The World's #1 Russian, Ukrainian & Eastern European Discussion & Information Forum - RUA!

This Is the Premier Discussion Forum on the Net for Information and Discussion about Russia, Ukraine, Eastern Europe and the Former Soviet Union. Discuss Culture, Politics, Travelling, Language, International Relationships and More. Chat with Travellers, Locals, Residents and Expats. Ask and Answer Questions about Travel, Culture, Relationships, Applying for Visas, Translators, Interpreters, and More. Give Advice, Read Trip Reports, Share Experiences and Make Friends.

Author Topic: Is Skype Dead? Has Whatsapp, Wechat or Telegram Taken Over?  (Read 3615 times)

Online andrewfi

• Supporting Member
    • Articles About Almost Anything!
Re: Is Skype Dead? Has Whatsapp, Wechat or Telegram Taken Over?
« Reply #50 on: March 04, 2022, 04:04:04 AM »
Cufflinks, if you think that any Russian is interested in your onanistic fantasy communications then you are deluded.

More than that if you think that any genuine Russian onanism target will be interested in setting up a new communications route to communicate with you then you are even more delusional than you portray yourself here.

Apart from anything else, who uses email for anything other than checking what spam has been received overnight? Certainly it ain't used by many inhabitants of the modern world for casual communications.

I and my sister are still trying in vain to get our octogenarian mother to use a chat service on her phone. It seems like you and she might be a good match!
...everything ends always well; if it’s still bad, then it’s not the end!

Offline Manny

• Spouses Country: Russia
  • Trips: 20+
« Reply #51 on: March 04, 2022, 01:39:41 PM »
Apart from anything else, who uses email for anything other than checking what spam has been received overnight? Certainly, it ain't used by many inhabitants of the modern world for casual communications.

I disagree. It's used in business. You don't do business over Whatsapp.
Read a trip report from North Korea >>here<< - Read a trip report from South Korea, China and Hong Kong >>here<<

Look what the American media makes some people believe:
Putin often threatens to strike US with nuclear weapons.

Online andrewfi

• Supporting Member
« Reply #52 on: March 04, 2022, 02:25:24 PM »
Apart from anything else, who uses email for anything other than checking what spam has been received overnight? Certainly, it ain't used by many inhabitants of the modern world for casual communications.

As you know I do not use Whatsapp. Although, to be fair, I have started using it with one client where the app is used to communicate within the business along with Loom.  (not a chat app)
However, while I cannot speak for all businesses all around the world, I can note the huge increase in the use of chat apps, mainly using text, but increasingly using video, for business purposes. Here's something for you: https://www.reworked.co/collaboration-productivity/will-chat-replace-email/

In my business email still has a place, but in terms of the volume of messages, email is but a very small part of my communication flow, just as it is for many businesses globally, both internally and externally.

Online Markje

• MCMLXXIV
    • Mark's unix pages
  • Spouses Country: Crimea
  • Trips: 20+
« Reply #53 on: March 04, 2022, 02:33:43 PM »

- Business
- Information and Document exchanges
- Sales
- Thoughts that require more than a few seconds on whatsapp attention-span.
- Sending cute meme's and cats (ah no that WAS whatsapp)
- Planning a project with other businesses

Mark.
OO===[][]===OO
My first trip to my wife: To Evpatoria!
My road trip to Crimea: Roadtrip to Evpatoria

Online andrewfi

• Supporting Member
« Reply #54 on: March 04, 2022, 02:37:54 PM »
Yes, useful for all of those things. However, as I need the relative volume of communication has shifted way toward instant messaging. Check the link I shared. It is one of many that all say the same things.

For me, it is a shame. I do not much like the always-on, instant access thing and the tendency to a lack of thought before sending leads to miscommunication that I do not like.

But it is real, it is there.

Online andrewfi

• Supporting Member
« Reply #55 on: March 04, 2022, 02:39:15 PM »
Oh, planning a project. Loom and chat - pretty damn fine actually. And easy, instant, callback to previous messages and files, that's very handy.

Offline cufflinks

• Supporting Member
  • Trips: 1-5
« Reply #56 on: March 04, 2022, 02:49:06 PM »
Cufflinks, if you think that any Russian is interested in your onanistic fantasy communications then you are deluded.

More than that if you think that any genuine Russian onanism target will be interested in setting up a new communications route to communicate with you then you are even more delusional than you portray yourself here.

Apart from anything else, who uses email for anything other than checking what spam has been received overnight? Certainly it ain't used by many inhabitants of the modern world for casual communications.

I and my sister are still trying in vain to get our octogenarian mother to use a chat service on her phone. It seems like you and she might be a good match!

Classic A-fifi arseholitry disrespecting me and your Mother at the same time - I can see a severe Dark Web Doxxing coming your way soon by some angry Lethal Armed Ukrainian men.