The World's #1 Russian, Ukrainian & Eastern European Discussion & Information Forum - RUA!

This Is the Premier Discussion Forum on the Net for Information and Discussion about Russia, Ukraine, Eastern Europe and the Former Soviet Union. Discuss Culture, Politics, Travelling, Language, International Relationships and More. Chat with Travellers, Locals, Residents and Expats. Ask and Answer Questions about Travel, Culture, Relationships, Applying for Visas, Translators, Interpreters, and More. Give Advice, Read Trip Reports, Share Experiences and Make Friends.

Author Topic: Assange arrested in London - April 2019  (Read 7883 times)

Offline msmoby

• BANNED
  • BANNED
  • Spouses Country: Russia
  • Trips: 20+
Assange arrested in London - April 2019
« on: April 11, 2019, 04:01:19 AM »
Breaking News

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-47891737

That'll save having to pay for a Policeman on duty 24/ 7 - in case he sneaked out ..

"Wikileaks co-founder Julian Assange has been arrested at the Ecuadorian embassy in London.

Mr Assange took refuge in the embassy seven years ago to avoid extradition to Sweden over a sexual assault case that has since been dropped.

The Met Police said he was arrested for failing to surrender to the court.

Ecuador's president Lenin Moreno said it withdrew Mr Assange's asylum after his repeated violations to international conventions."

What now, I wonder ?  An arrest warrant from the USA ? The Swedes ..or will he be released ?

I have never claimed to be a Blue Beret

Spurious claims about 'seeing action' with the Blue Berets are debunked >here<

Here is my Russophobia/Kremlinphobia topic

Offline Wiz

Re: Assange arrested in London - April 2019
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2019, 11:37:55 AM »
Julian Assange arrested inside the Ecuador Embassy
After Ecuador tears up his asylum deal

WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange has been dragged out of the Ecuadorian Embassy in London where he has spent the last seven years. That's after Ecuador's president Moreno withdrew asylum.

That's only a day after WikiLeaks Editor-in-Chief Kristinn Hrafnsson claimed that an extensive spying operation was conducted against Assange in the Ecuadorian Embassy. During an explosive media conference Hrafnsson alleged that the operation was designed to get Assange extradited.

'Collateral Murder': 10 years on from infamous US airstrike

Read More here: Julian Assange arrested inside the Ecuador Embassy
Why the sun does not shine on the Ex- British Empire Anymore? Because God never trusted an Englishman in the dark!

Offline yankee

« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2019, 11:47:28 AM »
about time
What is worse than not being able to get what you don't even want?

Online 2tallbill

• Trips: 10-20
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2019, 12:00:00 PM »
Assange charges could unsettle liberals, conservatives — and Trump
Many liberals and civil rights activists have defended Assange as a journalist
entitled to First Amendment protections. Conservatives have celebrated him
for exposing Hillary Clinton’s emails in 2016. And President Donald Trump,
who declared his “love” for Assange’s website during the 2016 contest, may
have new concerns about whether the focus on Assange has a connection
to special counsel Robert Mueller’s Russia probe.

Read all about it here
https://www.politico.com/story/2018/11/16/julian-assange-charges-wikileaks-997122
FSUW are not for entry level daters. FSUW don't do vague FSUW like a man of action so be a man of action  If you find a promising girl, get your butt on a plane. There are a hundred ways to be successful and a thousand ways to f#ck it up
Kiss the girl, don't ask her first.
Get an apartment not a hotel. DON'T recycle girls

Online 2tallbill

« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2019, 12:03:11 PM »
Assange may risk torture in United States, his lawyer says

I don't know if this is what the author of the story was referring to.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-ecuador-assange-lawyer-spain/assange-may-risk-torture-in-united-states-his-lawyer-says-idUSKCN1RN2CJ
FSUW are not for entry level daters. FSUW don't do vague FSUW like a man of action so be a man of action  If you find a promising girl, get your butt on a plane. There are a hundred ways to be successful and a thousand ways to f#ck it up

Online 2tallbill

« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2019, 12:05:34 PM »
Did you ever have a house guest that didn't know he had smelly
feet and didn't want to leave?

The seven-year itch: Assange's awkward stay in the embassy
The WikiLeaks founder’s visit became uncomfortable for both him and his hosts
https://www.theguardian.com/media/2019/apr/11/how-ecuador-lost-patience-with-houseguest-julian-assange

Online 2tallbill

« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2019, 12:10:36 PM »
NOTE: Moby is running to this thread as quick as his feet can take him
since, the magic words Brexit are in it.

I am setting the over under at 7*

Pamela Anderson flips out over Julian Assange arrest
“How could you UK. ? Of course – you are America’s bitch and you need a diversion
from your idiotic Brexit bulls–t.”

https://pagesix.com/2019/04/11/pamela-anderson-flips-out-over-julian-assange-arrest/?_ga=2.110593286.28225014.1554910023-1672167919.1554054498

* 7 is the over/under
The amount of totally off topic Brexit posts by Moby

Offline msmoby

• BANNED
  • BANNED
« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2019, 12:21:54 PM »
Beel

I started  the thread on Assange.. ))

I thought it best not to say anything about the 'B' word...    :coffeeread:

A great day for the UK in two ways..

Online Markje

• MCMLXXIV
    • Mark's unix pages
  • Spouses Country: Crimea
« Reply #8 on: April 11, 2019, 01:06:14 PM »
about time
for? being expelled? being arrested?

OO===[][]===OO
My first trip to my wife: To Evpatoria!
My road trip to Crimea: Roadtrip to Evpatoria

Offline Wiz

« Reply #9 on: April 11, 2019, 01:36:38 PM »
Did you ever have a house guest that didn't know he had smelly
feet and didn't want to leave?

The seven-year itch: Assange's awkward stay in the embassy
The WikiLeaks founder’s visit became uncomfortable for both him and his hosts
https://www.theguardian.com/media/2019/apr/11/how-ecuador-lost-patience-with-houseguest-julian-assange

Did President Moreno, by any chance, revoked his asylum status .....after Wikileaks has posted the Panama Papers, where his brother was implicated........ now that he become President?

[Trolling removed]
Why the sun does not shine on the Ex- British Empire Anymore? Because God never trusted an Englishman in the dark!

Offline yankee

« Reply #10 on: April 11, 2019, 02:04:33 PM »

Online AvHdB

• Spouses Country: Ukraine, Kiev
« Reply #11 on: April 11, 2019, 08:14:24 PM »
J. Assange lost the support of the Ecuadorian government after there was a democratic change in leadership. What is somewhat odd is the silence of Australia.

My guess he will be extridiated to the United States for trial. The central question will be can he prove he is a journalist or is an anarchist revealing secrets of the United States. Both sides have powerful forces and it will be an interesting court and PR battle.

Personally I am of the opinion that Wiki-Leaks while endangering assets and sources abroad has done a valuable service to public openness and discourse.
“If you aren't in over your head, how do you know how tall you are?” T.S. Eliot

Offline redroo

• Spouses Country: FSU
  • Trips: Semi-Resident
« Reply #12 on: April 11, 2019, 11:35:46 PM »
Oh don't worry, it's big news in Australia.

Funny how it happened not long after the Ecuadorian President had some embarrassing questions to answer.  Seems like he might have thought Wikileaks was involved.

I stand on the side of freedom of information, and have been happy to know (but shocked by) the degree of surveillance we law abiding citizens are subjected to.

Australia, like the UK, are part of the "5 eyes", and as such are easily "blackmailed" by the US Government with the threat of withholding information and co-operation. I suspect the UK Government will allow his extradition, and the Australian Government not seek to intervene on behalf of it's citizen.  Ecuador will soon announce a massive US Aid package  :rouble-smile:  :whist11:

Online andrewfi

• Supporting Member
    • Articles About Almost Anything!
« Reply #13 on: April 12, 2019, 01:34:31 AM »
Yes, unless the extradition was a foregone conclusion Britain would not have done this.

Very nice timing though. Just a few days ago the rumours were swirling that this was going to happen then the Ecuadorian government got in their hind legs to say that it was not, that everything was fine. Journalists who had been staking out the embassy all went home and then down swoops the polis with only RT there to see it.

Given that, for months, there have been journos or at least stringers, staking out the embassy, one wonders whether a quiet word was had with various media outlets and agencies that now might be a good time for their people to have a week off?
...everything ends always well; if it’s still bad, then it’s not the end!

Offline Wiz

« Reply #14 on: April 12, 2019, 04:25:20 AM »
Oh don't worry, it's big news in Australia.

Funny how it happened not long after the Ecuadorian President had some embarrassing questions to answer. Seems like he might have thought Wikileaks was involved.

The US admin was after J. Assange, since the US diplomatic cables released by WikiLeaks in 2010

I understand it was a long time planning operation, by the US. Moreno visited the USA before he was elected President. The Previous one was not friendly with the USA.

Any how watch this video.......

Donald Trump talking about WikiLeaks
during 2016 presidential campaign & Now ;D

I stand on the side of freedom of information, and have been happy to know (but shocked by) the degree of surveillance we law abiding citizens are subjected to.

Australia, like the UK, are part of the "5 eyes", and as such are easily "blackmailed" by the US Government with the threat of withholding information and co-operation. I suspect the UK Government will allow his extradition, and the Australian Government not seek to intervene on behalf of it's citizen.  Ecuador will soon announce a massive US Aid package :rouble-smile:  :whist11:

While I agree with your comments, I was not surprised with the revelations made by Edward Snowden ...... following the previous info published about the erosion of privacy in the US by their administration.

In actual fact, I read somewhere that it was J. Assange who advised Edward Snowden to go via Moscow......... What I am surprised is why J. Assange did not followed his own advice, before going to the Ecuador Embassy and apply for Asylum?

Few days ago, there was a mention on RT that he was going to be removed from the Embassy.....RT left it's camera people to keep an eye.......and few days later by coincident J. Assange was removed from the Embassy. I noticed few minutes later... the BBC copied the video..........without any reference to RT Permission!

Additionally.... it's convenient that it happened during the latest Brexit episode......and be sure.... that the UK Government will take full advantage and use it for "diversion", as they normally all Governments do in such circumstances.

J. Assange finally he will be extradited to the USA. will be charged by various accusations and he will get a total of some 45 years in prison... basically a  "Death Sentence"

tiphat

Offline msmoby

• BANNED
  • BANNED
« Reply #15 on: April 12, 2019, 05:25:49 AM »
Naughty Wiz

The BBC video CLEARLY showed the RUPTLY logo and would be ( rightly) suded if the video was cribbed without credit

WHY do you post such bollox ?

Offline redroo

• Spouses Country: FSU
  • Trips: Semi-Resident
« Reply #16 on: April 12, 2019, 06:11:55 AM »
Hi Wiz,

Yes, the US has been after Julian since around 2011.

He in fact had gone to Sweden partly to investigate moving there because of the greater protection to Journalists. He had after applied for a Russian visa, but before he could travel there Sweden issued the charges (that were later dropped), meaning he could not leave Britain. The sexual assault charges came after one Wikileaks "groupie" found out he had been sleeping with another at the same time. It was reported one stated because she had asked him to use a condom and he did not, therefore she had been sexually assaulted. He refused to travel to Sweden to answer the charges believing that it was just an excuse to extradite him to the US. He  then jumped bail and entered the Ecuador Embassy to claim sanctuary, and now 7 years later here we are.

Obviously he had worn out his welcome, not hard to understand in a small flat with someone who seems slightly eccentric. The new President had said many things, but nothing happened.......until.......he was embarrassed by questions and revelations he blamed on Wikileaks. He then claimed Julian had damaged security equipment, Julian claimed they were spying on him....

As Andrew says, this was setup beautifully. The Australian Prime Minister called an Election that very morning so the Australian press was also distracted. The Australian Government has already stated he will get the same assistance as any other citizen facing justice in a first world country......ie F/all. They will not defend him at all since they have just passed the most repressive internet security laws of any first western country.

Offline msmoby

• BANNED
  • BANNED
« Reply #17 on: April 12, 2019, 06:36:13 AM »

Given that, for months, there have been journos or at least stringers, staking out the embassy, one wonders whether a quiet word was had with various media outlets and agencies that now might be a good time for their people to have a week off?

Given the bun feast to use RUPTLY's footage, we can safely put another afi 'theory' to bed ...

Offline Contrarian

• Trips: 1-5
« Reply #18 on: April 12, 2019, 07:06:00 AM »
I was just watching the BBC early this morning and he’s being accused by the USA of breaking into a top secret Pentagon file and then releasing video of a US military helicopter firing on Iraqi civilians, among other things.

In regards to him having sex with a woman in Sweden but not using a condom per her request all I can reply is what a jerk! Especially if he was having sex with another gal at the same time...what a dummy.  :coffeeread:

Offline yankee

« Reply #19 on: April 12, 2019, 09:06:34 AM »

In regards to him having sex with a woman in Sweden but not using a condom per her request all I can reply is what a jerk! Especially if he was having sex with another gal at the same time...what a dummy.  :coffeeread:

jealous :thumbsup:??

Offline Contrarian

• Trips: 1-5
« Reply #20 on: April 12, 2019, 01:51:54 PM »

jealous :thumbsup:??

Not even remotely. You missed the point entirely!

Jealous of a weirdo who had to live in confinement because he’s a loser who didn’t respect a woman’s wishes?

[Trolling removed]

Offline Wiz

« Reply #21 on: April 12, 2019, 03:10:55 PM »
Hi Wiz,

Yes, the US has been after Julian since around 2011.

He in fact had gone to Sweden partly to investigate moving there because of the greater protection to Journalists. He had after applied for a Russian visa, but before he could travel there Sweden issued the charges (that were later dropped), meaning he could not leave Britain. The sexual assault charges came after one Wikileaks "groupie" found out he had been sleeping with another at the same time. It was reported one stated because she had asked him to use a condom and he did not, therefore she had been sexually assaulted. He refused to travel to Sweden to answer the charges believing that it was just an excuse to extradite him to the US. He  then jumped bail and entered the Ecuador Embassy to claim sanctuary, and now 7 years later here we are.

Obviously he had worn out his welcome, not hard to understand in a small flat with someone who seems slightly eccentric. The new President had said many things, but nothing happened.......until.......he was embarrassed by questions and revelations he blamed on Wikileaks. He then claimed Julian had damaged security equipment, Julian claimed they were spying on him....

As Andrew says, this was setup beautifully. The Australian Prime Minister called an Election that very morning so the Australian press was also distracted. The Australian Government has already stated he will get the same assistance as any other citizen facing justice in a first world country......ie F/all. They will not defend him at all since they have just passed the most repressive internet security laws of any first western country.

Hi Redroo

It is pretty obvious that the 5 Anglo Zionist sisters were forced by the US to plan and act together regarding the removal of Julian Assange from the Ecuador embassy, as Andrew also pointed out and their plan worked perfectly.

Of course it's no coincident that apart from RT (RUPTLY) no other Press people were around. As you say, "The Australian Prime Minister called an Election that very morning so the Australian press was also distracted". The British PM, Teresa May, early morning she went to Brussels for BREXIT talks, before the action by the Police. President Tramp  became Ga Ga and knows nothing about WikiLeaks. I expect the New Zealand and Canada were "Busy" and so on.

Result, (in my view) .....Europe's and slowly around the world....the Papers front pages were dominated by the news that WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange was  facing extradition to the US after he was arrested in London, which ended a 7 year saga in the Ecuadorian Embassy.

Julian Assange will face in the US charges of computer hacking. The Washington Post's Paul Waldman thinks anti-Assange liberals should take a pause before celebrating his arrest:

"The hypocrisy of Trump and his supporters doesn’t tell us much one way or the other about whether it’s a good thing that Assange was arrested. If prosecutors can prove the charge that he attempted to assist in the hacking of government systems, then he can be held accountable for that. But if what’s really at issue is WikiLeaks publishing classified information, we should be concerned about who the Trump administration will go after next."

Offline Wiz

« Reply #22 on: April 12, 2019, 03:59:07 PM »

Her claims were never proven ........ because Julian Assange refused to visit Sweden as he knew the American's were after him and the Swedish will extradite him to the US.

On the other hand when she told him "No sex without Condom" why then she opened her legs and let him give her a good time?

I don't remember her claiming that he forced her!

Oh sorry after she had a good time... then she remember he also was servicing another woman. Blah blah. Any more excuses from the US hunters?  :chuckle:

Can anybody explain to us how WikiLeaks is still operating ... and how do they get the files from the whistleblowers?  ???

Online Markje

• MCMLXXIV
    • Mark's unix pages
  • Spouses Country: Crimea
« Reply #23 on: April 12, 2019, 04:13:48 PM »
about time
for? being expelled? being arrested?

Yes
Being expelled for inexcusable behaviour is to be expected. They did warn him umpteen times through media and also in person, to stop it or he'd be let go.

Being arrested? Nope, sorry i can't agree there.
OO===[][]===OO
My first trip to my wife: To Evpatoria!
My road trip to Crimea: Roadtrip to Evpatoria

Offline BillyB

« Reply #24 on: April 12, 2019, 10:41:12 PM »
He took legal action against Ecuador last year because he didn't like their house rules. Last month Wikileaks released Ecuador's president emails, phone communications expense receipts, and photos of his family which has led to the president getting investigated for corruption.

It's safe to say Assange doesn't know how to be a good house guest, bit off the hand that fed him, and has worn out his welcome. He'll end up being somebody's prison bitch.
Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776. If you want to stop the war in Ukraine, fix elections, stop medical tyranny and forced vaccinations, lower inflation and make America and the world a better place, get Trump back into power. The Democrats and Republicans have shown they can't do the job. They are good at robbing us and getting people killed in non stop wars.

Registration