The World's #1 Russian, Ukrainian & Eastern European Discussion & Information Forum - RUA!

This Is the Premier Discussion Forum on the Net for Information and Discussion about Russia, Ukraine, Eastern Europe and the Former Soviet Union. Discuss Culture, Politics, Travelling, Language, International Relationships and More. Chat with Travellers, Locals, Residents and Expats. Ask and Answer Questions about Travel, Culture, Relationships, Applying for Visas, Translators, Interpreters, and More. Give Advice, Read Trip Reports, Share Experiences and Make Friends.

Author Topic: Russia maybe introducing E-Visa's  (Read 3090 times)

Offline Steveboy

• Commercial Member
  • Trips: Resident
I support no government anywhere, ever, never. No institution, No religion!!

Offline Manny

• Spouses Country: Russia
  • Trips: 20+
Re: Russia maybe introducing E-Visa's
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2019, 01:53:28 PM »
Anything that makes the current visa lark easier would be most welcome. I was lobbying the ambassador in London about this some time ago.
Read a trip report from North Korea >>here<< - Read a trip report from South Korea, China and Hong Kong >>here<<

Look what the American media makes some people believe:
Putin often threatens to strike US with nuclear weapons.

Offline Omega1982

• Spouses Country: Not determined / USA
  • Trips: 5-10
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2019, 08:07:55 PM »
May I ask what good will an evisa do given the current tensions with America? 

Online andrewfi

• Supporting Member
    • Articles About Almost Anything!
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2019, 11:59:54 PM »
While it might be hard to imagine, the United States is not the only country in the world, and not the centre of the universe.
...everything ends always well; if it’s still bad, then it’s not the end!

Offline Omega1982

• Spouses Country: Not determined / USA
  • Trips: 5-10
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2019, 12:11:35 AM »
True.  But we're larger, more powerful and more influential than many.  Would Estonia be the center of the universe? 

Online andrewfi

• Supporting Member
    • Articles About Almost Anything!
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2019, 03:03:47 AM »
True.  But we're larger, more powerful and more influential than many.  Would Estonia be the center of the universe?

The point is that your countrymen form only a very tiny part of the group of people who practice international tourism and an even smaller part of that group who visits Russia. The silliness of your rapidly isolating country and countrymen is not very relevant to Russian choices about how they manage their consular affairs with the entire world. Or, more accurately, the choices of your countrymen to engage with the outside world or not is not under the control of Russia.

Incidentally the idea that you think in terms of competing 'centres' (cf Estonia) is interesting.
...everything ends always well; if it’s still bad, then it’s not the end!

Offline yankee

« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2019, 05:39:03 AM »
True.  But we're larger, more powerful and more influential than many.  Would Estonia be  ;Dthe center of the universe?

The point is that your countrymen form only a very tiny part of the group of people who practice international tourism and an even smaller part of that group who visits Russia. The silliness of your rapidly isolating country and countrymen is not very relevant to Russian choices about how they manage their consular affairs with the entire world. Or, more accurately, the choices of your countrymen to engage with the outside world or not is not under the control of Russia.

Incidentally the idea that you think in terms of competing 'centres' (cf Estonia) is interesting.

There are only a small number of Americans that think of competing 'centres'.  Maybe that is the USAians.  Now, if you meant 'centers' there would be a much larger number.
What is worse than not being able to get what you don't even want?

Offline Steveboy

• Commercial Member
  • Trips: Resident
« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2019, 01:11:03 AM »
May I ask what good will an evisa do given the current tensions with America?

Things are not so bad for the US.. You have one of the best Visa agreements with Russia.. your able to get a 3 year multi entrance tourist visa and recently a 3 year multi entry private visa..

None of that for the British and probably the Brits will not even qualify for an E visa.. ;D

Talking about Visa's the Russian diplomats they chucked out of the UK are heading back this month and vice versa for the British one's I doubt if you will see much about that on the BBC..  :laugh:
I support no government anywhere, ever, never. No institution, No religion!!

Offline msmoby

• BANNED
  • BANNED
  • Spouses Country: Russia
  • Trips: 20+
« Reply #8 on: January 17, 2019, 12:41:11 AM »
Anything that makes the current visa lark easier would be most welcome. I was lobbying the ambassador in London about this some time ago.

I really do not know what the fuss is ....  Don't you have an Irish passport - getting a RU Visa is a one page application
I have never claimed to be a Blue Beret

Spurious claims about 'seeing action' with the Blue Berets are debunked >here<

Here is my Russophobia/Kremlinphobia topic

Registration