Just the illusion of democracy; like Brexit.

TV personality becomes prez, just like the US. You couldn’t make it up.

Manny,  you will know if USA is still behind, when IMF makes a decision to juice Ukraine with more funding.  If it decides not to, then USA and EU is done meddling with Ukraine.  If they give more funding,  Ukraine goes down the crapper more since the next and next next generation will be paying IMF dues.

The name of the game is  destitiution.    They want to create a chaotic nation in the back yard of Russia to sap power and concentration from them.   Which country in the right mind wants a bankrupt, defaulted,  volatile nation which shelters a fair number of their own people?

Personally I have a feeling,  USA and EU are done meddling with Ukraine for some time.   There is enough financial data right now to prove that the stock market in the US is the last phase of the melt up and from here on,  precious metals might  take off when a major correction happens. 

If this happens,  war cycles will be spooling to their apex and Ukraine is not going to be on the top priority for USA or EU.  They will have more problems and lack of money will force them to leave Ukraine alone.  Look at it this way,  there's more money to be made outside of little Ukraine by people like Biden

Ukraine may default within a few years,  maybe 2020/2021.   This will inevitably bring back people like Fart Princess Timmy,  Candyman Porky, and the rest and rub the fact into the noses of the Ukrainians that Ukraine can't be run by a comedian.  Which is the reason why you have to vote for crooks such as them.

Ukrainians being docile and living on hope alone will eventually go back to these crooks.   But not before 10% of their nation gets wiped out,  land gets confiscated by the Chinese,  and women flock to Italy as prostitutes.   If all this happens,  we'll see another famine.   Funny thing is,  famines tend to repeat itself.   Mostly because of bad politics.   Ukraine's got a lot of that. 

BTW,  Italy is in trouble.   Their recession is going to be a full blown depression that EU won't be able to ignore.    Things are starting to look really ugly in all of Europe.   Portugal's probably next when their real estate bubble pops.   

As for Ukraine,  I can't see how this country would not be balcanized into 2-3 parts.   If I didn't already own two expensive apartments in Kiev,  I would buy one in Lvov,  so when Poland takes over Lvov,   my wife can claim EU residency so that she will have an easier time spending more time  and money in Europe.  I can only hope.   LOL 

Offline Contrarian

« Reply #33 on: April 25, 2019, 07:44:28 AM »
When the best argument you have is ill-informed anachronistic whataboutism rather than data and analysis then you did not only lose the argument, you were never even taking part.

Stalin was not Russian, did not lead the Russian Federation and thus is irrelevant and sending people to prison is not in any way analogous to a majority of a population making a choice about their political future.

Chechnya was a civil war fomented from outside and was not in any way analogous to the Crimea case. But yes, we get it, some people DID get left behind in the Land of the Free, it must suck that you had to be one of them.

Putin idolizes Stalin you twit. If Putin thought he could put all of the Tatar’s in boxcars and send them to Siberia he would probably also do so. As it is they’re being treated like terrorists on their native land.

The invasion and annexation of Crimea is the ultimate “whataboutism” we’re always told about US actions as a response to any critical analysis.

Chechnya was a civil war?  :ROFL:

Online Markje

• MCMLXXIV
    • Mark's unix pages
  • Spouses Country: Crimea
« Reply #34 on: April 25, 2019, 08:51:12 AM »

Putin idolizes Stalin you twit. If Putin thought he could put all of the Tatar’s in boxcars and send them to Siberia he would probably also do so. As it is they’re being treated like terrorists on their native land.

The invasion and annexation of Crimea is the ultimate “whataboutism” we’re always told about US actions as a response to any critical analysis.

Chechnya was a civil war?  :ROFL:

Stalin was forced to send tatars away because of their conduct in ww2. t would be mass genocide if he lingered. so why would putin want to send them away now.
OO===[][]===OO
My first trip to my wife: To Evpatoria!
My road trip to Crimea: Roadtrip to Evpatoria

Online andrewfi

• Supporting Member
« Reply #35 on: April 25, 2019, 10:59:25 AM »
Confederate, where do you get your silly ideas from? Do you make them up or do you have a source for these made up ideas.
I have never seen anything to support your fantasy claim and, unlike you, I tend to rely upon factual sources rather than fiction or my imagination.

Give me a chance to learn something. Please, just one authoritative link to anything that has Putin either saying, or writing such a stupid thing.

Left behind still. Left behind again.
You can learn, we can all learn, it is a choice and becomes easier with practice.

Online AvHdB

• Spouses Country: Ukraine, Kiev
« Reply #36 on: April 25, 2019, 11:18:49 AM »
There is already a battle developing between the president elect and the entrenched government. It seems the electoral commission are unwilling to certify the results. This means that the delay will prevent an earlier vote for a new Rada.

One must admit Ukraine is everything including amusing in how things 'work'.
“If you aren't in over your head, how do you know how tall you are?” T.S. Eliot

Online Markje

• MCMLXXIV
    • Mark's unix pages
  • Spouses Country: Crimea
« Reply #37 on: April 25, 2019, 02:31:05 PM »
There is already a battle developing between the president elect and the entrenched government. It seems the electoral commission are unwilling to certify the results. This means that the delay will prevent an earlier vote for a new Rada.

i loved the youtubes when it came to yatsenyuk starring. Especially that police-academy/blue-oyster one with yats was brilliant.

Original event:
Funny 1:
Blue oyster bar, take note of the iconic music, 3 scenes (those offended by gays, do not watch :
Yatsenyuk meets blue oyster:
OO===[][]===OO
My first trip to my wife: To Evpatoria!
My road trip to Crimea: Roadtrip to Evpatoria

Online andrewfi

• Supporting Member
« Reply #38 on: April 25, 2019, 03:57:31 PM »

Porky and backers are going to try lots of stuff to delay his leaving. There was no way to cover up his election defeat through vote rigging, but if the electoral commission can claim that somebody else rigged the elections - for example, the Russians then doors open. Zelensky has already been accused of being a Putin tool so the groundwork has been laid.

Offline msmoby

• BANNED
  • BANNED
« Reply #39 on: April 26, 2019, 12:24:35 PM »
Andrewfi walks onto a mine ..

When the best argument you have is ill-informed anachronistic whataboutism rather than data and analysis then you did not only lose the argument, you were never even taking part.[/quote[

..and here it comes ..

NO.. it was a former SSR that chose NOT to join the RF and was forced to...
The west made noises about the aerial bombing and 'missiling'  of Grosny - with 100k civilians killed ..not much more ..

Online andrewfi

• Supporting Member
« Reply #41 on: May 21, 2019, 01:38:25 AM »
Moby, why use silly language to show you don't know what you are taking about?

Go get a job or something to fill up those empty unproductive hours.

Of course the RF did not want to lose Chechnya, but the impetus to leave came from outside the country. It was an early form of the so-called Colour Revolutions and due to the weakened condition of the RF at the time, very nearly succeeded.

Sadly, just as happened with subsequent iterations of the revolution franchise, many people fell into believing that they were involved in something 'real' with tragic consequences. But, yes, that's part of the colour revolution process. These days governments targeted for this activity know how the process works and take great steps to ensure that participants can not remain unaware of the manipulation and so the colour revolution concept seems to be becoming less relevant. See Venezuela for an example of how government and state are able to counter this type of activity through information and counter publicity.

Online AvHdB

• Spouses Country: Ukraine, Kiev
Re: Zelenskiy President of Ukraine
« Reply #42 on: May 21, 2019, 11:09:19 AM »
Well Zelenskiy has a new role!

As promised he has dissolved the Rada. Seeing there approval 'rating' is lower than the traffic police amongst Ukrainian citizens, what harm I wonder. New elections are scheduled for the summer. Time will show the reality.
“If you aren't in over your head, how do you know how tall you are?” T.S. Eliot

Offline msmoby

• BANNED
  • BANNED
« Reply #43 on: May 22, 2019, 03:24:08 AM »
Moby, why use silly language to show you don't know what you are taking about?

From the guy who has been a serial failure on :

1/ How Oligarch's got started - voucher scheme

2/ UK Visa applications

3/ Estimations of other's lives

That is amusing

Go get a job or something to fill up those empty unproductive hours.

As ever, you really must stop comparing your life to mine... and try to make a valid 'riposte' when busted

Of course the RF did not want to lose Chechnya,

Chechn'ya NEVER agreed to join the RF ( when the USSR broke up)  - so how could it lose it ?  Once again - your knowledge of things FSU is astoundingly weak

but the impetus to leave came from outside the country. It was an early form of the so-called Colour Revolutions and due to the weakened condition of the RF at the time, very nearly succeeded.

Tosh..Chechens were left in relative peace until - from 94-99 - until they kicked off rebellion in neighbouring Dagestan ..Chechen mercenaries were used in Donbas ...   It is crystal clear you're no expert on the Caucasu Regions...   

Sadly, just as happened with subsequent iterations of the revolution franchise, many people fell into believing that they were involved in something 'real' with tragic consequences. But, yes, that's part of the colour revolution process. These days governments targeted for this activity know how the process works and take great steps to ensure that participants can not remain unaware of the manipulation and so the colour revolution concept seems to be becoming less relevant. See Venezuela for an example of how government and state are able to counter this type of activity through information and counter publicity.

Given the 'colour revolution process'  was not exactly a factor ...  your revisionist version of history has failed,  AGAIN

Offline Contrarian

« Reply #44 on: June 12, 2019, 12:56:15 PM »
What’s going on with Ukraine’s new Comedian in Chief? Any new news?

And no I don’t want anymore trolling from you Moby.  :coffeeread: :chuckle:

THE LAST LAUGH
Ukraine Elects a Television Comic President by a Landslide

https://www.thedailybeast.com/television-comic-volodomyr-zelenskiy-elected-president-of-ukraine-by-a-huge-majority

Offline dcguyusa

• Spouses Country: North America, South America, Europe, Asia
  • Trips: None Yet
« Reply #45 on: June 12, 2019, 04:52:44 PM »
Well, he appears to be "cleaning house" from yesterday's news.

https://www.Kievpost.com/ukraine-politics/zelenskiy-fires-15-governors-proposes-firing-prosecutor-general-lutsenko.html

"These individuals came to power after Poroshenko dismissed their predecessors ...". (see article)

Bullying or spring cleaning?

According to media reports, after the incident occurred district police initially said that the boy had fallen and hit his head on the pavement, but when he was hospitalized doctors found that he had a gunshot wound.

So you went from an accidental fall to being shot?   :duh:

https://www.rferl.org/a/bullet-fired-by-drunk-off-duty-cop-kills-5-year-old-boy-in-ukraine-officials/29980653.html
An uninformed opponent is a dangerous opponent.

"Y'all be makin shit up" ~ Markeith Loyd

Offline msmoby

• BANNED
  • BANNED
« Reply #46 on: June 13, 2019, 06:48:35 AM »

And no I don’t want anymore trolling from you Moby.  :coffeeread: :chuckle:

'Sorry, 'cornfed' - I missed any reasoned riposte to something you may have disagreed with from behind your screen

Let's see who is appointed in these 'vacated' positions to figure if  President Green is a puppet of Kolomoyskyi