The World's #1 Russian, Ukrainian & Eastern European Discussion & Information Forum - RUA!

This Is the Premier Discussion Forum on the Net for Information and Discussion about Russia, Ukraine, Eastern Europe and the Former Soviet Union. Discuss Culture, Politics, Travelling, Language, International Relationships and More. Chat with Travellers, Locals, Residents and Expats. Ask and Answer Questions about Travel, Culture, Relationships, Applying for Visas, Translators, Interpreters, and More. Give Advice, Read Trip Reports, Share Experiences and Make Friends.

Author Topic: Abortion - have attitudes changed ?  (Read 789 times)

Offline msmoby

• BANNED
  • BANNED
  • Spouses Country: Russia
  • Trips: 20+
Abortion - have attitudes changed ?
« on: May 24, 2018, 03:31:36 AM »

This is a REAL hot potato and one that is topical in relation to FSU v Western attitudes

FSU W in Soviet times had abortions as a form of contraception - there was NO stigma attached.

My former Wive and present partner had abortions for economic and not wanting a child by the now absent 'father' reasoning

I fire blanks - have had a vasectomy - so such issues have never occurred - other than my first wife being pregnant in what for me was a loveless marriage and I was an idiot - she wanted another child. 

I would NEVER have wanted to terminate the pregnancy - but I did have the snip - swiftly - to ensure such weakness would never result in another child, together.

My youngest daughter knows I had stopped loving her Mum and HOPEFULLY believes I do not regret her being here...

What IS the FSU attitude to abortion, today?  Has it changed ?

Abortion has been illegal in both Irelands - with plenty of notable cases were ladies went to the mainland UK to have it done.

The Rep of Ireland is re-visiting the issue with a referendum to allow abortion in  more cases.

As it is a contentious issue - I started a new thread.

It would be great to hear from FSU ladies as to their feelings  / opinions

I have never claimed to be a Blue Beret

Spurious claims about 'seeing action' with the Blue Berets are debunked >here<

Here is my Russophobia/Kremlinphobia topic

Offline msmoby

• BANNED
  • BANNED
  • Trips: 20+
Re: Abortion - have attitudes changed ?
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2018, 02:48:31 AM »
I'll trying kicking the can, again

I'm interested in the Republic of Ireland result - the referendum to end the 'unthinking' restrictions for some good cases for abortion was overturned.

I come from N.Ireland and we were taught that the wish for 'unification' was evil as the" Roman Catholic Church ran the country"..

Hmm, now Ireland has proved it is progressive and MY nation would be run by homophobic relics  - if they could ever agree to form a govt.... 

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/05/26/world/europe/ireland-abortion-yes.html

There's no easy 'right' answer to the question - but few western women take abortion lightly

I have never claimed to be a Blue Beret

Spurious claims about 'seeing action' with the Blue Berets are debunked >here<

Here is my Russophobia/Kremlinphobia topic

Offline 2tallbill

• Trips: 10-20
Abortion - have attitudes changed ?
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2018, 10:39:12 AM »
Supreme Court rejects appeal, allows Arkansas to enforce abortion restrictions
The Supreme Court is allowing Arkansas to put in effect restrictions on how abortion pills are administered. Critics of a challenged state law say it could effectively end medication abortions in the state.

The justices did not comment Tuesday in rejecting an appeal from the Planned Parenthood affiliate in Arkansas that asked the court to review an appeals court ruling and reinstate a lower court order that had blocked the law from taking effect. The law says doctors who provide abortion pills must hold a contract with another physician who has admitting privileges at a hospital and who would agree to handle complications.
http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/nationworld/ct-arkansas-abortion-law-20180529-story.html

FSUW are not for entry level daters. FSUW don't do vague FSUW like a man of action so be a man of action  If you find a promising girl, get your butt on a plane. There are a hundred ways to be successful and a thousand ways to f#ck it up
Kiss the girl, don't ask her first.
Get an apartment not a hotel. DON'T recycle girls

Registration