The World's #1 Russian, Ukrainian & Eastern European Discussion & Information Forum - RUA!

This Is the Premier Discussion Forum on the Net for Information and Discussion about Russia, Ukraine, Eastern Europe and the Former Soviet Union. Discuss Culture, Politics, Travelling, Language, International Relationships and More. Chat with Travellers, Locals, Residents and Expats. Ask and Answer Questions about Travel, Culture, Relationships, Applying for Visas, Translators, Interpreters, and More. Give Advice, Read Trip Reports, Share Experiences and Make Friends.

Author Topic: Well looky at you all!!!  (Read 4447 times)

Offline Rvrwind

• In God we trust, all others pay cash!!
  • Spouses Country: Russia
  • Trips: 20+
Well looky at you all!!!
« on: January 14, 2019, 10:09:50 AM »
 :party0011: Just thought I'd pop by & see how you all are doin'... still see some familiar names... Lot of newbies too... Can't believe how big this site has become... Was there when it started... Wow, has it been that long... DAMN!!! Time flies when your havin' fun!!! :party0031: tiphat ;D
Canadian Cowboy - Dyin' is Easy, It's Livin' thats Hard!!!

Offline Manny

Re: Well looky at you all!!!
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2019, 10:18:00 AM »
Good of you to drop by, Richard.  :thumbsup:

Yes, we are due to hit our half millionth post in the near future.  :nod:
Read a trip report from North Korea >>here<< - Read a trip report from South Korea, China and Hong Kong >>here<<

Look what the American media makes some people believe:
Putin often threatens to strike US with nuclear weapons.

Online 2tallbill

• Trips: 10-20
Well looky at you all!!!
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2019, 10:47:37 AM »
Every now and then I wonder if you are still kicking. It's nice to
hear that you aren't feeding the worms yet, too ornery is my bet.

I finally found the girl for me, it only took me 9 years mostly because
I was too stubborn and/or too stupid to quit. It was definitely worth
the effort.

Welcome back!

Bill 

Finding, pursuing and marrying Angel Eyes
http://ruadventures.com/forum/index.php/topic,18537.0.html

FSUW are not for entry level daters. FSUW don't do vague FSUW like a man of action so be a man of action  If you find a promising girl, get your butt on a plane. There are a hundred ways to be successful and a thousand ways to f#ck it up
Kiss the girl, don't ask her first.
Get an apartment not a hotel. DON'T recycle girls

Online andrewfi

• Supporting Member
    • Articles About Almost Anything!
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2019, 10:50:06 AM »
Hi Richard, what are you up to these days? Still married? Living in Canada?
...everything ends always well; if it’s still bad, then it’s not the end!

Online Markje

• MCMLXXIV
    • Mark's unix pages
  • Spouses Country: Crimea
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2019, 11:49:26 AM »
Welcome back. All good here. Still married and 2 sons now
OO===[][]===OO
My first trip to my wife: To Evpatoria!
My road trip to Crimea: Roadtrip to Evpatoria

Offline MBS01

• Spouses Country: Ukraine
« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2019, 05:04:50 PM »
Hi Richard nice to see you stop by too.  Its hard to believe it was about 16 or 17 years ago we first met up!  Time flies.  Likewise over 15 years since our marriages began long, long ago.  Trust all is well with both of you as Lora and I keep busy here too.  During the holidays we had one of my cousins visit for dinner while she and her friend were making the rounds of family here before returning to the Edmonton area.

Say hello to Valya for us and feel free to connect more often.  Wes.

Offline Rvrwind

« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2019, 09:25:59 AM »
Nice to see you all doing good.
Yes, I am still married. 15th anniversary just passed & we are doing good. Best move I made in my life.
Glad your here Wes. Valya was just asking about you & Lora a bit ago, but my puter crashed awhile back & lost all my contacts. So need you to email me again so I can put you in & we can keep in touch.
Glad to hear from you Andrew... Yep, still livin' in Canada, Calgary to be exact. You still in Tallin? We have some friends here that was just there, they own some property there.
Went back to Russia a few times since leaving. The wife goes back about every 3 years, just too damn expensive for both of us to go so I only go about every 2nd trip with her. We are trying to plan for this year meeting our relatives at a resort in Turkey or Tunisia... trying to find an all inclusive over there... shooting for late September.
Congrats Markje, good to hear... 2 sons, kool… Did ya' name one after me, LMAO
2Tallbill, can't write me off that quick, LOL. Have had a couple of health issues, but as always the devil ain't tough enough to take me outa the game yet! If you get the right one Bill, its definitely worth the effort.
Half a million Manny, nice, shows it was worth it.
Sure good to hear from you all. Sorry I haven't been around more but busy, busy. Tried to retire last year but the government wouldn't hear none of that nonsense, so working part time & collecting my pension. Wife's working full time at the same job for 10 plus years.
We ain't getting rich & can't seem to win the damn lottery, but we are better off than most I'm thinkin'. Spending most days in the summer fishing & just bought a tent to try some ice fishing, we'll see how that goes.
Been attending a lot of funerals lately, seems the older I get, the more friends & relatives I lose, but I keep managing to hold my ground, LOL.
I'll try to pop in more often & see what's up. In the meantime stay safe & stay loose!
Rvrwind tiphat
Canadian Cowboy

Offline Wiz

« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2019, 07:18:26 PM »
Hello Richard (Rvrwind)

Nice when an old timer is visiting again and its interesting to hear their news etc.

My wife is still here and she is working towards her British pension LOL ...... I was already a pensioner when I met her back in 2007.

Hanna is still visiting Russia every year to see mama and family... but I don't bother anymore due to the expenses and also the hassle for the visa. Wife and I prefer to spent our money and time going on European holidays and visiting new places for her while my health still allows me to fly and go around.

Good to hear from you and do pop in whenever you can.

Wiz  tiphat

Why the sun does not shine on the Ex- British Empire Anymore? Because God never trusted an Englishman in the dark!

Offline BillyB

« Reply #8 on: January 16, 2019, 09:18:45 PM »

Welcome back Richard, good to hear you're doing well and marriage still going strong.
Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776. If you want to stop the war in Ukraine, fix elections, stop medical tyranny and forced vaccinations, lower inflation and make America and the world a better place, get Trump back into power. The Democrats and Republicans have shown they can't do the job. They are good at robbing us and getting people killed in non stop wars.

Offline Rvrwind

« Reply #9 on: January 17, 2019, 08:07:28 AM »
Good to hear your still around Wiz! And all is well...
Billy B, nice to hear from you as well...
Yep, life has been good & continues onward & upward, LOL.
Long as I can still go fishin', I'm a happy camper, LOL.
Ain't gettin' any younger but enjoying what I can. Will stick around for a bit as I have a little time. Goin' for x-rays on my knee later today... slipped on some ice awhile back & fell down our front steps, kinda screwed up my right knee. Not broken but they suspect a torn ligament... the one thing I have learned in my old age is I bruise easier & don't heal as fast, LOL.
Ya'll take care, I'll be around for a bit..
RVR

Offline MBS01

• Spouses Country: Ukraine
« Reply #10 on: January 17, 2019, 10:27:46 AM »
Nice to see your reply too Richard.  Do you hear anything from our other friends that were at your wedding?  As to others Mel and Tania south of you in Alberta where we first met now have about 6 kids I think 1 girl finally and the rest boys.  I sold the property there about 12 years ago as it was mainly an expense.

We tend to travel to Ukraine yearly, but I visited twice between September and November as I needed my dental plates replaced so hope these new ones last for awhile.  On the way home we tend to spend a few days in Vienna as we have a direct flight to Lora's home via Vienna with 1 to 2 hours going over, but have to overnight on the way home and usually send a few days there as well just enjoying ourselves..  Vienna and the surrounding areas has been a great time and place to visit before heading home.

So stop falling down a young fella like you is too young to be laid up etc.

Offline Rvrwind

« Reply #11 on: January 23, 2019, 09:33:07 AM »
Hi Wes...
Was in contact with Conner VT for some time... actually rented his wife's apartment for about 4 years while I was still living in Tver. When she sold it we decided to make our move to Canada... haven't heard from them forever... tried emailing but no response, so not sure what happened there.
Karl & Oksana moved from Kelowna to somewhere in the lower mainland, haven't heard from them since they moved, kinda miss them, good folks.
The rest still live in Tver & we see them when we go there. Still in touch with Marina, my old business partner, although the business has gone sideways & no longer exists… taught me a valuable lesson though... when it comes to searching for a wife, most guys don't want the truth, been a few examples of that on this board as well.
Sorry it went that way as we could have helped many a couple, but inject the truth, & they would rather not hear it.
John was a perfect example... he didn't want to ear the truth & when he finally pulled the trigger & gave her a very expensive diamond & everything went south, he couldn't handle it & committed suicide. Was unfortunate & I did my best to help him, but is very difficult to help someone who refuses to listen & take your advice.
I can only continue with my journey, which is going great, so no worries. And hope everybody else has the same success I have had!

Online andrewfi

• Supporting Member
    • Articles About Almost Anything!
« Reply #12 on: January 23, 2019, 11:00:00 AM »
Who was John? I don't recall hearing of that sad turn of events.
...everything ends always well; if it’s still bad, then it’s not the end!

Offline Rvrwind

« Reply #13 on: January 24, 2019, 07:15:10 AM »
Andrew...
He came to Tver a couple of times... Don't think he was ever on any of the boards & damned if I can remember his last name. He was a pretty tall fellow, well over 6' from Buffalo, NY, about 45 yrs old.
He came over with BeHappy the first time I Believe & the second time came on his own. Real nice fellow, but naive as all get out.
Tried to help him but failed. He wanted an 18 year old cover girl & that just wasn't going to happen. His wallet wasn't fat enough.

Offline BillyB

« Reply #14 on: January 24, 2019, 06:37:51 PM »
He came over with BeHappy the first time I Believe & the second time came on his own. Real nice fellow, but naive as all get out.
Tried to help him but failed. He wanted an 18 year old cover girl & that just wasn't going to happen. His wallet wasn't fat enough.

He didn't get what he wanted so he checked out. I don't think a fat wallet would've helped him. He was not mentally stable and that would've turned off a lot of women.
Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776. If you want to stop the war in Ukraine, fix elections, stop medical tyranny and forced vaccinations, lower inflation and make America and the world a better place, get Trump back into power. The Democrats and Republicans have shown they can't do the job. They are good at robbing us and getting people killed in non stop wars.

Offline Rvrwind

« Reply #15 on: January 26, 2019, 07:42:03 AM »
You may be correct Billy.
Just knew, no matter what I did or said was gonna sway him from the destructive path he chose.
Its a tricky thing to find a good woman abroad. some of us have been lucky, others not so much. But the best advice I can give to Newbies is listen to those who went before you, their insight is invaluable!

Offline Manny

« Reply #16 on: January 26, 2019, 03:13:46 PM »
Its a tricky thing to find a good woman abroad. some of us have been lucky, others not so much. But the best advice I can give to Newbies is listen to those who went before you, their insight is invaluable!

New folks should print that off and pin it to the fridge.
Read a trip report from North Korea >>here<< - Read a trip report from South Korea, China and Hong Kong >>here<<

Offline Lord of the Dance

• Supporting Hero Member
  • Trips: None Yet
« Reply #17 on: January 27, 2019, 01:20:42 AM »

New folks should print that off and pin it to the fridge.

Done.  :thumbsup:
"My soul cries out with a joyful shout that the God of my heart is great, and my spirit sings of the wondrous things that you bring to the ones who wait." - Canticle of the Turning

Offline Rvrwind

« Reply #18 on: January 28, 2019, 07:46:44 AM »
How can I add pics to my thread...

Offline Manny

« Reply #19 on: January 28, 2019, 08:44:09 AM »

Online 2tallbill

Well looky at you all!!!
« Reply #20 on: January 28, 2019, 01:10:35 PM »
Its a tricky thing to find a good woman abroad. some of us have been lucky, others not so much.

I managed to get a lifetime guarantee when I married my Russian wife.
She said that if things don't work out she will keeel me, so I don't even
need to worry about being single again or hunting up another one because
I'll be dead.
FSUW are not for entry level daters. FSUW don't do vague FSUW like a man of action so be a man of action  If you find a promising girl, get your butt on a plane. There are a hundred ways to be successful and a thousand ways to f#ck it up
Kiss the girl, don't ask her first.
Get an apartment not a hotel. DON'T recycle girls

Offline Rvrwind

« Reply #21 on: February 17, 2019, 04:07:12 PM »
"She said that if things don't work out she will keeel me, so I don't even
need to worry about being single again or hunting up another one"

Funny that... think they all hang together too much... seems to be the common threat... LMAO

Registration