The World's #1 Russian, Ukrainian & Eastern European Discussion & Information Forum - RUA!

This Is the Premier Discussion Forum on the Net for Information and Discussion about Russia, Ukraine, Eastern Europe and the Former Soviet Union. Discuss Culture, Politics, Travelling, Language, International Relationships and More. Chat with Travellers, Locals, Residents and Expats. Ask and Answer Questions about Travel, Culture, Relationships, Applying for Visas, Translators, Interpreters, and More. Give Advice, Read Trip Reports, Share Experiences and Make Friends.

Author Topic: Flying with a cat to the US.  (Read 7721 times)

Offline AvHdB

• Spouses Country: Ukraine, Kiev
  • Trips: 20+
Re: Flying with a cat to the US.
« Reply #25 on: November 02, 2018, 01:00:43 PM »
I don't think there is one airline that flies all the way.

There is indeed a KLM flight directly from AMS to LAX nonstop every day ~ KL0601
“If you aren't in over your head, how do you know how tall you are?” T.S. Eliot

Offline Bruce Lee

• Spouses Country: Russia
  • Trips: 5-10
« Reply #26 on: November 02, 2018, 01:51:55 PM »
This will be controversial but here goes......

If she has quit her life and given everything for a shot at happiness, I hope she rinses his bank account.
Funny you wrote the above, that’s exactly how I’ve felt about this story for weeks, either the blokes a piss taker or a typical dumb ass yank who expected his foreign bird to just turn up boxed and gift wrapped.

Either way, I’m rooting for the gal
If you get a minute check out Bruce's TR - Its not quite finished, however its still a pretty good read IMHO.

If I win the lottery I'll finish it this week if not I'll probably complete it when I retire!!! Until then I hope you enjoy the story so far!

Offline BillyB

• Trips: 10-20
« Reply #27 on: November 02, 2018, 02:01:17 PM »
Dude I joined this tread late but I'm about to give you some fatherly advice . . . . . . .

DO NOT MARRY THIS WOMAN WITHOUT A PRE NUP!!!!!

This means you will have to hire her a Russian speaking attorney to represent her
interests.  The document will have to be translated into both English and Cyrillic.

I will be making my LAST $4000 monthly spousal support payment on December 1,
2018.  I've been where you are, done that and have the t-shirt.

A prenup may not help with reducing spousal support. A good attorney for a foreign woman would tell the court his/her client speaks limited English, isn't familiar with the culture and isn't employable.

With marrying a foreign woman, if a guy gets a divorce to her in America, his spousal support would be greater and last longer compared to if he was divorcing an American woman.
Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776. If you want to stop the war in Ukraine, fix elections, stop medical tyranny and forced vaccinations, lower inflation and make America and the world a better place, get Trump back into power. The Democrats and Republicans have shown they can't do the job. They are good at robbing us and getting people killed in non stop wars.

Offline dcguyusa

• Spouses Country: North America, South America, Europe, Asia
  • Trips: None Yet
« Reply #28 on: November 02, 2018, 05:10:32 PM »
I don't think there is one airline that flies all the way.

There is indeed a KLM flight directly from AMS to LAX nonstop every day ~ KL0601

My very first flight that I flew was to LAX in the dead of night.  Not that good of a neighborhood to be wandering at 2 AM.   :-\

Regarding the cat, I suppose that the pet could not be "temporarily given" to a relative back in Ukraine to watch over while you are still assessing life in the US?
An uninformed opponent is a dangerous opponent.

"Y'all be makin shit up" ~ Markeith Loyd

Offline shakespear

• Supporting Member
  • Trips: 20+
« Reply #29 on: November 03, 2018, 06:57:02 AM »
A prenup may not help with reducing spousal support. A good attorney for a foreign woman would tell the court his/her client speaks limited English, isn't familiar with the culture and isn't employable.

With marrying a foreign woman, if a guy gets a divorce to her in America, his spousal support would be greater and last longer compared to if he was divorcing an American woman.

That's why at your expense you get her an attorney that is fluent in Russian and
have the document prepared in both english and cyrillic.

My attorney told me a properly prepared pre nup could have saved me about $200,000
in the divorce settlement according to Ohio law.

The amount and duration of spousal support varies greatly depending on which state
has jurisdiction, her ability to get a job and the income disparity between the parties.
"If you obey all the rules, you miss all the fun" - Katharine Hepburn

Offline ?ManyQuestions?

• Trips: 1-5
« Reply #30 on: November 03, 2018, 06:34:00 PM »
Dude I joined this tread late but I'm about to give you some fatherly advice . . . . . . .

DO NOT MARRY THIS WOMAN WITHOUT A PRE NUP!!!!!

This means you will have to hire her a Russian speaking attorney to represent her
interests.  The document will have to be translated into both English and Cyrillic.

I will be making my LAST $4000 monthly spousal support payment on December 1,
.  I've been where you are, done that and have the t-shirt.

Ever seen the tv show "Lost In Space"?  Well consider me the robot flailing my arms
wildly in all directions and screeching the words "Warning - Warning - Danger - Danger"     

You are approaching the light at the end of the tunnel. It is only less than a month away. Pozdravyayu! Na tvoyo zdorovye.

Online Guile

« Reply #31 on: November 06, 2018, 09:37:49 AM »
justadude you won't even pay for your fiancee's cat to come over? man... :GRRRR: :o

Offline justadude

« Reply #32 on: November 06, 2018, 06:05:58 PM »
She bought all 4 tickets, 2 for her and 2 for the cat for each leg of the journey. It took her 36 hours of airline ticket limbo. I sent her the money after the purchase. We are back on track and the scheduled arrival is once again late November, so I now have the tracking number for my mail order bride))

She related that being a Ukrainian accountant made her ideally suited for cutting through the red tape and getting this done.

two 90 day fiance visas, one 73 day fiance. Lived in Lvov and Odessa for 2 years. California native now on the Oregon Coast

Offline Contrarian

• Trips: 1-5
« Reply #33 on: November 06, 2018, 06:14:42 PM »
She bought all 4 tickets, 2 for her and 2 for the cat for each leg of the journey. It took her 36 hours of airline ticket limbo. I sent her the money after the purchase. We are back on track and the scheduled arrival is once again late November, so I now have the tracking number for my mail order bride))

She related that being a Ukrainian accountant made her ideally suited for cutting through the red tape and getting this done.

Good job Dude.  :thumbsup:

I think I may even go back to rooting for you.

Online Guile

« Reply #34 on: November 07, 2018, 02:56:33 AM »
well hallelujah something right came about...  it's not that hard to book flights from USA to Russia, I've done it several times. 

At least she'll get here..   you keep joking that you "have the tracking number for my mail order bride))"  maybe it's your sense of humor but maybe it's your approach to this whole thing. 

Online andrewfi

• Supporting Member
    • Articles About Almost Anything!
« Reply #35 on: November 07, 2018, 04:12:45 AM »
The words we use indicate the programing that created them. Most of us are not very proficient at writing fiction and so end up writing the truth as we see it. So, yeah, our hero is seeking a mail order bride and that attitude informs us as to why he chooses a hands off approach with minimal effort or commitment from himself.
...everything ends always well; if it’s still bad, then it’s not the end!

Online Guile

« Reply #36 on: November 07, 2018, 09:08:43 AM »
My take is if justadude can't even be bothered to meet her halfway in NY then he's lazy, selfish or both.

I just wonder how his fiancee or any girl would feel about that.  It's not like he doesn't have the time or money. 

Offline justadude

« Reply #37 on: November 07, 2018, 12:45:20 PM »

With marrying a foreign woman, if a guy gets a divorce to her in America, his spousal support would be greater and last longer compared to if he was divorcing an American woman

That's why at your expense you get her an attorney that is fluent in Russian and
have the document prepared in both english and cyrillic.

My attorney told me a properly prepared pre nup could have saved me about $200,000
in the divorce settlement according to Ohio law.

The amount and duration of spousal support varies greatly depending on which state
has jurisdiction, her ability to get a job and the income disparity between the parties.

Shakespear, I sent you a PM
two 90 day fiance visas, one 73 day fiance. Lived in Lvov and Odessa for 2 years. California native now on the Oregon Coast

Offline Steveboy

• Commercial Member
  • Trips: Resident
« Reply #38 on: November 09, 2018, 12:16:01 PM »

I like that image!! Thanks!! I will be sending that to UADreams shortly.. :ROFL:
I support no government anywhere, ever, never. No institution, No religion!!

Registration