The World's #1 Russian, Ukrainian & Eastern European Discussion & Information Forum - RUA!

This Is the Premier Discussion Forum on the Net for Information and Discussion about Russia, Ukraine, Eastern Europe and the Former Soviet Union. Discuss Culture, Politics, Travelling, Language, International Relationships and More. Chat with Travellers, Locals, Residents and Expats. Ask and Answer Questions about Travel, Culture, Relationships, Applying for Visas, Translators, Interpreters, and More. Give Advice, Read Trip Reports, Share Experiences and Make Friends.

Author Topic: updated list of sites  (Read 17349 times)

Offline andrew99

• Trips: 1-5
updated list of sites
« on: May 20, 2018, 09:48:19 PM »
Hi,

Is there an updated list of websites Russia/Ukraine especially that people recommend here.

Some sites people have recommeded to me before are smaller agencies that pay by letter which I dont really like

I am a fan of Elenas models, Ukraine Date

Thanks

Offline Contrarian

Re: updated list of sites
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2018, 09:44:09 AM »
Hi,

Is there an updated list of websites Russia/Ukraine especially that people recommend here.

Some sites people have recommeded to me before are smaller agencies that pay by letter which I dont really like

I am a fan of Elenas models, [url=http://cupidlinks.com/?a=89194&c=5141&s1=]Ukraine Date[/url]

Thanks

Here’s a good one.

https://www.russiancupid.com/

Offline msmoby

• BANNED
  • BANNED
  • Spouses Country: Russia
  • Trips: 20+
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2018, 11:42:55 PM »
Elenasmodels is a shadow of it's former self, IMHO and I'd recommend fdating / dmnotify - my info is five years old
I have never claimed to be a Blue Beret

Spurious claims about 'seeing action' with the Blue Berets are debunked >here<

Here is my Russophobia/Kremlinphobia topic

Offline Wiz

« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2018, 04:37:36 AM »
I would suggest to use FREE PERSONALS    http://freepersonals.ru/
which is completely free and get some experience.

1) Register and create a profile But..... do not post any photo for 1-2 weeks because there are plenty of scammers around and your box will be full......

2) after 2 weeks when your box is almost empty... then post a photo....... and wait till somebody who knows how to read English write to you.

3) If you find somebody who take your fancy.... ask for her telephone numbers..... Home and Mobile and also if she has skype or any other Messenger.

If she gives you the telephone numbers.... test them and see what are her reactions or if she is on Skype... then so much better.

If none of the above works......then move on to the next one.

At the end of the day it's FREE. I did and met 5-6 and straight away I knew from my skype contact... if she was real or not!

Ignore all requests for money.

Have fun and don't be shy to post their letters here for our inspection . There are many experienced people around to advise you!

AndrewF has estblished the "Dirty Barrel " theory......  you never know!

Reremember

"NEVER SEND ANYBODY ANY MONEY BEFORE MEETING THEM IN PERSON."

Good luck

Why the sun does not shine on the Ex- British Empire Anymore? Because God never trusted an Englishman in the dark!

Offline andrew99

« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2018, 06:44:28 AM »
hi,
What is the benefit with free personals as if you want to meet a future wife why does a free website have an advantage?

Ukraindate any good?

Online AvHdB

• Spouses Country: Ukraine, Kiev
« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2018, 09:11:44 AM »
"NEVER SEND ANYBODY ANY MONEY BEFORE MEETING THEM IN PERSON."

The advice of Wiz is rule #1

If you insist on spending money to communicate with women than perhaps this site is better. > https://www.cuteonly.com/girls/ <
“If you aren't in over your head, how do you know how tall you are?” T.S. Eliot

Offline Manny

« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2018, 12:54:47 PM »
why does a free website have an advantage?

It doesn't, but many blokes like to imagine they will do this for free. Many in this endeavour are total cheapskates. They want free this, free that, 5 connections for the cheapest flights, staying in hostels, etc. Few of those men are married.

Genuine women on foreign facing paid dating sites are already self-selected to be looking for foreign men. Half your work is done already.
Read a trip report from North Korea >>here<< - Read a trip report from South Korea, China and Hong Kong >>here<<

Look what the American media makes some people believe:
Putin often threatens to strike US with nuclear weapons.

Offline Rockstar77

• Spouses Country: Dnipropetrovsk, Ukraine
  • Trips: 10-20
« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2018, 02:45:02 PM »
I met my wife on this site https://russian-ukrainian-women.com/ . It’s a paysite but hey..it worked for me and my wife is crazy in love with me..I call her my little shadow..what a sweetheart. Anyways... I liked the fact that there was not just the typical supermodel Ukrainian or Russian women photos that the majority of sites portray when Ukraine or Russia isn’t just full of beauties because there’s plenty of average to normal girls there as well. There’s plenty of average to decent girls on this site and little vixens. Don’t get me wrong because I ended up with a little rocket and my top 10 looked like something out of a Victoria’s Secret catalog but I found this site to be worth the value. I would never go to a free site because it looks cheap and FSU women can’t stand men like that. I’m not saying be a walking atm machine but use common sense and don’t be a penny pincher. The main success for me was staying away from cities you know that are going to be oversaturated. Kiev, Odessa, Lvov, look further east like Kharkov, Dnipropetrovsk, Poltava, etc.. good luck.

Offline Wiz

« Reply #8 on: May 22, 2018, 03:45:42 PM »
why does a free website have an advantage?

It doesn't, but many blokes like to imagine they will do this for free. Many in this endeavour are total cheapskates. They want free this, free that, 5 connections for the cheapest flights, staying in hostels, etc. Few of those men are married.

I think my statement in the first 2 lines it's very clear, especially for people who have no experience and of course I don't know the new poster or if he has any experience. Nothing is wrong for some free practice on a dating site! A newbie could buy a book and learn about Russian women, too.

"I would suggest to use FREE PERSONALS    http://freepersonals.ru/ ... which is completely free and get some experience."

Personally I have never tried to stay in a 5* hotel to show off and impress a woman, because a 3* BB it's good enough and comfortable and I have never stayed in a youth hostel. Due to my travel experience, most of the time, I am able to book cheap flights on the most direct flights and yes I took advantage of the EU directive and brought my wife for FREE in the UK.

I am not loaded like some ... and I saw no reason paying her Majesty's Government £900 + for an entrance visa to UK. After our wedding I used that money for a nice holiday in Greece. BTW I did not meet my wife on a Free Dating site...... but on one who permitted the first letter for Free and my wife was very clever and we established direct connection. Then I know web design.... and 10 years next month, we are still together  :)

Genuine women on foreign facing paid dating sites are already self-selected to be looking for foreign men. Half your work is done already.

Not necessarily! This endeavour it's not a short trip to the pub!

tiphat
Why the sun does not shine on the Ex- British Empire Anymore? Because God never trusted an Englishman in the dark!

Offline andrew99

« Reply #9 on: May 22, 2018, 05:00:33 PM »
Hi,

I have been married to a russian women for 6 years  before being divorced . She was from Moscow and I have been to Russia before so I am not a newbie and yes FSU women can be difficult as well as any women can.

My issue is that I wanted a family and my late 40's.

Online AvHdB

• Spouses Country: Ukraine, Kiev
« Reply #10 on: May 22, 2018, 05:34:43 PM »
How much Russian did you learn? If a fair bit than that might be a big advantage.

Bear in mind I sense from the time of your first trip to today the landscape has changed in the former Soviet Union with regards to foreigners dating there.
“If you aren't in over your head, how do you know how tall you are?” T.S. Eliot

Offline msmoby

• BANNED
  • BANNED
« Reply #11 on: May 23, 2018, 12:00:06 AM »
Wiz,

andrew99 is asking for advice on dating sites - not the letters he might receive.

It is typical of your nosiness that you'd want to 'help' by reading any letter and then try to trace the writer .... 

Offline andrew99

« Reply #12 on: May 23, 2018, 03:33:44 AM »
How much Russian did you learn? If a fair bit than that might be a big advantage.

Bear in mind I sense from the time of your first trip to today the landscape has changed in the former Soviet Union with regards to foreigners dating there.

well i have no intention in just fronting up to moscow  and going to bars/nightclubs in trying to find a woman.

Plenty of people I have known have been russia in last 6 years .

it isnt just fun dating but the life you offer at home as well their willingness to relocate and married is more the factor IMHO

Offline Olga_Mouse

• Trips: Resident
« Reply #13 on: April 03, 2019, 11:43:54 AM »

True - but I personally had only negative experience with Meetic and E-Darling...  ???
Leaving Russia is not an emigration, rather an evacuation.

Offline Olga_Mouse

Fdating.com: your average reply rate?
« Reply #14 on: April 03, 2019, 11:47:02 AM »
Hi guys,
if anyone here is using fdating.com - what is your average "reply rate" and "moving to Whatsapp \ Skype" rate?  ???

Offline Steveboy

• Commercial Member
Re: Fdating.com: your average reply rate?
« Reply #15 on: April 03, 2019, 02:50:21 PM »
Hi guys,
if anyone here is using fdating.com - what is your average "reply rate" and "moving to Whatsapp \ Skype" rate?  ???

When it comes to dating it's not much difference to buying a pair of trousers or going to a nice restaurant, you get what you pay for..

Free dating sites are fine, but there are a few drawbacks ..

1. Very little scam protection if any at all.. subscription sites (The genuine ones) give you 24/7 protection..

2. On any FSU sites younger women especially have a pretty short shelf life, you need a big turn over of new sign ups to stop a negative churn rate, as you can imagine some young women in her 30's is going to sign up to any site be it Free or subscription and get the usual bombardment of messages from guys in their 60/70's that's ok for some women, but in general they are gone within a week or two. When it comes to Free dating the case is even worse you have the "old codgers" writing to you the younger women .. BUT wait for it!! You also have hundreds of other guys writing from countries you never heard of or want to hear off, Congo. Tanzania, I can leave the rest to your imagination, most wanting free sex chat and 99.9% not even being able to afford a bowl of rice for dinner, let alone a ticket to meet a women.

3. If your a women signed up to a free site your probably going to find yourself a guy who when it comes to spending money your probably going to be in for a shock.. Burger King will be your night out and you'r probably going to have to pay your own ticket to meet him in his own country, why do you think they are signed up to a free dating site? Of course some will not like this comment BUT it's the truth! I know I have been in the industry a fair few years and as well as knowing the business inside out I also know the phycology of most of the people.. sure there will be a few guys with some cash but generally no!  Your also probably going to be eating the "Supermarket Own brands" when and if you finally marry Bob from the free site.. yes its life and it's the truth..

I support no government anywhere, ever, never. No institution, No religion!!

Offline Olga_Mouse

« Reply #16 on: April 03, 2019, 03:22:27 PM »
Asked a simple statistic question - received an advertising campaign in return. Wonderful. Thanks. That's exactly what I wanted!

1. Very little scam protection if any at all.. subscription sites (The genuine ones) give you 24/7 protection..

How does your scam horror applies to female users of free sites, please?

You also have hundreds of other guys writing from countries you never heard of or want to hear off, Congo. Tanzania, I can leave the rest to your imagination, most wanting free sex chat and 99.9% not even being able to afford a bowl of rice for dinner, let alone a ticket to meet a women.

There are filters, where it is possible to mark the countries from which you wish to receive mail. Yes, it takes time to block approx 90% of listed countries, and leaving EU only - but only those who are completely illiterate (technically) will suffer from Afican spam.

3. If you're a woman signed up to a free site, you'll probably going to find yourself a guy who - when it comes to spending money - will probably be in for a shock...  Burger King will be your night out, and you're probably going to have to pay your own ticket to meet him in his own country, why do you think they are signed up to a free dating site? Of course some will not like this comment BUT it's the truth! I know I have been in the industry a fair few years and as well as knowing the business inside out I also know the psychology of most of the people... sure there will be a few guys with some cash but generally no!  You're also probably going to be eating the "Supermarket Own brands" when and if you finally marry Bob from the free site... yes its life and it's the truth...

Ooh you have scared me!  :ROFL:

Till now I have always paid my own flight tickets. That's my modus operandi - if I don't like the way the situation develops, I am changing the return flight date - and bye.   :plane:

As to nights out, and eating "Supermarket own brands" - first I do not need anything fancy (have seen enough 5* hotels and posh restaurants during last 23 years of my gipsy job!); second - if I do not like the products that the man buys, I will do my own grocery shopping where I want; and third - I can even invite a man for a coffee now and then  :chuckle:  If I can't do it, then how can I be considered a partner with equal rights?

Online Markje

• MCMLXXIV
    • Mark's unix pages
  • Spouses Country: Crimea
« Reply #17 on: April 03, 2019, 03:32:46 PM »

Till now I have always paid my own flight tickets. That's my modus operandi - if I don't like the way the situation develops, I am changing the return flight date - and bye.   :plane:

As to nights out, and eating "Supermarket own brands" - first I do not need anything fancy (have seen enough 5* hotels and posh restaurants during last 23 years of my gipsy job!); second - if I do not like the products that the man buys, I will do my own grocery shopping where I want; and third - I can even invite a man for a coffee now and then  :chuckle:  If I can't do it, then how can I be considered a partner with equal rights?
Ahh... there she is, i've missed you  :king:
OO===[][]===OO
My first trip to my wife: To Evpatoria!
My road trip to Crimea: Roadtrip to Evpatoria

Offline Olga_Mouse

« Reply #18 on: April 03, 2019, 03:38:22 PM »

It's nice to be back...  :party0031: Same place, same faces...  :innocent: Nothing really new in our virtual sandpit, or...?  :) Or did we become older and wiser, somehow?

Offline Manny

« Reply #19 on: April 03, 2019, 03:47:15 PM »

It's nice to be back...  :party0031: Same place, same faces...  :innocent: Nothing really new in our virtual sandpit, or...?  :) Or did we become older and wiser, somehow?

We're all older and wiser now. I think............
Read a trip report from North Korea >>here<< - Read a trip report from South Korea, China and Hong Kong >>here<<

Look what the American media makes some people believe:
Putin often threatens to strike US with nuclear weapons.

Offline Steveboy

• Commercial Member
« Reply #20 on: April 03, 2019, 04:29:23 PM »
Asked a simple statistic question - received an advertising campaign in return. Wonderful. Thanks. That's exactly what I wanted!

How does your scam horror applies to female users of free sites, please?

You also have hundreds of other guys writing from countries you never heard of or want to hear off, Congo. Tanzania, I can leave the rest to your imagination, most wanting free sex chat and 99.9% not even being able to afford a bowl of rice for dinner, let alone a ticket to meet a women.

There are filters, where it is possible to mark the countries from which you wish to receive mail. Yes, it takes time to block approx 90% of listed countries, and leaving EU only - but only those who are completely illiterate (technically) will suffer from Afican spam.

3. If you're a woman signed up to a free site, you'll probably going to find yourself a guy who - when it comes to spending money - will probably be in for a shock...  Burger King will be your night out, and you're probably going to have to pay your own ticket to meet him in his own country, why do you think they are signed up to a free dating site? Of course some will not like this comment BUT it's the truth! I know I have been in the industry a fair few years and as well as knowing the business inside out I also know the psychology of most of the people... sure there will be a few guys with some cash but generally no!  You're also probably going to be eating the "Supermarket Own brands" when and if you finally marry Bob from the free site... yes its life and it's the truth...

Ooh you have scared me!  :ROFL:

received an advertising campaign. Don't flatter yourself..You think I really need to sit down and send you or anyone a advertising campaign about benefits of switching from a free site to a paid site..
I support no government anywhere, ever, never. No institution, No religion!!

Offline Olga_Mouse

« Reply #21 on: April 03, 2019, 04:33:39 PM »
received an advertising campaign. Don't flatter yourself...

You think I really need to sit down and send you or anyone a advertising campaign about benefits of switching from a free site to a paid site...

It has nothing to do with flattering:laugh: , but from my point of view that is exactly what you just did: invested a significant amount of your time in promoting your site, and protecting the idea of "paid sites" per se    :biggrin:

I understand that is how you earn your living, but my point of view is not changed: freedom for the free spirits  :party0031:   Occasional idiots make the visits to that virtual zoo even more funny  :)   After all, I need a material to carry on with my "another side of the moon" thread, right?  :8)

Offline Olga_Mouse

Fdating.com reply rate
« Reply #22 on: April 03, 2019, 04:36:55 PM »
...and back to fdating.

My current experience is: from 20 initial messages sent maybe 4 would be answered, and out of this 4 maybe 1 conversation will develop to WhatsApp-ing stage.

Wondering if the view from Mars is different from the view from Venus?  :knit:

Offline msmoby

• BANNED
  • BANNED
« Reply #23 on: April 03, 2019, 05:11:15 PM »

We're all older and wiser now. I think............

That's amusing ...  You were a fan of 'Trampu's' once .. !

Then there's 'Brexit' and

Katie Holmes ..

Offline Omega1982

• Spouses Country: Not determined / USA
  • Trips: 5-10
« Reply #24 on: April 03, 2019, 05:15:19 PM »
May I ask why should we provide this private information to you? 

Are you taking dating statistics?  Last I knew you were a musical promoter and travel agent. 

Registration