The World's #1 Russian, Ukrainian & Eastern European Discussion & Information Forum - RUA!

This Is the Premier Discussion Forum on the Net for Information and Discussion about Russia, Ukraine, Eastern Europe and the Former Soviet Union. Discuss Culture, Politics, Travelling, Language, International Relationships and More. Chat with Travellers, Locals, Residents and Expats. Ask and Answer Questions about Travel, Culture, Relationships, Applying for Visas, Translators, Interpreters, and More. Give Advice, Read Trip Reports, Share Experiences and Make Friends.

Author Topic: Romania  (Read 8735 times)

Offline msmoby

• BANNED
  • BANNED
  • Spouses Country: Russia
  • Trips: 20+
Re Rosco's constant need to make up stuff
« Reply #25 on: March 20, 2019, 05:45:21 AM »

Great question.

Then why was I not allowed to answer?....

It is most odd that liberals like Moby, continually lie to protect groups of people who we all know to be problematic. The Guardian is a nest for these types and reading comments attributed to bias news posts is somewhat predictable if not a little bamboozling.

This Tory voting 'liberal' is once again wondering at why you are making stuff up about someone with whom you cannot agree

You are fibbing..not I.. 

Pointing out ignorance rec'Muslima' or Romanians is not lying...  It is my experience..

Suggesting someone receiving the Torygrapgh daily inquirer Guardian reader is always funny, though..

Take last weeks events for example. A post reporting the mosque attack predictably had fuzzy lefty's all falling over each other to point out that the guy must be labeled a terrorist immediately and that all should take note that this was an attack carried out by a white male with far right views on a poor and innocent muslim group.

The same wally's then fail to virtue signal when other events happen around the globe, caused by said muslim group, in disproportionate numbers.  :'( 

Unlike your goodself, I refrain from engaging re such violent acts..as to the 'motivation' until much more is known..

Tell us Moby, why do you and your lefty friends lie and virtue signal to protect said groups who should be under the microscope? Why do you lot get more worked up about the made up gender pay gap and other made up liberal shyte than say, the child grooming and abuse from Pakistani sex gangs?

'lefty friends'?

Don't you mean friends who might be from countries where they would be regarded as Muslims?

I do not have too many 'lefty friends'..   I do know some exceedingly intelligent people whose politics might not match mine and we do not feel the need to attach daft labels or indulge in violent acts...or call each other names..

Speaking personally, ignorant people..who generalise lots and who are not aware they demonstrate such traits amuse

I have never claimed to be a Blue Beret

Spurious claims about 'seeing action' with the Blue Berets are debunked >here<

Here is my Russophobia/Kremlinphobia topic

Offline Manny

Re: Re Rosco's constant need to make up stuff
« Reply #26 on: March 20, 2019, 12:40:44 PM »
I do not have too many 'lefty friends'.. 

Fixed that for you.  :coffeeread:

I won’t bother replying to your ramblings, other than to suggest you are lying and are incorrect, because it reminds me of wrestling with a pig: you get dirty and the pig enjoys it.
Read a trip report from North Korea >>here<< - Read a trip report from South Korea, China and Hong Kong >>here<<

Look what the American media makes some people believe:
Putin often threatens to strike US with nuclear weapons.

Offline msmoby

• BANNED
  • BANNED
Re: Romania
« Reply #27 on: March 20, 2019, 09:52:38 PM »
Pooh that was bitchy... But I didn't expect you to deal with fact...

You need  to deal with your own issues much closer to home....

Villagers can be such gossips..

Online Guile

« Reply #28 on: March 20, 2019, 11:01:23 PM »
Roma people are Indian looking not European...saw a few of them begging while I was in Russia..sad

Offline Manny

« Reply #29 on: March 21, 2019, 12:26:00 PM »

Nice try.  :ROFL:
Read a trip report from North Korea >>here<< - Read a trip report from South Korea, China and Hong Kong >>here<<

Offline msmoby

• BANNED
  • BANNED
« Reply #30 on: March 21, 2019, 10:20:44 PM »

Nice try.  :ROFL:

Indeed, I sank to your level ...

Online rosco

• Supporting Member
  • Trips: 10-20
« Reply #31 on: March 22, 2019, 05:46:57 AM »
Quote from: Rosco
Irrespective of what Moby says, unless you're in Bucharest city centre, the vast majority Romanians you'll encounter in Europe are gypsies, tramps and thieves.

Utter twaddle.  So typical of you. You do know that the UK govt can exclude criminals from entering the UK even if EU citizens..

Utter twaddle indeed. You're again lying because you can't help yourself. If the UK government has the capability and ability to exclude criminals from entering the UK from the EU, then why are the jails full of them, why are organised criminal gangs from Romania freely operating in the big cities, why is it that I did a simple google search and an array of links popped up?

https://www.google.com/search?ei=h9aUXOnaNLqu1fAPs6So-AM&q=romanian+criminals+come+into+uk+undetected&oq=romanian+criminals+come+into+uk+undetected&gs_l=psy-ab.3...9515.13685..13926...0.0..0.166.2501.9j14......0....1..gws-wiz.......0i22i30j33i160j33i21j33i22i29i30.BqJCL3UDlD0

Are you saying that the government has chosen to let them in? I say the government can't control it. If you dispute all this then I'm afraid you're very much a fuzzy thinking lefty, possibly with no friends.

Romanians like the Muzzies, cause a disproportionate amount of crime yet you lot argue until your blue in the face. Sadly, some of you lot campaign for more to be imported and even after your own wives and daughters have been raped or murderd, you still don't have the balls to say you're wrong.

Most Romanians are decent people. A disproportionate number of Romanian's emigrating to wealthy European countries are beggars, tramps & criminals.   

Offline Manny

« Reply #32 on: March 22, 2019, 06:21:41 AM »
Romanians like the Muzzies, cause a disproportionate amount of crime yet you lot argue until your blue in the face. Sadly, some of you lot campaign for more to be imported and even after your own wives and daughters have been raped or murdered, you still don't have the balls to say you're wrong.

I don't know what it is about the loony left that makes them lie so, when we can all see as plain as the long nose on Moby's face that your comments are correct and his patently wrong. You will know of course that Moby has 167 close Romanian friends he happens to be sat with at this very moment who are surely all sat in their stolen mercs laughing their arses off at our "howlers".  :chuckle:

Most Romanians are decent people. A disproportionate number of Romanian's emigrating to wealthy European countries are beggars, tramps & criminals.

You have clarified something I wasn't clear enough on earlier: I'm sure that the majority of people in Romania are alright, as people anywhere are. The ones we get here are their dregs of society by the look of it and the afore-mentioned gypsies, tramps and thieves.

Offline Dogsoldier

• Supporting Member
  • Spouses Country: Україна
« Reply #33 on: March 22, 2019, 06:55:59 AM »
Romanians like the Muzzies, cause a disproportionate amount of crime yet you lot argue until your blue in the face. Sadly, some of you lot campaign for more to be imported and even after your own wives and daughters have been raped or murdered, you still don't have the balls to say you're wrong.

I don't know what it is about the loony left that makes them lie so, when we can all see as plain as the long nose on Moby's face that your comments are correct and his patently wrong. You will know of course that Moby has 167 close Romanian friends he happens to be sat with at this very moment who are surely all sat in their stolen mercs laughing their arses off at our "howlers".  :chuckle:

You have clarified something I wasn't clear enough on earlier: I'm sure that the majority of people in Romania are alright, as people anywhere are. The ones we get here are their dregs of society by the look of it and the afore-mentioned gypsies, tramps and thieves.
I have some Romanian ancestry, thankfully not of the gippo variety and regrettably, it is a fair statement that the vast majority of ‘Romanians’ living across the EU and in Britain are of the kind who thieve and  cheat and scrounge off the state.
The UK prison figures reflect this.

Offline msmoby

• BANNED
  • BANNED
Re: Romania and Rosco's ignorance of EU Directives
« Reply #34 on: March 22, 2019, 07:46:01 AM »

Quote from: Rosco
Irrespective of what Moby says, unless you're in Bucharest city centre, the vast majority Romanians you'll encounter in Europe are gypsies, tramps and thieves.

Utter twaddle.  So typical of you. You do know that the UK govt can exclude criminals from entering the UK even if EU citizens..

Utter twaddle indeed. You're again lying because you can't help yourself. If the UK government has the capability and ability to exclude criminals from entering the UK from the EU, then why are the jails full of them, why are organised criminal gangs from Romania freely operating in the big cities, why is it that I did a simple google search and an array of links popped up?

It is truly STUPID to suggest 'lying' to someone who is clearly more conversant with EU Directives to which the UK is obligated to obey ..

Where such a decision is taken, it must be in line with the following principles:
• the decision must comply with the principle of proportionality
• the decision must be based exclusively on the personal conduct of the person
concerned
• the personal conduct of the individual concerned must represent a genuine,
present and sufficiently serious threat affecting one of the fundamental interests
of society, taking into account past conduct of the individual and that the threat
does not need to be imminent
• matters isolated from the particulars of the case or which relate to
considerations of general prevention do not justify the decision
• the individual’s previous criminal convictions do not in themselves justify the
decision
• the decision may be taken on preventative grounds, even in the absence of a
previous criminal conviction, provided the grounds are specific to the person

Romanians like the Muzzies, cause a disproportionate amount of crime yet you lot argue until your blue in the face. Sadly, some of you lot campaign for more to be imported and even after your own wives and daughters have been raped or murderd, you still don't have the balls to say you're wrong.

More inaccurate, Ill-informed , ignorance from Rosco..

Offline msmoby

• BANNED
  • BANNED
Re: Romania and DS' ignorance of Stats
« Reply #35 on: March 22, 2019, 07:53:52 AM »

I have some Romanian ancestry, thankfully not of the gippo variety and regrettably, it is a fair statement that the vast majority of ‘Romanians’ living across the EU and in Britain are of the kind who thieve and  cheat and scrounge off the state.

So based on your stats.. Lithuanians are proportionally more criminal than Romanians?...Based on population ratio..

Well now... 

Anyone else got any other daft prejudices they need exorcised?

Offline Dogsoldier

• Supporting Member
« Reply #36 on: March 22, 2019, 02:47:23 PM »

So based on your stats.. Lithuanians are proportionally more criminal than Romanians?...Based on population ratio..

Well now... 

Anyone else got any other daft prejudices they need exorcised?
And true to form Moby uses his tried and tested method, better known as the MobySwerve, to change the parameters of the discussion.
Apart from copying and pasting from the Europa site to bolster his vast knowledge of
EU directives.

Online AvHdB

• Spouses Country: Ukraine, Kiev
Re: Romania and Moby's intransigent stupidity.
« Reply #37 on: March 22, 2019, 03:28:40 PM »
Moby do you have any other daft prejudices stupidity that needs exorcised education?

Part of the ignorance of Moby is that he cannot differentiate between two different ethnic groups. I suspect Romanians in general are decent people as far as you'd expect from someone in Eastern Europe. The Roma or gypsies are an entirely different matter. But Moby cannot or will not see that reality.

“If you aren't in over your head, how do you know how tall you are?” T.S. Eliot

Offline msmoby

• BANNED
  • BANNED
Re: Romania..what DS and others will not concede Being WRONG..
« Reply #38 on: March 22, 2019, 08:21:02 PM »

And true to form Moby uses his tried and tested method, better known as the MobySwerve, to change the parameters of the discussion.
Apart from copying and pasting from the Europa site to bolster his vast knowledge of
EU directives.

Dear DS

Copy and pasting FACT ..the law..to bust the bollox being written here..and you 'object'?))

Naturally, I know the wording of this particular Directive..given I have had to break it over the head of govt 'legal experts' who needed to read it, properly..

You and others have contended that Romanians are a 'crime wave'..I merely proved that it is an inaccurate portrayal...given the example re Lithuanians..

If you still wish to resort to daft labels, having been busted for inaccuracies... your chosen 'slur' will continue to amuse..

Offline msmoby

• BANNED
  • BANNED
Re: Romania and AvHdB's inattentiveness.
« Reply #39 on: March 22, 2019, 08:51:05 PM »
Moby do you have any other daft prejudices stupidity that needs exorcised education?

Part of the ignorance of Moby is that he cannot differentiate between two different ethnic groups. I suspect Romanians in general are decent people as far as you'd expect from someone in Eastern Europe. The Roma or gypsies are an entirely different matter. But Moby cannot or will not see that reality.

Unlike AvHdB, I am quite aware of the common issue of Roma folk being  associated with 'Romanian'

I can understand much of Romanian when written..given it's Latin base..

Roma are to be found in Kiev and Tbilisi ( example)  ..they are prevalent in The Czech Republic, Slovakia, Bulgaria CV and there are 12 million of them.. the largest ethnic group without nationhood in Europe.

As usual, AvHdB seems to be describing himself....

Offline Dogsoldier

• Supporting Member
Re: Tome to Boot Moby out.
« Reply #40 on: March 23, 2019, 10:35:03 AM »

EU directives.

Dear DS

Copy and pasting FACT ..the law..to bust the bollox being written here..and you 'object'?))

Naturally, I know the wording of this particular Directive..given I have had to break it over the head of govt 'legal experts' who needed to read it, properly..

You and others have contended that Romanians are a 'crime wave'..I merely proved that it is an inaccurate portrayal...given the example re Lithuanians..

If you still wish to resort to daft labels, having been busted for inaccuracies... your chosen 'slur' will continue to amuse..
But but but, the Lithuanians do it too........
How does that in any way negate the fact that the Roma engage in criminal activity?
Quoting chapter and verse and parading your self proclaimed ‘knowledge’ of EU directives doesn’t change that fact.
Stop your BS. People are tired of it.

This *snip* needs booting off the forum permanently.

Offline Wiz

Re: Romania and Rosco's ignorance of EU Directives
« Reply #41 on: March 23, 2019, 12:11:15 PM »

It is truly STUPID to suggest 'lying' to someone who is clearly more conversant with EU Directives to which the UK is obligated to obey ..

Where such a decision is taken, it must be in line with the following principles:
• the decision must comply with the principle of proportionality
• the decision must be based exclusively on the personal conduct of the person
concerned
• the personal conduct of the individual concerned must represent a genuine,
present and sufficiently serious threat affecting one of the fundamental interests
of society, taking into account past conduct of the individual and that the threat
does not need to be imminent
• matters isolated from the particulars of the case or which relate to
considerations of general prevention do not justify the decision
• the individual’s previous criminal convictions do not in themselves justify the
decision
• the decision may be taken on preventative grounds, even in the absence of a
previous criminal conviction, provided the grounds are specific to the person

If you are so conversant with the Directive 2004/38/EU why then you encountered so many problems with the Cypriot and British Authorities?

I had none, from start to finish and was all FREE, until she applied for her UK Nationality.

I see Copy and paste does not apply to you as also not providing links to source ......
or it's your own text ?

:evilgrin0002:

Why the sun does not shine on the Ex- British Empire Anymore? Because God never trusted an Englishman in the dark!

Online AvHdB

Re: Romania and Mobybeing stupid
« Reply #42 on: March 23, 2019, 01:14:26 PM »

Unlike AvHdB, I am quite aware of the common issue of Roma folk being  associated with 'Romanian'

Roma are to be found in Kiev and Tbilisi ( example)  ..they are prevalent in The Czech Republic, Slovakia, Bulgaria CV and there are 12 million of them.. the largest ethnic group without nationhood in Europe.

As usual, AvHdB seems to be describing himself....

Yet another Moby swerve.

You contradict your self so much Moby that I am surprised you are not hanging from the masthead knotted upon in a halyard. The Roma are dispersed across the world. They survive by deception, outright theft or begging/panhandling. When things do not go there way they tend to burn the evidence. As in a collection of irreplaceable art work.

Of course Moby knows and lodges with Roma across Europe. They are just misunderstood according to the sage Moby.

Online AvHdB

« Reply #43 on: March 23, 2019, 01:26:17 PM »

Online Guile

Re: Romania and AvHdB's inattentiveness.
« Reply #44 on: March 23, 2019, 02:47:23 PM »

Your language skills are pitiful...you had 2 Russian "wives" and yet can barely speak a proper phrase in Russian... so now you say you can read Romanian because it is Latin based?  LIE...

French, Italian, Spanish are Latin based. Don't tell me you are fluent in reading all of them too  :GRRRR: :GRRRR:

Offline Olga_Mouse

• Trips: Resident
Romania - interesting thread!
« Reply #45 on: April 25, 2019, 02:43:49 AM »
Omega when you say the city, I assume you mean Bucharest?

I was there about 18 months ago for 4 nights and had a great time.

Reading this thread with a great interest  :popcorn:, 'cause I'm scheduled to visit Romania in the end of June.

To tell the truth, I also had some worries when doing business with Romanians - but so far things run more or less normal. Fee payment either in due time, or with minimal delay; flight tickets booked; suggested hotel is nice.

Some minor troubles with information (links to photos and videos approved by the artists and designed to be used for advertising) being lost along the way from the booking agent => via promoter => via advertising manager => to the actual tech who develops the visual design; but after a few kicks they quickly exchange the dreadful pics found on the web with the officially approved visuals.

I was a bit lost with visa question - 'cause I presumed that Romania is in Shengen area; the promoter's logistic manager told me it is not. But it seems I still can entry with my 5-year French multi-entry?  ???
Leaving Russia is not an emigration, rather an evacuation.

Online Markje

• MCMLXXIV
    • Mark's unix pages
  • Spouses Country: Crimea
« Reply #46 on: April 25, 2019, 05:02:15 AM »
OO===[][]===OO
My first trip to my wife: To Evpatoria!
My road trip to Crimea: Roadtrip to Evpatoria

Offline Olga_Mouse

• Trips: Resident
« Reply #47 on: April 25, 2019, 09:01:54 AM »
Romania is not yet part of shengen, but it will be very soon, see:

https://www.schengenvisainfo.com/news/european-parliament-votes-to-admit-bulgaria-and-romania-to-schengen-area/

Yep, so it seems they are letting in those who have "normal" Schengen visas...  :-\
Leaving Russia is not an emigration, rather an evacuation.

Online rosco

• Supporting Member
Re: Romania - interesting thread!
« Reply #48 on: August 13, 2019, 04:43:38 AM »
Omega when you say the city, I assume you mean Bucharest?

I was there about 18 months ago for 4 nights and had a great time.

Reading this thread with a great interest  :popcorn:, 'cause I'm scheduled to visit Romania in the end of June.

To tell the truth, I also had some worries when doing business with Romanians - but so far things run more or less normal. Fee payment either in due time, or with minimal delay; flight tickets booked; suggested hotel is nice.

Some minor troubles with information (links to photos and videos approved by the artists and designed to be used for advertising) being lost along the way from the booking agent => via promoter => via advertising manager => to the actual tech who develops the visual design; but after a few kicks they quickly exchange the dreadful pics found on the web with the officially approved visuals.

I was a bit lost with visa question - 'cause I presumed that Romania is in Shengen area; the promoter's logistic manager told me it is not. But it seems I still can entry with my 5-year French multi-entry?  ???

How did the trip go Olga? Would be interested to get your take on the place.