The World's #1 Russian, Ukrainian & Eastern European Discussion & Information Forum - RUA!

This Is the Premier Discussion Forum on the Net for Information and Discussion about Russia, Ukraine, Eastern Europe and the Former Soviet Union. Discuss Culture, Politics, Travelling, Language, International Relationships and More. Chat with Travellers, Locals, Residents and Expats. Ask and Answer Questions about Travel, Culture, Relationships, Applying for Visas, Translators, Interpreters, and More. Give Advice, Read Trip Reports, Share Experiences and Make Friends.

Author Topic: What is your age ?  (Read 1526 times)

Offline Steveboy

• Commercial Member
  • Trips: Resident
What is your age ?
« on: January 10, 2019, 09:27:41 AM »
I was wondering why no forum members here have their age? Country yes, Sex yes , trips yes but when it comes to"Age" everyone has failed to include that.. :ROFL:

Im guilty of that myself, but just wondered why EVERY one else also doesn't want to include their age?

I made a mistake! looks like Texan has put his age..
I support no government anywhere, ever, never. No institution, No religion!!

Offline Bruce Lee

• Spouses Country: Russia
  • Trips: 5-10
Re: What is your age ?
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2019, 09:29:24 AM »
Mines been on display since joining nearly ten years ago, nothing to hide here tiphat
If you get a minute check out Bruce's TR - Its not quite finished, however its still a pretty good read IMHO.

If I win the lottery I'll finish it this week if not I'll probably complete it when I retire!!! Until then I hope you enjoy the story so far!

Offline Lord of the Dance

• Supporting Hero Member
  • Trips: None Yet
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2019, 01:02:15 PM »
25 - quarter of a century old.

Of course the female members here have a legitimate reason - women never share their age! As to the men, don't know? A lot of you guys seem to regard your privacy with high priority. Not real concerned myself but I suppose in the internet age there are good reasons not to publish much personal data.
"My soul cries out with a joyful shout that the God of my heart is great, and my spirit sings of the wondrous things that you bring to the ones who wait." - Canticle of the Turning

Offline yankee

« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2019, 03:54:49 PM »
I will be 72 in 3 months
What is worse than not being able to get what you don't even want?

Offline Wiz

• Trips: 20+
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2019, 12:58:06 AM »
On the 23 January, I will be 74 years old.........nothing to hide ! tiphat
Why the sun does not shine on the Ex- British Empire Anymore? Because God never trusted an Englishman in the dark!

Online Markje

• MCMLXXIV
    • Mark's unix pages
  • Spouses Country: Crimea
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2019, 05:02:37 AM »

Of course the female members here have a legitimate reason - women never share their age! As to the men, don't know? A lot of you guys seem to regard your privacy with high priority. Not real concerned myself but I suppose in the internet age there are good reasons not to publish much personal data.

I don' care about my age. I was very young to start this process at 33. I' think maybe it was too young, but it all seems to fit in nicely.

Now I am 44, and 8 years married already. MMM.
OO===[][]===OO
My first trip to my wife: To Evpatoria!
My road trip to Crimea: Roadtrip to Evpatoria

Offline Lord of the Dance

• Supporting Hero Member
« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2019, 04:08:16 PM »

I don' care about my age. I was very young to start this process at 33. I' think maybe it was too young, but it all seems to fit in nicely.

IMO, 'young' and 'old' are relative terms. Many of you gents were already married at least once before, so it's perfectly understandable getting married at 45 or 55 years old. Meanwhile, a person who has not yet been married at all might not be so patient as to wait until middle age to get married. In this line of thought, the first thing that comes to mind is time with younger generations. When my grandfather had his first son (my dad), he was 24 years old. My dad was a bit older than that when I came about, but still, having children younger means I get to do great things together with my dad and my grandpa. I wait until I'm middle-aged to start a family and my dad might not even get a chance to meet his grandson or granddaughter. And how much time do my children get with me before I'm gone? When a fit 78 year old man plows a woman and has a kid, then that kid is 10 and his dad is an ancient prune of 88... that's not fair to the kid, you know? Now that's an extreme case, but you get the point. My dad is 60 this year and mom's not too far behind. And this whole notion has to be balanced with the importance of not rushing into big mistakes... tough walk.   
"My soul cries out with a joyful shout that the God of my heart is great, and my spirit sings of the wondrous things that you bring to the ones who wait." - Canticle of the Turning

Offline dcguyusa

• Spouses Country: North America, South America, Europe, Asia
« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2019, 05:16:39 PM »
Thousands of requests by men to bring in child and adolescent brides to live in the United States were approved over the past decade, according to government data obtained by The Associated Press.   The approvals are legal: The Immigration and Nationality Act does not set minimum age requirements for the person making the request or for that person's spouse or fiancee. 
The country where most requests came from was Mexico, followed by Pakistan, Jordan, the Dominican Republic and Yemen. Middle Eastern nationals had the highest percentage of overall approved petitions

https://news.yahoo.com/apnewsbreak-us-approved-thousands-child-bride-requests-100652091--politics.html

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/apnewsbreak-us-approved-thousands-of-child-bride-requests/ar-BBS5Vve?li=BBnb7Kz

In the Middle East (the "bedrock" of civilization), age does not matter.   You just continue the family tree.   (:)
An uninformed opponent is a dangerous opponent.

"Y'all be makin shit up" ~ Markeith Loyd

Offline Steveboy

• Commercial Member
« Reply #8 on: January 12, 2019, 01:03:25 AM »

You must be the youngest one here and married.. :thumbsup:

Offline rosco

• Supporting Member
  • Trips: 10-20
« Reply #9 on: January 12, 2019, 05:01:46 AM »

I’ve hit 38 now!  :biggrin:

Offline Steveboy

• Commercial Member
« Reply #10 on: January 12, 2019, 05:14:50 AM »

I’ve hit 38 now!  :biggrin:

:thumbsup:

Offline sparky114

« Reply #11 on: January 12, 2019, 07:23:53 AM »
54 In a weeks time ...Roll on retirement  :8)
Today is only one day in a life of happiness

Mark

Offline Steveboy

• Commercial Member
« Reply #12 on: January 12, 2019, 07:38:55 AM »

Not bad then! I always thought you was around 65.. I don't know why..

Im around that myself a little below, but at the moment Im in the middle of a court case with the British Government as they got my age wrong on the birth certificate so I'm kind of in limbo.. :laugh:
Hopefully they will credit me with a few years soon..

Offline Gipsy

« Reply #13 on: January 12, 2019, 09:57:04 AM »

Not bad then! I always thought you was around 65.. I don't know why..

Im around that myself a little below, but at the moment Im in the middle of a court case with the British Government as they got my age wrong on the birth certificate so I'm kind of in limbo.. :laugh:
Hopefully they will credit me with a few years soon..

Clown   :ROFL: :ROFL: :ROFL:
Bridge is a lot like sex, either you need a good partner, or a decent hand... Woody Allen

Offline BillyB

• Trips: 10-20
« Reply #14 on: January 12, 2019, 04:02:51 PM »
Recently turned 49 but feel like I'm 70. :)
Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776. If you want to stop the war in Ukraine, fix elections, stop medical tyranny and forced vaccinations, lower inflation and make America and the world a better place, get Trump back into power. The Democrats and Republicans have shown they can't do the job. They are good at robbing us and getting people killed in non stop wars.

Online B.B.

• Supporting Member
« Reply #15 on: January 13, 2019, 05:23:55 AM »
You're only as old as the woman you feel, which makes me 23. Or 29.  Or 22.  Sort of depends on the day.  But mostly 23.

B/B
Saving the World, One Clue at a Time
If your religion insults my intelligence, don't be surprised when my intelligence insults your religion.

Offline Steveboy

• Commercial Member
« Reply #16 on: January 13, 2019, 06:59:33 AM »
You're only as old as the woman you feel, which makes me 23. Or 29.  Or 22.  Sort of depends on the day.  But mostly 23.

B/B

Christ almighty!! Best warn all the Schools in Ukraine.. :ROFL:

Offline yankee

« Reply #17 on: January 13, 2019, 07:37:48 AM »

B/B

Don't know.  That is my granddaughter's age.
What is worse than not being able to get what you don't even want?

Offline Steveboy

• Commercial Member
« Reply #18 on: January 13, 2019, 09:06:11 AM »

B/B

Keep her locked up when BB is about!!  :laugh:

Online andrewfi

• Supporting Member
    • Articles About Almost Anything!
« Reply #19 on: January 13, 2019, 01:12:15 PM »

B/B

Keep bb locked up, you mean?
...everything ends always well; if it’s still bad, then it’s not the end!

Offline Steveboy

• Commercial Member
« Reply #20 on: January 13, 2019, 01:26:26 PM »

B/B

Yes probably a better idea.. but not sure about locking him up in Ukraine, I think they still do castrations there.. :laugh:

Online B.B.

• Supporting Member
« Reply #21 on: January 13, 2019, 02:57:52 PM »

B/B

Christ almighty!! Best warn all the Schools in Ukraine.. :ROFL:

Nah.  Nobody who is 22 should still be in school, as such is reckoned in Ukr.  Uni maybe, but not school. 

Well yeah, but you old as dirt.

B/B

No cell has been created that can hold me.

Yes probably a better idea.. but not sure about locking him up in Ukraine, I think they still do castrations there.. :laugh:

Nah, I'm quite popular among the locals....plus I'd know who to bribe. ;)

B/B
Saving the World, One Clue at a Time
If your religion insults my intelligence, don't be surprised when my intelligence insults your religion.

Offline Manny

« Reply #22 on: January 14, 2019, 08:11:02 AM »
48  :coffeeread:
Read a trip report from North Korea >>here<< - Read a trip report from South Korea, China and Hong Kong >>here<<

Look what the American media makes some people believe:
Putin often threatens to strike US with nuclear weapons.