The World's #1 Russian, Ukrainian & Eastern European Discussion & Information Forum - RUA!

This Is the Premier Discussion Forum on the Net for Information and Discussion about Russia, Ukraine, Eastern Europe and the Former Soviet Union. Discuss Culture, Politics, Travelling, Language, International Relationships and More. Chat with Travellers, Locals, Residents and Expats. Ask and Answer Questions about Travel, Culture, Relationships, Applying for Visas, Translators, Interpreters, and More. Give Advice, Read Trip Reports, Share Experiences and Make Friends.

Author Topic: Russia now bans use of smartphones when on duty  (Read 6426 times)

Online AvHdB

• Spouses Country: Ukraine, Kiev
  • Trips: 20+
Re: Russia now bans use of smartphones when on duty
« Reply #25 on: March 08, 2019, 06:16:21 PM »
Wiz, I feel sorry for someone so consumed by hatred and rage that they can only post in one direction. Sad though is your utter ignorance both of reality and history. That your blindness from hatred deprives you of common sense and perspective is an issue only you can address.

While I could quote your entire bigoted and hateful claptrap I will only address the obvious.

Do you remember that the Ashkenazi Jew Poroshenko

Worth noting both my wife and myself have seen Poroschenko in Orthodox church services and he is often seen wearing a crucifix in public. I am curious to see some proof of your statement above. Worth noting the family Poroschenko had a number of priests as clergy generations ago in the Orthodox Church.

Now let's see your first evidence from the The Institute of Modern Russia, Inc. 2015 based at 231 West 29th Street, Suite 908, New York, NY 10001

Mission (Statement)

The Institute of Modern Russia (IMR) is a public policy think-tank that strives to establish an intellectual framework for building a democratic Russia governed by rule of law. IMR promotes social, economic, and institutional development in Russia through research, analysis, advocacy, and outreach. Our goal is to advance Russia's integration into the community of democracies and to improve its cooperation on the global stage."

Please do tell RUA what is wrong with the stated goals or mission statement above. I can only assume you would prefer some Vladimir Lenin Putin style regime.

All I know from my several visits to Ukraine is that apart from the Lvov Area and surrounding West parts No other part is using the Ukrainian language and they spoke Russian due to the long association with the USSR.

While I am not entirely sure what you are insinuating, your claim that the Ukraine language is only spoken in the L'viv region is another outright distortion of reality, but typical to your hyperbole. In Sumy, Vinnytsia, Rivne, Poltava, Zhytomyr, Ivano-Frankivsk and Ternopil when I was with fluent translators or wingmen the women frequently and often only spoke Ukraine. Spare us your lies.

Ukraine should be as a nation be free to pursue the goals and aspirations of its citizens and not have an agenda rammed down its throat by rocket launchers and other lethal weapons by a neighbour and bully.

Please Wiz even in your twilight years why not seek therapy for your bigotry and hatred.
“If you aren't in over your head, how do you know how tall you are?” T.S. Eliot

Offline Contrarian

• Trips: 1-5
« Reply #26 on: March 08, 2019, 08:14:16 PM »
No doubt since Wiz and Mark claim that Crimea had a right per Democracy to vote and leave being a part of Ukraine then so did Chechnya have a right to vote and leave the RF.

We all know how that turned out: genocide thru carpet bombing.

Due to his hatred of Ukrainians Mr. Putin has destroyed the Donbas region of Ukraine. In fact I could easily find the quote expressing his animus towards the people of Ukraine.

Will Russia be paying Ukraine the Billions they owe Ukraine for causing so much damage and loss of life?  :coffeeread:

Offline Contrarian

« Reply #27 on: March 08, 2019, 09:23:47 PM »
Wiz, I feel sorry for someone so consumed by hatred and rage that they can only post in one direction. Sad though is your utter ignorance both of reality and history. That your blindness from hatred deprives you of common sense and perspective is an issue only you can address.

While I could quote your entire bigoted and hateful claptrap I will only address the obvious.

Do you remember that the Ashkenazi Jew Poroshenko

Worth noting both my wife and myself have seen Poroschenko in Orthodox church services and he is often seen wearing a crucifix in public. I am curious to see some proof of your statement above. Worth noting the family Poroschenko had a number of priests as clergy generations ago in the Orthodox Church.

Now let's see your first evidence from the The Institute of Modern Russia, Inc. 2015 based at 231 West 29th Street, Suite 908, New York, NY 10001

Mission (Statement)

The Institute of Modern Russia (IMR) is a public policy think-tank that strives to establish an intellectual framework for building a democratic Russia governed by rule of law. IMR promotes social, economic, and institutional development in Russia through research, analysis, advocacy, and outreach. Our goal is to advance Russia's integration into the community of democracies and to improve its cooperation on the global stage."

Please do tell RUA what is wrong with the stated goals or mission statement above. I can only assume you would prefer some Vladimir Lenin Putin style regime.

All I know from my several visits to Ukraine is that apart from the Lvov Area and surrounding West parts No other part is using the Ukrainian language and they spoke Russian due to the long association with the USSR.

While I am not entirely sure what you are insinuating, your claim that the Ukraine language is only spoken in the L'viv region is another outright distortion of reality, but typical to your hyperbole. In Sumy, Vinnytsia, Rivne, Poltava, Zhytomyr, Ivano-Frankivsk and Ternopil when I was with fluent translators or wingmen the women frequently and often only spoke Ukraine. Spare us your lies.

Ukraine should be as a nation be free to pursue the goals and aspirations of its citizens and not have an agenda rammed down its throat by rocket launchers and other lethal weapons by a neighbour and bully.

Please Wiz even in your twilight years why not seek therapy for your bigotry and hatred.

Exactly and well said. It’s safe to say that Russia’s constant bullying and tyranny against Ukraine has really steeled their resolve to continue on a path of independence from Russia and a closer relationship with the West.

Offline msmoby

• BANNED
  • BANNED
  • Spouses Country: Russia
« Reply #28 on: March 08, 2019, 10:18:17 PM »
ß

A super post.  :bow:

Manny, apeasing the sponsors and Rosco's 'logic'...

Rosco...when were you last in Russia?...It is blooming claer, not recently.

I have never claimed to be a Blue Beret

Spurious claims about 'seeing action' with the Blue Berets are debunked >here<

Here is my Russophobia/Kremlinphobia topic

Offline Wiz

« Reply #29 on: March 09, 2019, 01:45:36 AM »
My logic is that any country who can manipulate a situation to benefit themselves will. Take that anyway you wish from the extreme to the most subtle of influencing but it happens.

Russia undoubtedly gets involved in global affairs and attempts to manipulate a given situation to their advantage but why would any super power sit back, do nothing and watch their rivals manipulate a situation to their disadvantage? It is really that simple. The west on then other hand gets annoyed when we have competition.

With that in mind, I detest the one way Russia bad boy bull shit we get rammed down our throats in the west. Not because I'm in denial but its the blatant hypocracy of our own governments and the double standards we've been brainwashed to accept or ignore.

And yes, I still believe the USA is the worst offender when it comes to destabilising and raping sovereign nations for their own financial and political benefit.

I’ve already previously written, many times, that I would like the USA to pack up and leave the Middle East. Furthermore I firmly believe American foreign policy is not our own, we’re being manipulated and controlled by Zionists when it comes to these foreign wars.

President Trump ran on ending these foolish wars and 63 million Americans voted for him. That’s at least 63 million Americans who firmly want our foreign policy to change. You probably don’t pay attention that closely to USA politics but when Trump announced he was withdrawing from Syria our Zionist controlled media and the left-wingers went into hyper drive saying he was capitulating to “our enemy Putin/Russia”.

Trump has been dogged from day one with the bogus Russian collusion narrative, which makes it very difficult for him to have meetings with and make deals with Putin’s Russia. And yet he’s avoided getting suckered into a war with Russia.

Considering they’re at least 63 million Americans who want peace, I wonder how many Russians want peace with Ukraine? Peace is what most rational people hope for. It might be difficult to avoid looking at US foreign policy in the past but it would be the best.

Finally an honest admission, on your part, to what I have been saying for very long time, that your foreign USA policy and the majority of your Gov administration departments are run by the DEEP STATE  and the Zionist Neocon Cabal.

Our Media is also controlled and run by the Zionists too who dictate their own line…..and on a daily basis we cannot avoid watching the latest saga from your country against the (Mafia representative) President of the USA. We all know that the corrupt Isra(h)ell PM Benjamin "Bibi" Netanyahoo, is running the show…..in the USA and is milking your country nicely every year.

Tramp had several bankruptcies and still survived and became very rich…. and nobody could do that without the help from the Mafia, neither he could become President too.

Do you think that it’s Tramp who is directing operations against Maduro?

I don’t think so……….
Why the sun does not shine on the Ex- British Empire Anymore? Because God never trusted an Englishman in the dark!

Offline Wiz

« Reply #30 on: March 09, 2019, 06:45:06 AM »
No doubt since Wiz and Mark claim that Crimea had a right per Democracy to vote and leave being a part of Ukraine then so did Chechnya have a right to vote and leave the RF.

We all know how that turned out: genocide thru carpet bombing.

I suggest you read a bid more about the war in Chechnya and you will find the real reasons.

When the USSR collapsed, soon after their army moved out of Afghanistan, your lovely country USA, decided to start colour revolutions for cherry picking most of the USSR Republics in the periphery of the USSR and now RF.

In Afghanistan, while the USSR army was there fighting the Taliban, the USA was supplying them with arms etc....... and you were getting back all the opium they were producing. You are still there for the same reason and forget the Bush excuse about Al-Qaeda....and Osama Bin Laden, a Saudi Arabian until 1994, a member of the wealthy bin Laden family and friends of father Bush.

Then wars broke out in all the Stans for independence, all fuelled by the USA: Azerbaijan, Kyrgyzstan, Tajikistan, Turkmenistan, Uzbekistan, and so on and on.......Georgia, Ukraine, Baltics ...etc and if you look the map the current RF was surrounded by a USA concerted attack......and Yeltsin was in your pocket and sold out everything.

Have you watch the video CATASTROIKA?

In Chechnya the Nationalists started the fight by declaring Independence in 1991.

Four years later when the father of the current President Kadyrov was assassinated in a Stadium by a bomb then his son took over and in 1994 the Russian Federation got Involved because many oil and gas pipes go through Chechnya.

When Putin become PM he took action together with the current President of the Republics and following the American example of Carpet Bombing in Vietnam, Cambodia etc.....he cleared Chechnya of the Muslim terrorists, as they were described.

Due to his hatred of Ukrainians Mr. Putin has destroyed the Donbas region of Ukraine. In fact I could easily find the quote expressing his animus towards the people of Ukraine.

Will Russia be paying Ukraine the Billions they owe Ukraine for causing so much damage and loss of life?
:coffeeread:

Putin does not hate the Ukrainians, it's the other way round.........the Nationalists and NAZI collaborators from the western country.... hate Russia because when Stalin took over the Galicia area (Lvov etc) which was part of Poland he created  the Holodomor Soviet famine of 1932–33

As already stated in my previous post, it was not Putin or Russia who has bombed and killed 10,000 innocent people, in Easter Ukraine. The name of the President who gave the order to the Ukrainian army to attack the rebel parts of Ukraine..... was/is Poroshenko (search and read about him....... but not in Wiki as it's controlled by the Zionists who alter many things that don't like to be public.... they have a special department in Haifa supported from the Defence Ministry that are Trolls and respond and attack any post made, criticising anything bad about Jewish people, the Israel state and Government.

Putin instigated a meeting in Minsk where Merkel (Germany), Hollande (France), Lukashenko (Belarus), Poroshenko (Ukraine) and Putin of Russia, signed a peace agreement regarding the Donbass and Lugansk. So far it's Poroshenko (Ukraine) who has Bombed and killed 10.000 people and destroyed those 2 Republics.....

BTW are you aware that Russia has loaned the Previous administration of Ukraine Yanukovich 20 Billion Dollars and now Ukraine refuse to pay it back.

As part of the extension for the bases in Crimea, Russia was charging $50 /1000 cubicks instead of the market value and after the Putsch they demanded market prices, cut the gas supply for non payment  and do not want to use the Ukrainian pipes because the Ukraine is stealing the Gas and has not maintained the pipes.

Search and read to learn and everything is not Black and White.

Putin does not need another front while is dealing with Syria, Russian defence and so on........

Finally for your information the Russian Language was Ukraine's second Official Language........which the Nazi Government of Ukraine abolished that right and has upset it the large majority of people in Ukraine.

Let's see if he is going to be re-elected soon!

tiphat

Why the sun does not shine on the Ex- British Empire Anymore? Because God never trusted an Englishman in the dark!

Offline Wiz

« Reply #31 on: March 09, 2019, 09:07:21 AM »

I told you, before, that I don't hate anybody in my life only idiots hate other people. I have previously gave you the advice at the top and you took no notice.  :evilgrin0002:

In my previous post No 20 I gave you a fair warning what to expect if you did not prove your accusations of BS and Lies.
You took no Notice  :evilgrin0002:

While I could reply to your entire idiotic and bigoted shite,  I will let everybody else to read your above torrent of personal insults. As for me....... take a look on my avatar!

Mission (Statement)

Conveniently you omitted to include the details and info about the President and his Family, that I posted with links on my post!

President: Pavel Khodorkovskiy

He is the son of Russian businessman and former prisoner Mikhail Khodorkovsky, who was once the richest person in Russia.

Nothing is wrong with the stated goals or mission statement above But.......Please do tell the people at RUA in detail who is the president of the institute and more importantly why his father, the richest man in Russia, went to Prison?

Nothing is wrong with the stated goals or mission statement above. It is none of yours or my business to tell the Russian people what style of government to have and how to run their country. 

Your tribe has the habit to put their nose in other peoples business and tell them how to run their country!

Take another look at my Avatar..... it's especially for you.

"Personally I gave up caring for anything, and all the problems disappeared"

Fyodor Dostoevsky

Offline Manny

« Reply #32 on: March 09, 2019, 09:37:05 AM »
Manny, apeasing the sponsors

Feel free to become a sponsor. Ask if you need a link.  :coffeeread:
Read a trip report from North Korea >>here<< - Read a trip report from South Korea, China and Hong Kong >>here<<

Look what the American media makes some people believe:
Putin often threatens to strike US with nuclear weapons.

Offline msmoby

• BANNED
  • BANNED
« Reply #33 on: March 09, 2019, 11:33:44 AM »

Feel free to become a sponsor. Ask if you need a link.  :coffeeread:

When the Soviet Style editing policy is cancelled or you sell the board...

Whichever is first...

Offline msmoby

• BANNED
  • BANNED
« Reply #34 on: March 09, 2019, 11:37:24 AM »
Ah, gotta love Wiz'  revisionist history..

When the USSR broke up Chechn'ya did not apply to join... It was already independent..

Next time you shed a year for Donbas and the right to cede...you might like to check your pots...

Offline msmoby

• BANNED
  • BANNED
« Reply #35 on: March 09, 2019, 11:39:40 AM »
Shed a year...?!..

Excuse me..  Had a lot of toasting with home brewed Cha-cha today..

Offline Lord of the Dance

• Supporting Hero Member
  • Trips: None Yet
« Reply #36 on: March 09, 2019, 11:35:49 PM »
Wow…

well this thread became a steaming crock pretty quick. 

Returning to the original topic for a moment, I think it's fairly understandable why any modern military would prohibit the use of technology like smartphones while soldiers are on duty. Beyond being a major distraction from the troops' work, 'loose' network technology poses a serious threat to security and endangers the integrity of any furtive operations.
"My soul cries out with a joyful shout that the God of my heart is great, and my spirit sings of the wondrous things that you bring to the ones who wait." - Canticle of the Turning

Offline Wiz

« Reply #37 on: March 10, 2019, 12:57:59 AM »
Shed a year...?!..

Excuse me..  Had a lot of toasting with home brewed Cha-cha today..

Well that says it all, for yourself and your comments ......

Mr Mastermind!

Online rosco

• Supporting Member
  • Trips: 10-20
« Reply #38 on: March 10, 2019, 07:09:59 AM »
ß

A super post.  :bow:

Manny, apeasing the sponsors and Rosco's 'logic'...

Rosco...when were you last in Russia?...It is blooming claer, not recently.

Here’s another piece of Rosco’s logic Moby. Members of RUA shouldn’t have to continually rinse through trolling posts by idiots.

Online andrewfi

• Supporting Member
    • Articles About Almost Anything!
« Reply #39 on: March 10, 2019, 09:54:45 AM »
Wow…

Returning to the original topic for a moment, I think it's fairly understandable why any modern military would prohibit the use of technology like smartphones while soldiers are on duty. Beyond being a major distraction from the troops' work, 'loose' network technology poses a serious threat to security and endangers the integrity of any furtive operations.

The problem will not get easier as connected wearables become ubiquitous. It is already hard to recognise that some wearables are actually connected connection devices and nieve users will be tempted to think 'this won't matter' and go into the field wearing a fitness watch that can be used to send and receive social messages and the like. We know this has already happened but when you look at the latest such devices it can be seen that they look even less like 'dangerous' devices than they did a couple of years ago.
...everything ends always well; if it’s still bad, then it’s not the end!

Online AvHdB

• Spouses Country: Ukraine, Kiev
« Reply #40 on: March 10, 2019, 12:42:03 PM »
Wow…

The problem will not get easier as connected wearables become ubiquitous. It is already hard to recognise that some wearables are actually connected connection devices and nieve users will be tempted to think 'this won't matter' and go into the field wearing a fitness watch that can be used to send and receive social messages and the like. We know this has already happened but when you look at the latest such devices it can be seen that they look even less like 'dangerous' devices than they did a couple of years ago.

Refreshing to go back on topic. 

Andrew is correct with his observations regarding devices and there interconnectivity.

Presently I understand the US Army is experimenting with highly interconnected face screens for the infantry. The screens will provide a variety of information, size of forces, weapons, range, telememtey and such. The odd thing this was the stuff of video games 10 to 15 years ago.

A couple days ago I watched Enemy of the State, sort of scary how close we are to this reality.
“If you aren't in over your head, how do you know how tall you are?” T.S. Eliot

Offline Contrarian

« Reply #41 on: March 10, 2019, 01:49:55 PM »
Wow…

Refreshing to go back on topic. 

Andrew is correct with his observations regarding devices and there interconnectivity.

Presently I understand the US Army is experimenting with highly interconnected face screens for the infantry. The screens will provide a variety of information, size of forces, weapons, range, telememtey and such. The odd thing this was the stuff of video games 10 to 15 years ago.

A couple days ago I watched Enemy of the State, sort of scary how close we are to this reality.

If you have dirt on the Clinton’s or you’re a 9/11 Truther of substance it’s already a reality.

An over reliance on technology will eventually be our downfall.

Offline dcguyusa

• Spouses Country: North America, South America, Europe, Asia
  • Trips: None Yet
« Reply #42 on: March 11, 2019, 04:10:44 PM »
An over reliance on technology will eventually be our downfall.

Long live the Luddites.   :chuckle:
An uninformed opponent is a dangerous opponent.

"Y'all be makin shit up" ~ Markeith Loyd

Offline msmoby

• BANNED
  • BANNED
« Reply #43 on: March 11, 2019, 11:37:04 PM »
Found my glasses...and drew rhe curtains

Offline EddieScow

• Spouses Country: USA
Russia now bans use of smartphones when on duty
« Reply #44 on: June 09, 2019, 04:12:50 AM »
Don’t worry. There will be no war with Russia as there is no one to fight with. Russia could not even beat Ukraine when it did not have an army.

It will simply fall apart like the Soviet Union did.

Offline Contrarian

« Reply #45 on: June 09, 2019, 05:27:33 AM »
Don’t worry. There will be no war with Russia as there is no one to fight with. Russia could not even beat Ukraine when it did not have an army.

It will simply fall apart like the Soviet Union did.

:ROFL:           :ROFL:            :ROFL:   tiphat

Registration