The World's #1 Russian, Ukrainian & Eastern European Discussion & Information Forum - RUA!

This Is the Premier Discussion Forum on the Net for Information and Discussion about Russia, Ukraine, Eastern Europe and the Former Soviet Union. Discuss Culture, Politics, Travelling, Language, International Relationships and More. Chat with Travellers, Locals, Residents and Expats. Ask and Answer Questions about Travel, Culture, Relationships, Applying for Visas, Translators, Interpreters, and More. Give Advice, Read Trip Reports, Share Experiences and Make Friends.

Author Topic: Romania  (Read 8694 times)

Offline Omega1982

• Spouses Country: Not determined / USA
  • Trips: 5-10
Romania
« on: March 15, 2019, 02:21:15 PM »
As I've stated here before I love to travel.  I've seen all of Eastern Europe and I was only missing Romania.  So recently I decided to spend a couple of days there.  I want to share some thoughts and ideas.  The airport is quite old and in bad shape, as is some parts of the city.  I wonder why the dating scene didn't take off in Romania, because it looks worse than Ukraine.  Also the excessive graffiti and some shady individuals roaming the streets and the presence of all the massage parlors and the sort, shows lack of a strong government.  I was told by a restaurant manager not to take a taxi because they will rip you off.  Before I arrived I looked some of the few profiles from Romania on the dating sites and many were outright scammers / fake profiles and others were age 30 for example and looking for a guy up to 70 so this is obviously fake.  Yet the old architecture is beautiful, there's a lot to see and the women are stunningly beautiful.  Any thoughts? 

Offline Steveboy

• Commercial Member
  • Trips: Resident
Re: Romania
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2019, 02:42:19 PM »
As I've stated here before I love to travel.  I've seen all of Eastern Europe and I was only missing Romania.  So recently I decided to spend a couple of days there.  I want to share some thoughts and ideas.  The airport is quite old and in bad shape, as is some parts of the city.  I wonder why the dating scene didn't take off in Romania, because it looks worse than Ukraine.  Also the excessive graffiti and some shady individuals roaming the streets and the presence of all the massage parlors and the sort, shows lack of a strong government.  I was told by a restaurant manager not to take a taxi because they will rip you off.  Before I arrived I looked some of the few profiles from Romania on the dating sites and many were outright scammers / fake profiles and others were age 30 for example and looking for a guy up to 70 so this is obviously fake.  Yet the old architecture is beautiful, there's a lot to see and the women are stunningly beautiful.  Any thoughts?

Stay away from the place, there are all gypsies there.. I have a friend who has a business there , he dumped his Romanian Gf last week.. lucky he also has a business here , said that's it for Romanian girls back to Russian..

Have a few sign up to the web site 99% of the time they are web can girls..

Wife isn't keen on them either.. ;D

I did hear they like lots of sex also so unless you have plenty of stamina like 2/3 times every day stay away :laugh:
I support no government anywhere, ever, never. No institution, No religion!!

Offline Manny

• Spouses Country: Russia
  • Trips: 20+
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2019, 03:28:35 PM »
England is full of Romanians. Gypsies, tramps and thieves travelling Europe in search of social benefits (free money). Horrendous fat women wearing robes, sandals and primary coloured socks stalk our streets thieving and pickpocketing. We lost a mobile phone to one of them only a few weeks ago....

There was once a bloke here who married one of those women. He became very angry here and had to leave. I’m not sure what became of him or his marriage. I expect she is long gone but who knows?

Romania is the armpit of Europe. I expect it is mostly empty because most of them are in England stealing, thieving, robbing, mugging, pickpocketing, claiming benefits and stealing our healthcare and benefits. They are the parasites of Europe.
Read a trip report from North Korea >>here<< - Read a trip report from South Korea, China and Hong Kong >>here<<

Look what the American media makes some people believe:
Putin often threatens to strike US with nuclear weapons.

Online Markje

• MCMLXXIV
    • Mark's unix pages
  • Spouses Country: Crimea
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2019, 04:20:27 PM »
Whether it is earned or not I do not know but, Romanians have a bad reputation in NL also.

Same complaints. Thieves, rippoffs, scammers, etc.
OO===[][]===OO
My first trip to my wife: To Evpatoria!
My road trip to Crimea: Roadtrip to Evpatoria

Offline dcguyusa

• Spouses Country: North America, South America, Europe, Asia
  • Trips: None Yet
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2019, 04:35:14 PM »
I did hear they like lots of sex also so unless you have plenty of stamina like 2/3 times every day stay away :laugh:

Nymphos?   Manna from heaven.   :loving: :ROFL: 
An uninformed opponent is a dangerous opponent.

"Y'all be makin shit up" ~ Markeith Loyd

Offline dcguyusa

• Spouses Country: North America, South America, Europe, Asia
  • Trips: None Yet
« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2019, 04:37:29 PM »
England is full of Romanians. Gypsies, tramps and thieves travelling Europe in search of social benefits

Hmmm.. I think this a potential plagiarism of the Cher song.   :chuckle:
An uninformed opponent is a dangerous opponent.

"Y'all be makin shit up" ~ Markeith Loyd

Offline msmoby

• BANNED
  • BANNED
« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2019, 09:54:07 PM »
1/ Romania does is not a former FSU or Stan...

2/ The usual culprits posting generalised rascistfibs about the vast majority of Romanians.

'Romany' folk are to be found all over Europe... Romanian people are not Romany..

Romanians are being exploited for cheap labour as muchvas they are a 'crime wave'...  I worked with several in Cyprus..

I know a single RU Lithuanian woman in Manchester who has lived in the UK 7 years and she is  ot entitled to benefits...

Why do some folks think the 'leave' style scare stories re 'bad' migrants will still wash?

Personally, speaking I like brunette women, but I would not say Romanian women are as attractive as those from the FSU as mixing ethnically was less common.

To each his own.
I have never claimed to be a Blue Beret

Spurious claims about 'seeing action' with the Blue Berets are debunked >here<

Here is my Russophobia/Kremlinphobia topic

Offline Steveboy

• Commercial Member
« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2019, 11:31:46 PM »
Last trip to London..

A few Romanians..

I also have a friend from Romania, he is a web developer known him 10 years, in that 10 years he has made no money, still trying and waiting for the jackpot, he has made several web sites and given up after 12 months! Why , usual wanted a fast buck .. given up with each one , to much hard work ..on his next project already..

You'll find thousands of them in Sweden, just arrive at Gothenburg railway station.. hold on to your bags!!

Offline Omega1982

• Spouses Country: Not determined / USA
  • Trips: 5-10
« Reply #8 on: March 16, 2019, 09:22:15 AM »
England is full of Romanians. Gypsies, tramps and thieves travelling Europe in search of social benefits

Manny doesn't believe in copyright infringement.  He learned this from the Chinese. 

Offline Manny

« Reply #9 on: March 17, 2019, 03:37:40 PM »
2/ The usual culprits posting generalised rascistfibs about the vast majority of Romanians.

Do tell us about this ‘racism’ and who the ‘usual suspects’ are? While you are about it, tell us what race Romanians are in order that people can be ‘racist’ towards them?

Naturally, we expect that you will claim to have 367 of them as personal friends and most of them will be sat at your elbow right now howling at the howlers, etc., et al.
Read a trip report from North Korea >>here<< - Read a trip report from South Korea, China and Hong Kong >>here<<

Offline Manny

« Reply #10 on: March 17, 2019, 03:41:58 PM »

Manny doesn't believe in copyright infringement.  He learned this from the Chinese.

I have to have a working knowledge of copyright infringement, after all, Wiz posts here.  :coffeeread:

Offline msmoby

• BANNED
  • BANNED
« Reply #11 on: March 17, 2019, 04:27:16 PM »
Manny, you know you are wearing the cap and are in your usual denial mode, having posted bollox.

I have no one around me... The Nortern Qtr is quiet...

Offline rosco

• Supporting Member
  • Trips: 10-20
« Reply #12 on: March 18, 2019, 04:59:57 AM »
Omega when you say the city, I assume you mean Bucharest?

I was there about 18 months ago for 4 nights and had a great time. I thought much of Bucharest was quite pretty, plenty interesting parks, rivers and architecture and generally pretty clean. Lot's of great places to eat and drink too and good value. Like all cities, I suspect it has its slum areas but we never visited. I also don't remember that the airport was all that bad?

We organised some mini bus trips to some of the usual sights, long days as its a big old country. Transylvania, Dracula's castle, Pele's castle, Brasov etc. We stopped in quite a few random places for drinks and food, had a ball. We ended up high in the mountains in some restaurant on the Sat night which had bags of character. Animal pelts on the walls, wooden chalet type set up and a pickled veg vault downstairs which the owner insisted on us touring. The food was great and we had far too much beer, wine and palinca! Ended up being about 20 quid ahead which was unbelievable. The other guests and staff thought we were reasonably famous with our bring everything approach and song singing behaviour. Bloody great day out!

I also thought that Romania had plenty good looking women out and about, particularly in Bucharest where there is a pretty affluent scene amongst city professionals (in Romanian terms). It was a far cry from the typical gypsy look with people being well dressed and well mannered.

On the other hand, I do think that the Romanian culture has one which celebrates the scam. We were told by a younger city lad that the Romanians generally find it acceptable to cheat people out of money and its a weakness on the victims part if the are parted with their cash. We didn't have an awful lot of trouble and yes, we may have paid more in a few bars but it wasn't noticeable and still cheap by UK city standards. I think one of my mates challenged a bar tender once and he said, "but you guys can afford it"??

This was no better illustrated during our taxi back to the airport. It cost 6 of us about £15 on the way in but on the way home we were all a bit tired, merry and not particularly bothered that the mini bus driver charged us £40. I asked him about it and he just smiled and shrugged! Karma has a funny way of evening things up and when he opened the side door to let us in, I found 50 Euro lying on the floor from the last guest so I waved it at him, smiled and shrugged back.

He was gutted but I could tell that he accepted it because this was Romanian rules!!  ;D

All that said, the Romanians we come into contact with across the cities in Europe are the dregs of their society. No money, possibly no hope but they have access to our world via the EU. Some come to beg, some come to steal and others set up organised crime gangs. Irrespective of what Moby says, unless you're in Bucharest city centre, the vast majority Romanians you'll encounter in Europe are gypsies, tramps and thieves. One of my mates who was on the trip said that he'd asked a Romanian female colleague, who lives in Ireland now, about Romania pre trip. Even she said, watch your valuables and don't get scammed.......

Offline Steveboy

• Commercial Member
« Reply #13 on: March 18, 2019, 05:51:19 AM »
"but you guys can afford it"?? That exactly sums it up!

It means if you have worked bloody hard for a living you should be willing to give some of that hard earned cash to someone who has never heard of the word "Hard work" it doesn't exist in their vocabulary , who want's to work ? Why should I work? Im not paid enough to work.. usual mentality ..

Offline Manny

« Reply #14 on: March 18, 2019, 05:52:45 AM »
Manny, you know you are wearing the cap and are in your usual denial mode, having posted bollox.

What are you blathering about? You Guardianistas support any and all immigrants and lie your arses off to protect them. Why?

Still waiting for you to tell us what race Romanians are to support your knee jerk cry of "racism ". Take your time.  :chuckle:

Offline Annushka

« Reply #15 on: March 18, 2019, 07:42:36 AM »
Most Romanians are Orthodox Christians who zealously observe religious holidays.  :thumbsup:

At 28 minutes in my video there is a map of the countries of residence of the Gypsies. Here he lead sedentary lifestyle.  tiphat

Offline rosco

• Supporting Member
« Reply #16 on: March 18, 2019, 08:05:30 AM »

What are you blathering about? You Guardianistas support any and all immigrants and lie your arses off to protect them. Why?

Still waiting for you to tell us what race Romanians are to support your knee jerk cry of "racism ". Take your time.  :chuckle:

Great question.

It is most odd that liberals like Moby, continually lie to protect groups of people who we all know to be problematic. The Guardian is a nest for these types and reading comments attributed to bias news posts is somewhat predictable if not a little bamboozling.

Take last weeks events for example. A post reporting the mosque attack predictably had fuzzy lefty's all falling over each other to point out that the guy must be labeled a terrorist immediately and that all should take note that this was an attack carried out by a white male with far right views on a poor and innocent muslim group.

The same wally's then fail to virtue signal when other events happen around the globe, caused by said muslim group, in disproportionate numbers.  :'(

Tell us Moby, why do you and your lefty friends lie and virtue signal to protect said groups who should be under the microscope? Why do you lot get more worked up about the made up gender pay gap and other made up liberal shyte than say, the child grooming and abuse from Pakistani sex gangs?

Offline Halo

« Reply #17 on: March 19, 2019, 10:04:29 AM »
http://ruadventures.com/forum/index.php/topic,27864.msg491187.html#msg491187

Those aren't Romanians, they are Roma.  They are an ethnic minority in Romania. 
After the fall of communism, the biggest mistake Boris Yeltsin's regime made was not to disband the KGB altogether. Instead it changed its name to the FSB and, to many observers, morphed into a gangster organisation, eventually headed by master criminal Vladimir Putin. - Gerard Batten

Online AvHdB

• Spouses Country: Ukraine, Kiev
« Reply #18 on: March 19, 2019, 10:30:05 AM »
If I'm not mistaken a number of years ago we had a member named Paul? Who was married to a woman from Romania. He was a bit sensitive, a photographer but he made a number of rather interesting observations regarding the country and the people.

Would be worthwhile looking back into them if one desires more background.
“If you aren't in over your head, how do you know how tall you are?” T.S. Eliot

Offline rosco

• Supporting Member
« Reply #19 on: March 19, 2019, 02:22:41 PM »
http://ruadventures.com/forum/index.php/topic,27864.msg491187.html#msg491187

Those aren't Romanians, they are Roma.  They are an ethnic minority in Romania.

Is that not a bit like saying Asian people who are born in Scotland for example, aren’t Scottish?

Or ethnic Chinese born in Canada not being Canadian?

Offline Halo

« Reply #20 on: March 19, 2019, 02:37:49 PM »
When Asian people in Scotland start self segregating in villages, don't send their children to school with locals, marry their daughters off in arranged marriages to those from their own "tribe", often at ages far less than is legal, then the situations will be comparable.
After the fall of communism, the biggest mistake Boris Yeltsin's regime made was not to disband the KGB altogether. Instead it changed its name to the FSB and, to many observers, morphed into a gangster organisation, eventually headed by master criminal Vladimir Putin. - Gerard Batten

Online AvHdB

• Spouses Country: Ukraine, Kiev
« Reply #21 on: March 19, 2019, 02:43:49 PM »
Roscoe, Halo is correct.

There are numerous lines of thinking about the origin of the Roma.

Those who identify as Romanian are a different ethnic group from the Roma who are spread across Europe. I am confident you will find them in Scotland.
“If you aren't in over your head, how do you know how tall you are?” T.S. Eliot

Offline rosco

• Supporting Member
« Reply #22 on: March 19, 2019, 03:10:01 PM »
When Asian people in Scotland start self segregating in villages, don't send their children to school with locals, marry their daughters off in arranged marriages to those from their own "tribe", often at ages far less than is legal, then the situations will be comparable.

The sad reality is that it’s not overly dissimilar.

Offline Dogsoldier

• Supporting Member
  • Spouses Country: Україна
« Reply #23 on: March 19, 2019, 08:45:30 PM »

The sad reality is that it’s not overly dissimilar.
Could be because the Roma are thought to have migrated to Europe from the Indian subcontinent about 500yrs ago.

Offline msmoby

• BANNED
  • BANNED
« Reply #24 on: March 20, 2019, 12:11:25 AM »

What are you blathering about?

I stated your post was rascist ignorance..what was hard to understand.  Have you been to Romania?..worked alongside Romanians?

My local carwash is now almost entirely Romanian workers and they do a great job ..)

Quote from: Rosco
]
Irrespective of what Moby says, unless you're in Bucharest city centre, the vast majority Romanians you'll encounter in Europe are gypsies, tramps and thieves.

Utter twaddle.  So typical of you. You do know that the UK govt can exclude criminals from entering the UK even if EU citizens..

And you will allow the response through this time?

Check up the definition of racism in law according to England and Wales..It includes race and Creed.

I note the Tories are ridding themselves of those with Islamophobic tendancies... 

Registration